Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:33:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Just come clean
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just come clean  (Read 5798 times)
GNRMTL
Headliner

« on: September 15, 2015, 04:28:42 PM »

It's so redundant already.  I get it. Axl doesn't owe the world anything, free will.  But where is the loyalty to the fans that have shown it to you in spades.  Soon shouldn't be the word. Someone in the camp should just come clean with who's in the band and what guns are up to.  There is no alure of danger or mystique just the same old.  Kill the rumors and own the game. Silence isn't always golden.

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 04:46:08 PM »

There should be a shock collar that zaps any band members and/or GNR management when they use the word "soon" whilst speaking to the fans.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 04:50:30 PM »

Its really ridiculous. Where is the harm in letting us know what the status quo is?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 04:51:08 PM »

Axl's on a strict diet losing weight.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 04:56:25 PM »

Wow GNRMTL must be new. lol. How long before this thread gets shut down?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 05:04:36 PM »

When there is official news to announce, it will be announced- Is that so difficult a concept to comprehend?

Fernando said there would be news in a few months, chill.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 05:07:43 PM »

Well, how about updates? Telling who is in, who is out? The facts are here but gnr havent said one word about it. Its a joke and i understand why its seen as disrespectful to fans

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 05:10:00 PM »

There out to get me , I'm fucking innocent so you can suck me.  Take that one to heart

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »

Well, how about updates? Telling who is in, who is out?

Who's in for what? The current break? Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 05:15:26 PM »

It's a poorly run operation that just happens to, very sporadically, create a product we all enjoy.

The thread author here's points are obviously valid, but...eh, who has the energy anymore?

Doesn't buy you anything but a lecture anyway.  It's always going to be easier to start talking about the poster than addressing what is said about topic at hand.  So it becomes about you and what you are about, because godforfuckingbid we try and put lipstick on the pig that is this band's "outreach" efforts.

Ultimately, Emily is right.  You might as well just sit around.  They aren't going to magically get their shit together, completely out of nowhere, after all this time.

This is the business we've chosen.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 05:23:06 PM »

The only problem I see is Frank and Richard talking about 2016. They shouldn?t because of the current uncertainty.
Tommy says "we left" What "we" means? Dizzy said "whatever happens, happens" when it comes to reunion. That?s far from denying.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 05:24:18 PM »

The only problem I see is Frank and Richard talking about 2016. They shouldn?t because of the current uncertainty.
Tommy says "we left" What "we" means? Dizzy said "whatever happens, happens" when it comes to reunion. That?s far from denying.

Reeeeaaaaalllllly got to work overtime to keep insisting everything is still fine and nothing to see here.

There are fewer of them left with each passing defection.  But god bless 'em, I just read some that are still fighting that fight.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 05:32:15 PM »

When did AC/DC announce who was gonna play drums on their world tour?
It was after Chris Slade had already played at the Grammys with them!

Bad management eh?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 05:37:25 PM »

Reeeeaaaaalllllly got to work overtime to keep insisting everything is still fine and nothing to see here.

There are fewer of them left with each passing defection.  But god bless 'em, I just read some that are still fighting that fight.

Are they asked by Axl or management to talk about 2016? If so they should ask for some sort of insurance before talking. If they talk about 2016 only to get interviews, pretend they matter and promote themselves, It is still wrong from their part. Either way  they make a fool of themselves.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 08:39:55 AM »

I'm not looking to blame management or Axl or anybody else.

As a fan of this whatever you want to call it... of the brand Guns N Roses and a lot of the people who have been involved over the years... I find it shitty that I cant identify ANY band member other than Axl , and most likely Dizzy.

With three basically confirmed departures... what is Guns N Roses today ?

Some clarity on what GNR is and who is in it would be appreciated.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 09:36:16 AM »

Fair question.

Is someone asked you that, what would you say?  "When they have something to announce, they'll announce it"

This would be your answer as to who is in the band?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 09:52:20 AM »

Fair question.

Is someone asked you that, what would you say?  "When they have something to announce, they'll announce it"

This would be your answer as to who is in the band?

Well they leave you no choice to answer the question that way.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 11:22:39 AM »

As a fan of this whatever you want to call it... of the brand Guns N Roses and a lot of the people who have been involved over the years... I find it shitty that I cant identify ANY band member other than Axl , and most likely Dizzy.

Fair enough.

I still don't understand what it would achieve?

"These are the guys in the band, those guys left. We got nothing that we can announce at the moment. Thanks".
That's what you want?

Haven't we been through this same stuff every single year?

Richard was announced a few days before his first shows, Ron was on stage when people realized he was in the band.
Brain getting replaced mid-tour by Frank wasn't announced months ahead.

The announcement regarding Dj was done before anything else was announced.

They've obviously tried both and the results have pretty much been the same. You can't please everybody...

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 11:44:48 AM »

Fair enough.

I still don't understand what it would achieve?

"These are the guys in the band, those guys left. We got nothing that we can announce at the moment. Thanks".
That's what you want?

Haven't we been through this same stuff every single year?

Richard was announced a few days before his first shows, Ron was on stage when people realized he was in the band.
Brain getting replaced mid-tour by Frank wasn't announced months ahead.

The announcement regarding Dj was done before anything else was announced.

They've obviously tried both and the results have pretty much been the same. You can't please everybody...

/jarmo

I understand, I was just speaking from my personal perspective. I find it annoying that we have no clue who is in or out.. we all assume Richard and Frank are on board based off their comments, but who knows really and obviously others put a stamp on their departures.

It's clear there is no band in place yet, now I won't lose any sleep tonight over it, but it sure isn't my preference.

Is a reunion being hashed out? Obviously that would explain the secrecy if it was.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: