Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:55:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 485225 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3280 on: September 06, 2019, 08:26:58 AM »

I guess on that sabbatical you missed the jobs bad news, that we added many less then what was reported over the last year.

Really? What wars did Obama start?

Also, Trump did recently send more troops to the middle East because of rising tension with Iran. At least tell the truth.

are you saying 1) the economy and the job market for the last year has sucked? or are you saying 2) it's been really awesome, just not as awesome as initial reports indicated?

i'm really curious to hear what you think of the economy over the past year. also, are you rooting for the economy to take a major downturn, the way so many other liberals are?

Obama achieved regime change in Libya, and aggressively pursued it in Syria.  are you not familiar with the immediate and long-term ramifications of the US's actions in Libya and the thriving slave trade there?

Trump regime changes remain at 0.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3281 on: September 06, 2019, 08:50:57 AM »

I guess on that sabbatical you missed the jobs bad news, that we added many less then what was reported over the last year.

Also, Trump did recently send more troops to the middle East because of rising tension with Iran. At least tell the truth.

are you saying 1) the economy and the job market for the last year has sucked? or are you saying 2) it's been really awesome, just not as awesome as initial reports indicated?

i'm really curious to hear what you think of the economy over the past year. also, are you rooting for the economy to take a major downturn, the way so many other liberals are?

Obama achieved regime change in Libya, and aggressively pursued it in Syria.  are you not familiar with the immediate and long-term ramifications of the US's actions in Libya and the thriving slave trade there?

Sucked? No, not as good as first thought though. I would also like to know how many of these are 2nd and 3rd jobs that people have to get to make ends meet. There are a lot of people out there still struggling. It isn't as rosey as the administration is trying to paint it.

Ok you got me there and i hate when any president does that. They are never a good idea and only make things worse. We have enough trouble with our own democracy. Why do we think we can create new ones. He didn't start any wars though.

Hopefully that continues whether his presidency ends next year or in 2024. If he does it kudos to him for that as well.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3282 on: September 06, 2019, 01:00:59 PM »

Today's Jobs report is further evidence we are likely seeing a slowing economy.  August saw 130k jobs added, less than expected.  In addition both July and June were revised down notably....on ongoing trend from this administration.  Average job additions are around 165k a month for 2019....MUCH lower than the 223k in 2018. That rate is the slowest rate we've seen in the past 8 years.  In addition, a sizable portion of the job ads in August were temporary Census positions (roughly 25k). 

Unemployment remained flat. Wage growth remained flat. Manufacturing jobs basically remained flat, adding less jobs (only 3k) than expected. 

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 01:03:16 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3283 on: September 06, 2019, 02:30:44 PM »

Sucked? No, not as good as first thought though. I would also like to know how many of these are 2nd and 3rd jobs that people have to get to make ends meet. There are a lot of people out there still struggling. It isn't as rosey as the administration is trying to paint it.

Ok you got me there and i hate when any president does that. They are never a good idea and only make things worse. We have enough trouble with our own democracy. Why do we think we can create new ones. He didn't start any wars though.

Hopefully that continues whether his presidency ends next year or in 2024. If he does it kudos to him for that as well.

fair enough. and to your second point, yes, millions of people are struggling. but that will always be a fact in a country with hundreds of millions of people, just as it was a fact during Obama's presidency. with the economy, you can use whatever information you want to paint whatever picture you want. and that's what partisans like to do. use the stats that fit and justify and push their beliefs and their agenda.

but we should separate ourselves from all of that and look at the big picture. the economy has been great. even trump's biggest critics have given him credit for that.

Trump has easily been the least hawkish president of my lifetime. ironically, this is a point many on the left (and right) have wanted for years. one of the left's top issues 10-15 years ago. they should be thrilled. and yes, on this we definitely agree....I hope Trump and whoever the next president is avoids unnecessary conflicts.  

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3284 on: September 06, 2019, 05:37:35 PM »

No.  It's more about how it is almost impossible to have an actual discussion on real topics of substance concerning policies with those of you who have the mindset that everything President Trump says, does, does not say, does not do, etc., is wrong.

So, to be clear: You opinion is that it is impossible to have a productive political discussion with anyone that pushes back and disagrees (and provides evidence as to why)?  And for conserviatives to ENGAGE in discussion, those with an opposing viewpoint must adopt the position that Trump is infailable, never lies, is never wrong, and EVERYTHING he does is right? And because those who dislike Trump won't do that, conservatives have disappeared from this thread?
I'm guessing you were so blinded by your outrage as to my view that the anti-Trumpers don't bother listening to (or reading) what conservatives actually are saying/trying to discuss with their views that you missed the part that I said "almost impossible" in my post. So, to be clear, I made it bigger n' bolder for you.  Wink

Also, as an aside...Pot. Kettle. Black.  I mean...Gypsy...have you ever dissented and called the President out on doing ANYTHING wrong?
This made me LOL.  All that keeps going through my mind reading this is when people DEMANDED Jarmo say something bad/negative about Axl.  lmao

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3285 on: September 06, 2019, 11:16:32 PM »

fair enough. and to your second point, yes, millions of people are struggling. but that will always be a fact in a country with hundreds of millions of people, just as it was a fact during Obama's presidency. with the economy, you can use whatever information you want to paint whatever picture you want. and that's what partisans like to do. use the stats that fit and justify and push their beliefs and their agenda.

but we should separate ourselves from all of that and look at the big picture. the economy has been great. even trump's biggest critics have given him credit for that.

Trump has easily been the least hawkish president of my lifetime. ironically, this is a point many on the left (and right) have wanted for years. one of the left's top issues 10-15 years ago. they should be thrilled. and yes, on this we definitely agree....I hope Trump and whoever the next president is avoids unnecessary conflicts.  

Of course there will always be people that struggle but it shouldn't be this bad. If you are needing 2 or 3 jobs to stay above water something is badly broken. In my brief 42 years though it seems Republicans in recent memory care less then the other side about this.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 03:40:08 AM by tim_m » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3286 on: September 09, 2019, 09:40:52 AM »

Of course there will always be people that struggle but it shouldn't be this bad. If you are needing 2 or 3 jobs to stay above water something is badly broken. In my brief 42 years though it seems Republicans in recent memory care less then the other side about this.

the poverty rate is the lowest its been since 2005. 

everyone wishes we didn't have so many people living in poverty. some of it is unavoidable in a large country, but everyone agrees it could and should be much better.

you believe Dems care more....what is this based on? i think all politicians are essentially the same and only care about themselves. so i'm curious to hear what you base this opinion on.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3287 on: September 09, 2019, 03:28:02 PM »

you believe Dems care more....what is this based on? i think all politicians are essentially the same and only care about themselves. so i'm curious to hear what you base this opinion on.

I'll play along.

Let's assume all politicians are the same for argument's sake.

So every decision they make is based on what's good for themselves.

But what happens next is where the difference lies. Who else benefits from these selfish decisions? The rich (when Republicans make the decisions) or someone else?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3288 on: September 09, 2019, 08:30:27 PM »

I'll play along.

Let's assume all politicians are the same for argument's sake.

So every decision they make is based on what's good for themselves.

But what happens next is where the difference lies. Who else benefits from these selfish decisions? The rich (when Republicans make the decisions) or someone else?

/jarmo

I don’t understand your question.

I asked Tim a serious question about something specific he said. You say “i’ll play along” but then you ask me a question.

I’m just really confused by your post.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3289 on: September 09, 2019, 08:40:03 PM »

No.  It's more about how it is almost impossible to have an actual discussion on real topics of substance concerning policies with those of you who have the mindset that everything President Trump says, does, does not say, does not do, etc., is wrong.

Oh stop being a perpetually offended victim, snowflake!

Funny how you don't attempt to defend his doctoring of an official NOAA projection map and potentially causing countless Alabamians to evacuate for nothing. Because you cannot. So instead, you just slander the other side with a massive generalization and strawman. Pathetic.

I'm guessing you were so blinded by your outrage as to my view that the anti-Trumpers don't bother listening to (or reading) what conservatives actually are saying/trying to discuss with their views that you missed the part that I said "almost impossible" in my post. So, to be clear, I made it bigger n' bolder for you.  Wink

Wow, and just when I thought there was no stooping any lower!

So if it's only "almost impossible", why were you not commenting at all? I'm guessing you were so blinded by your outrage as to his view that the Trumpers don't bother actually defending his actions that you... failed to actually defend him and just made character assassinations toward liberals.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3290 on: September 09, 2019, 09:24:29 PM »

nope. not true. not even a little bit. and stop falling for Trump's act. he's trolling you and everyone on the left falls for it.

i think you know the reason Trump supporters have not been posting here regularly.

in addition to that, I was on sabbatical from work and spent 6 weeks at the jersey shore. when you spend 8-10 hours a day sitting on beach (surrounded by many other trump supporters flying Trump flags and bringing life-sized cardboard cutouts of trump), wasting time in a boring political thread is the furthest thing from your mind.

but i can tell you miss us. cause let's face it, without us, this thread is fucking boring.

so let's check the current status of the destruction of the world as predicted by a few in here, and many liberals across America.....

- Economy? fuckin booming!
- Jobs?  Lowest unemployment rate in years. Lowest for minorities all time!
- Nuclear war/neighborhoods burning down?  haha. silly prediction.  
- Unnecessary wars? ZZZZEEEERRRRROOOOOOO BABY! (and as I've said before, a primary reason i voted for him.)
     - only president of our lifetime not to start any unnecessary wars, or regime changes, or troop surges? yes indeedy.

so while the country continues to flourish and the world continues to improve in critical ways, maybe we should discuss important issues like straws, red meat, abortions to help climate change, and trying to hurt people that donate to the "wrong" candidate while bitching and complaining about people calling out journalists for past tweets that could be viewed as offensive.

I love it! Early Onset Dementia, narcissism, racism, Nationalism and xenophobia, all of which but the first he's displayed his entire life, are just an evil genius tactic to troll the left! rofl rofl

But hey, you said it: President Troll! That's your guy. Says a lot! drool

- Economy? Yield curve has inverted. Major sign of recession. Consumer debt is at an all-time high.

- Jobs? 4 in 5 Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. Employee benefits are on the decline. Gig jobs are on the rise. Employee protections and rights are being eroded with at-will employment and arbitration clauses.

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-xpm-2013-apr-07-la-fi-mo-numbers-decline-workplace-benefits-20130407-story.html

https://www.nbc26.com/news/national/gig-jobs-on-the-rise-workers-hope-for-benefits

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0022185619834321

- Nuclear war/neighborhoods burning down? What are you smoking? Roll Eyes

- Bombing Syria (twice) to zero strategic effect because he telegraphed his intentions, only escalating the conflict and weakening our position by doing so.

- He changed decades of American policy by announcing he will move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, thereby recognizing Jerusalem as the capitol of a single Israeli state. This immediately provoked armed conflict between Hamas in Gaza and Likud in Israel, causing dozens of deaths within the first day.

- Trump ordered his team to make it easier to launch drone strikes, and has since given more authority to the CIA to conduct drone strikes. He is removing all the Obama era guidelines that reduce civilian causalities, while also increasing the CIA's paramilitary capabilities. Columbia Law School Human Rights Clinic and the Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies found that since President Donald Trump took office, the monthly rate of U.S. drone strikes has increased by almost four times former President Barack Obama’s average.

You have a desperately twisted definition of no foreign intervention...

But hey, you keep on cheering your beloved President Pedophile Troll!

Just don't be surprised when decent people with morals look down at you for it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 09:32:15 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3291 on: September 10, 2019, 12:56:52 AM »

Looks like nobody else will bring this up, so i will, the proposed now dead secret meeting with the Taliban at camp David just before 9/11.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3292 on: September 10, 2019, 07:21:36 AM »

nope. not true. not even a little bit. and stop falling for Trump's act. he's trolling you and everyone on the left falls for it.

i think you know the reason Trump supporters have not been posting here regularly.

in addition to that, I was on sabbatical from work and spent 6 weeks at the jersey shore. when you spend 8-10 hours a day sitting on beach (surrounded by many other trump supporters flying Trump flags and bringing life-sized cardboard cutouts of trump), wasting time in a boring political thread is the furthest thing from your mind.

but i can tell you miss us. cause let's face it, without us, this thread is fucking boring.

so let's check the current status of the destruction of the world as predicted by a few in here, and many liberals across America.....

- Unnecessary wars? ZZZZEEEERRRRROOOOOOO BABY! (and as I've said before, a primary reason i voted for him.)
     - only president of our lifetime not to start any unnecessary wars, or regime changes, or troop surges? yes indeedy.

so while the country continues to flourish and the world continues to improve in critical ways, maybe we should discuss important issues like straws, red meat, abortions to help climate change, and trying to hurt people that donate to the "wrong" candidate while bitching and complaining about people calling out journalists for past tweets that could be viewed as offensive.

I love it! Early Onset Dementia, narcissism, racism, Nationalism and xenophobia, all of which but the first he's displayed his entire life, are just an evil genius tactic to troll the left! rofl rofl

- Economy? Yield curve has inverted. Major sign of recession. Consumer debt is at an all-time high.

- Jobs? 4 in 5 Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. Employee benefits are on the decline. Gig jobs are on the rise. Employee protections and rights are being eroded with at-will employment and arbitration clauses.

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-xpm-2013-apr-07-la-fi-mo-numbers-decline-workplace-benefits-20130407-story.html

https://www.nbc26.com/news/national/gig-jobs-on-the-rise-workers-hope-for-benefits

- Bombing Syria (twice) to zero strategic effect because he telegraphed his intentions, only escalating the conflict and weakening our position by doing so.

- He changed decades of American policy by announcing he will move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, thereby recognizing Jerusalem as the capitol of a single Israeli state. This immediately provoked armed conflict between Hamas in Gaza and Likud in Israel, causing dozens of deaths within the first day.

- Trump ordered his team to make it easier to launch drone strikes, and has since given more authority to the CIA to conduct drone strikes. He is removing all the Obama era guidelines that reduce civilian causalities, while also increasing the CIA's paramilitary capabilities. Columbia Law School Human Rights Clinic and the Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies found that since President Donald Trump took office, the monthly rate of U.S. drone strikes has increased by almost four times former President Barack Obama’s average.

It is like you are cheering for a recession that may or may not happen.

I'm dizzy from all the spin in your post. 

The last few years Ive saved money on my taxes and seen an increase in business income. That is what I see.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 07:27:57 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3293 on: September 10, 2019, 08:22:34 AM »

I asked Tim a serious question about something specific he said. You say “i’ll play along” but then you ask me a question.

It's not supposed to be that confusing. Just playing along your theory that all politicians (no exceptions) are only looking out for themselves.

So my question to you, since you believe that, is, who else benefits from their selfish decisions?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3294 on: September 10, 2019, 10:18:02 AM »

It's not supposed to be that confusing. Just playing along your theory that all politicians (no exceptions) are only looking out for themselves.

So my question to you, since you believe that, is, who else benefits from their selfish decisions?

/jarmo

their wives and children.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #3295 on: September 10, 2019, 10:20:53 AM »

unfortunately, we can't all be as virtuous as you, cupcake.  Kiss

sandman
Legend

« Reply #3296 on: September 10, 2019, 10:26:57 AM »

Looks like nobody else will bring this up, so i will, the proposed now dead secret meeting with the Taliban at camp David just before 9/11.

it's always worth a try to end war through diplomacy and understanding the other side. further evidence of Trump's anti-war approach. in the end, he realized it couldn't happen. I thank him for letting the people know.

you would think CNN with all of their unnamed white house sources would have known about it. maybe they were too busy losing their minds over a map and a sharpie. another great move by Trump.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3297 on: September 10, 2019, 10:46:34 AM »

So Trump makes a tax cut to benefit his wife and children.

Obama wanted to change the health care system for his wife and children....

I'm not sure every politician is as self centered as you think. Just because a certain current one sets the bar low doesn't mean every one is the same...

/jarmo

sandman
Legend

« Reply #3298 on: September 10, 2019, 11:27:15 AM »

So Trump makes a tax cut to benefit his wife and children.

Obama wanted to change the health care system for his wife and children....

I'm not sure every politician is as self centered as you think. Just because a certain current one sets the bar low doesn't mean every one is the same...

/jarmo

you didn't ask me WHY they make decisions - that is a completely different question. you asked me who benefits from their decisions. there are many that benefit, but family was the first thing that came to mind.

a true liberal would hate Obama's health care plan and would view it as a corporate friendly deal.

people go into politics for the power.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3299 on: September 10, 2019, 12:15:46 PM »

you didn't ask me WHY they make decisions - that is a completely different question. you asked me who benefits from their decisions. there are many that benefit, but family was the first thing that came to mind.

True. Because I don't agree with you. I'm convinced that these kinds of decisions benefit someone else. Not just the person making the decision.

a true liberal would hate Obama's health care plan and would view it as a corporate friendly deal.

A liberal?

You mean a communist....

I don't think what used to be considered liberals were against capitalism and a free market. It's just because the other party went so far to the right that what used to be center is now labeled socialism... Which is just silly.

people go into politics for the power.

I don't disagree. But I don't think everyone does.

Some people want to become some kind of person in power for the some reason. Doesn't matter if it's a police officer, politician, journalist etc etc.

Trump sacks national security adviser John Bolton
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49655279

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: