Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:38:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 91204 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #480 on: October 22, 2015, 12:13:36 PM »

Some of you guys really make me laugh. Cudos for that. Haha.

I find it amusing that this is still a discussion... the likelihood of an album in 2016 is based on one thing and one thing only.

Does Axl want to release it this year? If he really wants to, we will have it, if he is not ready (the reasons...who the fuck will ever know) then we won't.

It was the same with Chinese Democracy, bottom line.. we waited all those years... because that's when he was ready to share.

If he is unwilling to share based on the labels terms... well that's still his decision not to share.
Not necessarily. The album was basically "done" in 2002 and RTB told them to rework every single song. That wasn't Axl's call. And the album was again ready for release at least a year before it was actually released. Who knows exactly what happened there, but there's probably some shared responsibility.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #481 on: October 22, 2015, 12:26:45 PM »

I don't budge on my original thought process... if there's a will.. there's a way  Smiley

Sure.
And I stand by my opinion that just because there's a will doesn't mean it'll happen at any cost.
Everything's relative.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #482 on: October 22, 2015, 12:28:37 PM »

The reunion cloud over this album release is a big one.

There is no way to possibly understand what affect that could have on it. Even the speculation around here about it could give the record company ideas on how to proceed or not proceed...

So for the 37th time... if the reunion chatter is completely off based... Put a stop to it now !

True.

Of course, the answer might be something we here aren't going to want to hear.  I think many of us have said, reunion or no, we'd still like to hear this stuff.

However, the label might take the position that if Axl is about to go out with a version of the band everyone knows and loves, why should they be gung-ho to release a collection songs by people that aren't them?
That's the tricky part, but maybe it's unclear what the next step actually is. There are some hints that a reunion is inevitable, from band defections and Axl and Slash supposedly talking again. Then there are other hints that a reunion is still miles away, Slash looking quite busy with Myles for at least the next year. Maybe they're still trying to decide what the next move is. Is a reunion possible? Is an album release now harder that a reunion is at least in the conversation? Is a Robin and/or Buckethead return possible? If not, who fills the 2 open guitarist spots? Is Tommy still on bass or could it be Duff?

Maybe there are clear answers to some of those questions, maybe they're all up in the air. It might not be as easy as some like to paint it for band management to come out and make a statement of what exactly is going on and what we should expect.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #483 on: October 22, 2015, 01:54:31 PM »

But whining, complaining and finding fault continually on a more or less daily basis gets old quick.

So does this nonsense.

Show me where you are owed a thing-
 if you buy tickets to a show-you get to see a show
 If you buy an album you get to own a copy of the music
 if you buy merch-you get that.

How do you somehow think you are owed anything else?

We all want things. But some people feel they are entitled to whatever it is they want, and they feel they deserve it all now.

The entitlement mentality of thinking someone owes you something is one that you should not have, it is delusional and misguided.

That isn't nonsense, that is the truth.

Sorry you have problems differentiating between the two, but I'm honestly not surprised. Smiley

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #484 on: October 22, 2015, 02:05:03 PM »

That's the tricky part, but maybe it's unclear what the next step actually is. There are some hints that a reunion is inevitable, from band defections and Axl and Slash supposedly talking again. Then there are other hints that a reunion is still miles away, Slash looking quite busy with Myles for at least the next year. Maybe they're still trying to decide what the next move is. Is a reunion possible?

I see no way you can call a reunion inevitable, or even likely for that matter.  I think all we can say is that there is at least a chance now, where there had been none.

Honestly, I think the reunion is almost seen as rationalization at this point.  Another way to explain away the absurd delay. 

In other words, people are willing to accept whatever the hell is going on now if there is a payoff down the line in terms of a reunion.  You couldn't say anything until it was ironed out.  But now it is, and isn't it great?  Everyone wins.

But I think its gotten to the point there almost has to be something along those lines, and that's what explains the defections, lack of updates, etc.

If come this time next year its become clear that there is no reunion, thus not the reason for the delay...the obvious question would then be "then what the hell have you been doing?"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #485 on: October 22, 2015, 02:11:16 PM »

Semantics. Whatever condition the songs are currently in they aren't released. They could still be worked on, tinkered with, etc. So I wouldn't really consider them "done" until they're handed over to the label and prepped for release.

Ultimately true, obviously.

But the songs are already written and recorded.  And have been for some time now.

So really, what we're trying to do, is put a good spin on mixing and mastering, or "tinkering" if you prefer...that goes on for years at a time.

Years.
Yeah, but like jarmo said. Maybe they were "finished" and ready to be released. Maybe something happened that pushed the release back, so it's possible they could choose to tweak them a little. Heck, maybe the record company "hinted" that they could use a little work. Happened with CD 10 times over from all accounts.

Thats all well and good, but whats stopping GNR management or Axl and coming out and saying look.. we had planned for this to be out by XYZ.. but we have hit some stumbling blocks (whatever that might be) and allude to it.

The apologists seems to portray this operation like NASA in terms of secrecy and security.  Roll Eyes

Whatever anyone wants to say... there is no argument for the lack of information that the fans get in regards to this stuff. How hard is it to shed some light on this stuff?

Why do you feel entitled to a play by play? When there is new information to share it will be shared through official channels.

How hard is that to comprehend? Cheesy

To trot that line out like its a valid reason for running this business this way is embarrassing.

Listen... its difficult to reason with you because you are so unreasonable. You wave more pom poms than any superfan of anything that i have ever seen accross any interest.. whether it be football, music, whatever.

You simply are not capable of a rational civilized conversation without shouting people down and your shitty undertones in everything you write dont impress anyone.

Haha hihi

What an upsetting concept for you, a positive fan on a fan forum- such a rare and unusual occurance.

Poor you-it must be traumatizing.

There's a difference between being a positive fan, and being a blind apologist.

Why do you assume I'm blind when I'm positive? That is a common accusation by trolls.

I assure you there is nothing "blind" about my GNR loyalty, I simply know the truth and have been a fan for 20+ years.

Don't you have a hairline to discuss somewhere?

Oh, I wish I were a miser; being a miser must be so occupying.
Gertrude Stein

Let me ask you, then. Has there been any instance where, in your opinion, Axl has made a mistake or misstep since 1996?

Izzy, Slash, Duff, Josh Freese, Paul Tobias, Robin, Brain, Buckethead, DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot - did Axl have nothing to do with any of these departures?

The long wait for CD - was it all the fault of producers and the label, or did Axl's reputed perfectionism come into play?

The difference between being a positive fan and an apologist is if you're a positive fan and not an apologist, you can recognize when a band does something wrong, or when they make a mistake and own up to it.

Do I feel I am "owed" an album, a tour, or a reunion? No, and in fact, I've been attacked on other boards for suggesting people have an entitlement mentality. I think a tour, a new record, a reunion, any of these would be really cool. But I'm not demanding that they happen. If they do, they do, they don't, they don't.

Do I think Axl should inform us every time he moves his bowels? No. But I do think keeping us not totally in the dark - providing updates once in a while that are a little more specific - would be cool. I don't think Axl works for me, but I do think a band and it's fans enjoy a symbiotic relationship. Without the band, the fanbase wouldn't exist, but without the fanbase, the band would have no money, no means of supporting itself. I think tossing the fanbase a little bit in the way of news once in a while directly from the one guy whose voice matters isn't asking THAT much. I mean, right now, we don't even know if there is a band in any incarnation.

I'm a positive fan in that I've tried to turn everyone I know in real life onto GN'R at some point or another. I've gone to the concerts when I could afford it, bought two copies of CD (CD and Vinyl), bought t-shirts, basically did my bit. I've defended Axl against a lot of the genuine hate he gets on other boards. You can call it 'discussing hairlines', I call it defending an artist against slander. I think when people accuse Axl of being bald or having plastic surgery, they do it to belittle the man and make him seem like a "freak" - the same with all the people who say Axl is currently "in hiding" simply because he doesn't want a camera in his face 24/7; I don't believe Axl is or ever was a recluse the way some want to paint him, but there are many who have an agenda to paint Axl as the biggest freak in the world because they're bitter things didn't happen the way they wanted back in the '90s. I've tried to debunk certain myths to the best of my ability. I've shown how the break up of the original band was a group effort, and not totally Axl's fault. I've shown that at least at one point, Axl did allow the new band members some level of say, at least in the material, according to Moby back when he worked with the band. I've tried to show that the breakup wasn't a result of Axl being this evil tyrant, but more that Axl and Slash had a lot of miscommunication and probably a lot of industry people feeding their heads with crap.

But, where you and I differ is that, I can also point to this and that instance and say "Axl messed up here", or "Yeah, this was Axl's fault", or "I don't agree with this particular course of action." I've never seen you do that. Your sense of loyalty seems to be (and correct me if I am wrong) based on accepting or falling into full agreement with whatever Axl offers or chooses to do. I don't agree with that. I think the best form of loyalty is to tell someone when you think they're screwing up, because it shows you actually give a crap. Being told you're doing great  100% of the time, and that nothing you do is wrong isn't the way for someone to improve or to feel the need to improve - it's just a route to stagnation.

You can disagree with something and post it on a message board- doesn't mean you had all the details or know anything about why such a decision was really reached.

All I see here is someone trying to justify whining on a message board- it doesn't fly with me.

Posting complaints and unsolicited amateur advice on an internet message board concerning situations you aren't informed on is not the nobel quest you are envisioning, it is laughable. hihi

I have been a supportive fan for 20+ years, and I won't change that stance because some clueless complainers don't like or understand the concept of loyalty.

A miser and a liar bargain quickly
Greek proverb.

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #486 on: October 22, 2015, 02:13:07 PM »

What did someone say earlier.  Whining about people whining is just that...whining.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #487 on: October 22, 2015, 02:13:57 PM »

That's the tricky part, but maybe it's unclear what the next step actually is. There are some hints that a reunion is inevitable, from band defections and Axl and Slash supposedly talking again. Then there are other hints that a reunion is still miles away, Slash looking quite busy with Myles for at least the next year. Maybe they're still trying to decide what the next move is. Is a reunion possible?

I see no way you can call a reunion inevitable, or even likely for that matter.  I think all we can say is that there is at least a chance now, where there had been none.

Honestly, I think the reunion is almost seen as rationalization at this point.  Another way to explain away the absurd delay. 

In other words, people are willing to accept whatever the hell is going on now if there is a payoff down the line in terms of a reunion.  You couldn't say anything until it was ironed out.  But now it is, and isn't it great?  Everyone wins.

But I think its gotten to the point there almost has to be something along those lines, and that's what explains the defections, lack of updates, etc.

If come this time next year its become clear that there is no reunion, thus not the reason for the delay...the obvious question would then be "then what the hell have you been doing?"

What delay?

No release date was announced, there is no set schedule for artists to adhere to concerning releases.

The only delay is in the minds of some "fans".

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #488 on: October 22, 2015, 02:14:58 PM »

What did someone say earlier.  Whining about people whining is just that...whining.

And whining about people whining about whining is just that...whining.

You must have missed the rest of that conversation.

hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #489 on: October 22, 2015, 02:19:11 PM »

Life isn't fair. It's true, and you still have to deal with it. Whining about it rarely levels the playing field, but learning to rise above it is the ultimate reward.

Harvey Mackay

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #490 on: October 22, 2015, 02:22:07 PM »

Life isn't fair. It's true, and you still have to deal with it. Whining about it rarely levels the playing field, but learning to rise above it is the ultimate reward.

Harvey Mackay

Great quote! Physician heal thyself Cheesy

The only fair you get comes around once a year with ferris wheels and merry go rounds.

I think you ought to make that your signature.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 02:23:40 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #491 on: October 22, 2015, 02:25:51 PM »

Then this should be yours...

The tendency to whining and complaining may be taken as the surest sign symptom of little souls and inferior intellects.

Francis Jeffrey

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #492 on: October 22, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »

Here one:

"Shut the fuck up."

Now, back on topic.
Cheers!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #493 on: October 22, 2015, 02:34:10 PM »

Here one:

"Shut the fuck up."

/jarmo

Really.  Do you talk like that to people off the message board?

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #494 on: October 22, 2015, 02:35:30 PM »

it's a quote  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Annie
« Reply #495 on: October 22, 2015, 02:38:20 PM »

it's a quote  hihi
I think the great philosopher and guru was Lafayette from TRUEBLOOD.
 The day we get new music, even if it's just one song, I'll be walking on sunshine. Cool
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 02:41:14 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #496 on: October 22, 2015, 02:47:21 PM »

Really.  Do you talk like that to people off the message board?

You mean people who take part in an off topic Quote War on a GN'R fan site? Maybe!

Ok, just for you:

"Please, shut the fuck up unless you have something relating to the topic to add."
Anonymous admin

Smiley

/jarmo

PS Don't take everything so fucking seriously. For fuck's sake!

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #497 on: October 22, 2015, 02:49:23 PM »

it's a quote  hihi

Haha! It's a great quote and it's my new signature  hihi

Obrigado Jarmo   beer

"Shut the fuck up."
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #498 on: October 22, 2015, 03:12:31 PM »

it's a quote  hihi

AjajAJa, Really

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #499 on: October 22, 2015, 03:33:56 PM »

What delay?

From "starting to look very seriously at what they are doing in that regard" (around mid-2014, per Axl), to whenever they have something for us.

If 2016 or beyond comes and there is some sort of reunion type deal announced, then that's what they were working on putting together.

If 2016 or beyond comes and there is a new album, then that is what they were working on putting together.

If 2016 or beyond comes and its confirmed there is no reunion coming, and still no news on an album....then what the hell have you been doing with your time? 

It sure wasn't looking very seriously at what you are doing in regards to anything new as it pertains to Guns N' Roses.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: