Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482492 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3040 on: July 05, 2019, 10:35:33 PM »

It shouldn't have happened then either but it's apples and oranges. Here wasn't separating families under a no tolerance policy, it happened when they had to scramble for a temporary housing solution for unaccompanied children. He wasn't ripping families apart and locking them all up.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3041 on: July 06, 2019, 12:52:21 AM »

Jobs report is a bit of a mixed bag, but much better than last month. 220k new jobs created vs the 165k predicted. But unemployment ticked up to 3.7%

Wage growth was 3.1%....below predictions. 2018 annual inflation rate was around 2.4%.

As has been the trend, April (216k down from 224k) and May (72k down from 75k) were both revised down. April has now dropped almost 50k jobs from the initial report (263k). These revisions are really starting to call into question initial report validity.

We will see if, as in previous big months, we see a big revision down for June, in a month or two.

We also have to take into account how many are summer jobs. There's always gonna be a spike in June with seasons jobs opening up.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3042 on: July 06, 2019, 07:57:34 AM »

It shouldn't have happened then either but it's apples and oranges. Here wasn't separating families under a no tolerance policy, it happened when they had to scramble for a temporary housing solution for unaccompanied children. He wasn't ripping families apart and locking them all up.

And the truth is....instead of the conservative lie...there was outrage. And press coverage. Just a sampling....

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/06/12/414023967/obama-immigrant-detention-policies-under-fire

https://time.com/2966469/obama-immigration-unaccompanied-minors/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-children-idUSKBN0E814T20140528

And the Obama administration moved to get kids out of those cages, and into better accommodations, much more quickly after the press reported on it (and Obama says that reporting actually made him aware).  Which led to them being not as vigilant about the foster/housing accomodations the kids were being put in. Some were quickly propoed up as money making scemes rather than fascilities providing great care. Which was then again reported on by the press. And led to further changes and better vetting of fascilities.

And, at the time, the conservatives all wailed about it, and criticized the Obama administration over it, lauding the press coverage as an important whistleblowing operation. Now, they staunchly defend it, and call the press reports fake news. Hypocrits AND liars on one issue! Wild, eh?

Dems and indies, however, largely expressed outrage in both cases....and you can see that in some of the artickes linked, above. Wink

Obamas administration was both quicker to respond (because they cared) and dealing with a completely different issue. They acknowledged their mistakes in the face of being overrun by unaccompanied minors. Thry made changes...and changes again.

Trump just doubles down, and ups the inhumane treatment, and tweets "if you dont like it, leave or dint come here".

Apples and oranges, just like you said. This issue has been debunked at least three times in this thread alone.

Nothing to do with the inhumane actions and concentration camps put in place by this administration. They are being inhumane specifically as a deterrent to immigration. And conservatives are lapping it up. Disgusting!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:25:59 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3043 on: July 06, 2019, 09:25:34 AM »

“While Putin’s trying to undo our elections, he’s actually undoing elections in, in Europe,” Biden told CNN.

“Look at what’s happening in Hungary … look at what’s happening! You think that would happen on my watch, on Barack’s watch? You can’t answer that, but I promise you it wouldn’t have. And it didn’t,” Biden said.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3044 on: July 06, 2019, 11:23:19 PM »

“While Putin’s trying to undo our elections, he’s actually undoing elections in, in Europe,” Biden told CNN.

“Look at what’s happening in Hungary … look at what’s happening! You think that would happen on my watch, on Barack’s watch? You can’t answer that, but I promise you it wouldn’t have. And it didn’t,” Biden said.

But it did happen and Congress should've assisted Obama when he came to them with the information. We still have done nothing to prevent it either, or more accurately, we haven't signed anything into jaw to protect our elections. The house has passed legislation to help secure our election. The Senate has not taken up the legislation.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3045 on: July 07, 2019, 12:35:00 AM »

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/451855-jeffrey-epstein-arrested-on-sex-trafficking-related-charges

So the man accused of raping a 13 year old in 1994 along with Trump has been arrested for sex trafficking. This legitimately could bring Trump and many more people down.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3046 on: July 07, 2019, 02:59:36 AM »

Since you are saying we are running concentration camps down there now it likely is now a real crisis and no longer  just a manufactured crisis? 

FYI- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_concentration_camps  ( this isn't what we are doing at the border)

Find it humorous you guys give me shit for Fox News ( which I almost never cite)  and you post an article from Splinter which has only one point of view.

Yes, a crisis created by Trump where there was none before.

You should look up the definition of that term before embarrassing yourself like this. If you actually did your history homework, you'd know that Dachau did not start out as an extermination camp, and yet was called a concentration camp from day one. It seems you did not comprehend a word of my post, and simply got triggered by the words I used. Let me give you a tip that will make life much easier for you; don't be so easily offended.  Wink

You're free to point out where Splinter is making a fallacious argument or question their sources. However, you did not because you cannot. So you just lob a meaningless insult and run away. Yawn...

Good to see you no longer consider it a fake crisis.

The current system we have  is getting overwhelmed. The whole immigration system needs to be reformed. But politics is hindering the improvements that must be made to deal with it.

Good to see you can't address the fact that Trump created it.

The system is overwhelmed because your boy gave coyotes the best ad campaign imaginable. The system is overwhelmed because your boy insisted we dedicate a shitload of our resources to creating concentration camps for no reason that funnel money to private interests.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3047 on: July 07, 2019, 03:03:34 AM »

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3048 on: July 07, 2019, 12:54:15 PM »

But it did happen and Congress should've assisted Obama when he came to them with the information. We still have done nothing to prevent it either, or more accurately, we haven't signed anything into jaw to protect our elections. The house has passed legislation to help secure our election. The Senate has not taken up the legislation.

When all the conservatives have is whataboutism (based on lies) on this topic....you know they've lost the argument.

Trump, and the Republicans, are in power now...and had control of all 3 branches of government for the better part of 2 years.  They. have. done. nothing.

Period. End of argument.

And the Trump supporters response is always "whataboutism", instead of acknowledging Trumps failure to lead on this topic....because it suits his (and their) interests.

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3049 on: July 07, 2019, 01:03:23 PM »

So is Biden lying?

sandman
Legend

« Reply #3050 on: July 07, 2019, 02:53:32 PM »

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/451855-jeffrey-epstein-arrested-on-sex-trafficking-related-charges

So the man accused of raping a 13 year old in 1994 along with Trump has been arrested for sex trafficking. This legitimately could bring Trump and many more people down.

Seriously, how many times can you predict something will “bring trump down?”

This is an incredible development that many of us have been following and hoping for for years! I hope this bastard finally pays a price.

And i hope everyone involved in the abuse of children or sexual assault/rape of any kind are identified and pay a severe price as well.

Mike Cernovich deserves a ton of credit for helping to bring epstein to justice. A great example of independent journalism providing major value.

Don’t use child sex trafficking for political purposes or to score points against the other side. Not a good look.

We got Epstein and now its time to move on to Congress and other powerful politicians. There may be child sex trafficking cults among the filthy rich in our government and hollywood. Everyone should be on the same page and hopefully all are exposed and brought to justice. 

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3051 on: July 07, 2019, 10:54:58 PM »

This is an incredible development that many of us have been following and hoping for for years! I hope this bastard finally pays a price.

And i hope everyone involved in the abuse of children or sexual assault/rape of any kind are identified and pay a severe price as well.

Mike Cernovich deserves a ton of credit for helping to bring epstein to justice. A great example of independent journalism providing major value.

Don’t use child sex trafficking for political purposes or to score points against the other side. Not a good look.

We got Epstein and now its time to move on to Congress and other powerful politicians. There may be child sex trafficking cults among the filthy rich in our government and hollywood. Everyone should be on the same page and hopefully all are exposed and brought to justice. 

Everyone involved should fry, Trump though has been specifically accused along with Epstein though involving a 13 year old girl. Who was taking him to civil court prior to the election, but dropped it due to death threats. That's why it's relevant to name Trump. As well as bill Clinton and Jim Acosta. All good friends with this pedophile. Hopefully he doesn't get off with a slap in the wrist again like in Florida. I don't know about you but i would really like to know if the president is a pedophile and if there are others within the government.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 11:01:24 PM by tim_m » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3052 on: July 07, 2019, 10:58:34 PM »

So is Biden lying?
Either lying or Obama didn't share the Intel with him regarding it
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3053 on: July 07, 2019, 11:15:58 PM »

Everyone involved should fry, Trump though has been specifically accused along with Epstein involving a 13 year old girl. Who was taking him to civil court prior to the election, but dropped it due to death threats. That's why it's relevant to name Trump, his residence inn new York and. Mar A Lago were also used for recruitment. As well as bill Clinton. All good friends with this pedophile. Hopefully he doesn't get off with a slap in the wrist again like in Florida. I don't know about you but i would really like to know if the president is a pedophile and if there are others within the government.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 11:23:37 PM by tim_m » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3054 on: July 08, 2019, 01:50:41 AM »

Mike Cernovich - "journalism"!

rofl rofl rofl

Quote from: sandman

Tell me about it...

Question: Does it creep you out when you see Biden molest little girls? Yes/No

Question: Will you support someone that has had several women accuse him of inappropriate touching? Yes/No

« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:52:39 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3055 on: July 08, 2019, 05:41:49 AM »

Nothing will bring him down. Not until he's gone from the White House. Then there's no need for his party to support him anymore and that's when the some of the truth will come out.

Right now though, he can get away with anything he wants. Because allegedly it's all good when "draining the swamp".

Getting awfully close to President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3056 on: July 08, 2019, 06:49:46 AM »

Everyone involved should fry, Trump though has been specifically accused along with Epstein though involving a 13 year old girl. Who was taking him to civil court prior to the election, but dropped it due to death threats. That's why it's relevant to name Trump. As well as bill Clinton and Jim Acosta. All good friends with this pedophile. Hopefully he doesn't get off with a slap in the wrist again like in Florida. I don't know about you but i would really like to know if the president is a pedophile and if there are others within the government.

It's also important to point out that the reason Epstein got off with a slap on the wrist is because Alex Acosta...who is now a Trump cabinet member (Secretary of Labor)...cut a deal.  One that was extremely (and unusually) lenient.  And when that came to light....nobody within the administration thought it would be appropriate to ask for his resignation.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:15:58 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3057 on: July 08, 2019, 07:08:47 AM »

Either lying or Obama didn't share the Intel with him regarding it

He could also be splitting hairs.

The interference in Hungary and Poland was a LOT more direct, and a LOT more obvious. It wasn't just an "influencer" campaign.  It was much more on the ground and out in the open. THAT hasn't happened in the US (yet?).

Either way, he's playing a little fast and loose with the truth.  And he should be held accountable for that, during the primaries.

Of course, if he wins the primaries, it's a loser issue for the conservatives in the general election.  Because he can still say that the Obama administration did more in the 9 months or so from the time they found out about it til the elections occurred, than Trump has done in the past 2.5 years (and, at that point, almost 4 years).  And by even bringing up the issue, it means that conservatives (and Trump) have to acknowledge that there was influence, it was effective, and Trumps election was influenced by that.  We all know that's a losing issue for them....despite this being the FoxNews/Breitbart/Propaganda issue of the moment (filling the heads, and "mouths", of the rah-rah dittoheads).

The difference between "whataboutism" and "current events" is a pretty notable one.

Edit: I find it kind of funny that all the conservative news sites, that split hairs (and let Trump split hairs) with impunity, on a myriad of topics (when they are not outright lying), now take issue with, and lambaste, Biden for doing the same thing.  But, you know, conservative news media are nothing if not hypocritical.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:15:22 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3058 on: July 08, 2019, 09:19:02 AM »

It's also important to point out that the reason Epstein got off with a slap on the wrist is because Alex Acosta...who is now a Trump cabinet member (Secretary of Labor)...cut a deal.  One that was extremely (and unusually) lenient.  And when that came to light....nobody within the administration thought it would be appropriate to ask for his resignation.

Yep, as you say birds of a feather flock together. I did come across an article that claims Trump banned Epstein from Mar A Lago after he assaulted a minor there but I'm not sure about the site. I've never heard of it.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3059 on: July 08, 2019, 11:32:28 AM »

Mike Cernovich - "journalism"!

rofl rofl rofl

Quote from: sandman

Tell me about it...

Question: Does it creep you out when you see Biden molest little girls? Yes/No

Question: Will you support someone that has had several women accuse him of inappropriate touching? Yes/No

Are you suggesting that joe biden is a child sex trafficker? Hadn’t heard that before. Any sources?

Call mike cernovich whatever you want, but if you can’t give kudos for journalistic efforts in bringing a sex trafficker to justice, you have issues.

Cernovich has been working on this for years and filed the lawsuit. Just imagine if people you consider journalists, who have vast resources, had followed up on matters like this. What else are “journalists” ignoring? Why are no “journalists” pursuing the congressional sexual harassment settlements?

I’m no fan of his. he’s an asshole and just kinda strange, but you gotta give credit where credit is due.

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: