Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:12:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Possible opening bands
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible opening bands  (Read 74382 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #340 on: May 22, 2016, 08:09:20 AM »

I could see RATM or Soundgarden,

RATM isn't active, but the band minus its singer allegedly has a new project called Prophets of Rage.

Soudgarden would be cool. Seems like they're on a hiatus at the moment as well...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #341 on: May 22, 2016, 02:11:00 PM »

For a future european tour, Kvelertak would be an awesome opening act. They are among the best up an coming metalbands for the moment!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GNRfan53
Headliner

« Reply #342 on: June 16, 2016, 05:07:58 PM »

Looks like Chris Stapleton for the Nashville gig.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #343 on: June 16, 2016, 05:17:38 PM »

Yeah: http://www.livenation.com/events/553551-jul-9-2016-guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRfan53
Headliner

« Reply #344 on: June 16, 2016, 05:27:37 PM »

What a great choice for Nashville! He has a great voice. Still waiting on Dallas though...  Huh
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #345 on: June 16, 2016, 05:59:16 PM »

Shit.  I was hoping there would be no one for Philly.

Though it didn't make much sense, really.  How could there be openers at some shows but not all?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #346 on: June 16, 2016, 05:59:57 PM »

Per The Cult's instagram, they'll be supporting Atlanta, Orlando, New Orleans and Arlington.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGufzr7m4EV/?taken-by=officialcult

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #347 on: June 16, 2016, 06:00:22 PM »

One would think he has a huge following in Nashville ... Hopefully that fills up a bunch of seats.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #348 on: June 16, 2016, 06:57:41 PM »

Nothing for Philly?

Anybody hear of any rumored openers for Philadelphia?

I'd be cool with Stapleton to continue to open after Nnashville through July 14th!!

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #349 on: June 16, 2016, 07:20:16 PM »

anyone know who may do Pittsburgh?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #350 on: June 16, 2016, 09:52:05 PM »

The Cult? Well i'll be taking my time getting into AT&T stadium. zzzzzzzzzzz
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #351 on: June 16, 2016, 11:13:19 PM »

Yep! Very good move! Stapleton will really help push some tickets, and he is a good fit. I said from day one that GNR should hook up with a new country act, something with a more outlaw flavor. Chris Stapleton is a modern day outlaw who loves big stadium shows. New country's hard rock influence can be felt all over Nashville, right now. I've been saying this for years-- GNR may be hard rock, but they are part of a breed of outlaws in the same vein as David Allan Coe, Waylon, Hank Sr. Willie, Haggard, Jones. The same fans who dig Johnny Cash, Hank, Jones, Waylon, etc. are often fans of GNR. The past decade has seen many country music fans embrace GNR and their raw, pure, and honest style of hard rock. Country fans are drawn to the outlaw spirit, the honesty of the lyrics, the raw power of Axl's vocals, his bluesy groove and raspy growl. Country music has always been about honesty, and people can detect it in GNR. GNR have always had a honky-tonk, country sensibility to them-- Dust N Bones, Yesterdays, You Ain't the First, Used to Love Her, Patience, 14 Years, Dead Horse, Dead Flowers, Wild Horses, Knocking on Heaven's Door, Civil War, etc. Carrie Underwood's cover of Paradise City brought down the house at the 2013 CMA festival, Jason Aldean's GNR medley is a show stopper. Brantley Gilbert wrote a a song alluding to GNR,"My Baby's Guns N Roses," Shovels and Rope just covered Patience and Keith Urban's new hit "Wasted Time" makes strong allusions to GNR. GNR are highly respected and admired by many country fans.

And Slash's soulful solos weep, moan, bend, and cry as good as any steel guitar in a George Jones or Merle Haggard song. I've always said this-- GNR were different than other heavy metal and hard rock bands because, like classic outlaw country, they sang "to us" and not "at us." There was an intimacy, texture, and immediacy to GNR's music that was absent in hard rock. Like country, GNR became like a "family" to its fans and their self indulgent music and strong self-conscientious music and videos made them accessible to fans. They made them seem as people to the fans. We felt as if we knew them. Patience has the intimacy, warmth, and texture of an old school honky tonk song. That is something you will never hear in Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, etc.
Aerosmith had it a little.

Below are some links that show how adored GNR are from modern day country fans:
http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/how-country-was-the-original-guns-n-roses/
http://www.onecountry.com/jason-aldeans-guns-n-roses-medley-tore-down-the-house-in-2007-and-now-1648216383.html
http://k99.com/what-is-with-all-the-guns-n-roses-references-in-country-songs-lately-video/
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/carrie-underwoods-11-greatest-eighties-covers-20160511/paradise-city-guns-n-roses-20160511
http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/10357/20130816/axl-rose-vs-carrie-underwood-country-singer-covers-guns-n-roses-paradise-city-cma-music-festival-who-sang-better-video.htm
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/flashback-carrie-underwood-channels-axl-rose-at-cma-music-fest-20140601
http://www.cmt.com/news/1760546/carrie-underwood-has-axl-rose-on-her-bucket-list/
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-keith-urbans-vibrant-new-single-wasted-time-20160329
Shovels and Rope's cover of Patience = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFyzsUQa04s
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:52:22 PM by SkeletorSerpent » Logged
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #352 on: June 17, 2016, 12:19:57 AM »

They should get the tragically hip for Toronto their tour starts a few days after the show. The singer is dying of cancer and is touring one last time. They are huge here in Canada

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #353 on: June 17, 2016, 12:30:25 AM »

Chris Stapleton to Open for Guns N' Roses in Nashville
Modern-day outlaw country singer will join the reunited L.A. rock band at July 9th Nissan Stadium show

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/chris-stapleton-to-open-for-guns-n-roses-in-nashville-20160616

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #354 on: June 17, 2016, 12:57:21 AM »

Who is going to open in Philly? I'm going to DC and Philly. Already saw AIC open in Vegas. Wasn't impressed other than "wow he really sounds like Layne". Didn't like them the first time around (my roommate back then was obsessed with them, got a tattoo of their logo and everything -- which he later got covered up.) I REALLY hope it's someone else , ANYONE else, in Philly (dare I even say Skrillex...?) If it's AIC again I hope it'll be a cool parking lot scene, because I'll be heading in late

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
sandman
Legend

« Reply #355 on: June 17, 2016, 11:05:10 AM »

AIC has dates on july 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25, 26.

and the dates on July 12 and 15 are in Denver and Wisconsin. So it's highly unlikely they would come all the way out east to open one more GnR show on the 14th.

it could truly be anyone at this point. I have not heard of any rumors or anything. tix sold well in philly, so there's no need for a big name or anything. although I believe the Pitt and Cincy dates could use some help moving tix though.

my wish for Philly is Ghost. just cause I'm a fan so it would be great to see them again (and I was disappointed to see they are not playing Philly during their Fall tour). and they have a 2-3 week gap in their touring schedule between July 2 and July 23, so the timing would work.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #356 on: June 17, 2016, 11:11:56 AM »

Skrillex?!

I pity the poor bastards that have to sit through that in Houston.

I last heard Skrillex when two children of 8 years old played it me as they said 'it was really cool'. I had no idea adults would ever listen to something as basic as that!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
UKWildcat
Opening Act

« Reply #357 on: June 17, 2016, 11:26:58 AM »

Yep! Very good move! Stapleton will really help push some tickets, and he is a good fit. I said from day one that GNR should hook up with a new country act, something with a more outlaw flavor. Chris Stapleton is a modern day outlaw who loves big stadium shows. New country's hard rock influence can be felt all over Nashville, right now. I've been saying this for years-- GNR may be hard rock, but they are part of a breed of outlaws in the same vein as David Allan Coe, Waylon, Hank Sr. Willie, Haggard, Jones. The same fans who dig Johnny Cash, Hank, Jones, Waylon, etc. are often fans of GNR. The past decade has seen many country music fans embrace GNR and their raw, pure, and honest style of hard rock. Country fans are drawn to the outlaw spirit, the honesty of the lyrics, the raw power of Axl's vocals, his bluesy groove and raspy growl. Country music has always been about honesty, and people can detect it in GNR. GNR have always had a honky-tonk, country sensibility to them-- Dust N Bones, Yesterdays, You Ain't the First, Used to Love Her, Patience, 14 Years, Dead Horse, Dead Flowers, Wild Horses, Knocking on Heaven's Door, Civil War, etc. Carrie Underwood's cover of Paradise City brought down the house at the 2013 CMA festival, Jason Aldean's GNR medley is a show stopper. Brantley Gilbert wrote a a song alluding to GNR,"My Baby's Guns N Roses," Shovels and Rope just covered Patience and Keith Urban's new hit "Wasted Time" makes strong allusions to GNR. GNR are highly respected and admired by many country fans.

And Slash's soulful solos weep, moan, bend, and cry as good as any steel guitar in a George Jones or Merle Haggard song. I've always said this-- GNR were different than other heavy metal and hard rock bands because, like classic outlaw country, they sang "to us" and not "at us." There was an intimacy, texture, and immediacy to GNR's music that was absent in hard rock. Like country, GNR became like a "family" to its fans and their self indulgent music and strong self-conscientious music and videos made them accessible to fans. They made them seem as people to the fans. We felt as if we knew them. Patience has the intimacy, warmth, and texture of an old school honky tonk song. That is something you will never hear in Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, etc.
Aerosmith had it a little.

Very well said, I agree!  I love all the outlaw country artist you listed....I'm real excited about Chris Stapleton in Nashville, I'm a big fan and have seen him before.  Never thought he would open for Guns N' Roses lol.  I'm still waiting on who will open in Cincinnati.  Pretty sure it won't be Chris Stapleton...so I'll probably get to see 2 different opening bands!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #358 on: June 17, 2016, 11:32:17 AM »

They should get the tragically hip for Toronto their tour starts a few days after the show. The singer is dying of cancer and is touring one last time. They are huge here in Canada

They would be the perfect opener for Toronto. Certainly a better choice than Billy Talent.. nervous

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #359 on: June 17, 2016, 12:40:43 PM »

They would be the perfect opener for Toronto. Certainly a better choice than Billy Talent.. nervous

Billy Talent aren't a bad choice. They're huge in Canada, have a new album coming out, and they've shown they're willing to win over hostile crowds (i.e. playing HeavyTO).

The Hip would be awesome but I don't see them wanting to play second fiddle on their final tour with Gordie dealing with cancer. Their last tour should be all about them.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: