Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:07:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  5 Reasons Guns N' Roses Will Reunite and 5 Reasons They Won't
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5 Reasons Guns N' Roses Will Reunite and 5 Reasons They Won't  (Read 11908 times)
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 04:15:14 PM »

Damn so inaccurate. They are not a club act, the venues they play in are pretty big on average. Also anything they said about Axl doing think for money or using that as a reunion isn't valid.

Not lately, not domestically.
Well I mean, obviously. But I wouldnt call the hard rock shoes "clubs" rock on the range was in a huge stadium, most the South America shows were pretty big, they played rock in rio in 2011, I'm not too sure what he was talking about.

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 04:17:42 PM »

They looked at the tour dates and jumped to a conclusion, just like our friend over there in the corner who ignores my posts because he loves discussions when he can always be right. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 04:19:10 PM »

Well I mean, obviously. But I wouldnt call the hard rock shoes "clubs" rock on the range was in a huge stadium, most the South America shows were pretty big, they played rock in rio in 2011, I'm not too sure what he was talking about.

He's referring to the size of the venues for the last 2 Las Vegas residencies in 2012 and 2014.  Its the most substantive touring they've done, stateside.  And they sure ain't arenas.

Rock On The Range was not only a one off, but a festival.  Tough for one act to really claim that was all them.  Like a movie with 2 or 3 A-list stars, who can really say they were the one that moved the tickets?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 04:19:26 PM »

They looked at the tour dates and jumped to a conclusion, just like our friend over there in the corner who ignores my posts because he loves discussions when he can always be right. Cheesy

/jarmo

I wasn't ignoring, just didn't know if it was towards me Wink

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2015, 04:43:49 PM »

There's only 1 important reason why I think they wont reunite...

its Axl's repeatedly saying they wont.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yGGZUrNyUE

I believe Axl has character. And will stay behind 20 years of statements saying Reunion wont happen ever. In case he changes his mind... I'll loose some respect for him.
(if it happens, u can stop considering me a fan of the person. just music then)

Did you lose respect for Axl when he made nice with Izzy and Duff?  He said some pretty harsh stuff about those two as well, yet then went on stage with them years later.  

All these past quotes from Axl are meaningless now.  Things change.

stuff about Duff and Izzy were always in the lines of good taste, if there ever were any bad words.
unlike this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf8FqSsQP28
or the 01 expulsion from HOB
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 04:45:28 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 05:05:36 PM »

I wasn't ignoring, just didn't know if it was towards me Wink

Nah, not you. That guy, who last time he tried to argue this same point, was told by the band's management that he's in fact wrong. Something he likes to act never happened and can't stand when I bring it up!  hihi

GN'R gets offered to headline (notice the word headline) US festivals and asked to do multiple residencies, then add some dates around those. This is some kind of evidence that there's less demand for GN'R.
Festivals pick headliners based on who they think will bring people. I don't think this little nugget of info will be presented by these experts though....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 05:27:53 PM »

stuff about Duff and Izzy were always in the lines of good taste, if there ever were any bad words.

Yeah, different level of anger.  No doubt.

He did those speeches at RIRIII, but it was more of a catch all about how the universe was against him.

He didn't single out Duff and Izzy like he did Slash, later on.

Would be cool if things really did thaw.  Who the hell stays this mad for 20 years without a dead body or a jail term?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 05:42:00 PM »

Conclusion:

It ain't happening. No matter how much we all want to see this show, it simply isn't going to happen. Axl is Axl, and he doesn't care about our happiness. There will probably be another 10,000 articles about this over the next few months, but it doesn't matter. It isn't happening.

Then again ?

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/5-reasons-guns-n-roses-will-reunite-and-5-reasons-they-wont-20151113#ixzz3sjbP8yfd
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Only Promotion For RS MAGAZINE

rofl hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Princess Leia
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2015, 03:30:19 AM »

Call us cynical, but the video looks a little fishy.  It's possible the quote was either out of context or Slash didn't quite hear the question right.

This is exactly what I've said all along.  The entire world has been erupting with overly optimistic furor over one quote that was never on the level to begin with.

2. There's not a single credible report out there.
Despite the countless articles written about this over the past few months, nobody has produced anything concrete. That explanation could be pretty simple: There is nothing concrete about this. It's just rumor, irresponsible journalism and the fevered wishes of hardcore fans.

And again.

The thing is this rumor is spining out of control. If it is 120% bullshit then why nobody bothers to stop it once and for all? Are they thinking it is goin to fade away? Well it isn?t.

I know what Vicky Hamilton said. But she hasn?t been their manager in 30 years. And Axl has said "not in this life time" I?m afraid he has to repeat it as many times as necessary until fans and the media understand that the reunion is not going to happen.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2015, 05:31:15 AM »

Call us cynical, but the video looks a little fishy.  It's possible the quote was either out of context or Slash didn't quite hear the question right.

This is exactly what I've said all along.  The entire world has been erupting with overly optimistic furor over one quote that was never on the level to begin with.

Despite the countless articles written about this over the past few months, nobody has produced anything concrete. That explanation could be pretty simple: There is nothing concrete about this. It's just rumor, irresponsible journalism and the fevered wishes of hardcore fans.

And again.

The thing is this rumor is spining out of control. If it is 120% bullshit then why nobody bothers to stop it once and for all? Are they thinking it is goin to fade away? Well it isn?t.

I know what Vicky Hamilton said. But she hasn?t been their manager in 30 years. And Axl has said "not in this life time" I?m afraid he has to repeat it as many times as necessary until fans and the media understand that the reunion is not going to happen.

even if its a no go, why stop all the buzz? the band is getting a lot of attention. if axl and slash are cool again, maybe slash doesnt mind helping his buddy out by doing... well, nothing. its a decent enough approach. do or say nothing and get a free build up of buzz. i heard the rumors are even helping afd sales. if thats true, then everyone wins by keeping quiet.

i dont agree that it wont go away though. this level of buzz can only last for so long without another shock being put into it at some point to move it up to the next octave. things this intense dont just stay the same on their own. the energy either has to move up or down at some point. there is no such thing as perpetual motion in terms of things like these.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2015, 06:12:56 AM »

He's referring to the size of the venues for the last 2 Las Vegas residencies in 2012 and 2014.  Its the most substantive touring they've done, stateside.  And they sure ain't arenas.

Rock On The Range was not only a one off, but a festival.  Tough for one act to really claim that was all them.  Like a movie with 2 or 3 A-list stars, who can really say they were the one that moved the tickets?

is it really that fun to keep the same fights going over the same two or three topics for however many years now? theyve been debated to death already.

as for all this "we" stuff, sure, others may engage in the debates and side with you from time to time, but youre almost always at the center of it. arent you on a whole different level? maybe you just love to debate. i really dont know. but something tells me you badly want a fight with axl and or tb, and you want to win. thats what i took from your exchange with fernando. when you "won", your "fans" saw it as a major victory. wasnt that how you put it? except in some wwf lingo or something?

anyway, i hope everyone enjoyed their thanksgiving, and im thankful for my dysfunctional family here at htgth. while we may not always see eye to eye, we sure do spend a lot of time talking to eachother.

Princess Leia
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2015, 09:31:47 AM »

And again.

even if its a no go, why stop all the buzz? the band is getting a lot of attention. if axl and slash are cool again, maybe slash doesnt mind helping his buddy out by doing... well, nothing. its a decent enough approach. do or say nothing and get a free build up of buzz. i heard the rumors are even helping afd sales. if thats true, then everyone wins by keeping quiet.

i dont agree that it wont go away though. this level of buzz can only last for so long without another shock being put into it at some point to move it up to the next octave. things this intense dont just stay the same on their own. the energy either has to move up or down at some point. there is no such thing as perpetual motion in terms of things like these.

Create buzz based on a lie it could back fire for all of them. And it is unfair for the fans who at this moment have great expectation about a reunion.

Do you really think that Slash, Duff, and Izzy are gonna sell more of their own albums because of this rumor? And I?m not so sure there will be millions of people out there rushing to buy an eventual CD II only because there is a media madness about reunion and more AFD sales
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2015, 01:48:33 PM »

I think right now most of the rumors are "will they/won't they".

It's still pretty "harmless" in a way compared to say rumors about actual tour dates (dates/places).

/jarmo

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »

That's exactly it though.  The rumors won't go away no matter what.  Axl and Slash could publicly swear on both their deceased mothers' eternal souls that there will be no reunion, and fans will still keep debating and believing.

If Axl and Slash are aware of the latest rumors, they're both probably thinking, "sweet jesus, this again?  People really don't have anything better to do with their time?"  Since Axl and Slash both have better things to do with THEIR time (even if just re-caulking their bathtubs), they don't waste time responding to reunion rumors......again......and again.......and again.

. And Axl has said "not in this life time" I?m afraid he has to repeat it as many times as necessary until fans and the media understand that the reunion is not going to happen.

Yeah, which again, won't ever happen, so why would Axl bother saying anything?  Refuting Gun N Roses reunion rumors is about as fruitful as trying to tell people leprechauns, unicorns, and UFOs don't exist.  If you believe it, nothing's going to change your mind.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:32:21 PM by Bridge » Logged
Princess Leia
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2015, 05:11:41 PM »

There will always be fans and people in the media and in the industry who won?t give up. But one thing is to dream about a reunion and other thing is this current situation. Axl could give us news about CDII. Why isn?t he saying anything about it? That could calm things down. Both fans and the media would have something else to talk about it. And it will show that Axl is focused on the new album and new band.

The rumors are not only fuel by those fews Slash words about himself and Axl relationship. We know that BBF and DJ left. Since Vegas everything about NuGN?R is in a limbo to say the least.  Do you think we will have so much talk about reunion if we knew for sure that Axl and the new band are working together on CDII?
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »

At this point I don't see any reason CD II will ever see the light of day.  Axl said in 2002 CD would be released that year then release another a year after that then another a year after that and tour the entire time. 

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2015, 08:34:09 PM »

At this point I don't see any reason CD II will ever see the light of day.  Axl said in 2002 CD would be released that year then release another a year after that then another a year after that and tour the entire time. 

How dare circumstances arise that delayed the release plan, how dare life happen and change plans! How unfair to you  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2015, 09:20:10 PM »

How dare circumstances arise that delayed the release plan, how dare life happen and change plans! How unfair to you  Roll Eyes

Why do you have to treat anyone who has even an inkling of doubt like they're scum at the edge of a pond? Are you aware of how nasty and condescending you come off to anyone who doesn't tow "everything is 100% great, 100% of the time, everything that happens is great!" party line? Treating anyone who even shows the slightest smidgen of doubt or despair like they're the bad guy, or like they're an idiot who needs to be talked to like they're five, doesn't exactly win hearts and minds. If your attitude is the official GN'R party line ("Support everything we do, all the time, no matter what, don't question anything at all, ever, or fuck off"), can you see why some people would feel pretty alienated by that? Not everyone who is unhappy is unhappy because they're a hater or a troll or because they hate Axl. Many people, myself included, want to see Axl succeed and don't see the current strategy working. Wanting someone succeed, and feeling disappointed in their choices, is not hatred or lack of support.

If a parent disapproves of a child's doings, because they feel that child is wasting their potential, does the parent hate the child? Or are they disapproving because they love the child and in their minds, feel the child could do better?
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2015, 10:25:18 PM »

Why do you have to treat anyone who has even an inkling of doubt like they're scum at the edge of a pond? Are you aware of how nasty and condescending you come off to anyone who doesn't tow "everything is 100% great, 100% of the time, everything that happens is great!" party line? Treating anyone who even shows the slightest smidgen of doubt or despair like they're the bad guy, or like they're an idiot who needs to be talked to like they're five, doesn't exactly win hearts and minds. If your attitude is the official GN'R party line ("Support everything we do, all the time, no matter what, don't question anything at all, ever, or fuck off"), can you see why some people would feel pretty alienated by that? Not everyone who is unhappy is unhappy because they're a hater or a troll or because they hate Axl. Many people, myself included, want to see Axl succeed and don't see the current strategy working. Wanting someone succeed, and feeling disappointed in their choices, is not hatred or lack of support.

If a parent disapproves of a child's doings, because they feel that child is wasting their potential, does the parent hate the child? Or are they disapproving because they love the child and in their minds, feel the child could do better?

Give up she is insane. How anyone cannot follow your logic is beyond me. To express disappointment and even have doubts based on history is NOT HATING.

And don't get huffy because I called you insane Emily, you are the poster child for personal attacks.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:28:12 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2015, 10:34:28 PM »

And again.

Create buzz based on a lie it could back fire for all of them. And it is unfair for the fans who at this moment have great expectation about a reunion.

Do you really think that Slash, Duff, and Izzy are gonna sell more of their own albums because of this rumor? And I?m not so sure there will be millions of people out there rushing to buy an eventual CD II only because there is a media madness about reunion and more AFD sales

i dont know if its true, but i heard afd recently appeared at #80 on the charts again because of the buzz. and you may be right, but in showbiz theres also the whole "any publicity is good publicity" angle. people are talking about gnr again. even if theres no reunion, there may be some upside to that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: