Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482583 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3120 on: July 18, 2019, 06:43:10 AM »

So two Republican senators, Paul and Lee effectively delayed passage of the 9/11 victims fund, which will ultimately pass but because their actions now have to go through additional steps. Their basis for this? How to pay for it. Did they care about how to pay for the tax cuts for the rich when they voted yes? Of course not! It was helping their rich buddies and corporate donors. The GOP always claims to care so deeply about our first responders and military but when they need the help, it's fuck you.

Remember how, a few posts ago, I said one of my core political beliefs is you have to find a way to pay for it?

This is one of the exceptions.  This is one of those things you authorize first, and figure out later.  We owe it those first responders to take care of them.

And it's not about finding a way to pay for it for Paul and Lee.  They will say it is. It's political gamesmanship by Paul to try to cut funding from more liberal minded programs by holding the funding hostage.  Its just fucking nuts.  This is one of the things you don't play political games with...unless  you're downright icky, that is.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3121 on: July 18, 2019, 07:11:12 AM »

So two Republican senators, Paul and Lee effectively delayed passage of the 9/11 victims fund, which will ultimately pass but because their actions now have to go through additional steps. Their basis for this? How to pay for it. Did they care about how to pay for the tax cuts for the rich when they voted yes? Of course not! It was helping their rich buddies and corporate donors. The GOP always claims to care so deeply about our first responders and military but when they need the help, it's fuck you.

Remember how, a few posts ago, I said one of my core political beliefs is you have to find a way to pay for it?

This is one of the exceptions.  This is one of those things you authorize first, and figure out later.  We owe it those first responders to take care of them.

And it's not about finding a way to pay for it for Paul and Lee.  They will say it is. It's political gamesmanship by Paul to try to cut funding from more liberal minded programs by holding the funding hostage.  Its just fucking nuts.  This is one of the things you don't play political games with...unless  you're downright icky, that is.
Yep, he can crow all he wants about this being finding a way to pay for it and allow debate and amendments but its just a delay tactic. We know this will ultimately pass regardless but shitty move. All this from the party that claims to love our first responders and Military so much.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 07:14:12 AM by tim_m » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3122 on: July 18, 2019, 08:08:50 AM »

I do miss when there were more posters here and it was more of a discussion than a game of who can win the argument.   

a few months ago I went back and skimmed through the Obama thread. totally different environment. there were some really good discussions. even in this thread in 2016 leading up to Trump's victory. definitely miss that.

Gee, it's almost like Obama engendered civility by actually being civil and was not the most divisive president in history, telling those who disagree with him to leave the country...

my insults are more tongue in cheek. and are only directed at people like yourself, who have insulted me numerous times. in numerous ways.

Jarmo has had to warn you repeatedly, the way a child needs to be reminded. SAD! 

you are so desperate to label me a liar. you try so hard. you take my posts literally. you look pathetic. you do it repeatedly. that's what is meant by desperation.   

I don't remember you being involved in Obama discussions, so i'm not sure your opinion is of any value as to why the discussions were better and the thread was more interesting. but I can tell you I don't remember anyone having to be told by Jarmo to stop it with the insults.

so the primary difference is you and the insults. there are others that insulted me and other Trump supporters two years ago, which destroyed any possibility of insightful sharing of ideas. so I think because of people like you who are clearly unhinged and are suffering from TDS, this thread is boring. me and many other "conservatives" did not lose our minds when Obama was president.

you also said I attack the character of "all the people on her(e) I perceive to be liberals." this is not true. Jarmo and Tim have very different views than me and the Senator. And I think all 4 of us have very strong beliefs. Yet we are all able to have adult discussions in here, with no insults, and no one constantly trying to make the others look bad.

I know how you and some of your liberal compadres in the dark online world view political discussions. but that shit don't fly here, my friend.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3123 on: July 18, 2019, 10:15:39 AM »

"Lock her up!" - Hillary isn't in jail

"Build that wall!" - There's no finished wall as promised.

Same crowd, different chant.

What's the next one?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3124 on: July 18, 2019, 10:58:07 AM »

What's the next one?

/jarmo

"Send her back" went up last night.  Totally racist and inappropriate.

Given the progression, I'm waiting for "Hang them all".... (note: Thats hyperbole, but I'm not sure how much).

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3125 on: July 18, 2019, 11:14:18 AM »

Gee, it's almost like Obama engendered civility by actually being civil and was not the most divisive president in history, telling those who disagree with him to leave the country...

The first 40+ pages of this thread were likewise civil.  5 months or so in to Trumps presidency actually.

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3126 on: July 18, 2019, 11:42:26 AM »

What's the next one?

/jarmo

"Send her back" went up last night.  Totally racist and inappropriate.

Given the progression, I'm waiting for "Hang them all".... (note: Thats hyperbole, but I'm not sure how much).

Yeah, that was my point.

He didn't manage to do what he promised his voters so he needs a new chant....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3127 on: July 18, 2019, 12:00:23 PM »

More Trump ickyness:

https://news.yahoo.com/court-records-show-trump-calls-154130746.html

https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2019/7/18/20699438/trump-affair-stories-election-2016
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 12:03:39 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3128 on: July 18, 2019, 11:46:59 PM »

In true Trump fashion, he now says he wasn't happy with the send her back chants last night. All the while smiling the whole time. How stupid does this man think we are?
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3129 on: July 19, 2019, 02:24:34 AM »

So two Republican senators, Paul and Lee effectively delayed passage of the 9/11 victims fund, which will ultimately pass but because their actions now have to go through additional steps. Their basis for this? How to pay for it. Did they care about how to pay for the tax cuts for the rich when they voted yes?

Better yet, did they care about how to pay for the fucking Iraq War?

my insults are more tongue in cheek. and are only directed at people like yourself, who have insulted me numerous times. in numerous ways. 

Remind me, when did Joe Biden personally insult you?

Jarmo has had to warn you repeatedly, the way a child needs to be reminded. SAD!

you are so desperate to label me a liar. you try so hard. you take my posts literally. you look pathetic. you do it repeatedly. that's what is meant by desperation.

Wait just a second... I'm not supposed to take your stated opinions literally? Has this been a parody of radical right wing extremists all along? Wow, you really got me good! But I should have known nobody could be THAT desperately servile to a political party.

I don't remember you being involved in Obama discussions, so i'm not sure your opinion is of any value as to why the discussions were better and the thread was more interesting. but I can tell you I don't remember anyone having to be told by Jarmo to stop it with the insults.

Uh, okay, because I never stated an opinion. I accepted yours at face value. Should I not trust you? Oh right, you're not to be taken literally. But also not a liar... huh. Huh

Wait, now I get it, you're gaslighting everyone. Now it all makes sense.

You don't remember Jarmo telling you to stop with the insults literally two days ago? Woof.

so the primary difference is you and the insults. there are others that insulted me and other Trump supporters two years ago, which destroyed any possibility of insightful sharing of ideas. so I think because of people like you who are clearly unhinged and are suffering from TDS, this thread is boring. me and many other "conservatives" did not lose our minds when Obama was president.

THERE IT IS! We've got TDS Bingo! You've won an all expenses paid trip to a mental health facility for projecting your own behavior onto others!

you also said I attack the character of "all the people on her(e) I perceive to be liberals." this is not true. Jarmo and Tim have very different views than me and the Senator. And I think all 4 of us have very strong beliefs. Yet we are all able to have adult discussions in here, with no insults, and no one constantly trying to make the others look bad.

rofl rofl rofl Now that is genuinely funny.

I know how you and some of your liberal compadres in the dark online world view political discussions. but that shit don't fly here, my friend

Ah yes, the bastion of honest debate, the guy who is being actively ignored by most of the posters here because of his trolling behavior. Classic troll move, to call for civility while being uncivil in the same breath. Just within this one post where you are calling me uncivil, you have called me the following juvenile insults: a child, "sad", desperate, pathetic, desperate again, unhinged, and delusional/TDS.

You cannot breathe without hypocrisy.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3130 on: July 19, 2019, 09:20:11 AM »

Truth is truth hurts, my man.

i'd encourage any of those 3 posters (Jarmo, Tim, Senator) to tell me if they disagree with this sentiment, since they would certainly know better than you.

over the years, we've each brought our opinions strong, and we certainly get our fair share of zingers in, but there's respect among each of us. and I've never gotten a vibe from any of them that there is an attempt to attack any fellow posters. I remember many people in this thread saying things like "good luck, and whatever happens, we're still friends" or something similar.

I pointed out CLEARLY in 2017 when SOME in the anti-Trump crowd took this thread to a lower level of just insulting others. you have carried the torch more recently. 

you started with the personal insults against others in this thread. you're the only one that has regularly had to be warned by Jarmo. you don't realize it, but that speaks volumes about who you are as a human being.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3131 on: July 20, 2019, 02:30:19 AM »

Truth is truth hurts, my man.

i'd encourage any of those 3 posters (Jarmo, Tim, Senator) to tell me if they disagree with this sentiment, since they would certainly know better than you.

over the years, we've each brought our opinions strong, and we certainly get our fair share of zingers in, but there's respect among each of us. and I've never gotten a vibe from any of them that there is an attempt to attack any fellow posters. I remember many people in this thread saying things like "good luck, and whatever happens, we're still friends" or something similar.

I can't help but notice you leave out Pilferk who does not engage you because of your trolling behavior.

I pointed out CLEARLY in 2017 when SOME in the anti-Trump crowd took this thread to a lower level of just insulting others. you have carried the torch more recently.

Again, the lowering of the bar was because Trump lowered it with his conduct from day one calling Mexicans rapists. Where is the personal responsibility? You cannot take responsibility for anything, every single time you dodge and whatabout the Democrats.

you started with the personal insults against others in this thread. you're the only one that has regularly had to be warned by Jarmo. you don't realize it, but that speaks volumes about who you are as a human being.

Again, Jarmo warned you three days ago. How many times do I have to remind you? I will be sure to continue. You don't realize it, but that speaks volumes about who you are as a human being.

Let's see, my first comment in this thread was a response to your Trumpist buddy ITAROCKER ridiculing those suffering from depression and addiction and saying they can't have an opinion on politics (hello, Fascism?). Your first comment after that was "don't be a fuckin snowflake bitch and cry about your president". Your first actual reply to one of my comments was simply: "Triggered  rofl". Yep, clearly you're not a troll! Your next response? "I hope u find a safe place for the weekend so u can deal with your feelings." More trolling with indirect insults. Your parroting of "TDS!" like a broken record or a child who has learned a new word any time somebody disagrees with you? Trolling. Then you proceeded to call me a "grandma" with my "panties in a bunch". You called liberals "sickening" (really civil!), and then replied to me "Settle down, kid. There’s adults in the room."

Shortly after the election, you were posting "I hope you find peace with all of this, in your safe space."

Another trolling attempt shortly after the election: "travel ban back on! 9-0. another clear victory. the winning continues....  rofl"

And of course, it's all part of your trolling tactics that you avoid making blatant and direct personal insults while deliberately trying to get under the skin of others to provoke insults from them, so you can then say "See? They are uncivil." That you think these tactics aren't transparent proves that you aren't as clever as you think you are in employing them. I cannot imagine how awful your life must be that you get pleasure out of trying to wind people up and have not, the in the several years of this thread, realized how pathetic that is.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 02:45:45 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3132 on: July 20, 2019, 02:59:46 AM »

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/453910-yazidi-woman-who-won-nobel-prize-pleads-with-trump-to-help-her

Oh brother, this is quite embarrassing.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3133 on: July 20, 2019, 02:43:44 PM »

Wow.

"they killed my family"

Trump: "where are they now?"

" ... they killed them ... "

Also, crowds frothing at the mouth screaming for the president to forcibly remove an American Citizen from her country ... and they wonder why people call them Fascists ... they should stop acting exactly like them.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 02:06:03 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3134 on: July 22, 2019, 09:09:00 AM »

His response to the question about why he didn't stop the chant was just pure comedy.

Trump was complaining about Obama. The thought that he should leave if he wasn't happy didn't occur back then.... Now, it's different.

It shouldn't matter whether or not you think Democrats and/or Republicans are bad, these kinds of chants have no place in a (somewhat) civilized society. No, you don't lock someone up just because you think so. No, you can't send people who are citizens in your country back just because they don't vote for the same person as you do.

It seems like the latest chant started with one person. Where were the other around that person just saying like it is? Four little words: Shut the fuck up!

In the end, all this helps Trump. His supporters don't care, the others just have another thing to add to the list of things they can't believe the president of the USA has said/done....

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3135 on: July 22, 2019, 10:36:10 AM »

His response to the question about why he didn't stop the chant was just pure comedy.

Trump was complaining about Obama. The thought that he should leave if he wasn't happy didn't occur back then.... Now, it's different.

It shouldn't matter whether or not you think Democrats and/or Republicans are bad, these kinds of chants have no place in a (somewhat) civilized society. No, you don't lock someone up just because you think so. No, you can't send people who are citizens in your country back just because they don't vote for the same person as you do.

It seems like the latest chant started with one person. Where were the other around that person just saying like it is? Four little words: Shut the fuck up!

In the end, all this helps Trump. His supporters don't care, the others just have another thing to add to the list of things they can't believe the president of the USA has said/done....

/jarmo
\

Exactly, dissent is not only our right in a democracy it is our duty to speak out when we see something wrong within our government or society. There's nothing  un-american or hating America about it. It is literally the most patriotic thing you can do. It is ironic that a man who became president's campaign slogan criticized America is now telling people to leave if they don't like it, who are trying to make it better. It is possible to love America but at the same time dissent about policy etc that we believe wrong. Not blind allegiance
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3136 on: July 22, 2019, 10:38:52 AM »

Exactly, dissent is not only our right in a democracy it is our duty to speak out when we see something wrong within our government or society. There's nothing  un-american or hating America about it. It is literally the most patriotic thing you can do. It is ironic that a man who became president's campaign slogan criticized America is now telling people to leave if they don't like it, who are trying to make it better. It is possible to love America but at the same time dissent about policy etc that we believe wrong. Not blind allegiance

By Trumps logic, Trump and his supporters are also all traitors!  He got elected by continuously bitching about the country. Even his MAGA slogan shows this.

Hypocrisy.  It's whats for dinner.  You'd think by now the Repubs would be full. Oh, wait! They ARE full of it! Wink

The truth is: Trump is a racist. You saw it with his initial comments.  You see it as he doubles down over and over again.

His response "The Dems always cry racist" is bull shit.  What he said was racist.  What happened at that rally was racist.  If he doesn't want to be called a racist, he should stop saying (and doing) racist things.  And if his supporters don't want to be lumped in, they should actually stand up and tell him to shut up, or hold him accountable by not voting for him.

Silence is tacit approval.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:42:14 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3137 on: July 23, 2019, 01:54:35 AM »

His response "The Dems always cry racist" is bull shit.  What he said was racist.  What happened at that rally was racist.  If he doesn't want to be called a racist, he should stop saying (and doing) racist things.  And if his supporters don't want to be lumped in, they should actually stand up and tell him to shut up, or hold him accountable by not voting for him.

Silence is tacit approval.

This is what I love. (In Jeff Foxworthy's voice:) If you think that people just call everything racist... you might be a racist!

It's time to look in the mirror and take some personal responsibility.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3138 on: July 23, 2019, 02:15:48 PM »

Now he's bragging about his socialist ways:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Farmers are starting to do great again, after 15 years of a downward spiral. The 16 Billion Dollar China “replacement” money didn’t exactly hurt!

Ironic. State sponsored farming is something he's proud of. Usually these kinds of right wing businessmen have a "if you can't make it in a free market, get out" mentality.... Wink

hihi

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3139 on: July 24, 2019, 08:06:21 AM »

Just some insight into the Repub propaganda that they are the still the party of fiscal conservatism:

Reagan took the deficit from 70 billion to 175 billion.
Bush 41 took it to 300 billion.
Clinton got it to zero.
Bush 43 took it from 0 to 1.2 trillion.
Obama halved it to 600 billion.
Trump’s got it back to a trillion.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: