Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:19:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.  (Read 66403 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2015, 10:29:13 AM »

If I say I've painted a masterpiece, even if I can produce a handful of people that will swear to it on a stack of bible books, what value does it have to anyone if it never sees the light of day?

Aren't we both making semantic arguments here?

The chances of the public seeing the painting is a bit bigger if it actually exists, compared to it just being an imaginary thing that only exists in your mind....

So yeah, it does matter. Smiley

Yeah, except it doesn't, really.

My imaginary painting and Axl's totally real album are running neck and neck right now on the relevance scale.

pilferk is right that its incorrect to label it a total myth, as if the sessions never happened.  That's obviously not accurate.

But until it comes out, who really gives a shit?  It has no value to anyone right now.  Nothing is being accomplished while Axl looks VERY seriously at it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2015, 10:34:47 AM »

What value did Brian Wilson's 'Smile' really have, the 30 or so years it sat locked away?

Wilson and some of his buddies could correctly claim it exists.  But so what?  Who what that helping and what was it accomplishing for anyone?

We are in that "tree falls in the forest" scenario with this album.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2015, 10:55:37 AM »

If I say I've painted a masterpiece, even if I can produce a handful of people that will swear to it on a stack of bible books, what value does it have to anyone if it never sees the light of day?

It has value to the artist...and maybe to those that have seen/heard it.

I refer squarely to "The Santa Clause":

Ever seen a million dollars, in person?  No.  I know people who have.  Does that fact YOU'VE never seen it mean it's a myth? Or that it doesn't exist? Or that it has no value?

And yes, I know it's not the same thing.  But in terms of "real vs myth", it's still a decent analogy.

There are enough people, in the industry, who have heard pieces of unreleased material, and commented on it's quality that I'm pretty sure CD2 isn't Santa, or the Easter Bunny.

Semantics? No.  Not here.  I think we're actually arguing reality vs perception, and whether something can be real just because the observer in question can't see it or perceive it.  It's not even "faith" on this.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:01:18 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2015, 10:58:16 AM »

What value did Brian Wilson's 'Smile' really have, the 30 or so years it sat locked away?

Wilson and some of his buddies could correctly claim it exists.  But so what?  Who what that helping and what was it accomplishing for anyone?

I remember the movie, an old Brian Wilson goes to buy a car, and the car saleswoman doesnt know who he is: the name Brian Wilson no longer rang a bell, but of couse the name Beach Boys did.

Waiting too long is like erasing your brand little by little. So its like starting over from scratch in a sense.
When that tree falls for everyone to see, nobody will know what kind of tree it is, why it matters if it falls, and why should they even look at it.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »

Yeah, except it doesn't, really.

My imaginary painting and Axl's totally real album are running neck and neck right now on the relevance scale.

pilferk is right that its incorrect to label it a total myth, as if the sessions never happened.  That's obviously not accurate.

But until it comes out, who really gives a shit?  It has no value to anyone right now.  Nothing is being accomplished while Axl looks VERY seriously at it.

It might not have value TO YOU.  But you (the consumer/fan/whatever) aren't the only person who could/would find value in the material.

Axl might. Other band members might. Those that have heard it, and potentially been inspired by it, might find value in it.  Those that have heard it and then based business or other decisions based on that hearing might find value in it.

It's not relevant to the masses, maybe.  Other than as a discussion point, here.  But then, I guess that's value, too.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2015, 10:59:55 AM »

I guess my problem in all this is that you're passing judgment on a things existence/status based on some sort of value calculation...which is ephemeral and sort of personal, even if it was released.

Even so, It's effect is, at this point, narrow.  It's not non-existent.

And the thing is, as for the "tree falls in the forest" scenario...in this case we have reports from folks that it made a noise when it fell.  So....maybe not apt.

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2015, 11:12:22 AM »

You're giving yourself way too much credit.

The music exists, the other... Probably like your imaginary celebrity girlfriend.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2015, 11:13:18 AM »

pilferk is right

I have printed this, framed it, and hung it over my PC.

I also just had to break out the portable defib.

Elizabeth? Elizabeth? This is the big one!! I'm coming, Elizabeth?

Tongue
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:15:13 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2015, 11:33:00 AM »

pilferk is right

Tongue

I tell you you're right all the time.

Save this sentiment for when I tell Jarmo he's being fun and breezy in one of our conversations.  THAT will be news.  "Man walks on the moon" type news.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2015, 11:33:48 AM »

pilferk is right

Tongue

hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2015, 01:02:10 PM »

I tell you you're right all the time.

Save this sentiment for when I tell Jarmo he's being fun and breezy in one of our conversations.  THAT will be news.  "Man walks on the moon" type news.

Yeah, I still really like it, though.  And in THAT particular context....well, Xmas maybe came early. Tongue

I'm just bustin' yer arse...

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2015, 01:02:46 PM »

pilferk is right

Tongue

hihi

THANK GOD someone got the reference.  I was legit worried nobody would and would be like WTF?!

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2015, 01:05:47 PM »

Oh yeah, I use that Fred Sanford reference all the time.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2015, 01:38:59 PM »

The Junkyard Genius.... Wink

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Princess Leia
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2015, 05:25:52 PM »

Ever seen a million dollars, in person?  No.  I know people who have.  Does that fact YOU'VE never seen it mean it's a myth? Or that it doesn't exist? Or that it has no value?

And yes, I know it's not the same thing.  But in terms of "real vs myth", it's still a decent analogy.

There are enough people, in the industry, who have heard pieces of unreleased material, and commented on it's quality that I'm pretty sure CD2 isn't Santa, or the Easter Bunny.

Semantics? No.  Not here.  I think we're actually arguing reality vs perception, and whether something can be real just because the observer in question can't see it or perceive it.  It's not even "faith" on this.

I agree with you that people from the industry have heard pieces of unreleased material. The thing is pieces are far from being a full album.

So if what Axl has in The Vault are pieces instead an album ready to be released, then there is no such a thing as CDII.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2015, 05:47:52 PM »

But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded.

Notice how he didn't say he had pieces recorded.
Maybe next we'll be discussing what second half means....  If it's the second half, does it mean it's the pieces that make the whole second half and the whole second half is half of the full two halves? hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2015, 06:11:44 PM »

But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded.

Notice how he didn't say he had pieces recorded.
Maybe next we'll be discussing what second half means....  If it's the second half, does it mean it's the pieces that make the whole second half and the whole second half is half of the full two halves? hihi

/jarmo

Just because he didn?t use the word pieces it doesn?t necesarilly means there is a full album ready to be released.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2015, 06:40:35 PM »

Whatever you say.

No point in arguing with someone who knows better than Axl himself.

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2015, 06:55:16 PM »

I agree with you that people from the industry have heard pieces of unreleased material. The thing is pieces are far from being a full album.

So if what Axl has in The Vault are pieces instead an album ready to be released, then there is no such a thing as CDII.

axl said the second half of chinese is recorded.

Folks have attested to that, and have verified hearing the material.

The only person who, at this point, i've seen assume that its only pieces, rather than a full slate of material at some stage in the production process, is you.

I'll stick with axl, and the folks who claim to have heard the material, here.  beer

Together again,
Princess Leia
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2015, 02:07:21 AM »

axl said the second half of chinese is recorded.

Folks have attested to that, and have verified hearing the material.

The only person who, at this point, i've seen assume that its only pieces, rather than a full slate of material at some stage in the production process, is you.

I'll stick with axl, and the folks who claim to have heard the material, here.  beer

No, it wasn?t me talking about pieces. You brought it up.  smoking

Look I?m 100% sure that over the years they have tapes with recorded material. Many band members have said they have share files of material that obviously has been recorded. Can we call that an album?

With the old band we all have heard bootlegs with with demos, accustic versions, piano version, rehearsals etc. All that stuff is not the final product we ended up having. All that stuff is not an album all by itself.

If the new band recorded some accustic version of Soul Monster or a piano version of The General. That is not an album
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: