Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482398 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #2500 on: March 20, 2019, 08:54:11 PM »

The McCain thing is so counterproductive. Trump does himself no good arguing with a dead guy.

And the Conway Show needs to end fast.

So true

Wonder how many times Kelly tried to shake some sense into him on the McCain thing and just got exhausted trying to teach common sense to the one man on the planet who should know better.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2501 on: March 21, 2019, 04:44:10 AM »

The McCain attacks need to stop. I feel so bad for his kids and his widow. When will his base finally tire of this horseshit and stand up to him. When will his butt puppets in congress grow a pair? Political differences aside with McCain, he was an honorable man who served this country, a war hero who rule of law and country over party still meant something to.  Notice how he always starts shit when there are new developments in the investigations? Like Hope Hicks now cooperating with the house investigation.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2502 on: March 21, 2019, 04:47:21 AM »

This fargin guy
Today taking more shots at a man dead for 7 months.
At some point people must realize he's a few french fries short of a happy meal.

I keep waiting for that to happen but his loyal ilk will never leave him no matter what he does. I really believe him when he said he could kill someone and not lose one vote from his hardcore base.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2503 on: March 21, 2019, 09:32:16 AM »

The McCain attacks need to stop. I feel so bad for his kids and his widow. When will his base finally tire of this horseshit and stand up to him. When will his butt puppets in congress grow a pair? Political differences aside with McCain, he was an honorable man who served this country, a war hero who rule of law and country over party still meant something to.  Notice how he always starts shit when there are new developments in the investigations? Like Hope Hicks now cooperating with the house investigation.

I think McCain's family is finding this all ridiculous, which it is. Megan McCain pretty much said she thinks her father would be laughing at all of this.  Trump is just shooting himself in the foot over this petty feud.

Regarding the House investigation - it is a bit of a sham. They are in search of a crime , not investigating a crime. You know they're phishing for something with a document request from 81 agencies.  It is common knowledge that the Dems want very badly to pin something on him, many have called for impeachment going on 2 years now. Why not just let the Mueller Report drop and see what they came up with and go from there?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:39:34 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2504 on: March 21, 2019, 09:53:05 AM »

I think McCain's family is finding this all ridiculous, which it is.

Regarding the House investigation - it is a bit of a sham. They are in search of a crime , not investigating a crime. You know they're phishing for something with a document request from 81 agencies.  It is common knowledge that the Dems want very badly to pin something on him, many have called for impeachment going on 2 years now. Why not just let the Mueller Report drop and see what they came up with and go from there?

I have to admit i loved Megan's response on the view, but seriously he needs to stop this. Every time he opens his mouth and says stupid shit like this he looks more and more petty and stupid.

That's all assuming Trump's AG lets congress see it. Who's to say he won't just bury it to protect members of the administration? I mean yeah he says he will make it as public as possible but i've pretty much given up believing what anyone in the current administration says vs what they actually do. Maybe they won't find anything just like the republican investigation conducted last year. We know Hicks as well as Cohen lied in their testimonies last year. Since she now seems willing to cooperate and provide documents let her. If Trump or administration officials did nothing wrong they have nothing to worry about. For a man who claims to be so innocent of wrongdoing he is sure trying his best to discredit any investigation.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #2505 on: March 21, 2019, 11:46:28 AM »

When your egotism is on a level like this, even letting a fued with a dead man die a lonely death is too hard to accept when you can take above the ground shots and get the last word.ki

This idiot is probably already thinking of a new nickname to slap on McCain now
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2506 on: March 21, 2019, 11:57:15 AM »

I think McCain's family is finding this all ridiculous, which it is. Megan McCain pretty much said she thinks her father would be laughing at all of this.  Trump is just shooting himself in the foot over this petty feud.

Because this is stuff that is outside the Mueller Reports scope: Money laundering, racketerring, bank fraud, additional campaign finance violations, potential tax fraud, and a whole host of other infractions.

Congress is empowered with oversight.  They are using that power, as is their right.  Just like the Repubs did when Clinton was in office.  Just like they TRIED to do when Obama was in office.

The difference is: Trump has been less transparent, less forthcoming, and has been involved in a lot more shady shit than either of the two I mentioned (and that's saying SOMETHING when one of those people is Bill Clinton!). And Trumps been involved in that shady shit for the better part of 5 decades.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2507 on: March 21, 2019, 12:01:06 PM »

I have to admit i loved Megan's response on the view, but seriously he needs to stop this. Every time he opens his mouth and says stupid shit like this he looks more and more petty and stupid.

That's all assuming Trump's AG lets congress see it. Who's to say he won't just bury it to protect members of the administration? I mean yeah he says he will make it as public as possible but i've pretty much given up believing what anyone in the current administration says vs what they actually do. Maybe they won't find anything just like the republican investigation conducted last year. We know Hicks as well as Cohen lied in their testimonies last year. Since she now seems willing to cooperate and provide documents let her. If Trump or administration officials did nothing wrong they have nothing to worry about. For a man who claims to be so innocent of wrongdoing he is sure trying his best to discredit any investigation.

This! SO MUCH THIS!

If you want people to give you the benefit of the doubt...stop acting GUILTY! Jesus...it's really that simple.

You know who acts guilty and tries to cover shit up? GUILTY PEOPLE!

If he's innocent...great.  That's what due process is for and that's what we're seeing in action.  But you know what?  A LOT less people would assume the worst if he shut his mouth, stopped acting like a mob boss, and just let things play out.  If he didn't tweet about it every second of every day for 2 years...a whole lot fewer people would be talking about the Mueller investigation. 

The guy is his own worst enemy.  He makes Nixon actually look good.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 12:03:19 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2508 on: March 21, 2019, 12:26:08 PM »

This! SO MUCH THIS!

If you want people to give you the benefit of the doubt...stop acting GUILTY! Jesus...it's really that simple.

You know who acts guilty and tries to cover shit up? GUILTY PEOPLE!

If he's innocent...great.  That's what due process is for and that's what we're seeing in action.  But you know what?  A LOT less people would assume the worst if he shut his mouth, stopped acting like a mob boss, and just let things play out.  If he didn't tweet about it every second of every day for 2 years...a whole lot fewer people would be talking about the Mueller investigation. 

The guy is his own worst enemy.  He makes Nixon actually look good.  Roll Eyes
Now that's a scary thought if what you are doing makes tricky Dick look good.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2509 on: March 21, 2019, 12:35:09 PM »

When your egotism is on a level like this, even letting a fued with a dead man die a lonely death is too hard to accept when you can take above the ground shots and get the last word.ki

In between coming up with derogatory names for his opponents in the 2020 election.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #2510 on: March 21, 2019, 02:50:13 PM »

In between coming up with derogatory names for his opponents in the 2020 election.

The names tend to stick......that's the scary thing
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2511 on: March 21, 2019, 03:13:12 PM »

The names tend to stick......that's the scary thing

No argument here.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2512 on: March 21, 2019, 04:33:35 PM »

publicly attacking someone who died 7 months ago is silly, and just kinda strange. McCain's involvement with the dossier was proven. so fine, acknowledge that fact and leave him alone.

the virtue signaling by liberals is sickening. as soon as Mccain had a beef with trump, everyone loves him. yet many of you called him crazy and racist and other things over the years.

McCain was a fucking asshole. he also is a war hero and did great things for this country. both of these things can be simultaneously true. 

if there was any chance of my comments being made public, I would not voice these negative opinions. out of respect for a dead man who cannot defend himself, and for his family. but since about 3 people will read this, I have nothing to worry about. Trump, on the other hand, should give that some consideration.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2513 on: March 21, 2019, 05:02:04 PM »

meanwhile....

- ISIS caliphate has crumbled and last stronghold liberated

- Trump signed an executive order to protect free speech on campus

- Trump passed the First Step Act. a few months later and Van Jones is still praising Trump for this.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #2514 on: March 21, 2019, 06:39:52 PM »

publicly attacking someone who died 7 months ago is silly, and just kinda strange. McCain's involvement with the dossier was proven. so fine, acknowledge that fact and leave him alone.

the virtue signaling by liberals is sickening. as soon as Mccain had a beef with trump, everyone loves him. yet many of you called him crazy and racist and other things over the years.

McCain was a fucking asshole. he also is a war hero and did great things for this country. both of these things can be simultaneously true. 

if there was any chance of my comments being made public, I would not voice these negative opinions. out of respect for a dead man who cannot defend himself, and for his family. but since about 3 people will read this, I have nothing to worry about. Trump, on the other hand, should give that some consideration.

Absolutely 100% true

When he was in the way of Obama becoming president - McCain was the crazy old bastard looking to bomb every country into the stone age and trying to keep women's rights in the ...stone age

They even tried to make Romney (aka King Square) some kind of wild wack job.

It's all politics round and round and round
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2515 on: March 22, 2019, 03:52:50 AM »

When McCain was running sure I disagreed with his position in many issues, but I can still recognize and respect him for his service, which he deserves. The thing that scared me most about him possibly being president was that nutter Palin being one seat away from the oval office.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2516 on: March 22, 2019, 06:33:46 AM »

meanwhile....

- Trump passed the First Step Act. a few months later and Van Jones is still praising Trump for this.

I'm isn't that already protected by the Constitution? Colleges aren't obligated to allow a speaker to come and say anything they want. Free speech protects you from the government only period.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2517 on: March 22, 2019, 02:11:42 PM »

Day 4 of Trump's fight with a dead man. It's just sad now.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2518 on: March 22, 2019, 02:16:09 PM »

meanwhile....

I'm isn't that already protected by the Constitution? Colleges aren't obligated to allow a speaker to come and say anything they want. Free speech protects you from the government only period.

No, Tim. This forces those colleges to allow hate speech from white nationalists.  It's not "protecting free speech"....not really.  It's forcing colleges who get a whit of federal funding to allow people who's messages they don't agree with, and whom they don't want to be associated with, to allow them on their college campuses to espouse their "cause". No matter what it is.

That's what it is.  Because THOSE are the types of people who, of late, have been denied a platform.

Not reasonable conservative voices.  Not reasonable liberal voices. They are free to express their opinions, on pretty much any college campus, til their hearts are content. There is no global, or academic, conspiracy to silence particular points of view.  And Trump knows it.  That's an excuse (and one that will be perpetuated by the Trump nut swingers and people trolling for reactions to "pwn the libs").

Because really, it's crackpots, whackjobs, racists, and neonazis who are the ones that this EO actually "protects".  THATS what this EO forces colleges to associate with, whether they like it or not.

You want to sign an EO that enforces some sort of "Fairness Doctrine" on campuses, for colleges who get federal funding....go for it.  For every 1 liberal speaker you pay, you have to pay a conservative to come in, too.

And, in the same vein, I am all for condemning violent reactions to someone else's point of view.  What happened at Berkley recently was uncalled for, and the perpetrator should be prosecuted and punished.  But...the truth is...it was an isolated incident (and that's a statistically driven statement, FYI, based on NORC data widely available in their GSS platform and a gallup/knight foundation study from 2016). A terrible, uncalled for...isolated incident.  It is not indicative of a larger issue on college campuses.  It's just not.  I WORK ON ONE OF THEM.  I travel to ivy college campuses ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.  There is no global conspiracy to silence students or to stop them from expressing their opinions.

But to say you have to let ANYONE come in and say ANY hateful thing they want?  That's the leopard showing his spots. It's telling the EO isn't more narrowly written.

I hope the response from this administration, when those types of speakers are faced with voluminous and vociferous protests is as accommodating.  Because I imagine they will be expressing their free speech quite loudly. Wink
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 04:19:00 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2519 on: March 22, 2019, 02:24:31 PM »

Day 4 of Trump's fight with a dead man. It's just sad now.

It was sad from the start.  Now it's pathetic.

I disagreed with McCain's politics (and his choice of VP candidates), but I always honored his service to this country. I certainly never called him names...and, honestly, I don't know anyone who did.  The man was a freaking war hero.  And his response to the woman, during his presidential campaign, who insisted Obama was a Muslim might have been one of the single most inspiring acts in a presidential campaign in my memory.   

Trump is eventually going to learn you can't beat (or hurt) a dead man in an argument...you can only hurt yourself.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 02:32:56 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: