Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:01:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 152955 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #820 on: December 28, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »

If Axl puts Slash back in a GNR stage I would be VERY dissapointed. Artistically, it would be a major step back.

I dont want this to happen. But the thing is I actually think it won't happen. What's the evidence so far?

It looks like something big is going to happen, yes, but why on earth would we forget these words, which have been said just a few years ago?

"There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty", "Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided, and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-in-new-chinese-democracy-interview-20090227#ixzz3vazFZCMc

I dont see how anyone can go from these words to a ''reunion tour'' without scales...
I agree 100%

I can see Duff coming back to replace Tommy if he wants out of the band. I would prefer Tommy but Duff works just as well. I can see Robin coming back, Izzy doing the usual cameos. I could even see Bumblefoot coming back at some point. But thats about it.

Come back to us ....lol

Robin quit this band...twice already! and Bumblefoot?Huh

Allright, i know nothing, im only speculating.

I dont think Bumble is coming back anytime soon, but in the future, if the time is right for everyone, with better conditions , i think its a possibility. (bumble indicated that he didnt get along really well with some people in the band, if those people were for instance Tommy and Ashba...)

I think that Robin did a lot of stuff for the next album, if there ever is one. For the last 20 years he has been on and off Nine Inch Nails and other projects like GNR, He might be interested, he might not, i dont know.

I?m not so sure I understand. If you mean now, well all the clues and rumors indicate there will be a reunion. If you are wondering what?s gonna happen once the reunion tour is over, well very hard to know. Axl could try again with new GN?R but it seems odd. Axl had plenty of time since 1996 to do a lot of things. For different reasons he couldn?t do it, at least he couldn?t do things the way he wanted to. I don?t see why he would want to try again when his original plans didn?t go as he expected them to be.

That is funny, I have attended countless GNR shows since 1996- sure seems like he did something right.

Really? Do you think it was Axl plan that Buckethead, Robin and Brian should leave the band? Do you think it was Axl?s plan to delay the realease of the CD 10 years? Do you think it was Axl?s plan to make just one album with new GN?R?

Roll Eyes

What a stupid set of questions imo, of course some events couldn't be expected but Axl has overcome so many obstacles and continued to soldier on with GNR when it would have been easier to quit.

Some of us appreciate that determination.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #821 on: December 28, 2015, 05:35:29 PM »

Many will probably all of the sudden be more "forgiving" if anything less than good happens during a tour.  hihi

I'm not so sure.

Slash and Duff with an Axl that sounds like he did in 2010 (or, god willing...2006) is going to be very well received.  Through the roof, I'd say.

But all the Slash and Duff in the world is not going to paper over an Axl like we've seen on the last couple of tours, with nothing behind his voice.

Are you suggesting that the simple addition of Slash and Duff to the stage will make people lie about what they are hearing?  

I can't say I see that happening.  Guy either sounds good or not, I think.  Ears don't lie, regardless of what the eyes show.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #822 on: December 28, 2015, 05:36:23 PM »

Many will probably all of the sudden be more "forgiving" if anything less than good happens during a tour.  hihi

From all the years I've spent on different forums, some people certainly have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Axl.

Imagine if there was a reunion show and the setlist was the MTV Ritz 1988 setlist. Exactly the same.

"It's the same setlist! It's the same setlist! Why don't they play new songs?!".  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #823 on: December 28, 2015, 05:37:41 PM »

Funny thing is that if it is a hydrid lineup without Izzy and without new music, in the end, it is just another cash grab tour on a bigger scale with a new lineup. What will be the difference in that than in 2014? Just another Gnr show with another Gnr lineup. Truth is the truth hurts.... hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #824 on: December 28, 2015, 05:38:04 PM »

I'm not so sure.

Slash and Duff with an Axl that sounds like he did in 2010 (or, god willing...2006) is going to be very well received.  Through the roof, I'd say.

But all the Slash and Duff in the world is not going to paper over an Axl like we've seen on the last couple of tours, with nothing behind his voice.

Are you suggesting that the simple addition of Slash and Duff to the stage will make people lie about what they are hearing?  

I can't say I see that happening.  Guy either sounds good or not, I think.  Ears don't lie, regardless of what the eyes show.

He sounded great at the shows I attended in 2014, the only people I see complaining about his voice didn't actually attend shows and choose to whine on the internet.

"Shut the fuck up."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #825 on: December 28, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »

I'm not so sure.

Oh I was thinking more of something like them being a little late or some sort of logistical fuck up at a show.

People have been quick to crucify Axl for such things.

Edit: Yeah, and the setlist... my GOD the setlist.  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #826 on: December 28, 2015, 05:39:06 PM »

Except unless they produce a new song or 2 skydog
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #827 on: December 28, 2015, 05:39:31 PM »

Imagine if there was a reunion show and the setlist was the MTV Ritz 1988 setlist. Exactly the same.

"It's the same setlist! It's the same setlist! Why don't they play new songs?!".  rofl

Not if it sounds good.  That's going to be the key here.

Now, sticking with your example.  If that's all it was that first tour back, I don't think anyone will care.

If 3 years later they come back and do the exact same show?  Then you might see some diminishing levels of impact and appreciation, sure.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #828 on: December 28, 2015, 05:40:07 PM »

Should we wait for something on 0:01 this tuesday? I think I?ll be online  hihi

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #829 on: December 28, 2015, 05:40:16 PM »

I'm not so sure.

He sounded great at the shows I attended in 2014, the only people I see complaining about his voice didn't actually attend shows and choose to whine on the internet.
I'll agree with this comment, I thought he was great in 2013 when I went, my local papers gave him an excellent review.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #830 on: December 28, 2015, 05:40:24 PM »

From all the years I've spent on different forums, some people certainly have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Axl.

/jarmo

I need to save this post and pull it out in the future when the usual suspects start to complain.

Jarmo, you may be Nostradamus Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Princess Leia
« Reply #831 on: December 28, 2015, 05:40:50 PM »

Yeah, if something is announced shortly, more than 95% of the fans will be on board instantly.

Yeah I think once things get announced and we all know details. Then everyone will be on board. Besides for the people who say they will only care if there is an AFD line up reunion I?m sure Izzy will be guest in a show here and there.  And those who only care about the new line up, well if Richard and Frank are around at least they have that.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #832 on: December 28, 2015, 05:41:26 PM »

Oh I was thinking more of something like them being a little late or some sort of logistical fuck up at a show.

People have been quick to crucify Axl for such things.

True, but 2 things strike me about that.

One, I hear pretty consistently that's not a problem for him anymore.  So should be no worries.

However, I also tend to think there is going to be some sort of agreement that Axl will make a better effort to color between the lines.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #833 on: December 28, 2015, 05:41:49 PM »

I said without Izzy and without new music.....CASH GRAB....no different.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #834 on: December 28, 2015, 05:41:57 PM »

It is possible for people to prefer 2002 GNR over the 1987 version, as difficult that may be for you to believe. People have different tastes. It's nothing new really.

True.

But I tend to be a sheer numbers guy in times like this.  The overwhelming majority of the fanbase prefers the older stuff and the classic line-up.

That fact that you might be able to point to some outliers thinking the opposite is vaild, in the sense they do, in fact, exist.  But I'd argue rather inconsequential in the grand scheme given their small size.

Exactly.  It has to be a minority of a minority of a minority amount of people that prefer NuGuns over Classic Guns.  I mean, how many people prefer Phantom Menace to Return of the Jedi (great analogy, btw).  I'm sure they exist, but not in any significant manner.  Christ, look at the songs they played...NuGuns even preferred the Classic lineup!

IMO, some people view it as the ultimate homage to Axl...continuing to fight for his (soon to be changed) vision of Guns.
It may be a small number of fans, but there are more than a few who have posted here in the last few days and some people seem to doubt they can truly believe what they post. It doesn't really matter how badly they're outnumbered. They do exist, and they are free to have their own opinions. You don't have to agree with them. Again, this concept isn't anything new.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 05:45:13 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #835 on: December 28, 2015, 05:43:09 PM »

I said without Izzy and without new music.....CASH GRAB....no different.

And I'd still think you were wrong as DX said above.  Roll Eyes
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #836 on: December 28, 2015, 05:43:15 PM »

I think he sounded good at the residency.  Not as much in South America 3 months prior.

Even if you want to leave maximum wiggle room for "subjectivity", you would have to at least concede he did not sound the same on both tours.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #837 on: December 28, 2015, 05:43:39 PM »

Now, sticking with your example.  If that's all it was that first tour back, I don't think anyone will care.

If 3 years later they come back and do the exact same show?  Then you might see some diminishing levels of impact and appreciation, sure.

It's only "the same show" to a select few. For the rest, it's yet another kick ass show.  beer

Maybe you'd stay at home then....  Smiley

I think he sounded good at the residency.  Not as much in South America 3 months prior.

Generalizations....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #838 on: December 28, 2015, 05:46:56 PM »

It's only "the same show" to a select few. For the rest, it's yet another kick ass show.  beer

Maybe you'd stay at home then....  Smiley

I think he sounded good at the residency.  Not as much in South America 3 months prior.

Generalizations....

/jarmo

The set list thing doesn't bother me as much as others, of course a few songs which haven't been played in a while would be great to see and I think we will get that if Slash and Diff are back. I see no reason why that wouldn't happen.

I most certainly wouldn't be staying at home!  Cheesy
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #839 on: December 28, 2015, 05:47:06 PM »

I think he sounded good at the residency.  Not as much in South America 3 months prior.

Even if you want to leave maximum wiggle room for "subjectivity", you would have to at least concede he did not sound the same on both tours.

So how many shows did you attend in South America?

You are one of those people that doesn't attend shows and lives to complain on the internet - guess it helps to vent nerd rage.  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: