Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:57:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482606 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2760 on: May 15, 2019, 01:28:16 AM »

Conservatives: "Abortion is wrong. Practice safe sex! Be responsible!"

Liberal (and not so liberal) women: "OK, well, the only 100% effective method of contraception is abstinence, soooooo....?"

Conservatives: "That's right, you whores. Stop having unprotected sex! Stop sleeping around!"

Liberal (and not so liberal) women: "OK...well...then we're done having sex."

Conservatives: "WAIT A MINUTE!!! NO WAY!!! THAT'S CRAZY TALK!!!!"

The hypocrisy of the right continues to astound me.......

It goes right along with: No abortion....and no social assistance to provide schooling, health care, or financial support for children.

"You have to have those children......but once they're born, they're all yours.  We don't care if they grow up in squallor!!!!"
Have you also noticed that all the people terrified of Muslims because they fear they are wanting to bring sharia law to America which they misinterpret for islamic family law, while they're distracted by that the republican party is actually taking away women's rights left and right.

Isn't it funny how they suddenly care about women and gay rights when its a convenient tool for criticizing Muslims?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2761 on: May 15, 2019, 03:52:46 AM »

Liberal (and not so liberal) women: "OK, well, the only 100% effective method of contraception is abstinence, soooooo....?"

Conservatives: "That's right, you whores. Stop having unprotected sex! Stop sleeping around!"

It goes right along with: No abortion....and no social assistance to provide schooling, health care, or financial support for children.

"You have to have those children......but once they're born, they're all yours.  We don't care if they grow up in squallor!!!!"
Have you also noticed that all the people terrified of Muslims because they fear they are wanting to bring sharia law to America which they misinterpret for islamic family law, while they're distracted by that the republican party is actually taking away women's rights left and right.

Isn't it funny how they suddenly care about women and gay rights when its a convenient tool for criticizing Muslims?
Yep and they know nothing about Islam and I mean real Islam. Not Islamic states where Sharia law has been twisted into laws that oppresses women and minorites. If you actually delve into it you'll notice this is a relative new thing. Women were actually equal under what the original point of Sharia, not this perverse interpretation we have now in some Muslim countries. Also, Sharia law isn't even law, it is a guideline for how Muslims should lead a good life. Other religions have similar thing. Jewish have halakhah, Christians have mageterism. But people like my mom but into the fear, hate and xenophobia rampant in America right now and all the fake news on Facebook. Her Facebook is a treasure trove of fake misinformed bullshit. I've had to fact check her posts so much I just gave up. She believes everything. She thinks Obama is Muslim, that he installed a Muslim prayer curtain, no such thing exists, that he banned the pledge in schools. That under God was in the original version and that liberals say the flag offends Muslims.  While everyone is freaking out about that 3 awful laws actually taking away women's reproductive Rights in Ohio, Alabama and Ohio.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:54:52 AM by tim_m » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2762 on: May 15, 2019, 08:50:19 AM »

When did I insult anybody though?

a few weeks ago, Jarmo had to post in this thread that if anyone can't get their point across without "name calling" they should stop. he was referencing you. there is no one else in this thread that insults others.

I know you're young, but it's a bad look when adults are posting and you need to be reprimanded.

friendly advice, you have a lack of self awareness. it's one of the worst qualities a person can have. if you work on that, it will help you in all aspects of your life. many other things will fall nicely into place. trust me on this one. good luck with it.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2763 on: May 15, 2019, 10:06:03 AM »

Yep and they know nothing about Islam and I mean real Islam. Not Islamic states where Sharia law has been twisted into laws that oppresses women and minorites. If you actually delve into it you'll notice this is a relative new thing. Women were actually equal under what the original point of Sharia, not this perverse interpretation we have now in some Muslim countries. Also, Sharia law isn't even law, it is a guideline for how Muslims should lead a good life. Other religions have similar thing. Jewish have halakhah, Christians have mageterism. But people like my mom but into the fear, hate and xenophobia rampant in America right now and all the fake news on Facebook. Her Facebook is a treasure trove of fake misinformed bullshit. I've had to fact check her posts so much I just gave up. She believes everything. She thinks Obama is Muslim, that he installed a Muslim prayer curtain, no such thing exists, that he banned the pledge in schools. That under God was in the original version and that liberals say the flag offends Muslims.  While everyone is freaking out about that 3 awful laws actually taking away women's reproductive Rights in Ohio, Alabama and Ohio.

when you say "they" know nothing about islam, who is "they"?

I don't hear people claiming to fully understand Islam or Sharia Law. and as much as you think you know, there's plenty you do not understand either. laws and beliefs among Muslims and within Muslim nations vary widely. 

people on the left and the right have issues with various laws in Muslim nations. women were just given the right to drive in Saudi Arabia last year. insane!! I could go into how victims of rape get punished and other more violent examples, but I think you understand.

so call it what you want, but there is clearly some significant cultural differences regarding the treatment of women. so let's say a Muslim man marries a non-Muslim and he forces his wife to have non-consensual sex. a court in the US could rule that he did not have intent to sexually assault his wife based on his beliefs and the laws of his homeland. would you agree with that ruling, or would you consider that rape?     

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2764 on: May 15, 2019, 10:33:51 AM »

there is clearly some significant cultural differences regarding the treatment of women.

QFT!

Even between US states!

Unbelievable!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2765 on: May 15, 2019, 04:58:04 PM »

there is clearly some significant cultural differences regarding the treatment of women.

QFT!

Even between US states!

Unbelievable!

/jarmo

states have their own laws, so yes, there will be legal differences. but i would not categorize them as "cultural differences" as i was referring to.

many women are behind the push for these abortion laws. those women would argue they are protecting female fetuses that will be born and experience life. so yeah, treating females much differently. 

abortion is a complicated matter, and governments around the globe struggle with the legality of it. personally, i could never be involved in an abortion. under any circumstances. but i don't think it should be illegal. i do think there is a point in a pregnancy where the baby is too far developed and it should be illegal. at some point, it becomes a sick and barbaric process.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2766 on: May 15, 2019, 05:54:32 PM »

states have their own laws, so yes, there will be legal differences. but i would not categorize them as "cultural differences" as i was referring to.

Sometimes they are. For example one state might have a higher percentage of people who consider themselves actively Christian while another might have more people who aren't as active.

No matter how you try to differentiate state from the church, a lot of things happen, or don't, due to peoples' religious beliefs... You were talking about one religion, yet another one influences our lives as well.

While I don't know about Alabama, I would be surprised if the people there who are making these laws consider themselves 100% atheists....

I think people should be allowed to believe in what they want. Even that the Earth is flat (IMHO silly).... But when your religious beliefs start writing new laws, things start to get a little scary... Doesn't really matter where in the world it is.

Many right wing people seem to have this belief that the government should stay out of peoples' lives. And who comes up with these laws? Liberals?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2767 on: May 16, 2019, 02:07:23 AM »

when you say "they" know nothing about islam, who is "they"?

I don't hear people claiming to fully understand Islam or Sharia Law. and as much as you think you know, there's plenty you do not understand either. laws and beliefs among Muslims and within Muslim nations vary widely. 

people on the left and the right have issues with various laws in Muslim nations. women were just given the right to drive in Saudi Arabia last year. insane!! I could go into how victims of rape get punished and other more violent examples, but I think you understand.

so call it what you want, but there is clearly some significant cultural differences regarding the treatment of women. so let's say a Muslim man marries a non-Muslim and he forces his wife to have non-consensual sex. a court in the US could rule that he did not have intent to sexually assault his wife based on his beliefs and the laws of his homeland. would you agree with that ruling, or would you consider that rape?     
Oh you're absolutely right, there are many Islamic countries that currently treat women very poorly. There are others who don't. There's a distinction between Islamic law and Sharia law though. Islamic law is what Sharia law gets twisted into and interpreted in a very awful way. They needs to change, we need more countries with majority Muslim that actually treat women in the Muslim faith equally. This using of religion to oppress women isn't new or restricted to Islam. Look at what just happened in Ohio, Alabama and Georgia. Last I checked handmaid's tale is meant to be sci-fi.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2768 on: May 16, 2019, 02:13:38 AM »

Sometimes they are. For example one state might have a higher percentage of people who consider themselves actively Christian while another might have more people who aren't as active.

No matter how you try to differentiate state from the church, a lot of things happen, or don't, due to peoples' religious beliefs... You were talking about one religion, yet another one influences our lives as well.

While I don't know about Alabama, I would be surprised if the people there who are making these laws consider themselves 100% atheists....

I think people should be allowed to believe in what they want. Even that the Earth is flat (IMHO silly).... But when your religious beliefs start writing new laws, things start to get a little scary... Doesn't really matter where in the world it is.

Many right wing people seem to have this belief that the government should stay out of peoples' lives. And who comes up with these laws? Liberals?

/jarmo

The one in Ohio and Alabama are especially awful. In Ohio they're also trying to criminalize but control, which anyone with a smidgen of intelligence has many medical us uses other then preventing unwanted pregnancy. In Alabama they're making it where anyone who performs an abortion can go to jail for up to 99 years. Here in Texas they're trying to make it where the women can get the death penalty for having one. One it the 3 passed laws, I forget which also can get a woman jail time for miscarriage if she can't prove it wasn't intentional.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2769 on: May 16, 2019, 03:55:05 AM »

The point I was trying to make.... Sharia law was mentioned as something scary. Yet here we are in 2019 and you got states introducing laws based on religions beliefs.

Different religion though. Similar principle.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2770 on: May 16, 2019, 05:40:55 AM »

The point I was trying to make.... Sharia law was mentioned as something scary. Yet here we are in 2019 and you got states introducing laws based on religions beliefs.

Different religion though. Similar principle.

/jarmo

Yep exactly right Jarmo, it just isn't as terrible yet in America as it is in some Islamic countries. I fully understand there are Muslim countries that treat women awful, the ones that do are Islamic states, IE dictatorships who twist the original meanings of Sharia into perversion. Also, the punishments many anti-muslims also cite as why they are against Sharia law are actually called Hudud and are seldom actually used.

Is Sharia anti-women?

Most definitely not. The Quran recognizes the absolute equality of men and women as human beings and proclaims that they are each other’s partners in promoting the common good.

Sharia provides women with certain rights that were practically unheard of in the premodern world. It requires that both men and women have equal access to knowledge; it requires a woman’s consent before marriage; and it allows her the right to initiate divorce under certain conditions. Muslim jurists allowed abortion in the first trimester of pregnancy, especially if the mother’s health was in jeopardy.

Above all, Sharia allows a woman to inherit property from her male relatives and to keep this property for herself, even after marriage – her husband cannot lay any claim to it. In contrast, European Christian women were not allowed to hold on to their property after marriage until the 19th century. Muslim feminists campaigning for equal legal rights in Muslim majority societies today draw their arguments and strength from Sharia.

Honor killings and female genital mutilation, that are often described by the media as Islamic, are in fact non-Islamic tribal practices that have no basis in Sharia. Female genital mutilation is practiced by non-Muslims as well.

Traditionally, Muslim countries have belonged to one of four major schools of law that developed in the 10th century. These legal schools interpreted Sharia somewhat differently on various matters but they were understood to be equally orthodox and valid. Today, Islamic legal rulings are applied primarily in the area of personal and family law, which governs issues of marriage, divorce, and inheritance, among others.

Civil law in most Muslim majority countries is based upon modern Western legal systems, a legacy of the period of European colonization of much of the Islamic world starting in the 19th century. Thus, Egypt borrowed the French civil code, while Turkey adopted Swiss civil law and Indonesia Dutch. The notable exceptions are Saudi Arabia and Iran, which apply Islamic law in the civil and public sphere as well. In the Muslim-majority countries of Pakistan and Afghanistan, tribal law known as jirga law sometimes takes precedence over Islamic law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Islam
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 05:48:51 AM by tim_m » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2771 on: May 16, 2019, 07:06:33 AM »

Abortion should be looked at thru the eyes of science, not religion. My personal view is that once the baby can survive outside of the mother, the baby's rights should begin. It is no longer a woman's choice at that point.  I am not a fan of abortion as a means of birth control, but I also dont think it is the governments role to tell someone they cant get one within a few week of fertilization.

I think the Alabama law is way too radical and really just a means to get Roe VS Wade revisited on the supreme court with the legal challenges this new law will inevitably face.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2772 on: May 16, 2019, 08:18:23 AM »

Abortion should be looked at thru the eyes of science, not religion. My personal view is that once the baby can survive outside of the mother, the baby's rights should begin. It is no longer a woman's choice at that point.  I am not a fan of abortion as a means of birth control, but I also dont think it is the governments role to tell someone they cant get one within a few week of fertilization.

I think the Alabama law is way too radical and really just a means to get Roe VS Wade revisited on the supreme court with the legal challenges this new law will inevitably face.
They're all too radical. banning at 6 or 8 weeks is too soon. Most don't even find out until 6-8 weeks. Also, banning it even in instances of rape and incest is sickening. The bare minimum they can survive outside of the womb is 24 weeks. That's 6 months, no logical woman at that stage is gonna wake up one day and decide to abort.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 08:21:57 AM by tim_m » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2773 on: May 16, 2019, 09:22:32 AM »

They're all too radical. banning at 6 or 8 weeks is too soon. Most don't even find out until 6-8 weeks. Also, banning it even in instances of rape and incest is sickening. The bare minimum they can survive outside of the womb is 24 weeks. That's 6 months, no logical woman at that stage is gonna wake up one day and decide to abort.

Well, not every woman is logical.  Grin

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2774 on: May 16, 2019, 12:13:29 PM »

Well, not every woman is logical.  Grin

I'll grant you that!
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2775 on: May 17, 2019, 03:43:45 AM »

When did I insult anybody though?

a few weeks ago, Jarmo had to post in this thread that if anyone can't get their point across without "name calling" they should stop. he was referencing you. there is no one else in this thread that insults others.

I know you're young, but it's a bad look when adults are posting and you need to be reprimanded.

friendly advice, you have a lack of self awareness. it's one of the worst qualities a person can have. if you work on that, it will help you in all aspects of your life. many other things will fall nicely into place. trust me on this one. good luck with it.

Wow, you managed to castigate me for insulting you while insulting me in the same breath.  rofl rofl rofl

Sorry, I know you're a delicate snowflake who can't handle the real world outside his safe space. I'll keep the adult words away from you.

You have no clue how old I am. However, your assumption displays immaturity. I love how all your attempts at insults fall flat on their face and end up owning yourself in the process.

If we took a poll here on whether you have conducted yourself like an adult in here, the results would be devastating for you and you know it. You desperate attacks are utterly hollow and everyone knows it. Now run along, child.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2776 on: May 17, 2019, 06:18:00 AM »

President Donald Trump has declared a national emergency to protect US computer networks from "foreign adversaries".

He signed an executive order which effectively bars US companies from using foreign telecoms believed to pose national security risks.

The order does not name any company, but is believed to target Huawei.

The Chinese tech giant said restricting its business in the US would only hurt American consumers and companies.

Several countries, led by the US, have raised concerns in recent months that Huawei products could be used by China for surveillance, allegations the company has vehemently denied.

The US has been pressuring allies to shun Huawei in their next generation 5G mobile networks.

More: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48289550

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2777 on: May 17, 2019, 06:26:14 AM »

That is just ridiculous, just about everything is either made or manufactured in China.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2778 on: May 17, 2019, 07:29:47 AM »

That is just ridiculous, just about everything is either made or manufactured in China.

It is difficult to find a cheaper source of goods than from a country that has workers that will produce items when getting pad a fraction of what US workers get paid.  We have made ourselves pretty reliant on them unfortunately over the years.

Ultimately we need to work things out with them, both the US and China are dependent on each other economically. but that shouldn't mean we just sit back and let them do what they want. China is really not to be trusted , they have proven that. Stealing intellectual property shouldn't be the 'cost of business' when dealing with them. They arent a 3rd world country anymore.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:07:11 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2779 on: May 18, 2019, 11:05:03 PM »

Emily Ratajkowski is so woke...

“This week, 25 old white men voted to ban abortion in Alabama even in cases of incest and rape. These men in power are imposing their wills onto the bodies of women in order to uphold the patriarchy and perpetuate the industrial prison complex by presenting women of low income opportunity the right to chose not to reproduce. The states trying to ban abortions have the highest proportions of black women living there. This is about class and race and is a direct attack on the fundamental human rights women in the US deserve and are protected by under Roe v Wade. Our bodies, out choice.“

And left wing activists call trump supporters racist? I mean WTF!?!?

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: