Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:02:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 479762 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2960 on: June 13, 2019, 05:47:24 AM »

Trump would 'take' foreign information on rival in 2020 election

Donald Trump has said he would accept damaging information on his opponent during the 2020 election campaign, even if it came from a foreign government.

In an interview with broadcaster ABC News, the president denied this would count as meddling in an election.

"They have information - I think I'd take it," he said.

Asked if he thought his son should have called the FBI when he received one such email in 2016, he said: "Give me a break, life doesn't work that way."

However, the president later said he would "maybe" contact the FBI if he were offered information and he "thought there was something wrong".

What did President Trump say?

"You might want to listen, there's nothing wrong with listening," he told the US broadcaster.

"If somebody called from a country... [and said] 'we have information on your opponent' - I think I'd want to hear it."

Mr Trump dismissed concerns that this would amount to electoral interference by a foreign power.

He added: "It's not an interference, they have information, I think I'd take it. If I thought there was something wrong I'd go, maybe, to the FBI - if I thought there was something wrong.

"But when somebody comes up with oppo [opposition] research, right... if you go and talk honestly to congressmen, they all do it, they always have, and that's the way it is. It's called: oppo, research."

---

Full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48618273

/jarmo

Biggest buffoon in american history.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2961 on: June 13, 2019, 01:17:11 PM »

He defended himself later by saying he meets foreign governments all the time. He pointed out how he just recently met the Prince of Whales.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-48622001

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2962 on: June 13, 2019, 07:49:01 PM »

Sarah Sanders is leaving the administration at the end of June.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2963 on: June 13, 2019, 08:04:21 PM »

Good riddance to bad trash.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2964 on: June 13, 2019, 08:22:06 PM »

I'm not sure I'll believe it til she denies it. Wink

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2965 on: June 13, 2019, 09:20:43 PM »

I'm not sure I'll believe it til she denies it. Wink
LOL i see what you did there.  Grin
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2966 on: June 23, 2019, 10:30:31 AM »

So who else is happy that we didn't go to war with Iran the other day?

Time for Trump to fire Bolton. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2967 on: June 23, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »

So who else is happy that we didn't go to war with Iran the other day?

Time for Trump to fire Bolton. 

Would he be in this situation if he wasn't so obsessed with trying to be a better president than Obama was? In other words, trying to undo everything Obama did because he can do everything better (in his own mind)?

The same guy who just started his campaign for re-election but in reality he's been campaigning since he took office. He still goes on about Hillary Clinton, the person who got more votes than him, but who isn't even running in 2020.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2968 on: June 23, 2019, 01:42:06 PM »

The way Obama handled Iran in my opinion was horrible. Was a lot more to getting out of that deal than out of spite.  A better deal (hopefully) can be made and you can be sure there will be no more cash payments made to Iran.

Ill grant you that the Orlando speech had too much Hillary references in it and in general a retread.  Trump needs to move on from that and the 'Make America Great Again' slogan.  Needs to run on what he has accomplished so far while offering an updated agenda for the next term that resonates. I know its early, but if he has a campaign manager in place at this point that person really needs to up their game.

Yes, Hillary did receive more of the popular vote, but Trump received more electoral votes than Hillary and that is what matters as that is the way we have elected Presidents since 1788. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2969 on: June 23, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »

The way Obama handled Iran in my opinion was horrible. Was a lot more to getting out of that deal than out of spite.  A better deal (hopefully) can be made and you can be sure there will be no more cash payments made to Iran.

Deals can always be made better. But the way he handles things, it sure seems like it's mostly an ego thing for the author of the Art of the Deal!

Yes, Hillary did receive more of the popular vote, but Trump received more electoral votes than Hillary and that is what matters as that is the way we have elected Presidents since 1788. 

Yeah, it must still sting. Someone got more votes then him. Someone was more popular with the voters. Ironic that the guy who has all these conspiracy theories about the election actually wins because of the way the system is set up.  hihi

Meanwhile he's cocked & loaded. Not locked & loaded..... Cheesy

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:00:25 PM by jarmo » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2970 on: June 24, 2019, 12:12:05 AM »

Are we seriously still gonna go on about giving back Iran its money back as part of the nuclear deal.  Roll Eyes
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2971 on: June 24, 2019, 07:19:29 AM »

Ill grant you that the Orlando speech had too much Hillary references in it and in general a retread.  Trump needs to move on from that and the 'Make America Great Again' slogan.  Needs to run on what he has accomplished so far while offering an updated agenda for the next term that resonates. I know its early, but if he has a campaign manager in place at this point that person really needs to up their game.

There were no cash payments. Another Trump lie.

We released Iranian funds, that had been frozen, with the average interest earned during the time they were frozen tacked on. We tackled this subject months ago.

And, by the by, if you object to that provision of the deal, you must fucking HATE the way Trump deals with the Saudis on a regular basis.

But, back on topic:

What, specifically, did you object to when it comes to the Iran deal? Why was it horrible?

Why is no deal better than the deal we had?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 01:04:18 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2972 on: June 24, 2019, 03:21:37 PM »

Yes, as a way to appease the slave states by treating empty land as equal to human voters. I suppose the three-fifths compromise was also acceptable because "it was the way we did it since 1788"?

And instead of improving the existing deal, it's better to back out and provoke war? It seems pretty clear the Trump admin is not interested in making a better deal.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2973 on: June 24, 2019, 06:52:05 PM »

Trump has a history of backing out of deals that were made before his reign. A few examples:

Paris climate agreement
TPP  (Trans-Pacific Partnership)
UNESCO
UNHRC

Not forgetting NAFTA, which he then renamed.....

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2974 on: June 24, 2019, 09:37:56 PM »

Trump has a history of backing out of deals that were made before his reign. A few examples:

Paris climate agreement
TPP  (Trans-Pacific Partnership)
UNESCO
UNHRC

Not forgetting NAFTA, which he then renamed.....

/jarmo

He simple can't handle that he isn't even 1/10th the man Obama is.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2975 on: June 25, 2019, 12:20:31 AM »

There were no cash payments. Another Trump lie.

We released Iranian funds, that had been frozen, with the average interest earned during the time they were frozen tacked on. We tackled this subject months ago.

And, by the by, if you object to that provision of the deal, you must fucking HATE the way Trump deals with the Saudis on a regular basis.

But, back on topic:

What, specifically, did you object to when it comes to the Iran deal? Why was it horrible?

Why is no deal better than the deal we had?
You know they can't tell you because they can't come up with anything but the Republican talking points that are false.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2976 on: June 25, 2019, 07:05:51 AM »

You know they can't tell you because they can't come up with anything but the Republican talking points that are false.

Typically when I ask a Republican voter who says the "Iran deal was terrible" these questions I get silence and blank looks.  Because their response is, really, "Because Trump(and Fox News) says so". And they can't, obviously, just SAY that.

I've asked the good Senator these exact same questions, during an earlier discussion on the same topic, and got silence.

I don't expect any different this time. But maybe he'll surprise me.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:09:13 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2977 on: June 25, 2019, 07:11:12 AM »

"Chuck, if the Democrats would just give me everything I want...I'd stop torturing children! It's the Democrats fault these kids are being mistreated!!"

- paraphrased Trump

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2978 on: June 25, 2019, 04:10:07 PM »

Typically when I ask a Republican voter who says the "Iran deal was terrible" these questions I get silence and blank looks.  Because their response is, really, "Because Trump(and Fox News) says so". And they can't, obviously, just SAY that.

I've asked the good Senator these exact same questions, during an earlier discussion on the same topic, and got silence.

I don't expect any different this time. But maybe he'll surprise me.

Some reasons why it was terrible -

No constraints on developing ballistic missiles that they could inevitably use to launch any nuclear weapons that they could develop after 13 - 15 years into the deal. 

Issues with verification, inspectors would  have to wait up to 24 days for access to sites suspected of developing nukes.

Nothing in it regarding Iran funding terrorist organizations.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2979 on: June 25, 2019, 04:14:21 PM »

Yes, as a way to appease the slave states by treating empty land as equal to human voters. I suppose the three-fifths compromise was also acceptable because "it was the way we did it since 1788"?

And instead of improving the existing deal, it's better to back out and provoke war? It seems pretty clear the Trump admin is not interested in making a better deal.

The electoral college had nothing to do with slavery. Was about not having New York and Massachusetts always getting to pick who wins a presidential election.  And that logic still is good today. Should  the top 3 population centers of the US get to pick for everyone?

It is Iran who isn't interested in making a more fair deal at this point.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: