Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:40:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who you think/want will replace DJ and BBF
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who you think/want will replace DJ and BBF  (Read 15939 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« on: September 18, 2015, 09:09:38 AM »

For me I would love to see Buckethead back but don't think it will happen. Zakk Wylde could be an option.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:16:44 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 09:18:47 AM »

I feel they should only replace them with 1 guitar... and anything short of Robin (and I'm not a huge fan) or Slash is a failure. You can't continue the parade of random stunt guitarists and passable lead players that no one has ever heard of before and take this group seriously as anything but a tribute band. Forget the AFD and UYI catalog, we are 2 generations past anyone who had anything to do with CD being in the band (sure BBF contributed some fretless guitar and fills).
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 09:42:14 AM »

I feel they should only replace them with 1 guitar...

I also thought about this. It feels somehow quite ok.

You can't continue the parade of random stunt guitarists and passable lead players that no one has ever heard of before and take this group seriously as anything but a tribute band.

Dude...Buckethead, (he truly became divine after gnr), Robin (NIN), BBF and DJAsbha are NOT randoms.

Richard (and Paul) are maybe on a diferent level but he was a respetable and somewhat successful session-guitarists pre-gnr.

Edit:
Tributeband...ok, then I gonna call Slash a parodyguy since he stole scom-intro off from circus-music. /flameshield on Grin
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:47:00 AM by norway » Logged

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 09:55:22 AM »

I feel they should only replace them with 1 guitar...

I also thought about this. It feels somehow quite ok.

You can't continue the parade of random stunt guitarists and passable lead players that no one has ever heard of before and take this group seriously as anything but a tribute band.

Dude...Buckethead, (he truly became divine after gnr), Robin (NIN), BBF and DJAsbha are NOT randoms.

Richard (and Paul) are maybe on a diferent level but he was a respetable and somewhat successful session-guitarists pre-gnr.

Edit:
Tributeband...ok, then I gonna call Slash a parodyguy since he stole scom-intro off from circus-music. /flameshield on Grin

I meant guitarists 10 and 11 in the history of the band (yet to be named)... BUT you are giving BBF, Ashba, Paul, and Richard a little too much credit... Sure if you were an engineer looking to get someone to play a little guitar for the next Backstreet Boys album you may have known Richard. However the random average album buying, Pandora listening, ticket buying public has never heard of any of them... Even Robin was not a household name before GnR (and I would argue he still isn't) he was funny looking guy to the left behind Trent on stage nothing more. Outside of a random song on the soundtrack to a movie no one watched, no one had heard a song he contributed to before CD was released.

Bucket became divine after GnR??? What has he done, other than continue to release albums that no one buys (which he did before GnR). He gained about 10 or 20 thousand hardcore GnR fans, but do you think anyone who was watching the VMA's waiting for Guns N Roses to play (that isn't on these forums) then saw him on stage for the first time walked away from that and said I have to find more of that? He is what he was before GnR and that was a cult guitar player with a small segment of people.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:00:43 AM by C0ma » Logged
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »

Even Robin was not a household name before GnR

So this is how we rate it now?

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 10:12:39 AM »

Duff for sure, Slash maybe. ok
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 10:22:43 AM »

Even Robin was not a household name before GnR

So this is how we rate it now?

It's what I meant by Random... You can grab a kid from the Berkley School of Music in Boston (Home of Joe Satriani) who is probably the most technically proficient guitar player in the last 20 years... he would be a random (who no one has heard of). Especially if he is just there to play other peoples songs live... which is my whole point, adding guitarist #10 and 11 in the history of the band playing material from people who have been out of the band for a decade or more is the definition of a tribute band.

Even Axl didn't really know who Robin was when he saw him at Cirque.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 10:28:07 AM »

Bucket became divine after GnR??? What has he done, other than continue to release albums that no one buys (which he did before GnR). He gained about 10 or 20 thousand hardcore GnR fans, but do you think anyone who was watching the VMA's waiting for Guns N Roses to play (that isn't on these forums) then saw him on stage for the first time walked away from that and said I have to find more of that? He is what he was before GnR and that was a cult guitar player with a small segment of people.
actually lots of random people learned about him through GNR.
When ppl see my KFC bucket in the living room... they know what its about Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »

Slash
We don't need another two new guitar players that nobody knows and will leave the band eventually after 6 years. That shit is done.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 11:16:05 AM »

Slash you'll see will all see.  It's happening 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:24:13 AM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 11:42:13 AM »

Not that they should be relegated to pop, but he actually has more YT-views (based on my own research) than new gnr (pardon the naming) after he left.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 11:56:19 AM »

When ppl see my KFC bucket in the living room... they know what its about Cheesy

They know the act... no one (obviously I don't mean that literally) could name a song he performs by himself or with one if his random projects like Bernies Bucket of Brains...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2015, 12:10:16 PM »

They know the act... no one (obviously I don't mean that literally) could name a song he performs by himself or with one if his random projects like Bernies Bucket of Brains...

Can they name a song Slash performs by himself or with one of his random projects?

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 12:29:02 PM »

If I was Axl I would think about only one lead guitarist, probably a guy (or a woman) combining the sexy attitude of DJ and the virtuosity of Ron.

Robin was my ideal candidate and still is but well...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 01:30:50 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

You're not a real GN'R fan. You just liked that stupid hair metal lineup from the 80s. Get over it! Slash, Duff and Addled are never coming back to stop Axl. Axl's vision will finally unfold now that he's free of all the fake band members who tried to bring him down.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 01:52:18 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

You're not a real GN'R fan. You just liked that stupid hair metal lineup from the 80s. Get over it! Slash, Duff and Addled are never coming back to stop Axl. Axl's vision will finally unfold now that he's free of all the fake band members who tried to bring him down.

GNR was never hair metal, what is your game here?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 01:54:23 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

GN'R is considered hair/glam metal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glam_metal
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 01:56:44 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

I don't care what wikipedia says, GNR was never hair metal and those around at the time are well aware of it and don't need any history lessons from later generations.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 02:05:56 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

I don't care what wikipedia says, GNR was never hair metal and those around at the time are well aware of it and don't need any history lessons from later generations.

Sorry, but they were absolutely hair metal.  Rock influenced by punk bands like Hanoi Rock and the New York Dolls?  Yeah, that doesn't sound like GnR at all...and this isn't a history lesson from a later generation, btw.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: