Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 10:16:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 93128 times)
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #520 on: October 24, 2015, 03:51:52 PM »

People still thinking the Fernando statement is coming? Come on....
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #521 on: October 24, 2015, 11:08:38 PM »

No, my stance is- that I'm firmly convinced by your post history that you like to whine and complain about everything imaginable both old issues and new possibilities.

If you can attempt to further your agenda by pretending to ask questions and feign worry and concern, I have no doubts you will do just that.

Now you are complaining about "that there are no acceptable questions".

Can't wait until you bring up the setlist, the name, the start times etc, your cancelled show etc. yet again so we can all pay attention to poor you and how you have been so mistreated by this band and how you have all the answers in your infinite e-expertise to solve every perceived problem.

This is yet another post about long standing problems you have with me, personally.

You have not really addressed the point faldor made.  And since you've had 2 cracks at it now, it seems you won't be doing so.

No, it's more about the long-standing issues you have with GNR.

Anybody can verify this by looking at your post history.  Cool
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:29:13 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #522 on: October 24, 2015, 11:25:13 PM »

Sometimes endless questions, as well as fake concern and supposed "worrying" about one thing or another are merely a thinly disguised avenue for the usual circle to  voice yet more complaints and spin yet more negative hooplah.

Maybe.  But in this case, it could not be more literal.

I'm using his exact example : Axl comes back with 2 new guitarists, hits the road, no new album.

From that, he thinks asking "well, what's the plan going forward?" is an appropriate question.  Yet if it was asked, what the response?

#1) You know, that's a fair question.  What is the plan going forward?

#2) They just went back on tour.  Aren't you ever happy?

#3) When they have something to announce, they'll announce it.  Why is that so hard to understand?

So for me to be "wrong", you would have to be telling me that answer #1 would have at least a fair share of the percentage of response.  Is that, in fact, your stance?

Because I say it has no shot.  Answers may be split between #2 and #3, but #1 is not even in the running. 

Hence, there are no real acceptable questions.  Are there?
I think we're all questioning what happens next. I mean those of us that remain come here to discuss these things for a reason. We must still have an interest in where the story is going. The issue is when you start to question why things don't get done on a certain timetable or in a certain manner. I'll freely admit that the musical output over the last 20 years has been underwhelming in terms of quantity. I don't think anyone is arguing against that. But we don't have all the facts at our disposal and can't even begin to put ourselves in Axl's shoes, no matter how hard we try. I don't think it's crazy to say that Axl Rose has more hurdles to clear in a business sense than a Joe Elliott, Keith Richards, etc. Plus, whether he's a perfectionist or "cares about his art" more than others. That can be debated, but he's certainly a unique individual in a less than ideal situation. And as we've covered, he doesn't seem too keen on deadlines, timeframes, etc.

Ultimately, I think he has solid reasoning behind the choices he makes. It might not make sense to us, but we don't have all the details. He seems to be a well thought out individual who feels an extra resposibility to protect his own interests. I think it has more to do with deciding what's best for him and the band over what makes a vocal minority of GNR forum members happy.

Great points and posts faldor  ok

The people offering the constant criticism and unsolicited amateur advice in actuality do not have the full picture, all the details.

The vocal minority on internet forums seem to be unpleasable, always complaining that things aren't done to suit them-and a few of these  wunderkinds seem to believe they have all the answers, when they dont have all the specifics. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Annie
« Reply #523 on: October 25, 2015, 10:09:09 AM »

My rocket scientist friend creates video games now.  He said everybody thinks they can create video games and they deal with a lot of similar issues.  There is even more Internet trolling in his line of work. He said the best thing to do is to just ignore it.  I will be very happy when we ALL get to hear new GNR music. And we will. When the time is right !
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #524 on: October 25, 2015, 01:40:53 PM »

My rocket scientist friend creates video games now.  He said everybody thinks they can create video games and they deal with a lot of similar issues.  There is even more Internet trolling in his line of work. He said the best thing to do is to just ignore it.  I will be very happy when we ALL get to hear new GNR music. And we will. When the time is right !

What are we going to consider "new GNR music"?

Old material from previous albums, played by new musicians we have never head play this material live before?

Old material previously recorded by band members no longer in the band, released as a new album?

New material written by current band members, released as a album?

Old material not previously played live by the original band?

I wouldn't mind any of the above.

There is quite a few things that could be defined as new music

All are great.  At least it is something!  Compared to the nothingness we have now

Annie
« Reply #525 on: October 25, 2015, 02:10:01 PM »

What would really make me happy right now is if they featured some GNR music in the TV show SUPERNATURAL! I've been at the Salute to Supernatural Convention all weekend. I totally broke the rules and gave Mark Sheppard the actor who plays the King of Hell one of those totally awesome limited edition leather bound editions of The Language of Fear. I think that some of Del's stories would make a great episode of SUPERNATURAL . Several years back Sam and Dean had fake FBI IDs with the names Hudson and Rose.  Grin
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #526 on: October 25, 2015, 10:23:45 PM »

Sometimes endless questions, as well as fake concern and supposed "worrying" about one thing or another are merely a thinly disguised avenue for the usual circle to  voice yet more complaints and spin yet more negative hooplah.

I'm using his exact example : Axl comes back with 2 new guitarists, hits the road, no new album.

From that, he thinks asking "well, what's the plan going forward?" is an appropriate question.  Yet if it was asked, what the response?

#3) When they have something to announce, they'll announce it.  Why is that so hard to understand?

So for me to be "wrong", you would have to be telling me that answer #1 would have at least a fair share of the percentage of response.  Is that, in fact, your stance?

Because I say it has no shot.  Answers may be split between #2 and #3, but #1 is not even in the running. 

I think we're all questioning what happens next. I mean those of us that remain come here to discuss these things for a reason. We must still have an interest in where the story is going. The issue is when you start to question why things don't get done on a certain timetable or in a certain manner. I'll freely admit that the musical output over the last 20 years has been underwhelming in terms of quantity. I don't think anyone is arguing against that. But we don't have all the facts at our disposal and can't even begin to put ourselves in Axl's shoes, no matter how hard we try. I don't think it's crazy to say that Axl Rose has more hurdles to clear in a business sense than a Joe Elliott, Keith Richards, etc. Plus, whether he's a perfectionist or "cares about his art" more than others. That can be debated, but he's certainly a unique individual in a less than ideal situation. And as we've covered, he doesn't seem too keen on deadlines, timeframes, etc.

Ultimately, I think he has solid reasoning behind the choices he makes. It might not make sense to us, but we don't have all the details. He seems to be a well thought out individual who feels an extra resposibility to protect his own interests. I think it has more to do with deciding what's best for him and the band over what makes a vocal minority of GNR forum members happy.

woah! you are awesome, where have you been all this time!?  completely rational, patient, good writer, organized posts, just like pilferk! its people like you (especially the not shallow minded about what axl may or may not be doing thing) that make this place interesting and fun as opposed to frustrating and tiresome.

fernandos time frame for an announcement, should things not fall through, means by sometime in November right? or was the pre announcement time frame meant to be vague by saying "few months"? i know its obvious to some, and not to others, but few can mean 3 and also is commonly used to mean a handful or so. maybe its already been discussed and i missed it, if so then ignore and ill figure it out. not trying to slam anybodys english, i speak japanese like a 6 year old so i have no room to judge. i guess if he meant 3 he maybe would have said 3. i guess im right back where i began before i started speculating about all this. i dont know shit, but thats ok. looking forward to whats next has always been something nice to look forward to.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:58:53 AM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #527 on: October 26, 2015, 09:18:02 AM »

woah! you are awesome, where have you been all this time!?  completely rational, patient, good writer, organized posts, just like pilferk! its people like you (especially the not shallow minded about what axl may or may not be doing thing) that make this place interesting and fun as opposed to frustrating and tiresome.

fernandos time frame for an announcement, should things not fall through, means by sometime in November right? or was the pre announcement time frame meant to be vague by saying "few months"? i know its obvious to some, and not to others, but few can mean 3 and also is commonly used to mean a handful or so. maybe its already been discussed and i missed it, if so then ignore and ill figure it out. not trying to slam anybodys english, i speak japanese like a 6 year old so i have no room to judge. i guess if he meant 3 he maybe would have said 3. i guess im right back where i began before i started speculating about all this. i dont know shit, but thats ok. looking forward to whats next has always been something nice to look forward to.

It was mid-August.
Fernando said an announcement "in 2-4 months."
He also said there would be a new webstore "in a week or two." 
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #528 on: October 26, 2015, 10:51:58 AM »

It was mid-August.

Oh, so now you want to make him accountable for that?  What an entitled fan you are (sarcasm intended).
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #529 on: October 26, 2015, 11:53:03 AM »

I'm all talked out about "Gnr " at the moment.

There is no evidence an album release is in the cards for any time soon, maybe there is... but it's under wraps.

and I couldn't tell you who half the players in the touring portion of the band are...

until they provide some clarity on both or either of these subjects... what is there to say anymore ?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #530 on: October 26, 2015, 12:46:24 PM »

There is no evidence an album release is in the cards for any time soon, maybe there is... but it's under wraps.

and I couldn't tell you who half the players in the touring portion of the band are...

until they provide some clarity on both or either of these subjects... what is there to say anymore ?

Agreed. If by some miracle there's an album announcement before the end of the year, then great.  If not, whatever.  Obviously, if there's a reunion in the cards, it's not happening until 2017 at the earliest, what with Slash devoting 2016 to the new Conspirator's album, and the inevitable tour to follow.  If the powers that be can't get their shit together and put new music out, why should we care?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #531 on: October 26, 2015, 12:49:25 PM »

You're back. Who would've guessed....  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #532 on: October 26, 2015, 12:51:52 PM »

You're back. Who would've guessed....  Cheesy

/jarmo

What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment.  Wink
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #533 on: October 26, 2015, 01:01:09 PM »

Agreed. If by some miracle there's an album announcement before the end of the year, then great.  If not, whatever.  Obviously, if there's a reunion in the cards, it's not happening until 2017 at the earliest, what with Slash devoting 2016 to the new Conspirator's album, and the inevitable tour to follow.  If the powers that be can't get their shit together and put new music out, why should we care?

It ain't that I don't care...

There is just really nothing left to analyze anymore... We've broken it down a couple hundred times over by now.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Annie
« Reply #534 on: October 26, 2015, 01:02:31 PM »

yes, we just have to wait and see what good things happen next year.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #535 on: October 26, 2015, 01:05:12 PM »

yes, we just have to wait and see what good things happen next year.

Hopefully there is something to discuss in 2016...

Who knows?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #536 on: October 26, 2015, 01:05:45 PM »

It ain't that I don't care...

There is just really nothing left to analyze anymore... We've broken it down a couple hundred times over by now.

I hear ya.  There reaches a point where all we're doing is rehashing and analyzing what may or may not be holding things up.  It's a fruitless endeavor at the end of the day, because really none of us know she-it...until we do.

There's nothing more I'd love than to get out and buy a vinyl version of the new album, crack open a beer and listen to the fucker start to finish.  But for whatever reason, it's just not happening.  Undecided
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #537 on: October 26, 2015, 07:49:24 PM »

It was mid-August.

Oh, so now you want to make him accountable for that?  What an entitled fan you are (sarcasm intended).

haha. you joker. ill take him at his word, but i wont feel the need to hold it against him if it doesnt work out. dude seems to be in charge of many things from what i read, im sure he knows whats best and doesnt do or not do things just out of spite, probably there is a good reason for whatever he decides to do.

i was just thinking along the lines of few = 3, and that would have put us a few days before the anniversery of cds release if he made the pre announcement on august 4th like i thought. i appreciate you guys filling  me in even though we dont always get along. perfect timing for a remix in a way. especially with this talk of re releases going around. its all just my hopefullness putting the odds and ends together i suppose.

AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #538 on: October 26, 2015, 08:56:45 PM »

I'm happy enough knowing that it's "done" or "close". I bet it will see the day of light in 2016! But let's not get too excited  peace

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #539 on: October 26, 2015, 10:23:23 PM »

I'm happy enough knowing that it's "done" or "close". I bet it will see the day of light in 2016! But let's not get too excited  peace

welcome! welcome! new posters, always happy to see them! being excited about something is actually pretty good for you as far as i know. but then theres the whole let down and hangin around, squashed like a bug in the ground stuff that is liable to come with it. maybe you will only feel that way if you are actively waiting for it or hoping it will bring you some kind of happiness you dont already have. i got most impatient when i was locked up in my dorm room doing nonstop homework around this time last year. i was generally unhappy and wanted cd2 to come bail me out. not saying thats how it is for everyone, just sharing my experience. looking forward to future interactions with you  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: