Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:20:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GnR actual cancellation history
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR actual cancellation history  (Read 10698 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 04:02:18 PM »

But I would also tell you that no matter what percentage you want to put on it, the percentage chance something will go wrong with Axl Rose is higher than all his peers.  Perception is reality.  No one buys a ticket for Pearl Jam and hopes Eddie doesn't fuck up their night.  Or tickets to the Stones and hopes Mick doesn't storm offstage after 3 songs.

With Axl, its always there.  Even if its just gallows humor.  I sat in the lobby in 2011 with fans across the spectrum (young/old, male/female, etc) and we were all making the same jokes.  Not one person either didn't get those jokes, nor felt they were unfair.

Yes, I remember your "warnings" before the 2014 Vegas residency.
And then people wonder why casual fans and "civilians" have these ideas.....

They all live in the real world.

I can talk to someone about getting you a travel visa, but I have to tell you, there is a waiting list.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 04:04:52 PM »

Your warnings about shows being canceled on a GN'R fan site in 2014 are misplaced drivel.

Like I said, no wonder that the more casual fans have these ideas when even some self proclaimed super fans repeat these things ad nausea.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 04:08:16 PM »

Jarmo  -

Ask yourself this.  The 3 headliners are LCD Soundsystem, Guns N' Roses, and Calvin Harris.

Do you think people going to see LCD Soundsystem or Calvin Harris are worried for even one second about :

- a chance the artist has excessive delay before their set
- a chance the artist leaves the stage if something is thrown on stage
- a chance the artist cuts the show short out of anger over god knows what

Hopefully, it all goes well.  Betting man, I'd say none of those things happen.  But the concern is there.

This is not to say that there is a great chance this will happen to GNR.  Its more to say that there is a 0% chance the other acts will have any of those concerns in their audiences.

You can stick your head in the sand if that how you want to go through life, but I'll pass.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 04:11:00 PM »

Your warnings about shows being canceled on a GN'R fan site in 2014 are misplaced drivel.

Good thing I never said that then.  Really dodged a bullet there.

What WAS said was that I, personally, would never incur plane fare, hotel reservations, and other such travel costs for this guy.

If they don't come to Philly, that will be a bummer.  And I will have to bend my rules a bit and drive to either NY or DC.

Chances I'm flying to Atlanta or some shit?  Zero.

Anyone else wants to, go right ahead.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 04:22:21 PM »

Jarmo  -

Ask yourself this.  The 3 headliners are LCD Soundsystem, Guns N' Roses, and Calvin Harris.

Do you think people going to see LCD Soundsystem or Calvin Harris are worried for even one second about :

- a chance the artist has excessive delay before their set
- a chance the artist leaves the stage if something is thrown on stage
- a chance the artist cuts the show short out of anger over god knows what

In your world, all these things are specific for GN'R. Does Madonna now have a reputation of starting shows late? I mean it happened.
So GN'R is the only band that leaves if they're pelted with objects? I had no idea.

The bottom line is, it seems like you're more than happy to keep repeating all this negative stuff in order to not be seen as some kind of fan boy. Unfortunately.
You come to a fan site to keep whining about all these things that are "wrong". You got your reunion, yet you feel the need to focus on the negativity. How you don't think the old band was "legit" and so on.

One day without posting anything negative about past line ups or Axl is too much to ask I guess....

What WAS said was that I, personally, would never incur plane fare, hotel reservations, and other such travel costs for this guy.

Because of the "reputation". Which you obviously base on something that can never change. The world tour between 2009 and 2014 surely didn't change a thing for you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 04:23:00 PM »

Yes, some concerts have been cancelled. Yes, sometimes for whatever reason, Axl didn't finish the show. I've had flights cancelled or delayed. I still buy plane tickets. Who the fuck cares what happened 10 years ago. Do you always look back in life?

To be honest, Axl is who he is. He's the real fucking deal. Dangerous, reckless and unpredictable. And yes, I know what you're gonna say: What if he cancels your show? I bought a ticket to a concert. It's not the end of my life. If he goes on, it's a fucking amazing time. If he doesn't, well I'll catch him next time.

I'll live.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 04:30:24 PM »

In your world, all these things are specific for GN'R. Does Madonna now have a reputation of starting shows late? I mean it happened.
So GN'R is the only band that leaves if they're pelted with objects? I had no idea.

Madonna is actually getting way out of hand with that.  She was taking a lot of shit for it too, and justified shit.

Because of the "reputation". Which you obviously base on something that can never change. The world tour between 2009 and 2014 surely didn't change a thing for you.

It's my personal opinion.  You don't like it, oh well.

Add it to your ever growing tome of things I've said you don't like.  I'll survive.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 04:41:14 PM »

So you admit that your opinion is misinformed and ignorant?
Cool.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 04:46:27 PM »

So you admit that your opinion is misinformed and ignorant?
Cool.

Some of us have to actually pay our own way.

Can rather change one's perspective.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 05:01:32 PM »

Please explain yourself.

I don't wanna reply to something that you didn't mean just because your post appears in a certain way to me.

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2016, 06:36:22 PM »

Does anyone know how many GnR concerts have actually been cancelled over the years, whether with the UYI lineup (& earlier), or during the more recent lineups. So many people have said something to me along the lines of "Axl never shows up to the concerts, etc." (& the latest Kimmel news makes them feel like they're right).  I would just like to have some solid facts about how many shows have really been cancelled. I was at the Philly no-show, but since then the band has played hundreds of shows, mostly free of any cancellation drama. Just curious. Thanks

My show got cancelled after the (in)famous Philly riots in 2002. I wasn?t affected by the riot itself but after that they cancelled the whole tour. The show I was supposed to go it didn?t happen

Cry
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 12:42:37 PM »

These concerns are what comes with being in a band that was once labeled "the most dangerous band in the world".
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: