Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 06:04:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228014 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 214568 times)
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #900 on: September 11, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »

This guys seems unstable.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #901 on: September 11, 2015, 03:28:09 PM »

He's not a celebrity or somebody in the public eye... He just happens to be related to a very famous person, so I'm sure that can be tiring...if people constantly badger you about a family member's life.

Anything he says... I don't care.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Princess Leia
« Reply #902 on: September 11, 2015, 03:30:38 PM »

He apologized

Ash Hudson
18 mins ?
I apologize to Axl and his legions of fans who were offended by my post of yesterday.
I am sorry I shot my mouth off, I know, or should know better than to get involved in GNR business. It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.
Unfortunately, my post was very offensive and upsetting to my brother, for which I apologize.
To the rest of the world,...I had one of these days when people kept asking me about a possible reunion and I had had enough...again my apologies

Is this real?  It doens't really scream sincere to me.  He still sounds like a douche.

Yes it is real. It comes from his FB. Anyway the important news is that Axl is on a diet and losing weight. That?s my Axl!!!!  Grin We are all with you on this one baby  ok
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #903 on: September 11, 2015, 03:50:18 PM »

This is coming form the part of me that blows everything out of proportion... but the following lines from Ash's apology when together like they are in his email is interesting to me:

"It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.
Unfortunately, my post was very offensive and upsetting to my brother, for which I apologize."

So he obviously caught flack from Slash, but did he hear from someone else? Did Slash tell him about the diet? OR is he just adding the diet part sort of tongue in cheek?

Sounds like trolling to me.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #904 on: September 11, 2015, 04:21:38 PM »

Like the fact that slash put him in his place for that comment

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #905 on: September 11, 2015, 04:59:55 PM »

Well I can only take Axl & especially Slash's silence on this whole thing to be a good thing.

Who knows what 2016 holds.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #906 on: September 11, 2015, 05:22:05 PM »

Would not be surprised to see them share the stage again. now a full blown reunion and tour. idk...

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #907 on: September 11, 2015, 05:37:41 PM »

He's not a celebrity or somebody in the public eye... He just happens to be related to a very famous person, so I'm sure that can be tiring...if people constantly badger you about a family member's life.

I think he's in dire need of one of these support groups:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfsHMuWn95I

Somebody call Frank Stallone.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #908 on: September 11, 2015, 06:21:15 PM »

Maybe this inspired Axl to reach out to bury the hatchet with Slash. Guarantee he saw it.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n_f_JOkU9E

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #909 on: September 11, 2015, 07:31:47 PM »

It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.

Unnecessary. Just like the "fat bastard" and "fat Elvis" comments. Can he remove those or take them out? Nope. He's certainly not helping.

Of course Slash didn't appreciate his comments about Axl.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #910 on: September 11, 2015, 08:17:53 PM »

One thing that you never want to do in life is comment on someone's physical appearance. It's wrong on many levels. You never know how karma will get back at you. I can take jokes, but once when someone makes a remark about my disability, I go into attack mode.

I'm glad to read that Slash put his brother in  his place. His brother was a moron for making those comments.   
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #911 on: September 11, 2015, 10:33:38 PM »

This whole situation is totally bizarre.

The brother's post reads like the equivalent of a drunk dial.  I guess this is him sobering up.

But, just for a second, let's assume these rantings of a clearly unstable man are true.  And let's say Axl is taking this time off to get back in kickass performing shape.

Is that actually better news than working in the studio?  Think about it.  If there is going to be a tour in some capacity, new songs or no, isn't it more important that he's ready to kill it? 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #912 on: September 12, 2015, 02:46:29 AM »

The brother's post reads like the equivalent of a drunk dial.  I guess this is him sobering up.

But, just for a second, let's assume these rantings of a clearly unstable man are true.  And let's say Axl is taking this time off to get back in kickass performing shape.

Is that actually better news than working in the studio?  Think about it.  If there is going to be a tour in some capacity, new songs or no, isn't it more important that he's ready to kill it? 

I can?t believe what you just said. Yes! Axl?s health and well being is by far much more important than any album. What if during some routine medical examination the doctors found out that something was wrong?

Axl could be on a strict diet because of some health problem. I hope that?s not the case but we can?t rule out anything
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #913 on: September 12, 2015, 07:18:43 AM »

good news are the camps are apparently communicating/stay in touch, and Axl is taking care of his health

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #914 on: September 12, 2015, 07:19:19 AM »

I don't get the uproar. Slashs brother was annoyed by people who were asking him about a possible reunion. so what?! it wasn't a press statement in any shape or form. he was just commenting one of the many reunion questions. sure, he shouldn't have get offensive against Axl but maybe he wasn't to fond of Axls cancer-comments or whatever...some people bear a grudge.
all these comments like "he's unstabil", "he wants to put himself into the limelight", "him and his stupid clothing line" (just paraphrasing) are f'n laughable. you don't know the guy. lots of people didn't even know he existed. he's just running his fashion label without using his well-known brother to promote himself. that's all and that's cool.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #915 on: September 12, 2015, 10:48:06 AM »

I don't get the uproar. Slashs brother was annoyed by people who were asking him about a possible reunion. so what?! it wasn't a press statement in any shape or form. he was just commenting one of the many reunion questions. sure, he shouldn't have get offensive against Axl but maybe he wasn't to fond of Axls cancer-comments or whatever...some people bear a grudge.
all these comments like "he's unstabil", "he wants to put himself into the limelight", "him and his stupid clothing line" (just paraphrasing) are f'n laughable. you don't know the guy. lots of people didn't even know he existed. he's just running his fashion label without using his well-known brother to promote himself. that's all and that's cool.

Perhaps Slash could take 5 seconds to throw a "shut the fuck up asshole!" to his brother next time?  Nip shit in the bud.  It's like these people never learn.  Don't let shit fester.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #916 on: September 12, 2015, 11:31:57 AM »

I can?t believe what you just said. Yes! Axl?s health and well being is by far much more important than any album. What if during some routine medical examination the doctors found out that something was wrong?

Axl could be on a strict diet because of some health problem. I hope that?s not the case but we can?t rule out anything

I might be misreading your statement (so sorry), but I think you are reading his statement incorrectly if you took it as being in the studio is more important. What he's saying is the most important thing is that Axl is in shape... He without question (fact not opinion) performs better when he is in good shape... just look at the differences between 06-10 and the times before and after that. He appeared to peak physically in 2007 and his performances and voice were better for it.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #917 on: September 12, 2015, 11:47:39 AM »

I might be misreading your statement (so sorry), but I think you are reading his statement incorrectly if you took it as being in the studio is more important. What he's saying is the most important thing is that Axl is in shape... He without question (fact not opinion) performs better when he is in good shape... just look at the differences between 06-10 and the times before and after that. He appeared to peak physically in 2007 and his performances and voice were better for it.

On average, I think you are right.  There are exceptions though.  Think back to the performance at the VMAs.  Axl was in great shape.  That said, I will agree with you, he's needed to get in better shape for a long time...but as all of us know, easier said than done when we're used to eating poorly.  A look back at GNR's riders over the years showed low-cal. healthy eating was not high on Axl's list of priorities.
And I don't see it through the prism of "appearance" so much as I see it as "hey Axl, give yourself another decade of life!"

He's always struck me as the kind of guy who works out hard, and eats what he wants.
That lasts while you're a teenager and into your early 30's.
After that, you've gotta watch what you eat.
Axl seems pretty resolute.  If he wants to do it, he'll do it...the question is, will he make his health a high priority or not?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #918 on: September 12, 2015, 01:43:49 PM »

I don't think he is in serious danger vis-a-vis his health, but Guns put on a pretty energetic show, and if you're going to be running around the stage for that long and you're not fit, you'll be out of breath and unable to sing properly. 

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #919 on: September 12, 2015, 02:32:41 PM »

Other than designing Slash's Snakepits debut 1994 album this his claim to fame...As for "being tiring" I'd bet he's taken full advantage of being Slash's brother over the past 30 years...

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: