Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:47:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Possible opening bands
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible opening bands  (Read 74395 times)
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2016, 04:45:06 AM »

I think it really depends where the shows are. I guess the shows in Europe will be with a different opening bands than the ones in the US, Canada, South America etc. Unless it's a very big name like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Rage Against The Machine etc. (something I really can't see happening), safe bet will be with a different opening band according to the destination. I'm reading here about bands that are most probably very popular in the US and I know nothing about. I'm sure it will go the other way around if I load a list with good bands around Europe. Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:50:36 AM by Six Strings » Logged

"...It don't really matter..."
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2016, 09:24:26 AM »

I think a lot of people need to consider whether a given band needs to be an opener. Soundgarden, Alice in Chains etc. play arenas on their own and there would be no real advantage for them to open for GNR even for stadium shows.

Weezer could work because of the past association with Axl/GNR. A band like Bush (mentioned earlier in the thread) or even something like Filter or Deftones - bands around a while but not packing arenas on their own - could work also.

I'd be shocked if this tour had a co-headliner because it would take away from the "big news" of this reunion or whatever you want to call it.

Revolving openers is an option though. That's where a band like a7x could come in. They're too big to open a full tour but a show or two? Sure.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2016, 09:51:25 AM »

I think a lot of people need to consider whether a given band needs to be an opener. Soundgarden, Alice in Chains etc. play arenas on their own and there would be no real advantage for them to open for GNR even for stadium shows.

Weezer could work because of the past association with Axl/GNR. A band like Bush (mentioned earlier in the thread) or even something like Filter or Deftones - bands around a while but not packing arenas on their own - could work also.

I'd be shocked if this tour had a co-headliner because it would take away from the "big news" of this reunion or whatever you want to call it.

Revolving openers is an option though. That's where a band like a7x could come in. They're too big to open a full tour but a show or two? Sure.
I certainly wouldn't expect a co headliner, but a big act that fills arenas routininely could still be called upon to open. Kid Rock, for example has opened for Bon Jovi in stadiums before.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2016, 12:28:08 PM »

I certainly wouldn't expect a co headliner, but a big act that fills arenas routininely could still be called upon to open. Kid Rock, for example has opened for Bon Jovi in stadiums before.
Having seen Judas Priest recently I can say that they would be a "Big Act" that could do the job, lots of well known songs that can get the crowd pumped up.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2016, 12:43:57 PM »

True.

But, you forgot the exposure that comes from that kind of gig. Like when GN'R opened for the Stones.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2016, 04:20:18 PM »

would be a nice gesture to have Eagles of Death Metal back

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Annie
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2016, 09:13:11 AM »

I would like to see MEAT LOAF. Saw his Vegas show when I was in Vegas at the at the last GNR residency. he still rocks!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2016, 09:19:28 AM »

If you read a music magazine, and see the young rock bands. It's kinda difficult to pick which one would make sense to open for GN'R.

confused

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2016, 09:52:05 AM »

i dont see a reunited Skid Row being that big a draw for GnR tbh - maybe thats just me..

I think Royal Blood could do it as an opener, they're still a hot new-ish ticket -
then
QOTSA - someone else mentioned, that could def work or
The Dead Weather
and long shot for main support -
Aerosmith?Huh
or Radiohead??
or Tool??

I think Faith No More could do it well - but 1) - the last time they toured together wasn't a highlight for either party by the sounds of it! (but i like to think relations would be cool now) and 2) FNM have just toured pretty extensively with Sol Invictus, I dont see them hitting the road again this year.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2016, 10:16:01 AM »

I don't know whether its been mentioned, but The Pretty Reckless ok

Im pretty sure they are influenced by GNR.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »

Pearl Jam, Bush would be great.

Bush is very probably I think. They are open for whatever, and have a nice following still. They play a great live show too. I could see that.

Avenged Sevenfold are a fucking joke.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2016, 01:00:03 AM »

would be a nice gesture to have Eagles of Death Metal back

I was at the show in Ohio where the Pigeons of Shit Metal played.  They left the show early and the Suicide Girls had to fill in until GNR took the stage.  It was quite a circus watching the Suicide Girls fill up the time twirling hula hoops and stuff.  Very dramatic start to the show.
Dalshime
Opening Act

Is she really going out with him?

« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2016, 01:14:53 AM »

TENACIOUS D
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2016, 02:36:02 AM »

Sixx: A.M

N.W.A reunion

Guns
SharkOfLargo
Opening Act

« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2016, 03:12:19 AM »

I don't know whether its been mentioned, but The Pretty Reckless ok

Im pretty sure they are influenced by GNR.
I like the idea of The Pretty Reckless myself.  Good band. 

However, for me, the chance to see GN'R again would be more than enough to quench my thirst and the supporting band/s would pretty much be insignificant in the lead up to the main event.

All Aboard..........
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2016, 10:05:25 AM »

How about he Dead Daisies? Richard pulled double duty when Thin Lizzy opened for GnR. I haven't seen the DD in concert yet, but I've heard from other people that they put on a great show.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Acxl
Opening Act

« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2016, 10:30:09 AM »

What about Monster Truck and like some others said Faith No More would be very cool!

I saw Monster Truck with Slash 2014 and they're really rockin' the house.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:49:51 PM by Acxl » Logged
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2016, 11:09:30 AM »

Five Finger Death Punch???
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2016, 11:43:22 AM »

The Black Keys
Dead Moon
Baby Woodrose

I know the last two groups are somewhat eclectic...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2016, 11:46:59 AM »

The Black Keys
Dead Moon
Baby Woodrose

I know the last two groups are somewhat eclectic...

Out on a WIIIIIIRRRE!!   beer
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: