Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:42:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482441 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3060 on: July 08, 2019, 03:34:06 PM »

A few interesting opinion pieces from forbes, and Chuck Jones:

Trump Is Falling Almost 1 Million Jobs Short Vs. Obama

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/07/05/trump-is-falling-almost-1-million-jobs-short-vs-obama/#604ea46f8caa

March Quarter’s GDP Report Confirms That Trump’s Economy Is Nothing Special

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/05/31/trumps-economy-is-really-running-below-2/#2d26a4363e80

Recessions Start When No One Sees Them Coming

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/05/26/recessions-start-when-no-one-sees-them-coming/#1e8098436b89

Reliable Recession Indicator Blinking Yellow

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/06/09/reliable-recession-indicator-blinking-yellow/#4a22705933c3

This Survey Should Terrify Trump

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/06/17/this-survey-should-terrify-trump/#27527959125f

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3061 on: July 08, 2019, 10:00:49 PM »

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/451855-jeffrey-epstein-arrested-on-sex-trafficking-related-charges

So the man accused of raping a 13 year old in 1994 along with Trump has been arrested for sex trafficking. This legitimately could bring Trump and many more people down.
Mike Cernovich deserves a ton of credit for helping to bring epstein to justice. A great example of independent journalism providing major value. 

Mike Cernovich - "journalism"!

rofl rofl rofl

Quote from: sandman
Don’t use child sex trafficking for political purposes or to score points against the other side. Not a good look.

Tell me about it...

Question: Does it creep you out when you see Biden molest little girls? Yes/No

Question: Will you support someone that has had several women accuse him of inappropriate touching? Yes/No

Are you suggesting that joe biden is a child sex trafficker? Hadn’t heard that before. Any sources?

Call mike cernovich whatever you want, but if you can’t give kudos for journalistic efforts in bringing a sex trafficker to justice, you have issues.

Cernovich has been working on this for years and filed the lawsuit. Just imagine if people you consider journalists, who have vast resources, had followed up on matters like this. What else are “journalists” ignoring? Why are no “journalists” pursuing the congressional sexual harassment settlements?

I’m no fan of his. he’s an asshole and just kinda strange, but you gotta give credit where credit is due.

As long as he and whoever involved go down for good this time, whether the be Trump, Clinton, members of the federal government etc.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3062 on: July 08, 2019, 10:49:48 PM »

Are you suggesting that joe biden is a child sex trafficker? Hadn’t heard that before. Any sources?

Call mike cernovich whatever you want, but if you can’t give kudos for journalistic efforts in bringing a sex trafficker to justice, you have issues.

Cernovich has been working on this for years and filed the lawsuit. Just imagine if people you consider journalists, who have vast resources, had followed up on matters like this. What else are “journalists” ignoring? Why are no “journalists” pursuing the congressional sexual harassment settlements?

I’m no fan of his. he’s an asshole and just kinda strange, but you gotta give credit where credit is due.

Don’t use child molestation for political purposes or to score points against the other side. Not a good look.

That doesn't make him a journalist, no matter how many wishes you make on a rainbow.  Kiss

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3063 on: July 09, 2019, 09:59:44 AM »

While you are stockpiling Chuck Jones articles, dont forget about this one from 1/19/17 - the day before Trump took office. I'd hold his opinion in higher regard if he was more objective. But what does my take on him matter?

Trump's Presidency Will Be More Miserable Than Obama's - https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2017/01/19/trumps-presidency-will-be-more-miserable-than-obamas/#57d392bd2bc0

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3064 on: July 09, 2019, 10:15:37 AM »

While you are stockpiling Chuck Jones articles, dont forget about this one from 1/19/17 - the day before Trump took office. I'd hold his opinion in higher regard if he was more objective. But what does my take on him matter?

Trump's Presidency Will Be More Miserable Than Obama's - https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2017/01/19/trumps-presidency-will-be-more-miserable-than-obamas/#57d392bd2bc0

Did you read the actual article and not just the headline?

He's literally talking about the Economists Misery Index, and how factors going into the Trump presidency were unfavorable to that index calculation for his presidency.  And he objectively explains why Trumps Misery index rating is likely going to be higher than Obamas.

He even goes on to explain why, in this case, it's not exactly a fair comparison because Obama's Unemployment rate started so high, and ended so low and that Obama, due to the Recession, had a remarkably low inflation rate...but Trump was inheriting a lower Unemployment rate and burgeoning inflation.

The article is actually about as non-partisan as they come.

But thanks for proving my initial point, and an additonal long standing one.

Edit: And he's not been wrong.  Trump has not improved his misery index vs Obama's improvements.  And if you look at the LAST 29 months of Obamas presidency (6.02) vs the 29 months of Trumps (6.25), Obamas MI was lower. It's close, but Trumps presidency has definitely been "more miserable" when looking at the Misery index.

https://inflationdata.com/articles/misery-index/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:37:30 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3065 on: July 09, 2019, 10:26:38 AM »

Did you read the actual article and not just the headline?

He's literally talking about the Economists Misery Index, and how factors going into the Trump presidency were unfavorable to that index calculation for his presidency.  And he objectively explains why Trumps Misery index rating is likely going to be higher than Obamas.

He even goes on to explain why, in this case, it's not exactly a fair comparison because Obama's Unemployment rate started so high, and ended so low and that Obama, due to the Recession, had a remarkably low inflation rate...but Trump was inheriting a lower Unemployment rate and burgeoning inflation.

The article is actually about as non-partisan as they come.

But thanks for proving my initial point, and an additonal long standing one.

I skimmed the key points. Here is something interesting he wrote-

"The challenge that President Trump will have is that at his inauguration the unemployment rate is at its lowest point of the past 16 years and inflation is on the upswing."

Unemployment has only dropped since then. So dont bet any money on this guys predictions!

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3066 on: July 09, 2019, 10:40:55 AM »

I skimmed the key points. Here is something interesting he wrote-

"The challenge that President Trump will have is that at his inauguration the unemployment rate is at its lowest point of the past 16 years and inflation is on the upswing."

Unemployment has only dropped since then. So dont bet any money on this guys predictions!

So, that's a "no" on the reading, huh. Gotcha.

The point you quote essentially explains WHY its not a great comparison metric for Trump. He's inherited a booming economy with low unemployment and rising inflation (aka a fully recovered economy).  How on EARTH can that make you think Jones is not objective and that he's partisan.  He is literally ARGUING BOTH SIDES?!

And he's not been wrong, so far.  Trump has not improved his misery index by as much as Obama improved his. Trump would need to drop his MI to 3.6% to match Obama's 40% drop from it's highest point.  There is NO WAY Trump is going to be able to do that (thus, Jones explanation of why it is a somewhat unfair metric).  And if you look at the LAST 29 months of Obamas presidency (6.02) vs the 29 months of Trumps (6.25), Obamas MI was lower. It's close, but Trumps presidency has definitely been "more miserable" when looking at the Misery index.

https://inflationdata.com/articles/misery-index/

So, now we've basically proven that Jones isn't partisan, and is pretty reputable, in his analysis.

Thanks for bolstering the credibility of those articles I posted! Much appreciated.

And we'll add the bolstering of ANOTHER long standing point that conservatives, the minute they see anything unflattering (aka NOT PRAISING IN FULL THROATED SCREAMS OF SYCOPHANTIC ADULATION) about Trump immediately label it (without reading it) as #FakeNews and #partisan.

#Winning
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:11:39 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3067 on: July 09, 2019, 10:58:05 AM »

Not partisan? Before you take another victory lap, take a look at Chuck's twitter page. From what I can see It is primarily a collection of anti Trump retweets along with his own stuff.. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3068 on: July 09, 2019, 11:01:50 AM »

Not Trump related, but:

RIP Ross Perot.

You were so close to the presidency in '92...one bout of paranoia (and some unfortunate gaffes) away.  

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3069 on: July 09, 2019, 11:10:49 AM »

Not partisan? Before you take another victory lap, take a look at Chuck's twitter page. From what I can see It is primarily a collection of anti Trump retweets along with his own stuff.. 

When I look at Trumps Twitter page, I see nothing but a dumpster fire of lies and propaganda.

I thought we were supposed to ignore that, and see through to what he DOES?

Again, the ARTICLES don't appear at all partisan....as we just went over.  And, in fact, look pretty objective.  That was your point, initially (based entirely on a headline), and we've debunked it. 

If you'd like to start a NEW conversation about how Jones feels PERSONALLY about Trump, have at it.  But your attempt to hijack the initial conversation to that point isn't going to happen.

His twitter feed is irrelevant to his journalistic endeavors.  And, full disclosure, I'm not a Chuck Jones follower on ANY social media platform, so...I have zero idea what his content is there.

But, as an aside, I took a look as you suggested because I like to read stuff and understand the underlying issue better.  I see him retweeting a lot of articles that are on current events and aren't his words (you know, like Trump retweets anti-semitism and videos of people encouraging the mistreatment of muslims...and conservatives say that's not really an endorsement?).  The fact that a lot of them are unfavorable to Trump?  Largely the fault of Trump.  But I know that bit of truth really pisses conservatives off, so......YMMV.

Edit: And in the last 24 hours? It's mostly Epstein and calls for Acosta to resign?  I'm not sure how that's Anti-Trump, unless you know something most of us don't.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:41:00 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3070 on: July 09, 2019, 12:27:19 PM »

BET founder Robert Johnson praises Trump, says Democratic Party 'moved too far to the left'

Black Entertainment Television founder and longtime Democrat Robert Johnson said in an interview that aired Tuesday that the Democratic Party has become too liberal to defeat President Trump in 2020, unless major changes are made.

“The party in my opinion, for me personally, has moved too far to the left,” Johnson told CNBC’s Hadley Gamble.

Johnson – the country’s first African-American billionaire, according to Forbes – went on to say that because the party has become so liberal, he isn’t supporting a particular 2020 candidate at this time.

“I think at the end of the day, if a Democrat is going to beat Trump, then that person, he or she, will have to move to the center and you can’t wait too long to do that,” Johnson said. “The message of some of the programs that Democrats are pushing are not resonating with the majority of the American people.”

Johnson said the current far-left state of the Democratic Party will work well in the primaries but won’t help in a general election, especially since he feels Trump has his base locked up. The BET founder, who supported Hillary Clinton in 2016, even praised some of Trump’s recent accomplishments.

Robert Johnson, who calls himself a longtime Democrat, has supported Hillary Clinton in the past.

“I think the economy is doing great, and it’s particularly reaching populations that heretofore had very bad problems in terms of jobs and employments and the opportunities that come with employment,” Johnson said. “African-American unemployment is at its lowest level…  I give the president a lot of credit for moving the economy in a positive direction that’s benefiting a large amount of Americans.”

Johnson also told CNBC that he thinks tax cuts clearly helped stimulate the economy, whereas partisan politics have gone too far.

“I think business people have more confidence in the way the economy is going,” Johnson said. “If business people are concerned about anything, it’s the clear, clear partisan politics that’s become very wicked and very mean.”

Johnson said he gives Trump an “A+” for the economy but added that divisive politics are “not helping America as a global nation.”

The 73-year-old entrepreneur founded BET in 1980 with a $150,000 loan and sold it for $3 billion in 2001, according to Forbes.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/bet-founder-robert-johnson-says-democratic-party-moved-too-far-to-the-left

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3071 on: July 09, 2019, 02:05:46 PM »

Don’t use child molestation for political purposes or to score points against the other side. Not a good look.

That doesn't make him a journalist, no matter how many wishes you make on a rainbow.  Kiss

you're not making much sense. but I think we agree, that when it comes to people potentially being involved in child sex trafficking, the focus should be on ensuring everyone involved is brought to justice.

I also believe some things should not be politicized. but when there are actual facts available, U.S. citizens have a responsibility to consider all of the facts. 

As for Cernovich, not sure why so many liberals are obsessed with him. you insinuate that I want to call him a journalist, right after I called him an asshole. call him whatever you want to call him. i don't even know that he refers to himself as a journalist, nor do i care.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3072 on: July 11, 2019, 09:14:15 PM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/11/stock-market-fed-chief-signals-a-rate-cut.html

Dow rallies 200 points to close above 27,000 for the first time ever

beer

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3073 on: July 12, 2019, 06:53:54 AM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/11/stock-market-fed-chief-signals-a-rate-cut.html

Dow rallies 200 points to close above 27,000 for the first time ever

beer

Yup, my 401k is pretty happy.

It's just too bad the market isn't the same thing as the economy.  Most people, beyond their 401k, aren't investors.  And the biggest beneficiaries of the market jumps are still, largely, sitting on their war chests......

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3074 on: July 12, 2019, 07:44:43 AM »

My IRA's are very happy.  Grin

Which makes me happy. Hopefully Ill actually get to retire at some point in a few decades.....

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3075 on: July 12, 2019, 09:12:18 AM »

My IRA's are very happy.  Grin

Which makes me happy. Hopefully Ill actually get to retire at some point in a few decades.....

We have a Roth IRA for my wife.

The way I'm setup at work (we have a fully funded pension and a 403b (aka a 401k for nonprofit orgs)) it just makes more sense for me to contribute more to that. They match dollar for dollar on the first 8% of my income, and .50 on the dollar for the next 7%. Or at least they do for me...I've been there 20 years and that was the deal we were locked into back then...it's not as good for new hires. I basically make 100% out of the shoot on my contributions via matching.  I'm pretty much always playing with house money, that way.

Her IRA doesn't seem to do nearly as well as my 403b, but since she was a stay at home mom for about 13 years....it was our best option for her. We throw about 3600 at it a year and have for....18 years now? Something like that.

The plan is for me to be "out" in 10  years, take an early retirement buy out at 55, move to your neck of the woods, and I'll do some consulting or pick up something part time to cover the 40% drop in income til I hit 65. Given the lower cost of living in Fla vs CT (energy costs fucking kill us), the fact we'd have a comparitively VERY small (if any, based on our 25 years of equity in our current house at that point) mortgage down there, I'll really only need to make about 25kish a year at that point to cover the "real world" difference.

The question is, will my place of work let me go in 10 years, or throw more money at me (like they are now to take on a "Management" position).

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3076 on: July 12, 2019, 09:45:43 AM »

Acosta resigning as Labor Sec.

About fucking time.  The fact he was appointed in the first place was stupid, and the fact he wasn't fired before this is deplorable.

While it may be late in the game, I'm hoping this "resignation" is Trump telling him to resign, to save some shred of dignity, or get fired.

I still think the firing would be the better message, but......

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 09:48:50 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3077 on: July 13, 2019, 12:56:22 AM »

BET founder Robert Johnson praises Trump, says Democratic Party 'moved too far to the left'

Black Entertainment Television founder and longtime Democrat Robert Johnson said in an interview that aired Tuesday that the Democratic Party has become too liberal to defeat President Trump in 2020, unless major changes are made.

“The party in my opinion, for me personally, has moved too far to the left,” Johnson told CNBC’s Hadley Gamble.

I love how shamelessly you guys use your "black friend" as a prop whenever convenient.

you're not making much sense. but I think we agree, that when it comes to people potentially being involved in child sex trafficking, the focus should be on ensuring everyone involved is brought to justice.

I also believe some things should not be politicized. but when there are actual facts available, U.S. citizens have a responsibility to consider all of the facts. 

As for Cernovich, not sure why so many liberals are obsessed with him. you insinuate that I want to call him a journalist, right after I called him an asshole. call him whatever you want to call him. i don't even know that he refers to himself as a journalist, nor do i care.

You did call him a journalist, twice:

Call mike cernovich whatever you want, but if you can’t give kudos for journalistic efforts

Mike Cernovich deserves a ton of credit for helping to bring epstein to justice. A great example of independent journalism

But hey, call him whatever you want to call him. As long as I can call you a liar now. hihi

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3078 on: July 13, 2019, 05:24:01 AM »

Is this part of the "draining the swamp" routine when members of his own crew have to resign?

You'd think if you promise to clean up DC, you wouldn't hire more problematic people there that then have to resign over scandals....

Ironic like complaining about fake news and dishonest media while not being able to stick to the truth yourself..... Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3079 on: July 15, 2019, 12:34:18 AM »

Anyone want to dare defend Trump's Xenophobic tweets today?
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: