Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:36:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482701 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3100 on: July 17, 2019, 12:50:19 AM »

god damn! I leave for a week and it's a giant liberal circle jerk in this thread. I hope you all cover your keyboards when reading each others posts.

according to the "majority" in here (it's actually funny how the BS antics in this thread has decreased the number of posters to 6 - there were FAR more discussions and exchange of ideas during Obama's term.), if the Dems could just have all the power and we could follow all of the liberal ways of the world, the US would be the greatest country on earth. it's just those damn republicans and their right of center ideals that hold this country back. it's the republicans that are to blame for everything that is wrong with our country, our system of government, and how the country is run.

it's black and white. good vs evil. just to be clear:
republicans - liars, stupid, hypocrites, evil.
democrats - honest, smart, sincere, good.
orange man bad.

the media and our politicians on BOTH sides got you all hook line and sinker. right where they want you. SAD!

According to the "majority" in here, if the Repubs could just have all the power and we could follow all of the conservative ways of the world, the US would be the greatest country on earth. it's just those damn democrats and their left of center ideals that hold this country back. it's the democrats that are to blame for everything that is wrong with our country, our system of government, and how the country is run.

democrats - liars, stupid, hypocrites, evil.
republicans - honest, smart, sincere, good.
brown women bad.

the media and our politicians on BOTH sides got you all hook line and sinker. right where they want you. SAD!

(now i'm going to a message board that is pro-republican and i'm gonna tell them the exact same thing. what's amazing is that you all sound so much alike!!)

Sure you are, cupcake.  Roll Eyes

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3101 on: July 17, 2019, 07:38:56 AM »

god damn! I leave for a week and it's a giant liberal circle jerk in this thread. I hope you all cover your keyboards when reading each others posts.

according to the "majority" in here (it's actually funny how the BS antics in this thread has decreased the number of posters to 6 - there were FAR more discussions and exchange of ideas during Obama's term.), if the Dems could just have all the power and we could follow all of the liberal ways of the world, the US would be the greatest country on earth. it's just those damn republicans and their right of center ideals that hold this country back. it's the republicans that are to blame for everything that is wrong with our country, our system of government, and how the country is run.

republicans - liars, stupid, hypocrites, evil.
democrats - honest, smart, sincere, good.
orange man bad.

According to the "majority" in here, if the Repubs could just have all the power and we could follow all of the conservative ways of the world, the US would be the greatest country on earth. it's just those damn democrats and their left of center ideals that hold this country back. it's the democrats that are to blame for everything that is wrong with our country, our system of government, and how the country is run.

democrats - liars, stupid, hypocrites, evil.
republicans - honest, smart, sincere, good.
brown women bad.

(now i'm going to a message board that is pro-republican and i'm gonna tell them the exact same thing. what's amazing is that you all sound so much alike!!)

Sure you are, cupcake.  Roll Eyes

your post is not even remotely true. of the 6 regular posters in here, there are 3 that typically align liberal, 2 typically align conservative, and 1 bat-shit crazy liberal.

I know math is hard for you, but the "majority" in this thread is liberal. (maybe mommy can show you how to use the calculator on your phone.)

also, as someone that leans more conservative, I can tell you that I hate most republican politicians. I've stated that clearly in here. they are not honest or sincere. I see no difference between politicians on both sides. a handful of good ones, mostly frauds. 

I am a Trump supporter, but I have criticized him in this thread a few times. as has the Senator, the other conservative poster in this thread. 

so I could act like a child and call you a liar since your post is complete bullshit; however, I know that what we post in here is not always meant to be held up to a standard of say, being printed in the New York Times a reputable newspaper, so I am not going to make that accusation. In a thread with 6 regulars and a small handful of others that may occasionally visit, I don't take what's posted in here too seriously. and I know your response was not 100% serious.

I also am not desperate to attack the character of those I disagree with, nor am I desperate to make them appear as liars, or make them appear stupid, or make them appear as racists (which would be easy considering how little liberals think of POC and how their policies are designed to hold them back and make them dependent on government).

now go put your black mask on and get back to making milkshakes.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:10:59 AM by sandman » Logged

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3102 on: July 17, 2019, 10:31:39 AM »

I do miss when there were more posters here and it was more of a discussion than a game of who can win the argument.   

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3103 on: July 17, 2019, 01:18:38 PM »

I do miss when there were more posters here and it was more of a discussion than a game of who can win the argument.   

a few months ago I went back and skimmed through the Obama thread. totally different environment. there were some really good discussions. even in this thread in 2016 leading up to Trump's victory. definitely miss that.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3104 on: July 17, 2019, 02:25:23 PM »

On a slightly different topic from the events of the weekend, i found a few things out about Trump i didn't know and makes him worse. Back in 1990 he actually tried to get his ailing father who had dementia to try and sign a rewritten will to make Trump the executor. This was in the time period where he was in financial ruin and wanted his dad to do this to bail him out. Then a year prior to his father's death in 1999, he took out a 10.2 million loan they didn't know about until after. He also revoked the insurance of his nephew's son who has cerebral palsey out of spite because they challenged the will. They settled out of court but this speaks volumes.

The guy has been a scumbucket since forever.  Everything you mentioned? Yeah, widely known in the northeast at least.  And pretty widely publicized.

Repubs just don't care.  They throw their support toward a lying, unintelligent, racist, regardless.  Again, none of that is in question anymore.

He lies. Frequently and with great aplomb.
He has no knowledge of government or history (Paul Ryan, airports during the revolutionary war).
He tweets racist things. He clings to racist dog whistles.  He welcome white nationalist support with open arms (very fine people on both sides...and he doesn't know who David Duke is so won't renounce him?).  He is now tied to history, based on yesterdays vote, as a racist.

And yet......he wears a red tie, so he must be the lord and savior of our country!!  RAH RAH....YAY TEAM!

The hunger for power and relevance has overwhelmed sense and sensibility. Its that simple.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:32:04 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3105 on: July 17, 2019, 02:49:40 PM »

Let's keep the personal insults out.  ok

Don't forget, Trump was spreading the silly conspiracy theory about Obama. Then he got elected, because some of those same people who believe in it, voted for him.... And now they got a first lady who wasn't born in the USA....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3106 on: July 17, 2019, 03:22:30 PM »

a few months ago I went back and skimmed through the Obama thread. totally different environment. there were some really good discussions. even in this thread in 2016 leading up to Trump's victory. definitely miss that.

Yeah, the discussions were definitely better here leading up to the election.  We weren't all slamming each other for a difference in opinion.  And emotions weren't facts.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3107 on: July 17, 2019, 04:30:51 PM »

And emotions weren't facts.

Well have you noticed what passes for facts nowadays? "I've been told" is now a fact.  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3108 on: July 17, 2019, 09:24:38 PM »

Trumps comments tonight at his rally were, again, racist and deplorable. 

His supporters response was further proof that Republican voters have embraced that racism.

Pathetic, wrong, and anti-american.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3109 on: July 17, 2019, 09:29:33 PM »

On a slightly different topic from the events of the weekend, i found a few things out about Trump i didn't know and makes him worse. Back in 1990 he actually tried to get his ailing father who had dementia to try and sign a rewritten will to make Trump the executor. This was in the time period where he was in financial ruin and wanted his dad to do this to bail him out. Then a year prior to his father's death in 1999, he took out a 10.2 million loan they didn't know about until after. He also revoked the insurance of his nephew's son who has cerebral palsey out of spite because they challenged the will. They settled out of court but this speaks volumes.

The guy has been a scumbucket since forever.  Everything you mentioned? Yeah, widely known in the northeast at least.  And pretty widely publicized.

Repubs just don't care.  They throw their support toward a lying, unintelligent, racist, regardless.  Again, none of that is in question anymore.

He lies. Frequently and with great aplomb.
He has no knowledge of government or history (Paul Ryan, airports during the revolutionary war).
He tweets racist things. He clings to racist dog whistles.  He welcome white nationalist support with open arms (very fine people on both sides...and he doesn't know who David Duke is so won't renounce him?).  He is now tied to history, based on yesterdays vote, as a racist.

And yet......he wears a red tie, so he must be the lord and savior of our country!!  RAH RAH....YAY TEAM!

The hunger for power and relevance has overwhelmed sense and sensibility. Its that simple.

I don't remember it even coming up during the campaign. You would think something this despicable would.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3110 on: July 17, 2019, 09:30:37 PM »

Well have you noticed what passes for facts nowadays? "I've been told" is now a fact.  rofl

/jarmo

Yay for alternative facts!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3111 on: July 17, 2019, 09:57:13 PM »

/jarmo

And that's the problem.  The conservatives believe they are not only entitled to their own opinions, they are entitled to their own "facts".  No matter how much data there is to contradict them, no matter how much information there is that show those "facts" to be untrue.  And when presented with that data, their response is stick their fingers in their proverbial ears, close their proverbial eyes, and ignore it.  And say things like "emotions aren't facts" over and over.  Witness the discussion just a few pages ago about the census question.  That's been par for the course for awhile now.

The conservatives don't want conversation or discussion.  They want capitulation or an echo chamber.  And anything less than that offends their delicate sensibilities.

"Down with political correctness! We should be able to say what we want! But...WOAH....no way should anyone be able to disagree with me and call me on my bullshit!!"

The discussion was better before because the liberals and indie(s) were willing to acknowledge Obama's faults. I spent many posts saying that Obama taking on health care as early as he did was a mistake.  And that taking on health care without taking on torte reform and drug prices was a recipe for disaster.  Other liberals chimed in with disagreements on Obama's drone program.  Pretty much all the "not conservatives" acknowledged that Fast and Furious was a horrible decision.

I have not seen a conservative poster in this thread who has taken substantive issue with any of Trumps policies or actions since his election. And saying "he sometimes says stupid things" once (or twice) doesn't exactly count. All you see is defense and full throated support, combined by recitation of conservative news media talking points. You see Rah Rah ditto head, completely blind, sycophancy.

Discussion is hard when the default position is always "My guy is always right, no matter what, and is the savior of the universe and responsible for everything good in the world.  He is incapable of being wrong or doing wrong and I will defend him even in the face of ample data showing he is wrong."

When Trump does stupid shit, that's pretty much indefensible, they go silent.  Witness these recent racist comments. Notice any of the conservative posters giving their thoughts on that subject? Or condemning Trump? Or saying those comments might give them pause over who they'll vote for in 2020?

No, you don't.

As I've said before: Silence is tacit approval.  Their silence speaks volumes.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 10:37:21 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3112 on: July 17, 2019, 10:00:00 PM »

[I don't remember it even coming up during the campaign. You would think something this despicable would.

Articles like this all over the place from around Jan '16 through the election:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/donald-trumps-cruel-streak/501554/

and all the way back to 2000 in the North East:

https://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/trumps-bitter-battle-nephew-ailing-baby-caught-middle-article-1.888562

Republicans didn't (and don't) care.

Together again,
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3113 on: July 17, 2019, 11:07:57 PM »

1 bat-shit crazy liberal.

I know math is hard for you, but the "majority" in this thread is liberal.

You keep putting quotes around the word majority. It seems that you are the one suggesting your math is incorrect. I'm not surprised you didn't get what I was doing there...

(maybe mommy can show you how to use the calculator on your phone.)

also, as someone that leans more conservative, I can tell you that I hate most republican politicians. I've stated that clearly in here. they are not honest or sincere. I see no difference between politicians on both sides. a handful of good ones, mostly frauds. 

I am a Trump supporter, but I have criticized him in this thread a few times. as has the Senator, the other conservative poster in this thread. 

so I could act like a child and call you a liar since your post is complete bullshit; however, I know that what we post in here is not always meant to be held up to a standard of say, being printed in the New York Times a reputable newspaper, so I am not going to make that accusation. In a thread with 6 regulars and a small handful of others that may occasionally visit, I don't take what's posted in here too seriously. and I know your response was not 100% serious.

So you admit that you were a lair by suggesting the rest of us are blindly uncritical of the left. That you don't see the hypocrisy in defending yourself against your own baseless slandering of others on here is delicious.  rofl

Even when I literally use your own words, you still can't see the forest for the trees. It's amazing, really.

I also am not desperate to attack the character of those I disagree with, nor am I desperate to make them appear as liars, or make them appear stupid, or make them appear as racists (which would be easy considering how little liberals think of POC and how their policies are designed to hold them back and make them dependent on government).

Really? Because you've repeatedly attacked the character of all the people on her whom you perceive to be "liberals". You are responding to my comment turning your own character attacks back on you. Earth to Sandman!

You called Joe Biden a pedophile. Who do you think you are fooling with this civility routine?

Let me highlight the hypocrisy you manage to achieve in the same sentence:

You really could not be any more naked in your hypocrisy.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3114 on: July 17, 2019, 11:10:36 PM »

Gee, it's almost like Obama engendered civility by actually being civil and was not the most divisive president in history, telling those who disagree with him to leave the country...

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3115 on: July 17, 2019, 11:12:17 PM »

"People are saying..."

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3116 on: July 18, 2019, 12:05:36 AM »

[I don't remember it even coming up during the campaign. You would think something this despicable would.

Articles like this all over the place from around Jan '16 through the election:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/donald-trumps-cruel-streak/501554/

and all the way back to 2000 in the North East:

https://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/trumps-bitter-battle-nephew-ailing-baby-caught-middle-article-1.888562

Republicans didn't (and don't) care.

Still can't believe i missed this
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3117 on: July 18, 2019, 12:10:22 AM »

So two Republican senators, Paul and Lee effectively delayed passage of the 9/11 victims fund, which will ultimately pass but because their actions now have to go through additional steps. Their basis for this? How to pay for it. Did they care about how to pay for the tax cuts for the rich when they voted yes? Of course not! It was helping their rich buddies and corporate donors. The GOP always claims to care so deeply about our first responders and military but when they need the help, it's fuck you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3118 on: July 18, 2019, 12:12:04 AM »

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/07/17/politics/rush-limbaugh-debt-trump/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_content=2019-07-18T03%3A00%3A25&utm_medium=social&r=android-app%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com

When this guy is saying the Republican party has lost itself you know it's bad.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3119 on: July 18, 2019, 06:24:32 AM »

This is exactly my point.  They don't care about fiscal conservatism anymore.  The Republican administrations have actually spent more than the Democrat administrations in recent memory.  And have increased the deficit by more. 

Repubs pay lip service to it. But it's all a lie.

The cake isn't real.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: