Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:23:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482478 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #2580 on: April 09, 2019, 07:16:22 PM »

Candace Owens just OWNED the dems. holy shit!!  a bunch of dems make false accusations and don't even let her respond. she finally gets a chance to talk and puts ted lieu and Nadler in their place.

But the dems know that most news outlets will report this in a way to make her look bad. and they followers will slurp it up big time because they just want to hear that all trump supporters are bad and evil. no research will be done - just keep feeding the hate and the division and the sheep will follow. easy business, and the payoffs are huge. 

What happened?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2581 on: April 09, 2019, 10:50:20 PM »

Candace Owens just OWNED the dems. holy shit!!  a bunch of dems make false accusations and don't even let her respond. she finally gets a chance to talk and puts ted lieu and Nadler in their place.

But the dems know that most news outlets will report this in a way to make her look bad. and they followers will slurp it up big time because they just want to hear that all trump supporters are bad and evil. no research will be done - just keep feeding the hate and the division and the sheep will follow. easy business, and the payoffs are huge. 
Seriously you are gonna defend a woman that there's audio of her saying what Hitler did would've been ok if he only did it in Germany?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2582 on: April 10, 2019, 07:58:02 AM »

Seriously you are gonna defend a woman that there's audio of her saying what Hitler did would've been ok if he only did it in Germany?

you've been played. BADLY. do some reading. don't just buy into what the media tells you. or what your liberal, trump-hating, websites tell you.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2583 on: April 10, 2019, 08:02:38 AM »

It was a gotcha moment on the part of Lieu. He played an audio clip of an answer to a question no one heard, to not allow the context to be understood. Then wasn't going to allow Ms Owens to respond.

I am pretty sure  Candace Owens is not a Nazi nor approves genocide.

The whole tying people you dont agree with to Hitler is a pretty tired tactic but some politicians and media hacks still try to do it to people.  Its one step away from accusing someone of eating puppies and children.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:07:31 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2584 on: April 10, 2019, 08:45:09 AM »

What happened?

- Candace Owens was invited to testify in front of congress.

- a bunch of male leaders in the Dem party bullied her.

- they lied about her.

- Ted Lieu played a clip of something she said out of context to make her look bad. he deliberately misrepresented her comments to make her look evil.

- Candace was then given time to talk and mopped the fucking floor with ted lieu.

- she said Ted Lieu believes black people are stupid. Nadler tried to further bully her by lying about what she said and interrupted her. she then pointed out his lie (and/or stupidity) and put him in his place.

- she then clarified the point she was making, which is Hitler was NOT a nationalist.

- talking more about Ted Lieu, she said: "And what I responded is that I do not believe we should be characterizing Hitler as a nationalist," Owens said. "He was a homicidal, psychopathic maniac that killed his own people. A nationalist would not kill their own people. ... That was unbelievably dishonest, and he did not allow me to respond to it."

- she also added: "By the way, I would like to also add that I work for Prager University, which is run by an orthodox Jew. Not a single Democrat showed up to the embassy opening in Jerusalem. I sat on a plane for 18 hours to make sure I was there. I am deeply offended by the insinuation of revealing that clip without the question that was asked of me."

- Ted Lieu, caught red handed, could only sit there like a child who was just scolded by their mom. by the look on his face, his ego clearly took quite a hit.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 09:42:55 AM by sandman » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2585 on: April 12, 2019, 10:56:13 PM »

I'm not going to re-litigate the 2016 election here with you, what would be the point of that? 

You don't need to, Trump and you supporters are still obsessed with Hillary.

I feel like i’m dreaming....

- Mueller Report drops
- Trump totally exonerated

Damn this is fun.

Yet another pathetic childish taunt. Why is this guy not banned? He's clearly nothing more than a troll.

Oh, and he explicitly wasn't exonerated. Are you mentally challenged?

Betsy Devos was Trump's  worst cabinet pick. ( along with Sessions)

You know you made a bad choice when the President reverses your decision the next day.

Still dont understand why someone who never worked in education got the nod.

Because someone who never worked in government got the job above her? Roll Eyes

Reasonable and honest answer on him reversing course - even if 99% of him is a trainwreck, acknowledging the 1% is hard but still impossible for some.

Jeez, it's almost like being a shitty person affects how people view you or something...

Ladies and gents, the epitome of TDS!  drool

"Hey, just because I defend people who defend Hitler doesn't make me a bigot! Why is the left always calling us racist?!"

- they lied about her.

- Ted Lieu played a clip of something she said out of context to make her look bad. he deliberately misrepresented her comments to make her look evil.

- Candace was then given time to talk and mopped the fucking floor with ted lieu.

- she said Ted Lieu believes black people are stupid. Nadler tried to further bully her by lying about what she said and interrupted her. she then pointed out his lie (and/or stupidity) and put him in his place.

- she then clarified the point she was making, which is Hitler was NOT a nationalist.

- talking more about Ted Lieu, she said: "And what I responded is that I do not believe we should be characterizing Hitler as a nationalist," Owens said. "He was a homicidal, psychopathic maniac that killed his own people. A nationalist would not kill their own people. ... That was unbelievably dishonest, and he did not allow me to respond to it."

- she also added: "By the way, I would like to also add that I work for Prager University, which is run by an orthodox Jew. Not a single Democrat showed up to the embassy opening in Jerusalem. I sat on a plane for 18 hours to make sure I was there. I am deeply offended by the insinuation of revealing that clip without the question that was asked of me."

- Ted Lieu, caught red handed, could only sit there like a child who was just scolded by their mom. by the look on his face, his ego clearly took quite a hit.

Why are you such a liar? Don't you get tired of being so relentlessly unscrupulous?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2586 on: April 12, 2019, 11:43:05 PM »

Yep she has a history of saying stupid things.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2587 on: April 13, 2019, 05:35:08 PM »

And the right wants to redefine society's definition of "nationalist" because...well, for obvious reasons.

"Hitler wasn't a nationalist" is a bit of rationalizing that white nationalists jump through to try to make their positions less icky. And Ms. Owens objects to the term because it paints her party in exactly the corner they've painted themselves into.  When they stop giving voice to, and using the dog whistle language of, white nationalists...then maybe her "criticism" and faux pearl clutching outrage would hold a bit more weight.  Til then......

The fact is: Ms. Owens has a LONG history of saying incredibly stupid things....just like Trump.  The quote played isn't the only one, nor was it even the worst of them. She can cry context all she wants, but the fact is: She "defended" Hitler in the response to the question she was asked....because she objected to nationalists being lumped in with him. You can listen to the entire audio clip and.....it doesn't really change the point. Her entire rebuttal was a straw man.

The only person Ms. Owens "owns" is herself, on a regular basis.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 05:43:10 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2588 on: April 14, 2019, 05:30:10 AM »

And the right wants to redefine society's definition of "nationalist" because...well, for obvious reasons.

"Hitler wasn't a nationalist" is a bit of rationalizing that white nationalists jump through to try to make their positions less icky. And Ms. Owens objects to the term because it paints her party in exactly the corner they've painted themselves into.  When they stop giving voice to, and using the dog whistle language of, white nationalists...then maybe her "criticism" and faux pearl clutching outrage would hold a bit more weight.  Til then......

The fact is: Ms. Owens has a LONG history of saying incredibly stupid things....just like Trump.  The quote played isn't the only one, nor was it even the worst of them. She can cry context all she wants, but the fact is: She "defended" Hitler in the response to the question she was asked....because she objected to nationalists being lumped in with him. You can listen to the entire audio clip and.....it doesn't really change the point. Her entire rebuttal was a straw man.

Yep, for starters that racism is over because she wasn't a slave or her leaked texts where she mocks victims of sexual assault and the metoo movement.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2589 on: April 15, 2019, 01:42:23 AM »

It says a lot about their fragile worldview and juvenile disposition that they need to constantly be reinforced with a narrative of right wingers "owning leftists" and taking credit for a labor market their president had nothing to do with. Pathetic.

I have to say, I applaud your guys' patience with sandman. This is why I could never teach grade school children...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 01:44:33 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2590 on: April 15, 2019, 07:25:11 AM »

Yep, for starters that racism is over because she wasn't a slave or her leaked texts where she mocks victims of sexual assault and the metoo movement.

Or her tweet about unmarried/childless women being biochemically altered?

Or her appearances on Infowars, where she espoused and supported stupid conspiracy theories?

Or her insistence that the attempted Dem bomber last year was a leftists (even after he was caught and everyone else had let that stupid conspiracy theory go)?

Or her interactions with the Tibbins family (who her own organization took her to task over harassing)?

The list is long and her testimony at that hearing was no different.  In short, her opening statement said there is no white nationalism and there is no increase in hate crimes.  Its all just dem politicing.

Despite statistics and crime reporting which, you know, directly support a rise in hate crime, specifically racist fueled hate crime, around the country since Trump was elected.

She's a "conservative", born of gamergate (who was a liberal until she was called out for doxing...and Milo and Cernovich took her under their wing), who can't keep her foot out of her mouth. She was no better when she was a liberal (for example, in 2015), running an anti-conservative web site (Degree180) and putting up content about Trumps penis size (yup, that was their flavor of news).  In terms of political relevance, she's a fart in church.  Her whole political involvement is a revenge fantasy against those she holds responsible for her "anti-bullying" doxing web site (SocialAutopsy.com) failing, and her being called out about it. 

This woman has a LONG, storied history in my state (where she's from). 

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 07:33:25 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2591 on: April 15, 2019, 07:53:08 AM »

And now we have conservatives losing their shit over Ilhan Omar's latest comments that they've taken out of context to fit their own bigoted narrative and Trump using them against her in a twitter post causing death threats.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2592 on: April 15, 2019, 08:49:00 AM »

And now we have conservatives losing their shit over Ilhan Omar's latest comments that they've taken out of context to fit their own bigoted narrative and Trump using them against her in a twitter post causing death threats.

Her phrasing was a little glib, but the pearl clutching and out of context discussions (on Fox, specifically) are just batshit crazy.  Bordering on hystronics.

It's obvious what she meant by the context.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2593 on: April 15, 2019, 03:03:10 PM »

Not political....

But Notre Dame burns...and my heart weeps.

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2594 on: April 15, 2019, 05:37:10 PM »

I'm not going to re-litigate the 2016 election here with you, what would be the point of that? 

You don't need to, Trump and you supporters are still obsessed with Hillary.

I feel like i’m dreaming....

- Mueller Report drops
- Trump totally exonerated

Damn this is fun.

Yet another pathetic childish taunt. Why is this guy not banned? He's clearly nothing more than a troll.

Oh, and he explicitly wasn't exonerated. Are you mentally challenged?

Betsy Devos was Trump's  worst cabinet pick. ( along with Sessions)

You know you made a bad choice when the President reverses your decision the next day.

Still dont understand why someone who never worked in education got the nod.

Because someone who never worked in government got the job above her? Roll Eyes

Reasonable and honest answer on him reversing course - even if 99% of him is a trainwreck, acknowledging the 1% is hard but still impossible for some.

Jeez, it's almost like being a shitty person affects how people view you or something...

Ladies and gents, the epitome of TDS!  drool

"Hey, just because I defend people who defend Hitler doesn't make me a bigot! Why is the left always calling us racist?!"

- they lied about her.

Why are you such a liar? Don't you get tired of being so relentlessly unscrupulous?

questioning why i'm not banned is hilarious.

someone disagrees with you so you want to shut down their ability to voice their opinions. truly classic stuff, and a first in these threads (at least from what I have seen).

sadly, this is exactly what is going on in America right now. WAY too many liberals believe alternative views should be squashed (ironically, they will call conservatives fascists in the same breath as saying their opinions should be banned). and now we have it right here on HTGTH. 

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2595 on: April 15, 2019, 05:39:31 PM »

I believe she should be criticized for her comments. they were OFFENSIVE. and i'm glad Trump exposed her.

criticizing public figures when they make offensive comments is not incitement.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2596 on: April 15, 2019, 05:47:34 PM »

Happy Tax Day! and remember, if you make enough money to owe federal taxes and you are getting some back, it's not really a "refund" - you're just getting your own money back, that you lent to the government, interest free.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/business/economy/income-tax-cut.html

Face It: You (Probably) Got a Tax Cut
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 05:57:18 PM by sandman » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2597 on: April 15, 2019, 07:58:28 PM »

I believe she should be criticized for her comments. they were OFFENSIVE. and i'm glad Trump exposed her.

criticizing public figures when they make offensive comments is not incitement.

So you chide the left for what you consider taking Owens comments out of context but perfectly ok with the right doing it with Omar? Typical, just what I'd expect. If you actually watch the whole thing is perfectly clear what she was saying.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2598 on: April 16, 2019, 07:03:59 AM »

Speaking of tax day, I wrote a check for under $100 yesterday for taxes.  Last year the check was $5K.

I made more than the previous year and paid less. And do not net 6 figures so I'm far from rich. 

So I cant buy into the Trumps tax plan benefits millionaire and billionaires bullshit that the left is trying to sell.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 07:06:42 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2599 on: April 16, 2019, 09:30:29 AM »

Speaking of tax day, I wrote a check for under $100 yesterday for taxes.  Last year the check was $5K.

I made more than the previous year and paid less. And do not net 6 figures so I'm far from rich. 

So I cant buy into the Trumps tax plan benefits millionaire and billionaires bullshit that the left is trying to sell.

Yeah? Nice anecdote.  Of course, it doesn't actually tell us what you paid out over the course of the rest of the year, (or what you GROSS) so.....I don't know that it means anything.

Now, I'll share one:

Our withholdings were $1486 more than they were last year (by my own design, partially, because I knew we were going to owe more).

Our refund was exactly $100 less than it was last year.

We made just about $3000 more than we did last year.

Essentially, I paid $1586 more in taxes on $3000-ish more revenue.  Using our effective tax rate, I would have expected to pay somewhere between $300 and $500 on that additional income.  At MOST it would have been $720, given the raw tax bracket rate it would have fallen in.

We. Paid. More.

Just like I knew we would last year.

Not a lot more.  Not much more than I expected when I ran the numbers last year. But more. The elimination of some deductions, and the changes to others, put us exactly where I expected: Standard deduction land.  Which was LESS than we were able to deduct last year.

The people I talk to, on the regular, many of them Republican voters, are all seeing a basically flat year in taxes or a very slight cut.  As in between $15 and $20 a week per household, TOPS. Thats for a suburban, middle class, town. 

And the numbers that are coming out now (and have been coming out) don't lie.  The VAST MAJORITY of the tax cut went to those making mid to high six figures (and up)....and corporations.  Lower wage earners got bupkiss, and middle income earners got a pittance (if that...average is right around $700 a year).  The numbers say about 65% of wage earners got a tax cut..and given their definition (anything over $10) of a cut, that's probably true.  But when a cut is so small you don't notice it....its not much of a cut, is it? It's not the "left" selling anything...it's what people are seeing (or not seeing) in their checks and refunds.

I'm glad you made out well. Looks like you cut your taxes by about $94 a week (on what revenue we don't know). Now, make sure to take that 4900 you saved and share it with your workers. That was the point, right? Trickle down?

Because that certainly ain't happening with the rich and the corporations who got the lions share.  They're filling up more war chests and doing stock buy backs to pump up their share prices.  Again, so says the numbers.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 02:45:42 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: