Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:47:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482399 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3800 on: March 28, 2020, 09:59:46 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-gretchen-whitmer-michigan-coronavirus-feud-032411002.html

I'm not withholding judgment.  Fuck this fat orange motherfucker

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #3801 on: March 28, 2020, 11:19:27 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-gretchen-whitmer-michigan-coronavirus-feud-032411002.html

I'm not withholding judgment.  Fuck this fat orange motherfucker

Said judge it all
Not withhold

And if this is true (Not even sure a law by Congress could tell a company who to sell to btw) then fat orange man should be tied down and allowed to have sick Michigan folks spit in his mouth.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3802 on: March 28, 2020, 11:57:33 AM »

After I've calmed down, I would love to know more about this.  As you stated, I can't imagine what actual authority a president would have here.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #3803 on: March 28, 2020, 12:07:28 PM »

After I've calmed down, I would love to know more about this.  As you stated, I can't imagine what actual authority a president would have here.

Makes two of us!

What's disturbing is that even the most staunch defenders of Trump really can see him "trying" to pull something like this off..

Let's see how this story evolves.
I don't know the governor that well outside of, I believe, giving the rebuttal to the state of the union - so have zero basis on which to judge her either.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3804 on: March 28, 2020, 12:30:45 PM »

Cuomo would be great. He's handing the outbreak in New York like a leader should. Trump is showing  what not to do.

you're in the minority on Trump. for the first time in his presidency in the ABC news poll, more americans approve of his performance than those who do not.

People can be duped into believing anything, doesn't make it true. Let's see where the numbers are in a few weeks if his piss poor response continues, when supplies start to run out because states reach their apex and we start seeing thousands of deaths daily.

I don't know about this brother

Yes his narcissism was/is not helpful and he's still a disgusting human being but there are two massive hospital ships landing on each coast, army core of engineers making hospital settings, Cuomo has already been quoted as saying the 4k ventilators sent earlier this week are not even in use because they "don't need them right now", yet he was screaming that the federal government had to send him 30k of these things immediately.

I think in most posts you slam the guy for killing people with late response , which is very hard to quantify , yet I don't believe (correct me if wrong) I've seen you talk about how many people were actually saved by him closing the border to China flights very very early - which is also impossible to quantify.

Just think we gotta put our extreme likes or hatred of this guy on hold right now and judge it all - the good and the bad   peace

Better to be prepared in advance then to be scrambling to get what you need when the apex happens. He's going by what the health professionals are telling him they think they'll need when the apex happens in 14-21 days. Hopefully doesn't need them but be prepared for the worst. I've been watching all of his briefings.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3805 on: March 28, 2020, 12:34:45 PM »

He has actually said he wants the governors to treat him right or he won't call them. He has also instructed VP Pence not to call the Washington and Michigan governors for their criticism of his response to this pandemic. What a shitty human being you have to be to say something like that. No you treat them right. Your job is to help the states and keep the citizens safe. He is not doing that. He just yesterday invoked the DPA to order GM to make 100 million ventilators in 100 days.  Which will be too late for many. This is something he should've done 2 months ago at least!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3806 on: March 28, 2020, 01:18:05 PM »

I would recommend everyone watch the Trump episode from season 1 of Dirty Money on Netflix.  Trump was a real estate tycoon in the 80's but that all went bust by the 90's and he became a media figure, hitting the talk show circuit and on TV ads for Pizza Hut and McDonalds.  He's actually a great salesperson, so good that he sold half the country on the idea that he'd be a solid leader.  But we're seeing how ineffective that style is in times of crisis.  It would be like electing the snake oil salesman to be mayor of your town.  That's essentially what we have now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:20:39 PM by LunsJail » Logged

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3807 on: March 28, 2020, 01:52:37 PM »

He has actually said he wants the governors to treat him right or he won't call them. He has also instructed VP Pence not to call the Washington and Michigan governors for their criticism of his response to this pandemic. What a shitty human being you have to be to say something like that. No you treat them right. Your job is to help the states and keep the citizens safe. He is not doing that. He just yesterday invoked the DPA to order GM to make 100 million ventilators in 100 days.  Which will be too late for many. This is something he should've done 2 months ago at least!

I agree with you on that one, absolutely no need to go after state governors that need to be worked with to get help to that state's citizens. Dealing with people you do not like in a professional manner is part of life. You can complain about them when the cameras and microphone is off.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3808 on: March 29, 2020, 05:07:23 PM »

Cuomo would be great. He's handing the outbreak in New York like a leader should. Trump is showing what not to do.

you're in the minority on Trump. for the first time in his presidency in the ABC news poll, more americans approve of his performance than those who do not.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-coronavirus-disinformation-campaign-isnt-working-poll-says

Poll: Trump's approval on coronavirus drops after calls to 'reopen' economy

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/489920-poll-trumps-approval-on-coronavirus-drops-after-calls-to-reopen

I don't know about this brother

Yes his narcissism was/is not helpful and he's still a disgusting human being but there are two massive hospital ships landing on each coast, army core of engineers making hospital settings, Cuomo has already been quoted as saying the 4k ventilators sent earlier this week are not even in use because they "don't need them right now", yet he was screaming that the federal government had to send him 30k of these things immediately.

I think in most posts you slam the guy for killing people with late response , which is very hard to quantify , yet I don't believe (correct me if wrong) I've seen you talk about how many people were actually saved by him closing the border to China flights very very early - which is also impossible to quantify.

Just think we gotta put our extreme likes or hatred of this guy on hold right now and judge it all - the good and the bad   peace

Literally from the exact same ABC poll we're talking about...

58 percent of Americans said Trump was initially “too slow to take action to address the problem,”

Which is higher, mind you, than the single percentage point he scraped up to get a majority approval.

It's amazing how people follow only Trump's BS and never follow up on any of it by, oh I don't know, looking at Cuomo's response?

"The hospitals aren't at their apex. The hospitals have enough ventilators today. But the numbers are going up. So the point is, 'They're in a stockpile, you must not need them' is just ignorant. Of course you don't need them today. You need them when you hit the apex, which is 30,000. We're not there yet. [But we will in about 21 days]."

Trump only enlisted the Army Corps and those hospital ships WEEKS after Democrats had been BEGGING him to do it, and yet somehow he gets credit... SMH

Speaking of which...

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/fighting-coronavirus-u-s-military-could-help-more-if-trump-ncna1167976

The FACT that his slow response lead to more deaths is just a FACT. We don't know how many, but there is no question that less people would be dead if he had acted sooner and not disbanded our fucking pandemic response team!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3809 on: March 31, 2020, 10:55:04 PM »

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-the-uk/the-rise-of-coronavirus-hate-crimes

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3810 on: April 01, 2020, 12:46:51 AM »

The video Trump's lawyers don't want you to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkMwvmJLnc0

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #3811 on: April 01, 2020, 05:52:50 AM »

The numbers being discussed yesterday were mind-numbing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 06:30:24 AM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3812 on: April 01, 2020, 08:03:30 AM »

The numbers being discussed yesterday were mind-numbing.
Yep shit is about to get real like whoa. If only we were warned to do something 3 months ago, oh wait, we were.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3813 on: April 16, 2020, 06:09:34 PM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/fema-paid-bankrupt-company-no-employees-55-million-n95-masks-2020-4

The Trump administration paid a bankrupt company with zero employees $55 million for N95 masks, which it's never manufactured

sandman
Legend

« Reply #3814 on: April 17, 2020, 11:13:51 AM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/fema-paid-bankrupt-company-no-employees-55-million-n95-masks-2020-4

The Trump administration paid a bankrupt company with zero employees $55 million for N95 masks, which it's never manufactured

scary headline, carefully worded to anger liberals and have them share these links all over social media. clicks matter.

but as noted in the story:

"FEMA does not enter into contracts unless it has reason to believe they will be successfully executed. The required review led us to conclude that Panthera would able to deliver on their contract," the representative said. "As with any contract if the company cannot deliver or delivers sub-standard product, the agency can use legal means against a company."

The representative said that the ordered equipment hadn't arrived yet but that Panthera had provided written confirmation that the masks were in the shipping phase of delivery. The delivery is scheduled for April 23.

Since mid-March, the government has purchased more than $600 million worth of masks.

our government is dishing out TRILLIONS and taking advantage of a pandemic to fund all their special interests. Buying N95 masks is a good thing.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3815 on: April 18, 2020, 04:42:57 PM »

scary headline, carefully worded to anger liberals and have them share these links all over social media. clicks matter.

"FEMA does not enter into contracts unless it has reason to believe they will be successfully executed. The required review led us to conclude that Panthera would able to deliver on their contract," the representative said. "As with any contract if the company cannot deliver or delivers sub-standard product, the agency can use legal means against a company."

The representative said that the ordered equipment hadn't arrived yet but that Panthera had provided written confirmation that the masks were in the shipping phase of delivery. The delivery is scheduled for April 23.

Since mid-March, the government has purchased more than $600 million worth of masks.

our government is dishing out TRILLIONS and taking advantage of a pandemic to fund all their special interests. Buying N95 masks is a good thing.

As always, you carefully word and omit details to whitewash bad behavior.

Let's say they will deliver the masks. We are still paying a group with no experience 870% of the market rate for masks. Where is the fiscal responsibility?

sandman
Legend

« Reply #3816 on: April 19, 2020, 01:18:36 PM »

As always, you carefully word and omit details to whitewash bad behavior.

Let's say they will deliver the masks. We are still paying a group with no experience 870% of the market rate for masks. Where is the fiscal responsibility?

You are posting incorrect information, probably because you don’t understand economics. the market value is NOT $0.63 which is what you based your “870%” comment on. But again, thats the incorrect assumption the writer of the article wants its readers to fall for.

There is a supply and demand issue. That has pushed the market value of masks up to around $6.00. The $0.63 figure is what the government has paid 3M, an established producer of N95 masks. The administration went to 3M and purchased a huge order which will not be fully delivered for over a year.

But we need masks now (i.e. demand is high).  We are in a stressed scenario. 3M and other companies cannot produce the number of masks we need (i.e. the supply cannot meet the demand). When this happens, prices increase. This is why the current market value is around $6.

So FEMA went looking elsewhere and found 3rd parties that claimed to be able to secure millions of masks. Considering we are in desperate times, and there are no other producers we purchase them from, i’d argue it makes sense. We are not in any position to bargain and we need more masks ASAP.

FEMA has not paid any of these firms upfront. They will only pay once they verify the delivery of exactly what they ordered. So there is no risk at all.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3817 on: April 19, 2020, 01:40:32 PM »

Thank you for illustrating how Capitalism fucks us all precisely when we are most vulnerable. This price gouging is no different than the helicopter owner who passed up helping emergency responders in a crisis because the news crew offered a higher bid.

General Motors is producing ventilators AT COST. There has been no change in the actual material cost of producing masks. This is exploitation of a crisis, plain and simple. But it calls no attention because we are just that indoctrinated into a system built on exploitation that it's business as usual.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3818 on: April 19, 2020, 01:41:59 PM »

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/18/politics/fact-check-coronavirus-briefing-april-18/index.html

Lies kept a rollin'
All night long
Lies kept a rollin'
All night long
With a heave
And a ho

sandman
Legend

« Reply #3819 on: April 19, 2020, 07:50:47 PM »

Thank you for illustrating how Capitalism fucks us all precisely when we are most vulnerable. This price gouging is no different than the helicopter owner who passed up helping emergency responders in a crisis because the news crew offered a higher bid.

General Motors is producing ventilators AT COST. There has been no change in the actual material cost of producing masks. This is exploitation of a crisis, plain and simple. But it calls no attention because we are just that indoctrinated into a system built on exploitation that it's business as usual.

Capitalism is a different discussion on this matter. That was not your point, or the articles. I just wanted to correct your false statements, and clarify a misleading story.

3M and GM are great arguments FOR capitalism.

The company referenced in the article are not producing masks. They are essentially providing a service. So a comparison to what its costs 3M and honeywell doesn’t make any sense. But i agree the price sounds high and its unfortunate greed comes into play in the middle of a pandemic.

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: