Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:59:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who you think/want will replace DJ and BBF
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who you think/want will replace DJ and BBF  (Read 15936 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2015, 06:24:18 PM »

Reading some of these replies.... I don't think some of you read the subject line.

Or am I missing something?

You are, but I suspect its very intentional on your part.

You suspect wrong.

I see a question about two guitarists and I see several answers that list one guitarist and a bass player.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2015, 06:55:05 PM »

Yeah, I'm starting to look at the next album as more of a nice fantasy these days.

Ya know what talks? Money. And a reunion tour would make a ton of it. That seems more realistic.  Not some new fantasy album that's been hung over the remaining fan base's heads for years now.

Look, I got sucked in.  I'll cop to it.

Yes, yes, a professional cynic that just about always feels Axl will struggle to come through in some meaningful way...but I was sucked in by that interview.

My rationale was that he never said shit about this for YEARS.  Suddenly, he was talking.  He seemed to be having fun onstage at that Golden Gods thing and the residency.  I thought he was finally ready.

Of course...2015 DX looks back at 2014 DX and says..."what are you, an idiot?"

Since that interview, not a peep of any progress.  3 major band defections.  And a management team we can't get an answer out of at gunpoint.

Nothing has changed.

And you know what, I'm labeling that stone cold gospel.  What the fuck, right?  Might as well go on record so I can reap the rewards later.  Not be that wishy washy optimist type that can't find the words to go on record, but will still claim they believe.

Fuck that noise.  I don't believe.  It's not going to happen.  Let there be no confusion where I stand.

I'm not quite there yet. I am actually still willing to take Fernando on his word and wait it out for some news within the rough time frame he gave us. I dont think im being gullible... but i dont want to be accused of anything else until that time frame has reasonably passed.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2015, 07:29:32 PM »

I'm not quite there yet. I am actually still willing to take Fernando on his word and wait it out for some news within the rough time frame he gave us. I dont think im being gullible... but i dont want to be accused of anything else until that time frame has reasonably passed.

I'm just talking about a new album done by post-2000 people.

Not that Fernando will never have anything to say about anything.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2015, 05:00:46 AM »

If he do more shows as gunsnroses Axl will be back with updated modern lineup I think.

After the new album is delivered and/or with a modern setlist.

Ya know what talks? Money. And a reunion tour would make a ton of it. That seems more realistic. 

A reunion is realistic?

... Lips Sealed

But he's been looking very seriously at what he's doing in that regard for what...a year?  Year plus? 

Nothing new (these long deadtimes) here sadly. I think they just almost toured like 3 years straight. He is probably on vacation.

07: Gnr plays their last show (for a while) July 2st in Osaka.
08: CD was released in 08.
09: Gnr starts a tour in December.

2 years plus Tongue

Lets hope this vacation isn't so long as 2002-2006 dead-era.

Fuck that noise.  I don't believe.  It's not going to happen.  Let there be no confusion where I stand.

Reunion now! Angry <<< ramboface

lol Grin

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 09:29:32 AM »

A reunion is realistic?

Oh, hell no.  Still an incredible longshot.

But what's a new album from post-2000 members?  Probable??

The gist I am getting is that just about all of us here would be just fine with such an album.  But if its never going to happen, and its just another tour playing old songs, people would rather Slash and Duff than whoever the hell else.

Getting back to your point, we can want it all we like, but its still probably not realistic.  But for the first time in 20 years, its at least the slightest bit plausible.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2015, 11:12:59 AM »

If he do more shows as gunsnroses Axl will be back with updated modern lineup I think.

After the new album is delivered and/or with a modern setlist.

Ya know what talks? Money. And a reunion tour would make a ton of it. That seems more realistic. 

A reunion is realistic?

... Lips Sealed

But he's been looking very seriously at what he's doing in that regard for what...a year?  Year plus? 

Nothing new (these long deadtimes) here sadly. I think they just almost toured like 3 years straight. He is probably on vacation.

07: Gnr plays their last show (for a while) July 2st in Osaka.
08: CD was released in 08.
09: Gnr starts a tour in December.

2 years plus Tongue

Lets hope this vacation isn't so long as 2002-2006 dead-era.

Reunion now! Angry <<< ramboface

lol Grin

Yes, Nothing New:

2014: Last Show June
2015: Interviews & Quit BBFT/ASHBA
2016: New Members, World Tour & New Album

Not Exist Dead Time

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »

OK found the new guitarist :

http://tribune.com.pk/story/961920/meet-gisele-marie-a-burqa-clad-heavy-metal-musician/

hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2015, 01:57:14 PM »

Yeah, I'm starting to look at the next album as more of a nice fantasy these days.

Ya know what talks? Money. And a reunion tour would make a ton of it. That seems more realistic.  Not some new fantasy album that's been hung over the remaining fan base's heads for years now.

Look, I got sucked in.  I'll cop to it.

Yes, yes, a professional cynic that just about always feels Axl will struggle to come through in some meaningful way...but I was sucked in by that interview.

My rationale was that he never said shit about this for YEARS.  Suddenly, he was talking.  He seemed to be having fun onstage at that Golden Gods thing and the residency.  I thought he was finally ready.

Of course...2015 DX looks back at 2014 DX and says..."what are you, an idiot?"

Since that interview, not a peep of any progress.  3 major band defections.  And a management team we can't get an answer out of at gunpoint.

Nothing has changed.

And you know what, I'm labeling that stone cold gospel.  What the fuck, right?  Might as well go on record so I can reap the rewards later.  Not be that wishy washy optimist type that can't find the words to go on record, but will still claim they believe.

Oh, hell yeah, he had me hook line & sinker with that interview.  I even forgave the 8 months of silence that followed when he tweeted a pic from the studio last December.  That was 10 months ago now, and since then, we've gotten confirmation that 3 bandmates have walked.  Now?  It's a nice thought.  14 new GNR tracks.  A million dollars.  A foursome with Rihanna, Pink & Jennifer Lopez.  So very nice to think about. Nahgunnahappen.
evader
Opening Act

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »

Who do I think will replace DJ and BBF? No idea.

Who do I want to replace them? Only need one - Buckethead. Bucket and Fortus would be all that's needed. Remember Bucket just standing around for half the show back in '01 and '02? The guy's talent was sadly wasted, in my opinion. He can play anything. And, it's hard to take your eyes off of him. Give him anything he wants to come back. Let him re-record the next record's leads played by band members that have left. He could do it in a day, if his production from the last two years is any indication (exaggeration, obviously). Hell, he may have already recorded leads on most of those songs already...

And, since Tommy appears to be out, bring back Duff if he wants to return. That would put guitars in the hands of 3 completely mesmerizing performers, and I think Axl would enjoy the hell out of it. I'd fly around the world to see that show.

Option B: Slash. And this is a pretty damn great option B.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2015, 03:10:09 PM »

The gist I am getting is that just about all of us here would be just fine with such an album.  But if its never going to happen, and its just another tour playing old songs, people would rather Slash and Duff than whoever the hell else.

And this, I think, sums up the current situation perfectly.  I got onboard with the new incarnation of GNR in 2001, and embraced the new members, under the premise that these were the men who were going to carry on the banner for Guns N' Roses, and who would be the ones regularly pumping out new GNR music, once Chinese Democracy finally dropped. 14 years later...We have one album to show, with much of that lineup who play on it being a distant memories.  Hell, Robin's "replacement" just quit, with Bucket's "replacement" leaving a year earlier, if that's an indicator of where we're at in the second half of 2015.  We don't need more paid soldiers playing Jungle & SCOM.  We just....don't need it....

Point being, if you can't/wont/whatever put out new music, for the love of God, just bring back Slash, Duff & Izzy and let's be done with it. 

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2015, 03:16:36 PM »

And this, I think, sums up the current situation perfectly.  I got onboard with the new incarnation of GNR in 2001, and embraced the new members, under the premise that these were the men who were going to carry on the banner for Guns N' Roses, and who would be the ones regularly pumping out new GNR music, once Chinese Democracy finally dropped. 14 years later...We have one album to show, with much of that lineup who play on it being a distant memories.  Hell, Robin's "replacement" just quit, with Bucket's "replacement" leaving a year earlier, if that's an indicator of where we're at in the second half of 2015.  We don't need more paid soldiers playing Jungle & SCOM.  We just....don't need it....

Point being, if you can't/wont/whatever put out new music, for the love of God, just bring back Slash, Duff & Izzy and let's be done with it. 

This is exactly my view as well.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2015, 03:25:14 PM »

I just can't see how the plan would be to hire a couple more C-List guitar prodigies and continue to tour as "Guns N' Roses". I can't see it. Bringing Robin & (less likely) Bucket back, I could understand.  They wrote and played on the music.  But other than them, there is no option as far as I can see but to do a reunion with Slash & Izzy, possibly with Richard backing them up.  The word "circus" is used a lot to describe out of control rock acts, but bringing in two more unknowns to be "Guns N' Roses" would be exactly that.  And would kind of be insulting, in my opinion.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2015, 03:37:46 PM »

I just can't see how the plan would be to hire a couple more C-List guitar prodigies and continue to tour as "Guns N' Roses". I can't see it. Bringing Robin & (less likely) Bucket back, I could understand.  They wrote and played on the music.  But other than them, there is no option as far as I can see but to do a reunion with Slash & Izzy, possibly with Richard backing them up.  The word "circus" is used a lot to describe out of control rock acts, but bringing in two more unknowns to be "Guns N' Roses" would be exactly that.  And would kind of be insulting, in my opinion.

I have said a few times over the past few months, that a new lineup, particularly without a record release would be very disappointing to me.

But , I am a sucker ...if that is what happens.. and I can make it out to see Axl perform... he will still get my 100 dollars.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2015, 03:41:57 PM »

I have said a few times over the past few months, that a new lineup, particularly without a record release would be very disappointing to me.

But , I am a sucker ...if that is what happens.. and I can make it out to see Axl perform... he will still get my 100 dollars.

I'm a Chicagoan, and have seen them every time they've come here starting in 2002.  I even flew to Canada in 2010 to see them when a States tour seemed up in the air. But, if they bring in Chuck Thompson and Patty Flannigan (don't look up the names, they're fake) to be lead guitarists for what we're supposed to view as "Guns N' Roses", this will likely be the first time I will pass on going to a show.  If no new album in produced, doubly so. 
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »

I would like to see Robin Fink come back for sure. Other than Robin, I wouldn't mind if we where introduced to a new talent.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2015, 03:46:59 PM »

I would like to see Robin Fink come back for sure. Other than Robin, I wouldn't mind if we where introduced to a new talent.

It would certainly soften the blow, as Robin & Richard together were tremendous.

...And I wan't to hear Robin do This I Love live.  ok
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2015, 04:16:35 PM »

actually lots of random people learned about him through GNR.
When ppl see my KFC bucket in the living room... they know what its about Cheesy

http://www.google.hr/trends/explore#q=buckethead%2C%20chinese%20democracy

u are actually right.
Buckethead on average has 2 times more searches than Chinese Democracy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2015, 06:44:31 PM »

Orianthi & Luke Dinchak
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2015, 07:52:37 PM »

Axl Rose has great taste.
I can't wait to see who he plays with next and neither can you
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2015, 09:11:36 PM »

actually lots of random people learned about him through GNR.
When ppl see my KFC bucket in the living room... they know what its about Cheesy

http://www.google.hr/trends/explore#q=buckethead%2C%20chinese%20democracy

u are actually right.
Buckethead on average has 2 times more searches than Chinese Democracy

Why would a person and an album be a reasonable comparison? I could see checking Buckethead vs. Guns N' Roses, or Buckethead vs. Slash...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: