Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:53:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl Declines Induction Into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - You Remember?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Declines Induction Into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - You Remember?  (Read 8605 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« on: November 18, 2015, 11:51:59 PM »

Guns N' Roses fans shouldn't hold their breath for a reunion of the original band members at this weekend's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony.

In an open letter released Wednesday the group's frontman Axl Rose says he doesn't plan to attend the ceremony in Cleveland and "I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame."

Referring to the band's falling out in 1996, Rose, 50, says having the group inducted would be "somewhat of a complicated or awkward situation."

He adds, "I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia ... this decision is personal. I certainly don't intend to disappoint anyone, especially the fans, with this decision."

Keep up with your favorite celebs in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

Calling out former band mate Steven Adler for spreading "reunion lies," Rose says the only two original members he'd ever consider sharing a stage with again are Izzy Stradlin and Duff McKagan.

Of the original rockers, famous for hits like "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Paradise City," Rose says simply, "Time to move on. People get divorced. Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending, especially at another's ? or in this case, several others' ? expense."

Nevertheless, the Hall of Fame says Guns and Roses will still be inducted, and Green Day will do the honors. "We are sorry Axl will not be able to accept his Induction in person," the institution said in a statement.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20586457,00.html

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 11:58:06 PM »

Close this please...

axlvai  Cool

axlvai
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 06:49:04 AM »

Good on him for turning it down if he didnt believe in it. I like that he doesnt go against what he thinks is right. Right and wrong is sometimes more subjective than other times, but ultimately, if you dont follow your own right and wrong and have no interest in doing so than what kind of person are you? You are like everyone else, operating out of mere interest in profit or simply following the leader, doing what you have to do in order to be accepted by the pack because thats what your inner mammal tells you to do. To surpass and go beyond that deeply embedded instinct written into our dna is exceptional. Sure, everyone falls short of their own ideals sometimes, but that doesnt mean its not worth trying. Anything is better than living in conflict with yourself. Who can stand the humiliation that comes along with that?

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 07:01:30 AM »

Just becuase he is "friends" (unconfirmed by Axl) still doesn't mean he would every consider it. That's the root behind many of these reunions

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 09:38:31 AM »

Here is why things *might* be different now.  (please note the use of that word)

Axl still had plans to tour with the most recent band later that same year they were inducted. 

The second he gets onstage with the real band, the number of fucks people will give about his replacement line-up plummets.  People are willing to accept his revolving cast of thousands when faced with the prospect he simply cannot do anything with the originals.  Once you show you can do so, that invalidates that argument.

So now fans are left with looking at the line-up of replacement players and wondering just why they hell he would be sticking with it.

At this point in time, he has no immediate plans to tour.  Hell, he doesn't even have a freaking band right now.  Couldn't tour, even if he wanted to.

The situation in 2016 is not the same as it was in the spring of 2012.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 02:32:01 PM »

I think wasting 20 years is the biggest regret they all may have...If there is a reunion. I mean  things didn?t go as plan for Axl. I?m sure we wanted CD to come out a lot earlier. The album didn?t make any big impact. Besides the revolving door band members. Slash, Duff and Sorum had VR but it didn?t last long. Izzy, an album here and there but nothing huge. All because of big egos, wrong advice and stupidity all around.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 03:08:20 PM »

I think wasting 20 years is the biggest regret they all may have...If there is a reunion. I mean  things didn?t go as plan for Axl. I?m sure we wanted CD to come out a lot earlier. The album didn?t make any big impact. Besides the revolving door band members. Slash, Duff and Sorum had VR but it didn?t last long. Izzy, an album here and there but nothing huge. All because of big egos, wrong advice and stupidity all around.

True story.

This band is the ultimate case of what might have been and one serious god damn cautionary tale.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 05:58:43 PM »

You make it sound like everybody's motivated by money and chart success.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 06:27:05 AM »

You make it sound like everybody's motivated by money and chart success.

/jarmo

Uh? Where? Sorry I don?t follow  Huh
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 11:58:04 AM »

Uh? Where? Sorry I don?t follow  Huh

For example:

Izzy, an album here and there but nothing huge.

Maybe he's happy doing that?
Doesn't have to be because of egos, stupidity or wrong advice.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 03:20:28 PM »

He could be happy but still Izzy being away doesn?t help neither GN?R nor us fans. I want to see Izzy writing songs with Axl, Slash and Duff. He has perfomed with new GN?R and he has being a guest in albums by Slash and Duff. Instead of doing things half way he could do it the right way.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 05:02:40 PM »

And I want to see Izzy being happy doing whatever he chooses to.

The same goes for the rest of them.

So whatever you try to pass as "us fans", doesn't apply for all of us. Just because you have "needs" doesn't mean those are shared by all.

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 03:07:21 AM »

So whatever you try to pass as "us fans", doesn't apply for all of us. Just because you have "needs" doesn't mean those are shared by all.

/jarmo

See, comments like this are part of the point I was making. There is no "us fans" Why? Because of the band?s members fights, big egos and stupity. This is what they have accomplished, a divison among fans. Even if there is a reunion still there will be unhappy fans because they want CD II and Robin Fink. And others will be unhappy because they want Slash to keep making albums with Myles and Conspirators. Back in 1993 things were very different.

None of the old band members manage to become the new Rogers Walters or the new Sting. Their biggest accomplishment was fans divisi?n, irrelevant albums, bitterness and wasted time
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 06:11:41 AM »

/jarmo

See, comments like this are part of the point I was making. There is no "us fans" Why? Because of the band?s members fights, big egos and stupity. This is what they have accomplished, a divison among fans. Even if there is a reunion still there will be unhappy fans because they want CD II and Robin Fink. And others will be unhappy because they want Slash to keep making albums with Myles and Conspirators. Back in 1993 things were very different.

None of the old band members manage to become the new Rogers Walters or the new Sting. Their biggest accomplishment was fans divisi?n, irrelevant albums, bitterness and wasted time

Wow Bitter and Butthurt much?

I certainly don't share your narrow views so don't include me in your "us fans" talk.  no

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 07:36:38 AM »

No, the problem is that you make a generalization to validate your personal preferences.
You want something, so instead of saying "I want this" you'll say "us fans want this". Makes you look less selfish.

The division has always been there. Those that think about what they want and those who are happy knowing the band does what they want.

By the way, sounds to be like the one who's bitter and wasting time is you. Smiley

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 08:36:57 AM »

No, there were no division back in 1991 during the UYI Tour. Are you saying that back in 91 or 93 you wanted Slash, Izzy and Duff out of the band and doing solo projects?

No I?m not bitter at all. If I?m wasting time you also waste your time with me. So it is both of us wasting our time together. Isn?t that lovely sweetheart?  love  You can call me anything you want if that makes you happy honey    Wink

All I?m saying is I feel bad about everything the went on over the last 20 + years among the members of my favorite band. Because it wasn?t worthy. Yes, it is my point of view and how I feel. You are free to believe anything you want.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 09:57:23 AM »

No, there were no division back in 1991 during the UYI Tour. Are you saying that back in 91 or 93 you wanted Slash, Izzy and Duff out of the band and doing solo projects?

Quote me where I said that. Please.  ok

Yes. There was a division even back then.
Those who liked certain things, those who didn't.

Are you saying every fan, for example, liked the ballads?

No I´m not bitter at all. If I´m wasting time you also waste your time with me. So it is both of us wasting our time together. Isn´t that lovely sweetheart?  love  You can call me anything you want if that makes you happy honey    Wink

All I´m saying is I feel bad about everything the went on over the last 20 + years among the members of my favorite band. Because it wasn´t worthy. Yes, it is my point of view and how I feel. You are free to believe anything you want.

Your sarcasm is misplaced.
I'm still not convinced that you're not bitter though.

And yes, sometimes this is wasting time. I'm not complaining about it....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:02:31 AM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 09:11:09 AM »

These people are not your friends.  They aren't your buddies.  They aren't your family.

How many disagreements around here can be traced to that rather fundamental disconnect?

These people came into our lives because they made rock songs we dug.  That's it.  That's the relationship.

If you have you have convinced yourself you have some kinship with any of them, that's on you.  If you feel they need to be protected, defended, and great thought needs to be given to their feelings, that's also on you.

But my god, wake up and smell the minority view, because the odor is pungent.  Expecting people to share that weird fascination you may have with thinking these people are actual figures in your life that you laugh with, share with, and have over for the holidays...its just not going happen.

They make music we like.  Or used to, anyway.  That's how they are viewed by most of us, first and foremost. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 11:39:06 AM »

I don't know who your post is aimed at.

Can't be me since you're ignoring me. Cheesy
Yay!

But to the rest of the people reading, I can say that even if you don't know a person, you can still wish for them to be able to do what makes them happy. It's not really a weird concept.
Do what you want, as long as it's not hurting anybody else. It applies to many things in life. Not just people who were in a band together.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: