Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:53:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 122175 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2015, 07:41:15 PM »

I think some will still find a reason to complain, regardless of what happens.

Especially if they play Las Vegas again!!  Hahaha some people here really have it out for that city. Reunion or not

I can just hear it now

Not Las Vegas!   Not this same old set list! 

Hahaha some people are just total stiffs

I thoroughly enjoyed both residencies, wasn't that mortis that had the Vegas allergy?

I enjoyed them as well

They guys name who always complained about it escapes me....

However I hope we are lucky enough to have another one of his 6 year exiles from this website

Fingers crossed for that Baconman, there are more than enough of those types around lately.

What are your thoughts on any supposed Reunion?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2015, 08:08:23 PM »

Especially if they play Las Vegas again!!  Hahaha some people here really have it out for that city. Reunion or not

I can just hear it now

I thoroughly enjoyed both residencies, wasn't that mortis that had the Vegas allergy?

I enjoyed them as well

However I hope we are lucky enough to have another one of his 6 year exiles from this website

Fingers crossed for that Baconman, there are more than enough of those types around lately.

I am sure there will be one of some sorts on the future sometime.   Not anytime soon though
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2015, 09:13:53 PM »

I can just hear it now

I enjoyed them as well

I am sure there will be one of some sorts on the future sometime.   Not anytime soon though

You may be right Bacon  ok

I just saw Billy Joel at msg, would love to see GNR there.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2015, 10:12:46 PM »

Not sure I agree here.

We all started from the same base.  Fans of the 5 guys that made AFD, which most of us would rank as our favorite album ever.

If that all got put back together, I think the happy dwarf the unhappy.  Most people would just be happy.  There would be a sense we were all unified fans again, hokey as that sounds.

Some like NuGNR, but all like classic GNR.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2015, 11:18:29 PM »

Not sure I agree here.

We all started from the same base.  Fans of the 5 guys that made AFD, which most of us would rank as our favorite album ever.

If that all got put back together, I think the happy dwarf the unhappy.  Most people would just be happy.  There would be a sense we were all unified fans again, hokey as that sounds.

Theoretically speaking, you may be right but I still maintain there is a certain contingent that would find fault with any arrangement, whether it was the lineup, the setlist, the choice of venue etc-

The mouthy minority addicted to whining and complaining was cultivated in the anonimity of the internet and didn't really exist in the late 80's and early 90's.

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2015, 12:46:03 AM »

Not sure I agree here.

There are actually a lot of fans that didn't start of in the original era. 
That became fans durring the 2000s

You assume way to much and try to lump people into way to many short cited categories
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2015, 01:02:21 AM »

There are actually a lot of fans that didn't start of in the original era. 

That became fans durring the 2000s

You assume way to much and try to lump people into way to many short cited categories

Though I'm sure you'd agree that there isn't exactly a shortage of fans of the classic line-up.

Nor people sitting out the past 20 years on the sidelines, ready to pounce if it broke that way.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2015, 02:50:18 PM »

As i have spread the news of the slash & axl thing to the old fans,they have gone APE for a reunion.

AS i have support this new band and have seen them in 2006 and 2010 and buy their record i would love a reunion and i would love Slash,Duff,Izzy and Steven or matt or both to place their hands in Axl songs and lets see what they can create.

I would love to see Axl singing like 2010 in that hypotetical situation.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2015, 04:10:14 PM »

I've gotten a bunch of texts and FB messages too.  And these are people that only talk about the band in the past tense.

I share your opinion that if there was some longshot Hollywood ending, I would hope that (at least) 2010 Axl shows up.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2015, 05:33:06 PM »

If I were to have a reunion, I could do without both matt sorum and steven adler and I would keep Frank.

izzy and slash could replace ashba and bumblefoot. And Duff is so cool, that I think he wouldnt mind sharing with Tommy.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »

I think a reunion would be awesome if it means that everybody involved really wants to. And I'd be the first one to book a plane ticket no matter where they decide to play the first gig.

I have a hard time believing it will happen tho...

And that said, all I really want is more GN'R no matter what they come up with or who's in the band.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2015, 06:30:04 PM »

There are a lot of "ifs" there Spirit. Wink

Don't underestimate those "ifs" there Will.... as we've always known, "ifs" alone have the power to drag a thread past 25 pages and through weeks of posts that nobody could possibly be bothered to read through!   Cool
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2015, 10:24:25 AM »

For the past 15 years, pretty much all my close friends made fun of me for supporting GNR after Slash and Duff left.

I have supported GNR for over 25 years now. I've bought and given away more than 20 copies of Chinese Democracy. I have taken some of my friend to see a shows from the 2006-2010-2012 legs. I have always, always defended Axl Rose and any GNR lineup for that matter. Always believed.

Now, would I welcome a reunion? Fuck yes, I would.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2015, 10:40:46 AM »

For the past 15 years, pretty much all my close friends made fun of me for supporting GNR after Slash and Duff left.

Mine treat me like I had a death in the family. 

You still following GNR?  Such a shame what happened there.  How you doing with it?  You OK?

They also incessantly ask me about a reunion.  I'd welcome it just to stop all the questions.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2015, 10:44:11 AM »

If I were to have a reunion, I could do without both matt sorum and steven adler and I would keep Frank.

izzy and slash could replace ashba and bumblefoot. And Duff is so cool, that I think he wouldnt mind sharing with Tommy.

Honestly don't have any faith whatsoever that Adler could be on tour without relapsing, and he is a real pr liability.

"Shut the fuck up."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2015, 10:47:45 AM »

I have supported GNR for over 25 years now. I've bought and given away more than 20 copies of Chinese Democracy. I have taken some of my friend to see a shows from the 2006-2010-2012 legs. I have always, always defended Axl Rose and any GNR lineup for that matter. Always believed.

Same here. Ultimately, I'd love to see a reunion of some sort with Slash involved of course. I was a bit too young to see the AFD or UYI lineups, so I'd cherish the chance albeit 25 or so years later. I'm still not convinced it'll happen, but I do hope that they're at least on better terms. I did make the trip to Cleveland to see the HOF performance with Myles. It was great to see Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt, and Gilby perform together. Obviously something was missing though. No offense to Myles. Would also love to see Izzy perform with GNR too. Never had the pleasure.

At the same time, I'd love to hear the Chinese leftovers, and hope that's in the cards in the near future. My dream scenario would be for that to happen in the next year. Hopefully they can tour the album properly, maybe even a little promotion. I'd love it if they could get Robin and Bucket back onboard to showcase the material they helped create. Then, down the line, some sort of a reunion. Whether it's for one show, a full blown tour, new music. Whatever I can get, I'll take.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2015, 10:53:40 AM »

Honestly don't have any faith whatsoever that Adler could be on tour without relapsing, and he is a real pr liability.

As far as the drummers go, I think every Guns drummer is an excellent drummer, but in terms of style/sound, to me, Matt is least like the others.  So if Adler is not realistic for a reunion (and he isn't), then I think they may as well stick with Frank. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2015, 10:55:42 AM »

Could not agree more.

And some people call that heartless, but this is a business.  He's a total loose cannon and too unreliable for a big operation.

And I'm just talking about him shooting off his mouth.  That's not even getting into what happens once you take him back on the road with money in his pocket.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2015, 10:58:33 AM »

Same here. Ultimately, I'd love to see a reunion of some sort with Slash involved of course. I was a bit too young to see the AFD or UYI lineups, so I'd cherish the chance albeit 25 or so years later. I'm still not convinced it'll happen, but I do hope that they're at least on better terms. I did make the trip to Cleveland to see the HOF performance with Myles. It was great to see Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt, and Gilby perform together. Obviously something was missing though. No offense to Myles. Would also love to see Izzy perform with GNR too. Never had the pleasure.

At the same time, I'd love to hear the Chinese leftovers, and hope that's in the cards in the near future. My dream scenario would be for that to happen in the next year. Hopefully they can tour the album properly, maybe even a little promotion. I'd love it if they could get Robin and Bucket back onboard to showcase the material they helped create. Then, down the line, some sort of a reunion. Whether it's for one show, a full blown tour, new music. Whatever I can get, I'll take.

I'm right there with both of these posts. It would be a real shame to see cd2 pushed to the side , but I would also really cherish a chance to see Axl Slash Duff and Izzy do something together. It would be great to get both.

With the band in flux due to Ron and Ashba departing and Tommy doing other things, now seems as good a time as any.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:00:20 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2015, 11:01:18 AM »

Could not agree more.

And some people call that heartless, but this is a business.  He's a total loose cannon and too unreliable for a big operation.

And I'm just talking about him shooting off his mouth.  That's not even getting into what happens once you take him back on the road with money in his pocket.

I'm honestly not being cruel, and I hope his supposed newfound sobriety becomes a lifestyle choice- but-

Do I believe him? No
Do I think he can finish a tour? No
Can he ever be trusted not to blurt out whatever he thinks? No

Walking liability.

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: