Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:05:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler on Jasta Show podcast
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler on Jasta Show podcast  (Read 6409 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« on: September 03, 2015, 11:05:17 AM »

Listening to it now. 

https://soundcloud.com/jameyjasta/episode-119-steven-adler-adler-guns-n-roses
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 04:25:43 PM »

Started listening to it.  Interesting.  Funny to hear that Steven really believes Axl and Slash are actually talking again.   hihi

Thanks for posting!   ok
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:03:20 AM by Bridge » Logged
Princess Leia
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 04:33:54 AM »

That was a great interview! I really like the part when he talks about recording the demos of UYI albums. His favorite UYI song is YCBM. If he likes it he should still perform it in his shows. Why not? And he gave a very accurate explanation about the difference between him and Sorum
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 09:19:30 AM »

Yeah I liked it a lot too.  Very candid interview.  I was bummed that I completely forgot about Steven's show in Queens last Saturday.  I wanted him to sign my AFD record.  It sounds like he might not be coming back this way anytime soon  Undecided
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 02:11:45 PM »

that interview was great! Jasta is a class act and so is steven. Good to see he's doing alright. I'm sure if a reunion happens he will get a phone call. We all love his playing and he def is the master of the true Gn'r Sound when it comes to playing drums.

Chinese Democracy!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 04:21:14 PM »

Wow, what character.  Must have been both fun and torture to be on the road with. 

Are you vegan or vegetarian? --- I'm half and half.

Also...

I want to die on my terms, not the government's terms.

On how he knows whether a drum machine is used on any given song:  Cause it's too perfect.  Either a drum machine did it or Matt Sorum played on it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 04:34:54 PM by GeorgeSteele » Logged
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 12:12:34 PM »

On how he knows whether a drum machine is used on any given song:  Cause it's too perfect.  Either a drum machine did it or Matt Sorum played on it.

And let us understand that Steven was just ribbing Matt Sorum when he said that.  Apparently the two have a rapport where they kid each other back and forth about their drumming styles.  Just adding that before anybody starts talking about Steven's mouth.
Princess Leia
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 01:38:15 PM »

Listen to this!!! I would call it The Holy Grail  beer

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212574-adler-playing-uyi-tracks-rare/

I can?t believe that band members and people in general have said Adler couldn?t play the UYI song. Two of my all time favorite songs  (Don?t Damn Me and Locomotive) sound amazing with Adler on drums  Grin
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 01:50:12 PM »

I can?t believe that band members and people in general have said Adler couldn?t play the UYI song. Two of my all time favorite songs  (Don?t Damn Me and Locomotive) sound amazing with Adler on drums  Grin

Yes, and there are even more UYI songs than those that were recorded with Steven as demos.  I've got a bootleg CD full of them.

Also, there were live performances from 1986-1988 such as "Perfect Crime", "Yesterdays", and "Back Off Bitch" that Steven played live.  Steven was indeed the true GNR drummer.
Princess Leia
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 01:58:52 PM »

I only heard Don?t Cry and Back Of Bitch from 80?s shows. I didn?t know about the others. But what I like about this bootleg is that is all instrumental except Dust N?Bones. So it helps me to pay more attention to the drums and how the band sounded
overmatik
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 08:51:11 AM »

Thanks for the links with the demos. I specially liked Bad Obsession with Izzy on vocals. I wish there were more demos with him singing.  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 08:58:42 AM »

Maybe those people said it because this was in 1989 and Civil War was done in 1990?
Meaning, Civil War was pieced together from multiple takes. Do you think they would've done that if they didn't have to?

It's possible that things went downhill....

But yes, the demos do offer a glimpse into what might have been if things didn't go as they did.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 09:29:43 AM »

So funny you say that, Don't Damn Me was without question my favorite GNR song in summer 1994.  I was at a basketball tournament down in Memphis and I wore out the batteries in my Walkman listening to it over and over again.  That whole summer of 1994 it was THE GNR song I listened to on repeat.  After that I still liked the song but never as much as that.  I still rock it occasionally and it reminds me of that summer. 
Princess Leia
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 01:56:39 PM »

Maybe those people said it because this was in 1989 and Civil War was done in 1990?
Meaning, Civil War was pieced together from multiple takes. Do you think they would've done that if they didn't have to?

It's possible that things went downhill....

But yes, the demos do offer a glimpse into what might have been if things didn't go as they did.....

/jarmo

I guess Adler needed more help and time back in the day to put himself together. And all he got was an ultimatum and that extra pressure only made things worst. And neither Geffen nor Niven wanted to delay the albums. Axl wasn?t ready for 91 either. He has said that himself.

Anyway in an eventual reunion I think Adler won?t have much trouble performing Civil War and the other UYI songs
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 08:07:15 PM »

Not that I expect a reunion, but or argument's sake, let's say the so-called core (Axl, Slash, Duff) get back together, I do not expect Steve to get a phone call.

Axl noted in an interview that there's too much drama with the guy and his mom. And, hell, he didn't get a call for the VR gig.

I just don't see it, but, who knows . . .
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 07:23:06 AM »

Not that I expect a reunion, but or argument's sake, let's say the so-called core (Axl, Slash, Duff) get back together, I do not expect Steve to get a phone call.

Axl noted in an interview that there's too much drama with the guy and his mom. And, hell, he didn't get a call for the VR gig.

I just don't see it, but, who knows . . .

I fear not getting a phone call would completely destroy Steven. He's been hungrier for a reunion than anyone on the planet.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 01:18:32 PM »

I do not expect Steve to get a phone call.
Axl noted in an interview that there's too much drama with the guy and his mom.

Yeah?  Well Axl called Slash a liar, a cancer, and a whore for the limelight.  If you're suggesting there's more animosity between Axl/Steven than Axl/Slash, you're sorely mistaken.  If Axl and Slash can mend fences, than Axl and Steven would be easy.  Remember, Axl and Steven actually met once (in 2006) and spent the evening talking and drinking wine together.

he did not get a call for that vr gig

That's because Matt Sorum initiated the VR gig.  He reached out to Duff and Slash to get something started, and that's been documented.  They're not going to hire another drummer when a drummer started the band to begin with.

I fear not getting a phone call would completely destroy Steven. He's been hungrier for a reunion than anyone on the planet.

Yeah, and considering that Steven and Slash are still close friends -- and considering that Slash counts losing Steven as one of the initial demises of GNR -- I seriously doubt that Slash would ignore Steven on a reunion.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 01:24:15 PM by Bridge » Logged
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 03:40:12 PM »

I do not expect Steve to get a phone call.
Axl noted in an interview that there's too much drama with the guy and his mom.

Yeah?  Well Axl called Slash a liar, a cancer, and a whore for the limelight.  If you're suggesting there's more animosity between Axl/Steven than Axl/Slash, you're sorely mistaken.  If Axl and Slash can mend fences, than Axl and Steven would be easy.  Remember, Axl and Steven actually met once (in 2006) and spent the evening talking and drinking wine together.

I'm not suggesting there is more animosity, but rather they're different situations. I'll probably get flamed for this statement, but, well . . . Slash certainly appears to have a few more brain cells left, and has been on tour for years, whereas Steven hasn't, and, quite frankly, he sounds like he's been dropped on his head. Could this guy actually pull it together for something as big as a GnR large arena tour? I doubt it.

And, again, there's his mom whom Axl singled out as a reason why it would be a pain in the ass.

Anyway, I don't think any of it will happen as it will take way too many lawyers to get a reunion rolling.

On a side note, I wasn't aware that VR was started by Matt, so that makes sense.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: