Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:00:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227756 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who you think/want will replace DJ and BBF
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who you think/want will replace DJ and BBF  (Read 16052 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« on: September 18, 2015, 09:09:38 AM »

For me I would love to see Buckethead back but don't think it will happen. Zakk Wylde could be an option.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:16:44 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 09:18:47 AM »

I feel they should only replace them with 1 guitar... and anything short of Robin (and I'm not a huge fan) or Slash is a failure. You can't continue the parade of random stunt guitarists and passable lead players that no one has ever heard of before and take this group seriously as anything but a tribute band. Forget the AFD and UYI catalog, we are 2 generations past anyone who had anything to do with CD being in the band (sure BBF contributed some fretless guitar and fills).
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 09:42:14 AM »

I feel they should only replace them with 1 guitar...

I also thought about this. It feels somehow quite ok.

You can't continue the parade of random stunt guitarists and passable lead players that no one has ever heard of before and take this group seriously as anything but a tribute band.

Dude...Buckethead, (he truly became divine after gnr), Robin (NIN), BBF and DJAsbha are NOT randoms.

Richard (and Paul) are maybe on a diferent level but he was a respetable and somewhat successful session-guitarists pre-gnr.

Edit:
Tributeband...ok, then I gonna call Slash a parodyguy since he stole scom-intro off from circus-music. /flameshield on Grin
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:47:00 AM by norway » Logged

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 09:55:22 AM »

I feel they should only replace them with 1 guitar...

I also thought about this. It feels somehow quite ok.

You can't continue the parade of random stunt guitarists and passable lead players that no one has ever heard of before and take this group seriously as anything but a tribute band.

Dude...Buckethead, (he truly became divine after gnr), Robin (NIN), BBF and DJAsbha are NOT randoms.

Richard (and Paul) are maybe on a diferent level but he was a respetable and somewhat successful session-guitarists pre-gnr.

Edit:
Tributeband...ok, then I gonna call Slash a parodyguy since he stole scom-intro off from circus-music. /flameshield on Grin

I meant guitarists 10 and 11 in the history of the band (yet to be named)... BUT you are giving BBF, Ashba, Paul, and Richard a little too much credit... Sure if you were an engineer looking to get someone to play a little guitar for the next Backstreet Boys album you may have known Richard. However the random average album buying, Pandora listening, ticket buying public has never heard of any of them... Even Robin was not a household name before GnR (and I would argue he still isn't) he was funny looking guy to the left behind Trent on stage nothing more. Outside of a random song on the soundtrack to a movie no one watched, no one had heard a song he contributed to before CD was released.

Bucket became divine after GnR??? What has he done, other than continue to release albums that no one buys (which he did before GnR). He gained about 10 or 20 thousand hardcore GnR fans, but do you think anyone who was watching the VMA's waiting for Guns N Roses to play (that isn't on these forums) then saw him on stage for the first time walked away from that and said I have to find more of that? He is what he was before GnR and that was a cult guitar player with a small segment of people.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:00:43 AM by C0ma » Logged
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »

Even Robin was not a household name before GnR

So this is how we rate it now?

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 10:12:39 AM »

Duff for sure, Slash maybe. ok
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 10:22:43 AM »

It's what I meant by Random... You can grab a kid from the Berkley School of Music in Boston (Home of Joe Satriani) who is probably the most technically proficient guitar player in the last 20 years... he would be a random (who no one has heard of). Especially if he is just there to play other peoples songs live... which is my whole point, adding guitarist #10 and 11 in the history of the band playing material from people who have been out of the band for a decade or more is the definition of a tribute band.

Even Axl didn't really know who Robin was when he saw him at Cirque.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 10:28:07 AM »

Bucket became divine after GnR??? What has he done, other than continue to release albums that no one buys (which he did before GnR). He gained about 10 or 20 thousand hardcore GnR fans, but do you think anyone who was watching the VMA's waiting for Guns N Roses to play (that isn't on these forums) then saw him on stage for the first time walked away from that and said I have to find more of that? He is what he was before GnR and that was a cult guitar player with a small segment of people.
actually lots of random people learned about him through GNR.
When ppl see my KFC bucket in the living room... they know what its about Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »

Slash
We don't need another two new guitar players that nobody knows and will leave the band eventually after 6 years. That shit is done.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 11:16:05 AM »

Slash you'll see will all see.  It's happening 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:24:13 AM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 11:42:13 AM »

Not that they should be relegated to pop, but he actually has more YT-views (based on my own research) than new gnr (pardon the naming) after he left.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 11:56:19 AM »

When ppl see my KFC bucket in the living room... they know what its about Cheesy

They know the act... no one (obviously I don't mean that literally) could name a song he performs by himself or with one if his random projects like Bernies Bucket of Brains...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2015, 12:10:16 PM »

They know the act... no one (obviously I don't mean that literally) could name a song he performs by himself or with one if his random projects like Bernies Bucket of Brains...

Can they name a song Slash performs by himself or with one of his random projects?

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 12:29:02 PM »

If I was Axl I would think about only one lead guitarist, probably a guy (or a woman) combining the sexy attitude of DJ and the virtuosity of Ron.

Robin was my ideal candidate and still is but well...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 01:30:50 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

You're not a real GN'R fan. You just liked that stupid hair metal lineup from the 80s. Get over it! Slash, Duff and Addled are never coming back to stop Axl. Axl's vision will finally unfold now that he's free of all the fake band members who tried to bring him down.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 01:52:18 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

You're not a real GN'R fan. You just liked that stupid hair metal lineup from the 80s. Get over it! Slash, Duff and Addled are never coming back to stop Axl. Axl's vision will finally unfold now that he's free of all the fake band members who tried to bring him down.

GNR was never hair metal, what is your game here?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 01:54:23 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

GN'R is considered hair/glam metal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glam_metal
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 01:56:44 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

I don't care what wikipedia says, GNR was never hair metal and those around at the time are well aware of it and don't need any history lessons from later generations.

"Shut the fuck up."
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 02:05:56 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

I don't care what wikipedia says, GNR was never hair metal and those around at the time are well aware of it and don't need any history lessons from later generations.

Sorry, but they were absolutely hair metal.  Rock influenced by punk bands like Hanoi Rock and the New York Dolls?  Yeah, that doesn't sound like GnR at all...and this isn't a history lesson from a later generation, btw.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 02:12:13 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

Sorry, but they were absolutely hair metal.  Rock influenced by punk bands like Hanoi Rock and the New York Dolls?  Yeah, that doesn't sound like GnR at all...and this isn't a history lesson from a later generation, btw.

Sorry but opinions vary-

Not hair metal at all, anti-hair metal if anything. Maybe early on some would have classified them as hair metal but it became apparent they were distinctly another animal.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:18:42 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2015, 02:21:36 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

Exactly right. 

To be honest, I took that post as a wind up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015, 02:22:46 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

Exactly right. 

To be honest, I took that post as a wind up.

So did I, very obviously disingenuous  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2015, 02:45:28 PM »

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

Sorry but opinions vary-

Not hair metal at all, anti-hair metal if anything. Maybe early on some would have classified them as hair metal but it became apparent they were distinctly another animal.

I agree they are more than hair metal...but that's how they started.  Others (Poison, Crue, etc.) never really moved on from that.  Guns evolved and became more than just a hair metal band (not sure why that's really a put down, btw) but their roots are clear, IMO.
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 03:14:20 PM »

All these topics are the same  with different subject titles.  The truth of the matter is the guitarist is slash the guy on bass is duff the red head is gonna be singing hiss ass off.  Who's  in the rest of the mix will see. But you'll see will  all see. And guns aren't a glam hair  band. Whom ever thinks that is a tool .
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:16:24 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 05:16:43 PM »

Slash and Duff. GNR was NEVER a hair band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 06:02:43 PM »

Reading some of these replies.... I don't think some of you read the subject line.

Or am I missing something?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 06:06:05 PM »

Can they name a song Slash performs by himself or with one of his random projects?
Are you counting Velvet Revolver... if so than yes, MANY more people will be able to name one of those songs.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2015, 12:23:28 PM »

Reading some of these comments? I can't help but to agree. It took a while for me to like Robin but by the time he had a beard I already loved him and fully embraced him! Buckethead was hard to swallow, but I accepted him because I thought he had the skills that Axl Wanted for the album.

Then Buckethead left and in came Bumblefoot? From bucket-head to bumble-foot it was an easytransition, at first I thought he was kind of a geek, but through the years and after all he went through he kind of metamorphosed into an artist, and he brought new life into some songs like DOnt cry or estranged, so yes I came to love him and embrace him too.

After Robing Came DJ Ashba, and it was also hard to swallow, he looked more like he came from the Motley Crue side of the spectrum, and motley crue has always been Vomit to me. But after I heard him speak in some interviews he was kind of a cool cat so I accepted him as well?

I felt like acceptance came natural, but also from believing that ok? so this is the one?but no..  so I guess that If other guitar players come I will accept them too. But at this point I think Slash feels like a better idea, if they are indeed in good terms and its not just for the money. A revolving crue of guitarists makes this feel like its not really a band, but rather a jam project..When a band has an identity, you have a specific personality of sound, that can evolve. When you have a jam project and you make different songs with different styles and different guitar players, it doesnt really have one personality as a band, but rather several personalities? which would be ok, if they actually released those songs !!!! so we could hear them !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 11:26:42 PM »

Slash you'll see will all see.  It's happening 

Curious about your signature.  They didn't play Miami in 1992.  They played JRS on 12/31/91.  I was there.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 11:49:11 PM »

I agree with Ginger... there is Hair Metal Roots (pun intended) in GNR's early history... but i also agree with the other posters when they say they arent a Hair metal Band.. they quickly shed those hair metal roots and became a Rock Band that was pretty much trail blazing their own path rather than following any previous Genre....

So no.. they arent Hair Metal... but there was an element of it in the very early days.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2015, 03:31:57 AM »

Presuming CG is being sarcastic...

Slash and Duff.

Time to cut our losses.

Some (modern)gnr-fans have limited intrest in the music the afd-lineup would make.

I got the impression that reunionists are like the nostalgic rockfans who expect nothing less than a revolution.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2015, 03:38:29 AM »

Some (modern)gnr-fans have limited intrest in the music the afd-lineup would make.

And yes yes, it would probably rock and I would go see it!

(I am just not seeing it happen in this lifetime, not under the gnr-name)

Slash himself:
'There will never come a time when we get all together and play under the name GUNS 'N ROSES because it's too fuckin' tainted,"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/a-guns-n-roses-reunion-no-way-says-guitarist-slash/

Then Buckethead left and in came Bumblefoot? From bucket-head to bumble-foot it was an easytransition, at first I thought he was kind of a geek, but through the years and after all he went through he kind of metamorphosed into an artist, and he brought new life into some songs like DOnt cry or estranged, so yes I came to love him and embrace him too.

Yeah, BBF was good. He stood out in rio6 to me and I keep putting his parts on repeat from 09+, I really enjoyed listening to him, and watch.

To me, Slash, Buckethead and BBF are the godlike guitarists gnr had. DJ was more entertainment and imo his musicianship borders on parody, but he is very real.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 12:01:28 PM by norway » Logged

dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2015, 11:17:42 AM »

Slash. And Duff to replace Tommy as it's apparent he's out

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2015, 04:08:22 PM »

Reading some of these replies.... I don't think some of you read the subject line.

You are, but I suspect its very intentional on your part.

People are saying cut the cord on this misadventure and see if there is one more run in the tank with the actual people that made us lifelong fans of this band.

Look, he gave it a shot.  And we've certainly beaten to death how hard he tried or how successful he was.  Those opinions vary, are long dug in, and will never change.

But what I think you are seeing in all these threads is that even people that extended him every benefit of the doubt are about ready to cash out.

If there is only one more real run, why not do it right?

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2015, 04:14:54 PM »

If the next album is actually coming, Robin & Bucket.  If no album is coming, Slash & Izzy.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2015, 04:21:23 PM »

If the next album is actually coming, Robin & Bucket.  If no album is coming, Slash & Izzy.

I think that's fair.

Look, I am in either way.  But he's been looking very seriously at what he's doing in that regard for what...a year?  Year plus? 

How's that working out?

Now, if it does....great, sign me up.  But if it never comes together (contain your shock, folks) I'm certainly less interested in GNR version 4.0 with more randos. 

If its a tour with no new album, give me Slash and Duff.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2015, 04:28:12 PM »

I think that's fair.

Look, I am in either way.  But he's been looking very seriously at what he's doing in that regard for what...a year?  Year plus? 

How's that working out?

Now, if it does....great, sign me up.  But if it never comes together (contain your shock, folks) I'm certainly less interested in GNR version 4.0 with more randos. 

If its a tour with no new album, give me Slash and Duff.

Yeah, I'm starting to look at the next album as more of a nice fantasy these days.

Ya know what talks? Money. And a reunion tour would make a ton of it. That seems more realistic.  Not some new fantasy album that's been hung over the remaining fan base's heads for years now.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2015, 04:38:32 PM »

Yeah, I'm starting to look at the next album as more of a nice fantasy these days.

Ya know what talks? Money. And a reunion tour would make a ton of it. That seems more realistic.  Not some new fantasy album that's been hung over the remaining fan base's heads for years now.

Look, I got sucked in.  I'll cop to it.

Yes, yes, a professional cynic that just about always feels Axl will struggle to come through in some meaningful way...but I was sucked in by that interview.

My rationale was that he never said shit about this for YEARS.  Suddenly, he was talking.  He seemed to be having fun onstage at that Golden Gods thing and the residency.  I thought he was finally ready.

Of course...2015 DX looks back at 2014 DX and says..."what are you, an idiot?"

Since that interview, not a peep of any progress.  3 major band defections.  And a management team we can't get an answer out of at gunpoint.

Nothing has changed.

And you know what, I'm labeling that stone cold gospel.  What the fuck, right?  Might as well go on record so I can reap the rewards later.  Not be that wishy washy optimist type that can't find the words to go on record, but will still claim they believe.

Fuck that noise.  I don't believe.  It's not going to happen.  Let there be no confusion where I stand.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 04:40:44 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2015, 05:00:23 PM »

It's what I meant by Random... You can grab a kid from the Berkley School of Music in Boston (Home of Joe Satriani) who is probably the most technically proficient guitar player in the last 20 years... he would be a random (who no one has heard of). Especially if he is just there to play other peoples songs live... which is my whole point, adding guitarist #10 and 11 in the history of the band playing material from people who have been out of the band for a decade or more is the definition of a tribute band.

Even Axl didn't really know who Robin was when he saw him at Cirque.

He had undoubtedly heard of Robin, being a NIN fan-

Here's an excerpt of a Robin interview:

How did you get involved with Guns N' Roses and the "Chinese Democracy" album?

I didn't know Axl. I was no longer playing with NIN at the time and I had jumped on a tour with a touring show from Cirque du Soleil, which at the time was not everywhere in Las Vegas like it is now. It was a North American tour under a blue and yellow big top (tent). What I'm telling you now is after this all happened. Axl had come to simply see the circus (laughs) and he and I had never met and he didn't know I was there. One of the guys Axl was with in the grandstands pointed and said (in hushed excited voice), "Axl, you see that guitar player down there? That's Robin from Nine Inch Nails."

The way you said that makes it sound like Axl did know who you were.

Axl was telling me this after the fact. And he just kind of scratched his head and was sitting there thinking, "What is he doing here?" Hah hah hah. At that time Axl was no longer playing with Slash but the rest of the original guys were still together. I was in my Oakwood apartment with the rest of the circus. This was before cellphones and I had the curly-cabled telephone hanging on the wall in the kitchen. It rang and someone said they were a representative of Axl Rose who wished to speak to me - "Would I be at the number in 15 minutes?"

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/robin_finck_ive_been_very_blessed_with_the_opportunities_and_ive_enjoyed_saying_yes_to_them.html?no_takeover

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2015, 06:24:18 PM »

You are, but I suspect its very intentional on your part.

You suspect wrong.

I see a question about two guitarists and I see several answers that list one guitarist and a bass player.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2015, 06:55:05 PM »

Yes, yes, a professional cynic that just about always feels Axl will struggle to come through in some meaningful way...but I was sucked in by that interview.

My rationale was that he never said shit about this for YEARS.  Suddenly, he was talking.  He seemed to be having fun onstage at that Golden Gods thing and the residency.  I thought he was finally ready.

Since that interview, not a peep of any progress.  3 major band defections.  And a management team we can't get an answer out of at gunpoint.

Nothing has changed.

And you know what, I'm labeling that stone cold gospel.  What the fuck, right?  Might as well go on record so I can reap the rewards later.  Not be that wishy washy optimist type that can't find the words to go on record, but will still claim they believe.

Fuck that noise.  I don't believe.  It's not going to happen.  Let there be no confusion where I stand.

I'm not quite there yet. I am actually still willing to take Fernando on his word and wait it out for some news within the rough time frame he gave us. I dont think im being gullible... but i dont want to be accused of anything else until that time frame has reasonably passed.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2015, 07:29:32 PM »

I'm not quite there yet. I am actually still willing to take Fernando on his word and wait it out for some news within the rough time frame he gave us. I dont think im being gullible... but i dont want to be accused of anything else until that time frame has reasonably passed.

I'm just talking about a new album done by post-2000 people.

Not that Fernando will never have anything to say about anything.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2015, 05:00:46 AM »

If he do more shows as gunsnroses Axl will be back with updated modern lineup I think.

After the new album is delivered and/or with a modern setlist.

Ya know what talks? Money. And a reunion tour would make a ton of it. That seems more realistic. 

A reunion is realistic?

... Lips Sealed

But he's been looking very seriously at what he's doing in that regard for what...a year?  Year plus? 

Nothing new (these long deadtimes) here sadly. I think they just almost toured like 3 years straight. He is probably on vacation.

07: Gnr plays their last show (for a while) July 2st in Osaka.
08: CD was released in 08.
09: Gnr starts a tour in December.

2 years plus Tongue

Lets hope this vacation isn't so long as 2002-2006 dead-era.

Reunion now! Angry <<< ramboface

lol Grin

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 09:29:32 AM »

A reunion is realistic?

Oh, hell no.  Still an incredible longshot.

But what's a new album from post-2000 members?  Probable??

The gist I am getting is that just about all of us here would be just fine with such an album.  But if its never going to happen, and its just another tour playing old songs, people would rather Slash and Duff than whoever the hell else.

Getting back to your point, we can want it all we like, but its still probably not realistic.  But for the first time in 20 years, its at least the slightest bit plausible.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2015, 11:12:59 AM »

If he do more shows as gunsnroses Axl will be back with updated modern lineup I think.

After the new album is delivered and/or with a modern setlist.

Ya know what talks? Money. And a reunion tour would make a ton of it. That seems more realistic. 

A reunion is realistic?

... Lips Sealed

But he's been looking very seriously at what he's doing in that regard for what...a year?  Year plus? 

Nothing new (these long deadtimes) here sadly. I think they just almost toured like 3 years straight. He is probably on vacation.

07: Gnr plays their last show (for a while) July 2st in Osaka.
08: CD was released in 08.
09: Gnr starts a tour in December.

2 years plus Tongue

Lets hope this vacation isn't so long as 2002-2006 dead-era.

Reunion now! Angry <<< ramboface

lol Grin

Yes, Nothing New:

2014: Last Show June
2015: Interviews & Quit BBFT/ASHBA
2016: New Members, World Tour & New Album

Not Exist Dead Time

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »

OK found the new guitarist :

http://tribune.com.pk/story/961920/meet-gisele-marie-a-burqa-clad-heavy-metal-musician/

hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2015, 01:57:14 PM »

Nothing has changed.

Oh, hell yeah, he had me hook line & sinker with that interview.  I even forgave the 8 months of silence that followed when he tweeted a pic from the studio last December.  That was 10 months ago now, and since then, we've gotten confirmation that 3 bandmates have walked.  Now?  It's a nice thought.  14 new GNR tracks.  A million dollars.  A foursome with Rihanna, Pink & Jennifer Lopez.  So very nice to think about. Nahgunnahappen.
evader
Opening Act

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »

Who do I think will replace DJ and BBF? No idea.

Who do I want to replace them? Only need one - Buckethead. Bucket and Fortus would be all that's needed. Remember Bucket just standing around for half the show back in '01 and '02? The guy's talent was sadly wasted, in my opinion. He can play anything. And, it's hard to take your eyes off of him. Give him anything he wants to come back. Let him re-record the next record's leads played by band members that have left. He could do it in a day, if his production from the last two years is any indication (exaggeration, obviously). Hell, he may have already recorded leads on most of those songs already...

And, since Tommy appears to be out, bring back Duff if he wants to return. That would put guitars in the hands of 3 completely mesmerizing performers, and I think Axl would enjoy the hell out of it. I'd fly around the world to see that show.

Option B: Slash. And this is a pretty damn great option B.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2015, 03:10:09 PM »

The gist I am getting is that just about all of us here would be just fine with such an album.  But if its never going to happen, and its just another tour playing old songs, people would rather Slash and Duff than whoever the hell else.

And this, I think, sums up the current situation perfectly.  I got onboard with the new incarnation of GNR in 2001, and embraced the new members, under the premise that these were the men who were going to carry on the banner for Guns N' Roses, and who would be the ones regularly pumping out new GNR music, once Chinese Democracy finally dropped. 14 years later...We have one album to show, with much of that lineup who play on it being a distant memories.  Hell, Robin's "replacement" just quit, with Bucket's "replacement" leaving a year earlier, if that's an indicator of where we're at in the second half of 2015.  We don't need more paid soldiers playing Jungle & SCOM.  We just....don't need it....

Point being, if you can't/wont/whatever put out new music, for the love of God, just bring back Slash, Duff & Izzy and let's be done with it. 

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2015, 03:16:36 PM »

And this, I think, sums up the current situation perfectly.  I got onboard with the new incarnation of GNR in 2001, and embraced the new members, under the premise that these were the men who were going to carry on the banner for Guns N' Roses, and who would be the ones regularly pumping out new GNR music, once Chinese Democracy finally dropped. 14 years later...We have one album to show, with much of that lineup who play on it being a distant memories.  Hell, Robin's "replacement" just quit, with Bucket's "replacement" leaving a year earlier, if that's an indicator of where we're at in the second half of 2015.  We don't need more paid soldiers playing Jungle & SCOM.  We just....don't need it....

Point being, if you can't/wont/whatever put out new music, for the love of God, just bring back Slash, Duff & Izzy and let's be done with it. 

This is exactly my view as well.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2015, 03:25:14 PM »

I just can't see how the plan would be to hire a couple more C-List guitar prodigies and continue to tour as "Guns N' Roses". I can't see it. Bringing Robin & (less likely) Bucket back, I could understand.  They wrote and played on the music.  But other than them, there is no option as far as I can see but to do a reunion with Slash & Izzy, possibly with Richard backing them up.  The word "circus" is used a lot to describe out of control rock acts, but bringing in two more unknowns to be "Guns N' Roses" would be exactly that.  And would kind of be insulting, in my opinion.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2015, 03:37:46 PM »

I just can't see how the plan would be to hire a couple more C-List guitar prodigies and continue to tour as "Guns N' Roses". I can't see it. Bringing Robin & (less likely) Bucket back, I could understand.  They wrote and played on the music.  But other than them, there is no option as far as I can see but to do a reunion with Slash & Izzy, possibly with Richard backing them up.  The word "circus" is used a lot to describe out of control rock acts, but bringing in two more unknowns to be "Guns N' Roses" would be exactly that.  And would kind of be insulting, in my opinion.

I have said a few times over the past few months, that a new lineup, particularly without a record release would be very disappointing to me.

But , I am a sucker ...if that is what happens.. and I can make it out to see Axl perform... he will still get my 100 dollars.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2015, 03:41:57 PM »

I have said a few times over the past few months, that a new lineup, particularly without a record release would be very disappointing to me.

But , I am a sucker ...if that is what happens.. and I can make it out to see Axl perform... he will still get my 100 dollars.

I'm a Chicagoan, and have seen them every time they've come here starting in 2002.  I even flew to Canada in 2010 to see them when a States tour seemed up in the air. But, if they bring in Chuck Thompson and Patty Flannigan (don't look up the names, they're fake) to be lead guitarists for what we're supposed to view as "Guns N' Roses", this will likely be the first time I will pass on going to a show.  If no new album in produced, doubly so. 
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »

I would like to see Robin Fink come back for sure. Other than Robin, I wouldn't mind if we where introduced to a new talent.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2015, 03:46:59 PM »

I would like to see Robin Fink come back for sure. Other than Robin, I wouldn't mind if we where introduced to a new talent.

It would certainly soften the blow, as Robin & Richard together were tremendous.

...And I wan't to hear Robin do This I Love live.  ok
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2015, 04:16:35 PM »

http://www.google.hr/trends/explore#q=buckethead%2C%20chinese%20democracy

u are actually right.
Buckethead on average has 2 times more searches than Chinese Democracy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2015, 06:44:31 PM »

Orianthi & Luke Dinchak
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2015, 07:52:37 PM »

Axl Rose has great taste.
I can't wait to see who he plays with next and neither can you
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2015, 09:11:36 PM »

http://www.google.hr/trends/explore#q=buckethead%2C%20chinese%20democracy

u are actually right.
Buckethead on average has 2 times more searches than Chinese Democracy

Why would a person and an album be a reasonable comparison? I could see checking Buckethead vs. Guns N' Roses, or Buckethead vs. Slash...
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: