Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:13:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482410 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3520 on: October 21, 2019, 07:27:39 AM »

Well I'll be damned, Trump actually did the right thing and pulled G7 from Doral. After backlash from well just about everyone. Of course he blames it on the media and Democrats. How awful, we weren't ok with him violating the Constitution!

A sizable contingent of Repubs had turned on the idea....and he needs their support for the impeachment. 

This was TOO big of a "thumb of the nose" to the constitution for even THEM to ignore.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3521 on: October 21, 2019, 08:15:12 AM »

Well I'll be damned, Trump actually did the right thing and pulled G7 from Doral. After backlash from well just about everyone. Of course he blames it on the media and Democrats. How awful, we weren't ok with him violating the Constitution!

A sizable contingent of Repubs had turned on the idea....and he needs their support for the impeachment. 

This was TOO big of a "thumb of the nose" to the constitution for even THEM to ignore.

Yep he conveniently left that out. They weren't going as so far as to say it was impeachable or enforceable in the courts, but a big enough majority of them were like whoa this is not a good idea. It wasn't just lawmakers in the right sounding the alarm, it was conservative news outlets and conservative voters. Also anyone who believes they're really was a list of 12 potential locations for it and they took a close look at the others and came to the conclusion Doral was the best, i have some incredible beachfront property for sale. There may very well be a list but the Doral was gonna get the pick regardless. He's was testing the waters seeing if he could get away with it. I guess with this we finally found a line in the sand for enough on the right to make him backtrack.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 08:27:43 AM by tim_m » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3522 on: October 21, 2019, 02:06:46 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/466732-trump-dismisses-phony-emoluments-clause-after-doral-criticism

So the Constitution is phony? Got it! So Republicans won't care if a future Democrat president does something the Constitution specifically says do not. So much for oath to uphold and defend the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3523 on: October 21, 2019, 05:03:53 PM »

https://deadline.com/2019/10/donald-trump-barack-obama-netflix-1202765068/

This fucking dolt. Obama was out of office and a private citizen when he signed those deals which he is allowed to, just as is any other citizen. HE DID NOT DO IT WHILE IN OFFICE!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3524 on: October 22, 2019, 04:20:56 PM »

The US Envoy to Ukraine testified, today, that aid (and "everything else") was contingent on Ukraine making a public announcement about investigations into the Bidens.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3525 on: October 22, 2019, 04:22:54 PM »

This fucking dolt. Obama was out of office and a private citizen when he signed those deals which he is allowed to, just as is any other citizen. HE DID NOT DO IT WHILE IN OFFICE!

Trump INSISTS this was negotiated while Obama was in office.

Which is completely incorrect.  Or a bald face lie.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3526 on: October 22, 2019, 04:23:47 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/466732-trump-dismisses-phony-emoluments-clause-after-doral-criticism

So the Constitution is phony? Got it! So Republicans won't care if a future Democrat president does something the Constitution specifically says do not. So much for oath to uphold and defend the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic.

It HAS to be phony.  Because it tells him he can't do things he wants to, and tells him he HAS to do things he doesn't want to do.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3527 on: October 23, 2019, 11:34:54 AM »

So, Ukraine officials knew the US was withholding aid...and they knew why...long before the administration (and their own public statements) say they did:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/23/us/politics/ukraine-aid-freeze-impeachment.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3528 on: October 23, 2019, 11:48:34 AM »

Trump INSISTS this was negotiated while Obama was in office.

Which is completely incorrect.  Or a bald face lie.

Even if it were it wouldn't be illegal unless he started being paid for as president. He could agree to this as president as long as he's not profiling until after.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3529 on: October 23, 2019, 06:25:04 PM »

From the GOP assembled final Benghazi report:

'The Committee’s pref. for private interviews over public hearings has been questioned. ... Interviews allow witnesses to be questioned .. by a highly prepared member or staff person. " Open hearings "precludes in-depth focused questioning.'

Funny how that is the complete OPPOSITE of what they are saying now?

I wonder why that is?

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3530 on: October 23, 2019, 06:53:49 PM »

They're hypocrites. They think those rules should only apply if they're doing the investigation.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3531 on: October 24, 2019, 12:35:25 PM »

Actually holding your feet to the fire is "obsession". Yeah, I have an "obsession" with people not being cowards who dodge having to face reality.

This piddling response is all you've got? Wow. "You don't understand economics. Now let me fail to refute any of the empirical and verifiable FACTS you've presented while I make an ad hominem attack on you".  drool

Keep attacking me personally, it only proves even further that you cannot refute my ARGUMENTS because you know I am RIGHThihi

I accept your concession. No need to be a sore loser, now.

Let me dumb this down for you. The economy has been trump’s for a long time now. The economy is exceptional. Even the left wing propaganda machines have admitted this and given trump credit. The fact that you are unable to look at the economy objectively and give credit where credit invalidates your opinion. How can we have a discussion with someone on a complicated topic when you are incapable of admitting basic truths?

LOL, let me dumb this down for you, the economy is exactly the same as it was under Obama. That you'd call maintaining a trend "exceptional" just proves what a hopeless sycophant you are. I've given you a mountain of data and this is your response? Utter denial with no counter argument or evidence to support. Yeah, you lost, get over it, cupcake. Roll Eyes

Posting every piece of data that is “weak” or in many cases, not perfect, is short sighted. And it shows your bias.

Oh, you mean like how you come in regularly to post cherry picked positive data? You are such a naked hypocrite, it's suffocating. You have no credibility whatsoever in here, bub.

Everything you post here is straight from far left wing websites and twitter accounts. You treat politics like sports and always root for your team no matter what.

LOL, you don't know shit about me. I didn't root for Hillary and I'm not rooting for Biden. I'd have no problem working with a sane GOP like under Eisenhower. You're completely talking out your ass.

Also, I have not posted a single thing from Twitter, as I don't even use the site at all. And let's look at my previous sources: Forbes (right wing), Wall Street Journal (right wing), Bloomberg, CNBC, Barrons (right wing) and MacroTrends. Once again, you prove yourself to be a bald faced LIAR. Thanks for proving yet again why you have ZERO credibility in these forums. rofl

I can't even say you offer biased sources because you never source anything at all. The mark of a real intellectual! drool

Some people are happy to shut their brain down and only see things from one side. But you seem miserable. So not sure what you get out of it. You seem angry and you post in here like you are some kind of genius and you constantly insult others. I guess that makes you feel better about yourself.

Your entire comment is nothing but an insult. Classic right wing troll move; not only projecting your behavior onto the opponent, but engaging in said behavior literally as you accuse them of it. Textbook gaslighting.

Now that I've covered all of your dodging, I'll return to the point again that you've offered no actual substantive rebuttal of anything I've said and therefore are conceding, albeit in the most cowardly way.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 01:35:24 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3532 on: October 24, 2019, 12:42:42 PM »

Have you noticed that most of the folks who disagree with Trump post links, facts, graphs, and statistics to help make their case....and the Trump Supporters just offer up their opinions without foundation? Or ask others to do the research for them?  I find that an interesting trend, honestly.

It's impossible to ignore. Well, except for Trump loverboys, who will dodge even when confronted directly on it.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3533 on: October 24, 2019, 01:46:28 PM »

guy totally has an agenda. somehow I think Soros is involved. and many people and events are connected. Ukraine, Soros, Schiff, 2016, etc. etc. Barr's trip to Italy may turn out to be critical.

rofl

Quote from: Senator Blutarsky
At least in the middle of the day Fox is pretty objective. ( ex. Shepard Smith who is fairly straight news, but clearly not a Trump fan)

Well this didn't age well...

We do have a transcript of the call, so hell, you should contact the left wing law firm that is orchestrating all of this and name yourself as a whistleblower.

I love the unashamed conspiracy spinning.

Honestly, it's amazing the Trumpists are still trying after getting systematically dressed down with every post by Pilferk. Any outside observer reading this thread would see nothing but an absolute debasement of Trumpism on every. single. point.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3534 on: October 27, 2019, 12:00:19 PM »

Some good news from Syria -

'He died like a dog' Donald Trump addresses the nation and confirms that 'coward' ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by U.S. Special Forces and died 'whimpering and crying and screaming' after being cornered inside his Syrian lair and detonated his suicide vest

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7618787/Trump-confirms-coward-ISIS-leader-Abu-Bakr-al-Baghdadi-killed.html

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3535 on: October 27, 2019, 12:14:24 PM »

Hopefully it's true this time. There's been multiple times throughout the years we thought we got him but merely injured him. The suicide best seems a bit odd though, wouldn't they have injured the soldiers that surround him?

You know, they use the internet better than almost anybody in the world, perhaps other than Donald Trump,' he continued. 'But they use the internet incredibly well and what they've done with the internet through recruiting and everything – and that is why he died like a dog, he died like a coward. He was whimpering, screaming and crying, and frankly I think it's something that should be brought out so that his followers and all of these young kids that want to leave various countries – including the United States – they should see how he died. He didn't die a hero, he died a coward – crying, whimpering, and screaming and bringing three kids with him to die. Certain death.'

Wow never ceases to amaze me in finding a way to make it about himself somehow.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 12:31:45 PM by tim_m » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3536 on: October 27, 2019, 05:43:08 PM »

Elections have consequences.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3537 on: October 27, 2019, 06:14:43 PM »

Some good news from Syria -

'He died like a dog' Donald Trump addresses the nation and confirms that 'coward' ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by U.S. Special Forces and died 'whimpering and crying and screaming' after being cornered inside his Syrian lair and detonated his suicide vest

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7618787/Trump-confirms-coward-ISIS-leader-Abu-Bakr-al-Baghdadi-killed.html

Posting every piece of data that is “strong” or in many cases, not awful, is short sighted. And it shows your bias.

Elections have consequences.

Look who's back with no response as usual! rofl

And further proving his hypocrisy as he ignores the mountain of awful evidence to gloat over the latest freshly plucked cherry.

It's short sighted. And it shows your bias.

But hey, enjoy the coming impeachment! Elections have consequences. ok

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3538 on: October 28, 2019, 03:50:50 AM »

Have you noticed that most of the folks who disagree with Trump post links, facts, graphs, and statistics to help make their case....and the Trump Supporters just offer up their opinions without foundation? Or ask others to do the research for them?  I find that an interesting trend, honestly.

It's impossible to ignore. Well, except for Trump loverboys, who will dodge even when confronted directly on it.

This is not a good take at all.  Some of you are famous for posting “links, graphs, what YOU think are facts, stats, etc that don’t prove anything.  I can go online right now and find an article stating how Obama did great with the economy.  I could also find an article talking about how well Trump has done with the economy.  I can find twisted stats backing it up for both.  I can find articles with stats and graphs showing how walls work, and how they don’t.  I can find an article with so called facts to pretty much argue any point.  So just because someone comes on here and posts a 500 word message with a bunch of info doesn’t mean anything.  So spare me the condescending posts.

What I would like to know is why must you guys insult so much, and belittle?  That’s what I find an interesting trend.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 04:24:30 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3539 on: October 28, 2019, 05:11:59 AM »

This is not a good take at all.  Some of you are famous for posting “links, graphs, what YOU think are facts, stats, etc that don’t prove anything.  I can go online right now and find an article stating how Obama did great with the economy.  I could also find an article talking about how well Trump has done with the economy.  I can find twisted stats backing it up for both.  I can find articles with stats and graphs showing how walls work, and how they don’t.  I can find an article with so called facts to pretty much argue any point.  So just because someone comes on here and posts a 500 word message with a bunch of info doesn’t mean anything.  So spare me the condescending posts.

What I would like to know is why must you guys insult so much, and belittle?  That’s what I find an interesting trend.

Precisely why the source matters. Anyone can find a left or right wing article to support their version of the facts. That doesn't make then true.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: