Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:59:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Possible opening bands
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible opening bands  (Read 74397 times)
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #320 on: May 11, 2016, 11:12:41 AM »

If it's Myles & the Conspirators...that'll give me more time to pick out a tshirt. Can't stand Myles' voice. And I think it would be a terrible idea for Slash to pull double duty. Like someone else said, I don't want to see him on stage til the main event. It's not the same as Richard opening with Thin Lizzy and then coming back out with GnR.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #321 on: May 11, 2016, 11:38:57 AM »

It could be that they open a couple of shows only... in that case... I wouldn't mind if Slash went out there early.

We shall see.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #322 on: May 11, 2016, 11:48:35 AM »

Bit of a long shot, but I would love to see Red Fang opening for Guns N' Roses.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #323 on: May 11, 2016, 02:49:33 PM »

My dream scenario is no opening act at all.

Why not?  It's not like having no opening band is going to get GNR on stage any sooner.  I have seen hundreds of bands in my life, but somehow never saw Alice in Chains, now, thanks to Vegas I can cross them off the list.  I am always a fan of opening bands, which I guess is ironic since I do skip a lot of them.  hihi   But to get a really good opener, or someone you would't necessarily go out of your way to pay money to see is always cool.  You are going to be in the building anyway.

However, if the opener is going to be anything Myles Kennedy related I am with you with the whole no opener thing.  It's not that I don't like Myles, even though I don't really like the stuff he has done with Slash.  I have seen him live at least 6 times at this point, both with Alter Bridge and The Conspirators, so I'm all set on that.  But don't be surprised if this "general audience" which is what we are going to be getting at stadium shows, eat that stuff up.  They would love having Myles play and having Slash do double duty.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:56:33 PM by Bodhi » Logged
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #324 on: May 11, 2016, 04:18:28 PM »

My dream scenario is no opening act at all.

Why not?  It's not like having no opening band is going to get GNR on stage any sooner.  I have seen hundreds of bands in my life, but somehow never saw Alice in Chains, now, thanks to Vegas I can cross them off the list.  I am always a fan of opening bands, which I guess is ironic since I do skip a lot of them.  hihi   But to get a really good opener, or someone you would't necessarily go out of your way to pay money to see is always cool.  You are going to be in the building anyway.

However, if the opener is going to be anything Myles Kennedy related I am with you with the whole no opener thing.  It's not that I don't like Myles, even though I don't really like the stuff he has done with Slash.  I have seen him live at least 6 times at this point, both with Alter Bridge and The Conspirators, so I'm all set on that.  But don't be surprised if this "general audience" which is what we are going to be getting at stadium shows, eat that stuff up.  They would love having Myles play and having Slash do double duty.

Not Slash with Myles, BBF or DJ or both  Tongue
cc4sc
Opening Act

« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2016, 02:08:10 PM »

The Misfits with Glenn Danzig!  Apropos in multiple ways!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2016, 03:30:41 PM »

The Misfits with Glenn Danzig!  Apropos in multiple ways!

That would be incredible.
JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #327 on: May 13, 2016, 06:01:48 PM »

Volbeat, Hellyeah, or Papa Roach would set the tone as openers for Gn?R.  They all are in rotation on Octane with new material and all have a heavy-hitting back catalogue.  These bands, besides setting a tone, would also provide friendly competition for Gn?R to hit the stage with extra attitude.

If these bands have already booked summer gigs, then maybe Eagles of Death Metal?   beer

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #328 on: May 14, 2016, 12:12:18 AM »

Not sure what they're up to these days, but when System of a Down went on hiatus they said (joked) that they would reconvene if GNR reunited and open for them. They've since gotten back together, but maybe their offer still stands.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #329 on: May 14, 2016, 12:13:00 AM »

Volbeat, Hellyeah, or Papa Roach would set the tone as openers for Gn?R.  They all are in rotation on Octane with new material and all have a heavy-hitting back catalogue.  These bands, besides setting a tone, would also provide friendly competition for Gn?R to hit the stage with extra attitude.

If these bands have already booked summer gigs, then maybe Eagles of Death Metal?   beer

I thank you for the useful post hihi ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #330 on: May 14, 2016, 12:15:17 AM »

Papa Roach opened for Guns in 2006. Saw them at MSG. I thought they were pretty well received as far as GNR openers go. Would love Volbeat, Hellyeah is a good choice too.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #331 on: May 14, 2016, 12:37:58 PM »

I second that on the volbeat recommendation i came across them a few years back and have been hooked since. i have seen them 4 times live and would be a great opening band for them.
JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #332 on: May 15, 2016, 11:26:56 AM »

Volbeat would kill it as an opener.  I?m glad so many others have such fine taste!  After just looking, unfortunately, Volbeat already has gigs lined up this summer across the ocean.  I guess that makes me mentioning Volbeat kind of like the kid who says he can get you into the bar, then when we show up at the back door it's locked.

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #333 on: May 15, 2016, 04:15:13 PM »

Avenged Sevenfold could do it, that is if they are interested in opening a full tour.  The only tour date they have that could conflict with the GNR tour is the show they are playing with Metallica on August 20.  They are probably the biggest hard rock band of the past decade with their last 2 records topping the Billboard charts.  They are  big  GNR fans so I could see them being into it. 

Its tough, hard rock is in the gutter the past 10 years, with very few exceptions.  When bands like Five Finger Death Punch and Hellyeah headline festivals you know its bad.   hihi

It doesn't have to be a strict hard rock band either, they could go with another genre of music.  I remember seeing Alanis Morisette open for the Rolling Stones.  When you are at the level of Guns N Roses playing stadiums, you can pretty much pick any kind of opener you want, you have more freedom.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #334 on: May 15, 2016, 04:48:39 PM »

Rival Sons, The Temperance Movement

Here today...ready to rock
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #335 on: May 15, 2016, 06:39:23 PM »

Smashing Pumpkins, Sebastian Bach, AC⚡️DC, Alice in Chains, Pantera, Rolling Stones, Metallica, Wolfmother, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Foo Fighters, Chili Peppers... any of these

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #336 on: May 15, 2016, 06:49:02 PM »

Smashing Pumpkins, Sebastian Bach, AC⚡️DC, Alice in Chains, Pantera, Rolling Stones, Metallica, Wolfmother, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Foo Fighters, Chili Peppers... any of these

Sebastian Bach, Alice in Chains, and Wolfmother are the only opening level bands on this list  The rest are all headliners.    Pantera is also not a band anymore. 

Of that group of bands I could actually see Smashing Pumpkins doing it though, that is a good suggestion for sure.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:50:33 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #337 on: May 15, 2016, 08:05:16 PM »

Sebastian Bach, Alice in Chains, and Wolfmother are the only opening level bands on this list  The rest are all headliners.    Pantera is also not a band anymore. 

Of that group of bands I could actually see Smashing Pumpkins doing it though, that is a good suggestion for sure.

Even if a band usually is a headliner, they could still open shows for bigger artists. I think it all depends on how big the band is in relation to the headliner. Remember, in 2006 GN'R was scheduled as an opening band themselves.

In addition to the ones you picked out, I could also see Soundgarden and RATM filling an opening slot for GN'R, especially for stadium-sized concerts. Chris Cornell is touring himself during the GN'R tour though.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #338 on: May 15, 2016, 08:48:29 PM »

Even if a band usually is a headliner, they could still open shows for bigger artists. I think it all depends on how big the band is in relation to the headliner. Remember, in 2006 GN'R was scheduled as an opening band themselves.

In addition to the ones you picked out, I could also see Soundgarden and RATM filling an opening slot for GN'R, especially for stadium-sized concerts. Chris Cornell is touring himself during the GN'R tour though.

yeah totally, I agree that headliners could open as special guests when you are doing a stadium tour.  I could see RATM or Soundgarden, just having a hard time seeing Metallica or The Stones doing it.

It would be really cool (although I don't know how possible it is) to have different openers depending on the city they are in.  Like Jack White for Detroit and Nashville since he resides in both, Chili Peppers or something for LA, Fall out Boy for Chicago, Misfits for New Jersey and so on.  Those are just examples, but you get the idea.  I have no idea the logistics of this, or the cost of doing something like that,  but it would be pretty cool. 
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #339 on: May 21, 2016, 12:34:34 PM »

I just about blew a wad when I saw Alice in Chains is opening both Chicago shows.  Easily my second favorite band, and if I were ten years younger they'd be my favorite. 

Guns N Chains.  Dream come true.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: