Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:11:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.  (Read 65922 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #360 on: December 17, 2015, 04:26:47 PM »

I don't think Slash or Duff would and will sit still in waiting for something to move on GNR ...if it's even being considered.

So therefore either of them working on songs for something else at present time doesn't mean something with GNR isn't happening.

SMKC can't be a full time operation for Slash since Myles is in Alter Bridge as well.  And, if GN'R weren't playing until next spring or summer, I don't see what the conflict is with writing/recording songs between now and next spring.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #361 on: December 17, 2015, 04:30:45 PM »

SMKC can't be a full time operation for Slash since Myles is in Alter Bridge as well.  And, if GN'R weren't playing until next spring or summer, I don't see what the conflict is with writing/recording songs between now and next spring.

I agree.

But do you find it odd on any level that Slash cuts off all communication with Eddie in terms of a reunion, but is willing to talk about this?

Could that be a passive aggressive "let's talk about something that is actually real" type of deal?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #362 on: December 17, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »

because Slash will actually get off his ass and have something else for his fans, while our man is highly unlikely to do so.

That's the argument.

and if our boy release an album there wont be a reunion, amagad!

is it also bad for us and axl if current gnr-members releases stuff before cd2?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #363 on: December 17, 2015, 04:38:18 PM »

I agree.

But do you find it odd on any level that Slash cuts off all communication with Eddie in terms of a reunion, but is willing to talk about this?

Could that be a passive aggressive "let's talk about something that is actually real" type of deal?
Could be, yeah.  It would be easier to determine that knowing the full context of the conversation.  Was GN'R even brought up?  If so, how did he react? So and so forth.

Ali
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #364 on: December 17, 2015, 04:59:29 PM »

I agree.

Could be, yeah.  It would be easier to determine that knowing the full context of the conversation.  Was GN'R even brought up?  If so, how did he react? So and so forth.

Ali

I imagine if there is discussions then there probably is a gag order.  If that's the case then Slash probably asked/told Eddie off the record that he can't talk about it or something similar, I would think.

If him and Eddie are friends as Eddie says then I'm sure he wouldn't speak on it until it is known that he can.  My imo.
Annie
« Reply #365 on: December 17, 2015, 05:13:26 PM »

What I don't understand is, if there is no reunion, why nobody shoots down all of the rumors ?!  crying

I agree.  But silence is not "proof" of anything, unfortuantely.

You could just as easily argue there have been no comments because neither side feels the need, as they are long on record being against the idea.

Yes, but when you've got people close to Axl saying they hope they get together (TOMMY, DJ ASHBA) (having a clue or not of what is going on), its far different than a rumor on a brazilian site, that PEPE from Mexico can edit.  rant

How can Eddie even post that on twitter, knowing damn well what we all want to hear? Nobody cares about Conspirators songs, Either Post: No, the reunion isnt happening, Slash is working on his stuff. OR Yes, The reunion is happening, Slash is also working on his stuff.

hihi Im going to become like Twilight Annie and start hating Eddie Trunk  hihi

Haha Woody.  The more Eddie shoots his mouth off the more convinced I am that my impression from my short encounter with him was correct. I don't hate him. I just don't think he has a lot of integrity. People here said that it can be unsettling to be approached by a fan. Well he should be grateful that he has fans. He has no real talent.  Hell I met Chris Hemsworth just walking down the street in NYC at MN after he had spent the whole day rehearsing for SNL. He was very nice and he even took a picture with Bitty Ted.
Annie
« Reply #366 on: December 17, 2015, 05:50:17 PM »

Yes, but when you've got people close to Axl saying they hope they get together (TOMMY, DJ ASHBA) (having a clue or not of what is going on), its far different than a rumor on a brazilian site, that PEPE from Mexico can edit.  rant

Hahahaha

Axl is the only one with anything to lose if this doesn't happen.

If there is no reunion, fans of each side will then ask what they will be doing instead.  Slash will have answer to that question, so no worries for him..

Will Axl?  Highly unlikely.
That is not true. You don't know what is going on with Axl.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #367 on: December 17, 2015, 05:51:49 PM »

In Summary, GNR Keep Looking 2 New Guitars For 2016

Happy Holidays

peace

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #368 on: December 17, 2015, 05:55:19 PM »

Is "clickbait" a popular gripe among other circles? or is it only a GNR la la land kind of thing?  Smiley

I hear it with other groups, but few take it as personal as this fanbase.

I've seen people resent the practice, but more in just an eye-rolling way.

This fanbase, though?  Its an outrage, the guy is unprofessional, and the basically he's reason that puppies go unadopted and old people die.  All because of clickbait.

I Googled "I hate clickbait", Google tells me there's about 489 000 results.
I guess only certain GN'R fans really dislike it. I mean, the ones who often seem to disagree with you.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #369 on: December 17, 2015, 07:05:40 PM »

Right?

Makes sense.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #370 on: December 17, 2015, 07:09:45 PM »

I agree.

Ali

I imagine if there is discussions then there probably is a gag order.  If that's the case then Slash probably asked/told Eddie off the record that he can't talk about it or something similar, I would think.

If him and Eddie are friends as Eddie says then I'm sure he wouldn't speak on it until it is known that he can.  My imo.
That's exactly why I think knowing the context is important.

Ali
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #371 on: December 17, 2015, 08:01:45 PM »

I agree.

Ali

I was thinking this as well. I don't see an issue with Slash working on new songs. I found it odd that no one associated with GNR wanted to meet with eddie when he was in LA. Wouldn't it make more sense to meet and tell him in person that Slash and the Conspirators are working on new songs?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #372 on: December 17, 2015, 10:56:25 PM »

Maybe Axl:

SLASH NOT TALK OF GNR, OK ?

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
mrhays
Opening Act

« Reply #373 on: December 18, 2015, 02:40:32 AM »

Eddie Trunk@

Spoke to @Slash last night and he said he is working on new songs for the next Conspirators album.

https://twitter.com/EddieTrunk/status/677356288137953281

It is a disappointment.

I expected more from Axl Rose, expect more respect for the fans who follow him for decades .

I wish a Merry Christmas to Axl Rose, and that one day he respects the fans that made him famous and full of money
Your expectation is your problem. And you're creating your disappointing conclusions. No one other than those directly involved know anything. Eddie Trunk knows nothing. He's only self-promoting and purporting his own self-appointed, self-proclaimed authority.
Wishing Axl Rose a Merry Christmas is a wasted gesture. He does not know you. He will not receive your wish. Because of your complete lack of relationship, using his name in such an knowingly empty pleasantry is blatantly spiteful and callous.
Who are you to claim what deems his behavior disrespectful? What has he done other than deliver Guns N' Roses in the best way possible for all those decades? What could you possibly know about his business?
You come across as selfish and ungrateful.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #374 on: December 18, 2015, 03:07:19 AM »

i thought it was interesting how the last announcement ed made about the silence, some people were convinced the reunion was a go,  and now that this announcement was made about the conspirators album, some people are giving up on the reunion.

i have to agree with mr hays that the gnr fanbase does a lot of this to itself, as far as disappointment goes. i think part of the reason for the silence in gnr land is that if we are disappointed about something, it will be our fault and no one elses.

if we were outright lied to i could understand the resentment, but that doesnt seem to be the case. what we make of silence and what that does to our feelings is our own business. its like when you speculate about why someone didnt answer your text. maybe they hate you, maybe theyre playing hard to get, maybe theyre busy, maybe their phone broke. theres no way to know until you hear from them, so its best to leave the subject alone till then i think. definitely dont send more text messages, and especially not ones that are emotionally charged from your inner speculation.

as for fernandos announcement, i do believe it will come. either an anouncement, or a cancellation of the announcement. i dont think he will just leave us hanging. even if he does, im sure it wont be out of spite. but again, my bet is that we will hear from him. thats my stance.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2015, 05:54:32 AM »

Ahhh there it is again. That 'mythical' Fernando statement still being clung onto. How many months ago was that? Get real.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2015, 06:37:49 AM »

Slash has talked about working on new material for ages. His singer is in a very successful band in his spare time don't forget.

Keep the faith Jedi's.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #377 on: December 18, 2015, 06:39:42 AM »

I agree.

Or, equally as likely, "Lets change the subject and talk about something I CAN talk about, without giving away 'the big secret'".

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #378 on: December 18, 2015, 06:43:41 AM »

Is "clickbait" a popular gripe among other circles? or is it only a GNR la la land kind of thing?  Smiley

Pretty much everywhere, on every topic. News, entertainment, movies, music, video games, etc.

It's not a term, or a complaint, unique to the GnR fandom.  It's what online "news" media is becoming....and not just the more "tabloidy" sites.  Even the more mainstream reporting sites (MSNBC, CNN, BBC, SI, ESPN) are doing it.  And pretty much ALL the entertainment focused sites are doing it.

Because clicks are $$, regardless of how the person reading the article at the end of the click actually feels about the content AFTER they click.  It's a terrible, icky, trend in "reporting".
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:05:32 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #379 on: December 18, 2015, 06:47:08 AM »

I hear it with other groups, but few take it as personal as this fanbase.

I've seen people resent the practice, but more in just an eye-rolling way.

This fanbase, though?  Its an outrage, the guy is unprofessional, and the basically he's reason that puppies go unadopted and old people die.  All because of clickbait.

You're not hanging out in the right places, then.

Gamers, pop music fans, and ESPECIALLY the politicos, are all up in arms about the way their respective news media coverage is resorting to clickbait headlines.  And those are just the fandoms I'm aware of, and have seen take issue, directly.  I'm sure there are others.

Trust me, it's not just GnR.

And it's a pet peeve of mine, across the board.  So...I'll cop to being one of those folks who REALLY take issue with it, and am vocal about it. But it's not just here, FYI.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:52:27 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: