Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:32:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.  (Read 66391 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2015, 06:23:48 AM »

The case between Frontline and GN'R in 2010 looks into Chinese Democracy and what affected it's sales.

The public document is here http://www.khpslaw.com/pdf-Cross-Complaint-filed-5_17_2010.PDF
I didnt know all this stuff.

Explains a lot of things.
What happened to the case, did Axl win it?

It was settled a year later http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/settlements-reached-in-lawsuits-between-axl-rose-and-former-manager/
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #241 on: December 13, 2015, 09:57:56 AM »

The case between Frontline and GN'R in 2010 looks into Chinese Democracy and what affected it's sales.

The public document is here http://www.khpslaw.com/pdf-Cross-Complaint-filed-5_17_2010.PDF

Yeah, I had read through this all before.

Axl has a lot of very legitimate beefs with Azoff.  That Van Halen thing alone is a disgrace.

I think its obvious to anyone that Azoff's actions and motivations were sketchy at best, outright deceptive lies at worst.

But do we even have this album without Irving Azoff?  Like it or not, pretty much as soon as he came onboard, he got things moving on a release.  And within 7 months, the album was on shelves.  An album that had been in limbo seemingly forever.

You get the album, but that was all. The release did not reflect the expectations of Axl in any way at all.

Imagine being Axl and reading on the internet the frustrations of the fans because of the lack of promotion. Everything that happens with GN'R reflects on him and him alone.

Also, in terms of releasing another album, how is Axl going to feel about that. Imagine the distrust he must have of the record company and alot of other people. You spend years of your life creating something only for the above to happen. It must feel awful.
Big time.

Remember after the huge Tokyo show in 2009 Axl said that this has been the worst year of his life.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #242 on: December 13, 2015, 10:29:45 AM »

It was settled a year later http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/settlements-reached-in-lawsuits-between-axl-rose-and-former-manager/

Interesting read.  I note that Axl and his attorneys refer to the the AFD lineup as the "original member of Guns n Roses".  Can we please put this stupid semantics argument to bed?
Princess Leia
« Reply #243 on: December 13, 2015, 10:37:25 AM »

Yeah, I had read through this all before.

Axl has a lot of very legitimate beefs with Azoff.  That Van Halen thing alone is a disgrace.

I think its obvious to anyone that Azoff's actions and motivations were sketchy at best, outright deceptive lies at worst.

But do we even have this album without Irving Azoff?  Like it or not, pretty much as soon as he came onboard, he got things moving on a release.  And within 7 months, the album was on shelves.  An album that had been in limbo seemingly forever.

You get the album, but that was all. The release did not reflect the expectations of Axl in any way at all.

Imagine being Axl and reading on the internet the frustrations of the fans because of the lack of promotion. Everything that happens with GN'R reflects on him and him alone.

Also, in terms of releasing another album, how is Axl going to feel about that. Imagine the distrust he must have of the record company and alot of other people. You spend years of your life creating something only for the above to happen. It must feel awful.

True, I remember reading about the Azoff mess. I never understood why the guy took the job when he wanted to do things that Axl at that time Axl didn?t want. He knew that Axl didn?t want a reunion.

And on top of that  Axl had to deal with Universal and with guys like Iovine. Clearly the music industry was better off before this conglomerates era.
Annie
« Reply #244 on: December 13, 2015, 11:16:11 AM »

Azoff is the prot?g?e of Jerry Heller.  He is a very ruthless man who sucks the life force out of artists because he has no talent of his own. He is very greedy.  He is all about money and he has no integrity.
Annie
« Reply #245 on: December 13, 2015, 11:17:09 AM »

Princess Leia why did you quote me in your signature?
Princess Leia
« Reply #246 on: December 13, 2015, 11:44:42 AM »

I find it interesting...  smoking
Annie
« Reply #247 on: December 13, 2015, 11:52:12 AM »

I find it interesting...  smoking
Ok .That's cool. I did something totally out of character and wore it three days in a row. Posted alot of pics on the visitor posts on the official Nightrain facebbok page.The shirt brought me really good luck. Bitty Ted and my friend and I got to meet the ultimate Thunder Buddy Chris Hemsworth just outside of Rockerfeller Center. Turns out he was in NYC to film SNL.And we met the Catcher in Times Square. We were also at the Star Wars costume exhibit and my friend did not want to see any Star Wars previews and one of the people said she was on on the lookout for the GUNSNROSES people who were wearing matching GNR shirts. Was kinda cool.We even got to chat up some really cool NYPD officers in Times Square who were GNR fans.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #248 on: December 13, 2015, 12:58:50 PM »

Interesting read.  I note that Axl and his attorneys refer to the the AFD lineup as the "original member of Guns n Roses".  Can we please put this stupid semantics argument to bed?

Oh look, Bait.

It also says on #37 that Azoff wanted to sabotage things so Axl would have no choice but to tour with the GNR lineup from Appetite for Destruction and Use Your Illusion.

History does not change no matter how much you want it to.  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #249 on: December 13, 2015, 01:37:01 PM »

Oh look, Bait.

yes, and u bite

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #250 on: December 13, 2015, 01:41:34 PM »

It's a non-argument and I'm bored waiting on a taxi Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #251 on: December 13, 2015, 02:47:42 PM »

Oh look, Bait.

It also says on #37 that Azoff wanted to sabotage things so Axl would have no choice but to tour with the GNR lineup from Appetite for Destruction and Use Your Illusion.

Not bait at all.  I find it very interesting that they used the phrase original members of Guns N Roses.  We've spent countless posts discussing this issue, and it's interesting that Axl and his legal team call the AFD lineup the original members.  Why would they do that?  Do they not know the real history?  Or, are they just acknowledging what the rest of the world (save a handful of people here) deems the original members of GnR?

I'm not trying to change history.  I am trying to show you that no one (not even Axl) gives a shit about your technically correct, yet meaningless, distinction of original members.  But keep setting the record straight.  Maybe in his next lawsuit Axl will get it right.  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #252 on: December 13, 2015, 02:59:09 PM »

No, "nobody cares" as long as they get labeled original and founding members. But if somebody dares to point out how the band actually started.... Shit, meet your new best friend, a fan.
Some of you are very sensitive regarding this topic. You don't like that part of the band's history and you're fine with a rewritten version of history being presented as the truth.

Hey, whatever works for you! Don't just get all pissy about it when other Internet geeks actually give a damn about facts. Smiley

The constant need to bring up the subject says enough.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2015, 03:03:08 PM »

I'll just bump my question in case it was somehow overlooked:

Just because I'm not going to sit here and laughably try and pretend everything is going swimmingly doesn't mean I don't still hope it might...eventually.

One question: When was the last time everything went swimmingly for "us"?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #254 on: December 13, 2015, 06:32:57 PM »

Oh look, Bait.

Not bait at all.  I find it very interesting that they used the phrase original members of Guns N Roses.  We've spent countless posts discussing this issue, and it's interesting that Axl and his legal team call the AFD lineup the original members.  Why would they do that?  Do they not know the real history?  Or, are they just acknowledging what the rest of the world (save a handful of people here) deems the original members of GnR?

I'm not trying to change history.  I am trying to show you that no one (not even Axl) gives a shit about your technically correct, yet meaningless, distinction of original members.  But keep setting the record straight.  Maybe in his next lawsuit Axl will get it right.  hihi

Because they are likely talking about the original legal partnership "Guns n Roses".  Not the band "guns n Roses".

They are two separate and distinct things.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2015, 07:59:31 PM »

Just because I'm not going to sit here and laughably try and pretend everything is going swimmingly doesn't mean I don't still hope it might...eventually.

/jarmo

1993 and 2009. 93 because Guns was still a global force and gave interviews pretty regularly and there was a focus on a future vision for the band (which sadly never happened), and 2009 because CD had finally came out, Axl gave several interviews and sang great, seemed to have fire in his belly and seemed to actually be really interested in putting CD II out.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2015, 08:02:31 PM »

wow, ive never read that lawsuit stuff before. the band really has had it rough. that just blew my mind. thanks for posting that mysteron. it makes perfect sense why things are the way they are now.

sure dx, azoff may have gotten cd released, but he did it by lying. its like sleeping with a girl by promising her youre gonna marry her afterwards and then not following through. total scumbag stuff. it must suck always being treated as an object instead of a person by both business partners and fans.

very cool that he didnt give in on his anti reunion stance despite all the bullying, and makes me question a little more if a reunion is actually materializing.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #257 on: December 13, 2015, 08:42:00 PM »

Not in this century.

2006 probably had the best potential.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2015, 06:09:05 AM »

Not in this century.

2006 probably had the best potential.

I'm assuming the last few years of the last weren't going swimmingly either. So about 15-20 years of you waiting for the next time things start going swimmingly again.
That must be frustrating for you.
Wonder if it's even more frustrating (if that's the word) to see others being able to enjoy themselves without carrying the baggage of all those years of feeling frustrated..... Who knows.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2015, 07:48:14 AM »

sure dx, azoff may have gotten cd released, but he did it by lying. its like sleeping with a girl by promising her youre gonna marry her afterwards and then not following through. total scumbag stuff. it must suck always being treated as an object instead of a person by both business partners and fans.

Seems very underhanded.

I assume its only the fact the van Helen talk never got out of the discussion stages that keeps it from being outright fraud.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: