Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:14:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Possible opening bands
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible opening bands  (Read 74364 times)
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2016, 06:08:59 PM »

Today's Country music is the big stadium "classic rock" of today- larger than life, over the top productions with anthemic sing along songs and iconic musicians; therefore, they need Carrie underwood- her GNR covers are amazing and she has the pipes to do Axl justice.
Despite their dangerous, raw, sleazy image, GNR have always been more of a mainstream rock n roll band with a pop sensibilty who were more luring to pop fans than metal fans. In other words, their eclectic style has a universal appeal.
Carrie underwood and Jason Aldean and Kenney Chesney would be good choices.
Face it- GNR are pop cultural icons who have more in common with Elvis, Beatles, Katy Perry, frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson,  Madonna, Lady GaGa than Metallica, iron maiden, black sabbath, etc
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2016, 07:40:34 PM »

Lets be honest outside of the Guns N Roses and Metallica tour from years gone by although granted after that there wasn't much of an opportunity too but very few times has GNR gone on tour with a band or artist as big or as close to as big as they are and i doubt they are going to start now. Look for bands that are popular just not as big as GNR A7X would be a legitimate good opening band. Your not gonna get some top level country singer or judas priest no matter how big of a reunion this is and we don't even know how long of a potential tour there will be you might have multiple opening bands pending on where they play not just one.
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2016, 12:12:42 AM »

Buckcherry would be a nice opening band to see for this. Maybe we could see Josh Todd and Axl Rose perform a song together. Be damn cool.
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2016, 01:19:52 AM »

Buckcherry would be great!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
SharkOfLargo
Opening Act

« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2016, 03:17:57 AM »

Steel Panther  rofl

Ok, so that's a bit of a joke, BUT, can you imagine the fun they'd bring to a gig in the lead up to GN'R??

All Aboard..........
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2016, 06:45:05 AM »

Steel Panther  rofl

Ok, so that's a bit of a joke, BUT, can you imagine the fun they'd bring to a gig in the lead up to GN'R??

Already been done, Los Angeles in 2011.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2016, 07:19:47 AM »

I really should get to know more new bands. I don't know 90% of yours suggestions.

SharkOfLargo
Opening Act

« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »

Steel Panther  rofl

Shows how lucky nf I've been out of the loop when it comes to GNR

Already been done, Los Angeles in 2011.....

/jarmo

All Aboard..........
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2016, 11:22:03 AM »

I really should get to know more new bands. I don't know 90% of yours suggestions.

Nah don't worry about it. Most people just name little underground bands, because if you like something that isn't mainstream yet it makes you hip and cool apparently.

Lame.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2016, 12:16:13 PM »

Just throwing out bands I like for the hell of it. Not saying they're even remotely possible. Some are on hiatus, others might not even exist at present.  hihi

The Afghan Whigs
Arctic Monkeys
The Black Keys
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Burning Brides
Grinderman
The Gutter Twins
Jack White
Manic Street Preachers
Marilyn Manson
Mark Lanegan Band
The Prodigy
Queens Of The Stone Age
Rival Sons
Sex Pistols
Soundgarden
The Stooges
The Twilight Singers
Yeah Yeah Yeahs

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 01:18:54 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2016, 06:44:51 PM »

The fanbases are too different for it to happen, but in my ideal fantasy scenario, Oasis also reunite and go on a joint tour with GNR. And hell, if Axl and Slash can kiss and makeup, I'm pretty sure Liam and Noel could too. Smiley

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2016, 06:59:09 PM »

Backyard Babies wrote this(follow by their winter tour dates):

"Coachella this and Coachella that...these are the only dates you need to know about before the summer 😉. @bbabiesofficial @dregenofficial @pedercarlsson @jb_basisten #byb16 #tourbytour @officialduffmckagan @slash @axlrose #gnr16 @gunsnroses"

Wishful thinking or something in the air?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:02:04 PM by westcoast_junkie » Logged

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2016, 07:06:11 PM »

Backyard Babies wrote this:

"Coachella this and Coachella that...these are the only dates you need to know about before the summer 😉. @bbabiesofficial @dregenofficial @pedercarlsson @jb_basisten #byb16 #tourbytour @officialduffmckagan @slash @axlrose #gnr16 @gunsnroses"

I was thinking about them as well. They're huge fans of GNR, They're all buddies. Backyard Babies reunited last year. Hell Dregen even auditioned for the part that sadly Ashba got. I', not that into them anymore but it would be very cool for a casual fan and a Swedish point of view.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2016, 07:07:33 PM »

I think they are basically saying stop talking about Guns N Roses/Coachella and pay attention to the fact that we are touring across Norway, Sweden, and Finland.

http://backyardbabies.com/tour/

I'm sure you were scanning twitter for Guns N Roses references... so their tweet worked, their tour is now being talked about.

Edit: I see you are from Norway so more likely you are following them on twitter.
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »

I think they are basically saying stop talking about Guns N Roses/Coachella and pay attention to the fact that we are touring across Norway, Sweden, and Finland.

I'm sure you were scanning twitter for Guns N Roses references... so their tweet worked, their tour is now being talked about.

Edit: I see you are from Norway so more likely you are following them on twitter.

Just my thoughts that BB probably don't need much help promoting their next tour so that was just a funny joke.  I've followed them since "Total 13" came out.  They are friends with a bunch of GN'R guys and have joked around before.  When I met Frank Ferrer a few years back I asked him about them and he mentioned Dregen playing with Michael Monroe at the time.  Would love to see Backyard Babies open some USA dates but they have not had the big success they've had elsewhere.  In USA I saw them once on a headlining tour where they played small clubs and some other friends saw them on tour opening Social Distortion.  Those were the only times they came over 10+ years ago.

As far as the topic goes...anyone but Halestorm.  They could probably add 3,000-4,000 sales in some markets but the less heard from them the better. 

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2016, 08:48:10 PM »

I've never really been into the Backyard Babies, but Dregen's earlier band, The Hellacopters, were truly truly excellent classic rock.  One of the best European rock bands, in my opinion.  If they got back together, they'd be an excellent opening act for Guns N' Roses for a European tour... but since that's unlikely, what about Imperial State Electric? 

People keep talking about country music being the stadium filler in North America these days... I wonder what odds you'd get on a Garth Brooks/ Guns N' Roses double headliner  hihi

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #176 on: January 08, 2016, 09:07:51 PM »

I've never really been into the Backyard Babies, but Dregen's earlier band, The Hellacopters, were truly truly excellent classic rock.  One of the best European rock bands, in my opinion.  If they got back together, they'd be an excellent opening act for Guns N' Roses for a European tour... but since that's unlikely, what about Imperial State Electric? 

People keep talking about country music being the stadium filler in North America these days... I wonder what odds you'd get on a Garth Brooks/ Guns N' Roses double headliner  hihi

Also a fan of The Hellacopters.  When they came to Philly some friends and I can be seen in a little clip that ended up on the "Goodnight Cleveland" DVD.  Saw them again in 2006 "Rock & Roll Is Dead" tour...great band.  They would definitely be a big name opener in Europe if they played again!

Pop country is very big but the bigger names are selling 10,000-20,000 tickets on their own.  It's another world I'm glad to not be a part of!!  hahaa
A bunch of bands others mentioned are also selling 10,000-20,000 tickets on their own. 

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2016, 04:55:13 AM »

Well, I don't scan twitter,  I come here to check the news instead. Love BB so I follow them.

I was thinking more of "before the summer", hinting to something possibly happening this summer. And as someone pointed out, BB don't do America very often, so Babies n Guns together in Europe?

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2016, 07:45:19 AM »

Hellacopters with Dregen are actually getting back together. Only for one show in 2016 as of now but who knows what the future might bring. I however much prefer Hellacopters without Dregen. ISE opened for GNR in 2010 in Europe. Thought Nicke ANdersson said something negative about it in the press but I can't find it at the moment so I could very well be wrong.
Homefuck
Opening Act

« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2016, 08:10:20 AM »

Hellacopters with Dregen are actually getting back together. Only for one show in 2016 as of now but who knows what the future might bring. I however much prefer Hellacopters without Dregen. ISE opened for GNR in 2010 in Europe. Thought Nicke ANdersson said something negative about it in the press but I can't find it at the moment so I could very well be wrong.

Nicke Andersson has been speaking about his dislike of Guns N' Roses before so that doesn't surprise me.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: