Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:10:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Possible opening bands
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible opening bands  (Read 74390 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #360 on: June 17, 2016, 01:44:18 PM »

They should get the tragically hip for Toronto their tour starts a few days after the show. The singer is dying of cancer and is touring one last time. They are huge here in Canada

They would be the perfect opener for Toronto. Certainly a better choice than Billy Talent.. nervous

Billy Talent aren't a bad choice. They're huge in Canada, have a new album coming out, and they've shown they're willing to win over hostile crowds (i.e. playing HeavyTO).

The Hip would be awesome but I don't see them wanting to play second fiddle on their final tour with Gordie dealing with cancer. Their last tour should be all about them.

Huge is a bit of an overstatement. Rival Sons, Glorious Sons, or Monster Truck are all infinitely bigger (and better) bands, IMO. I honestly was blissfully oblivious to them even still existing until I heard they were opening for Guns' Lips Sealed

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #361 on: June 17, 2016, 04:37:28 PM »

Guns N' Roses - Special Guest: SKRILLEX
August 05, Houston, TX, United States @ NRG Stadium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvhUkScuCqw

Party !!! Party !!! Party !!! Yuujuuuuuu,,,,  love Skrillex

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
fishtifer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: June 17, 2016, 06:12:22 PM »

They should get the tragically hip for Toronto their tour starts a few days after the show. The singer is dying of cancer and is touring one last time. They are huge here in Canada

They would be the perfect opener for Toronto. Certainly a better choice than Billy Talent.. nervous

Billy Talent aren't a bad choice. They're huge in Canada, have a new album coming out, and they've shown they're willing to win over hostile crowds (i.e. playing HeavyTO).

The Hip would be awesome but I don't see them wanting to play second fiddle on their final tour with Gordie dealing with cancer. Their last tour should be all about them.

Huge is a bit of an overstatement. Rival Sons, Glorious Sons, or Monster Truck are all infinitely bigger (and better) bands, IMO. I honestly was blissfully oblivious to them even still existing until I heard they were opening for Guns' Lips Sealed

I was forced to listen to a terrible rock station in Calgary while working out of the office a couple of weeks ago and this band came on and I couldn't remember which band it was that had such an annoying try hard lead singer, then the accounment happened for the rest of the opening bands - oh fuck, Billy Talent. I guess we won't have to rush down for the opening band after we land in Toronto that day...

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #363 on: June 18, 2016, 06:39:12 AM »

It's not an overstatement at all. None of those have sold nearly as many albums as Billy Talent (whose last 3 albums were #1 here). Billy Talent does arenas on their own and have sold out the ACC several times. I like Monster Truck myself but they're not doing that. They're a festival act whose biggest chart showing was 6th and currently opening for (ugh) Nickleback. Glorious Sons/Rival Sons aren't anywhere near as big either. If BT has a style you don't like that's one thing but in terms of success they're one of the biggest acts we've got.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #364 on: June 18, 2016, 09:27:30 PM »

Skrillex?!

I pity the poor bastards that have to sit through that in Houston.

I last heard Skrillex when two children of 8 years old played it me as they said 'it was really cool'. I had no idea adults would ever listen to something as basic as that!

huh. yeah i hate that shit too. id show up late.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #365 on: June 20, 2016, 06:41:27 PM »

Dude....I just listened to Skrillex for the first time. Wtf? Isn't this a rock show? I usually don't complain, after all, I'm getting to see my favorite band in Houston and New Orleans in the same week. But I expected at least a "band" to open...not a DJ playing techno. Oh well, I'll be showing up late to Houston for sure.

On the other hand...the Cult in N.O.  I like that!

beer

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #366 on: June 21, 2016, 09:23:09 AM »

Billy Talent?   Undecided   I would have much preferred Lenny Kravitz....   Never really cared for their music that much, the best thing about their band is that they are named after the Hard Core Logo guitar player.   ok

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #367 on: June 21, 2016, 02:56:00 PM »

Dude....I just listened to Skrillex for the first time. Wtf? Isn't this a rock show? I usually don't complain, after all, I'm getting to see my favorite band in Houston and New Orleans in the same week. But I expected at least a "band" to open...not a DJ playing techno. Oh well, I'll be showing up late to Houston for sure.

On the other hand...the Cult in N.O.  I like that!

beer

MixMaster Mike Play Whit GNR In 2002

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #368 on: June 22, 2016, 06:56:37 PM »

Has anyone seen the opening band for Philly?  Seems to be missing from the list, unless I just missed it.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #369 on: June 22, 2016, 06:59:25 PM »

Has anyone seen the opening band for Philly?  Seems to be missing from the list, unless I just missed it.

Not announced yet I think.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #370 on: June 30, 2016, 12:23:30 PM »

Wolfmother was just announced for Philly, awesome band!  ok
UKWildcat
Opening Act

« Reply #371 on: June 30, 2016, 12:44:55 PM »

Just seen that Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown are opening in Cincinnati on July 6th....never heard of them?  Gonna check them out later when I get off work.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #372 on: June 30, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »

Just seen that Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown are opening in Cincinnati on July 6th....never heard of them?  Gonna check them out later when I get off work.

They are good. They are AC/DC's support in Europe.
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #373 on: July 02, 2016, 02:13:22 AM »

Really?!? That's awesome! I think they're great!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #374 on: July 08, 2016, 10:40:56 PM »

God bless the Club Box.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2016, 09:50:35 AM »

Billy Talent is an excellent choice. Kicks the shit out of generic rock radio of Monster Truck....just need my tix still, coming up soon now..
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2016, 10:14:28 PM »

David Brent to open in the UK when they come there would have been both hilarious and genius.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2016, 01:14:49 PM »

I would love to see Buckethead as one of the opening acts?

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
zod
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #378 on: July 10, 2016, 03:46:47 PM »

I'm still hoping we get AIC in Seattle.  Out of all the openers so far, that's been my favourite.    I noticed they skipped san fran/seattle when posting openers to the website.  AIC played Seattle last night, so I figured if they're opening Seattle, they might want to have waited until after the sold out their own headlining show...
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #379 on: July 12, 2016, 11:14:26 PM »

Someone said there are 2 opening bands in Philly. Anyone else hear that?

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas