Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:24:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227812 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  How much demand will there be??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How much demand will there be??  (Read 18741 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2016, 04:09:03 PM »

As just about the only one here willing to cop to being a lifelong Bon Jovi fan, I'm curious where all these U.S. stadium tours have been happening.

And for years around here, I have been told Metallica can't even tour the country in ANY capacity, as a means to explain why GNR was playing fucking nightclubs.  Now they are a stadium act?  Say what??

How about the Stones?  Stadiums act here, right?  Yep...sometimes.  Lot of arenas sprinkled in there the past 10 years.

Hence the question mark after I listed your favorite band.
I didn't say Metallica.
The last US tour by the Rolling Stones in 2015 were in venues with the word stadium in their names.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2016, 04:09:31 PM »

Motley Crue just did an enormous arena run.  I love Motley Crue but on their best day they weren't close to GNR on their worst.

I don't know.  They were selling out the same arenas back in the day.

But I think this is the first time they have done one in a bit, due to the farewell angle.  Even then, they needed Alice Cooper.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2016, 04:10:02 PM »

The last US tour by the Rolling Stones in 2015 were in venues with the word stadium in their names.

And do you know the premise of that tour, the "Zip Code" tour?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2016, 04:10:44 PM »

The reality is that with Axl and Slash there''ll be an average of 50.000 people per concert. Jeez, the whole fucking world is talking about this one and you guys still have something fucked up to add. Just to back up my words, the arenas that you are talking about were pretty much full with Bumble and DJ. How come same amount of people will attend the shows with Slash and Duff? Give me a break.

"...It don't really matter..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2016, 04:12:00 PM »

Does it matter? You made it perfectly clear that they don't really do stadium tours. You were wrong. No deflections please. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2016, 04:13:24 PM »

The reality is that with Axl and Slash there''ll be an average of 50.000 people per concert. Jeez, the whole fucking world is talking about this one and you guys still have something fucked up to add. Just to back up my words, the arenas that you are talking about were pretty much fulled with Bumble and DJ. How come same amount of people will attend the shows with Slash and Duff? Give me a break.

What "areans" were filled with Bumble and DJ?  The Hard Rock?  The Joint?

50,000 is a HUGE number.  If it can be done, its going to take a sales job and they are going to have to kill it at Coachella.

I think that's key.  People are taking a wait and see to see how that goes first, I think.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2016, 04:14:44 PM »

Does it matter? You made it perfectly clear that they don't really do stadium tours. You were wrong. No deflections please. Smiley

How about the Stones?  Stadiums act here, right?  Yep...sometimes.  Lot of arenas sprinkled in there the past 10 years.

Get Hooked On Phonics, brah. 

Its never too late to tackle that reading deficiency.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2016, 04:18:43 PM »

Yeah, I love Motley but they overtoured during the last decade.  Their 2005 reunion tour was red hot, but by 2009, they were only playing to half-full arenas.  I saw them front row in an audience of around 6,000 people at one point.  I saw them 5 times between 2005-2009, and it was hit and miss with ticket sales, and I think it continued to be that way until the Farewell tour, which I didn't even attend because their show and setlist were so scaled down by then.

You didn't go to the farewell?  I went last summer.

It was good show and a great time.  But Vince was...let's say, spotty.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2016, 04:20:04 PM »

Maybe the ones outside the real world, and by the real world I mean outside Philadelphia.  Cheesy

Sometimes....  Lots of arenas on their last stadium tour.  rofl

Nice deflection. You said there's not even five acts that can tour stadiums. I listed plenty, you choose to focus on ONE that you claim you're right about because of the word "sometimes".
Fucking hell. Difficult life you must have.  rofl

The real world.... Right.

/jarmo

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2016, 04:20:59 PM »

What I hope... and what I think may happen... are two very different things.

I'd love this to be a start of Phase III of GNR, with regular touring, brilliant shows, healthy sales - stadiums or arenas - and new material.

I'd love every show to start at a regular time, and be done by 10.45-11.00, so all the people who get pissed Axl doesn't clock on until 11pm have no reason to grip, and there's no bad publicity.

I'd love Coachella to be webcast, them to kill it, a stadium tour to go on sale the week after, and 2016 to be a year of Glory.

My fear? Late starts, bad publicity, a riot or a storm off, cancellations or no-shows - all of which have happened in the past.

I hope my fears don't come true. Id love it to be a brand new rebirth of a killer era of GNR that we'll look back on as a best comeback of all time.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2016, 04:22:31 PM »

The reality is that with Axl and Slash there''ll be an average of 50.000 people per concert. Jeez, the whole fucking world is talking about this one and you guys still have something fucked up to add. Just to back up my words, the arenas that you are talking about were pretty much fulled with Bumble and DJ. How come same amount of people will attend the shows with Slash and Duff? Give me a break.

50,000 is a HUGE number.  If it can be done, its going to take a sales job and they are going to have to kill it at Coachella.

I think that's key.  People are taking a wait and see to see how that goes first, I think.

To begin with there is a world outside the US. No offence. Furthermore, you can check the stats, I'm pretty sure they have filled 15.000 - 20.000 people even in the US with Bumble and DJ, so why not 50.000 with Slash and Duff? I think you know very well that, hm.. how to say it, most of the people took Slash's side so he himself has plenty of fans. Moreover do not underestimate how many fans does that band have and how long the people waited for the reunion. Last, but not least, I totally agree with you that they need to kill at Coachella, something that I have no doubts happening. Smiley

EDIT: There is world outside Philadelphia obviously. Thank you Jarmo. Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:24:44 PM by Six Strings » Logged

"...It don't really matter..."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2016, 04:22:49 PM »

What I hope... and what I think may happen... are two very different things.

I'd love this to be a start of Phase III of GNR, with regular touring, brilliant shows, healthy sales - stadiums or arenas - and new material.

I'd love every show to start at a regular time, and be done by 10.45-11.00, so all the people who get pissed Axl doesn't clock on until 11pm have no reason to grip, and there's no bad publicity.

I'd love Coachella to be webcast, them to kill it, a stadium tour to go on sale the week after, and 2016 to be a year of Glory.

My fear? Late starts, bad publicity, a riot or a storm off, cancellations or no-shows - all of which have happened in the past.

I hope my fears don't come true. Id love it to be a brand new rebirth of a killer era of GNR that we'll look back on as a best comeback of all time.

Hey everybody, I don't think this guy knows he's on a "fan site".  Somebody better pull him aside.

On a more serious note, these are all valid points.  And I share all your views.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2016, 04:24:16 PM »

To begin with there is a world outside the US. No offence. Furthermore, you can check the stats, I'm pretty sure they have filled 15.000 - 20.000 people even in the US with Bumble and DJ, so why not 50.000 with Slash and Duff? I think you know very well that, hm.. how to say it, most of the people took Slash's side so he himself has plenty of fans. Moreover do not underestimate how many fans does that band have and how long the people waited for the reunion. Last, but not least, I totally agree with you that they need to kill at Coachella, something that I have no doubts happening. Smiley

No offense taken.

But its the U.S. we are talking about.  I have zero doubt this could fill stadiums everywhere BUT here, sight unseen.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2016, 04:28:24 PM »

Are you aware that the so called late starts haven't really happened in years?
Last time GN'R played in NYC, at a festival, for example, they went on before they were supposed to....
Rock On The Range in 2014, 9:30 start time.

Same thing with cancellations and no-shows. It's something some of you choose to keep repeating because others keep telling you that's the norm with GN'R.

Plenty of so called fans keep repeating these things and then get all upset when it's questioned what the hell they're doing.

/jarmo

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2016, 04:31:42 PM »

They haven't toured Europe since 2012, and the shows I saw then had late starts. The band may have had earlier start times in 2013-14, but casual fans have long memories of 20+ years of late starts. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I am an eternal optimist.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2016, 04:39:41 PM »

They haven't toured Europe since 2012, and the shows I saw then had late starts. The band may have had earlier start times in 2013-14, but casual fans have long memories of 20+ years of late starts. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I am an eternal optimist.

They started between 9-11PM most of the time on that tour. Sometimes at a festival, you can't even start early because there's other bands on.

Actually, it's a cultural thing as well. In some countries like India, the shows started around 7PM...
But yeah, it's not as bad as some make it seem like.  ok

/jarmo

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2016, 04:43:44 PM »

I hope the tour goes on sale before the play Coachella...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2016, 04:51:47 PM »

I hope the tour goes on sale before the play Coachella...

Yeah, that's going to be interesting.

It would almost have to, wouldn't it?  Due to the time frame?

People will have to buy, sight unseen.

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2016, 04:52:28 PM »

They started between 9-11PM most of the time on that tour. Sometimes at a festival, you can't even start early because there's other bands on.

Actually, it's a cultural thing as well. In some countries like India, the shows started around 7PM...
But yeah, it's not as bad as some make it seem like.  ok

/jarmo

I live in hope. Still, in 2001 I couldn't've hoped we'd see the three of them together again on stage, let alone touring.   Smiley

February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2016, 05:04:23 PM »

Hey you all is it Great  Times for Guns fans or what beer hell froze over and then you bump still in positive and uplifting thinking just about anything  ok. I've stopped posting because of it, to happy for me. but i'ts a special ocasion n decided to trough my two cheap cents in. So let's discuss the ticket sales and cancelations of an hypothetical tour that everybody want's but apparently few will go based on timetable constrains...from 20ys ago. It's Axl and Slash on a stage together, that alone gona sell whatever they want yes to think otherwise is assuming that all of the industry that's done everthing over the years to make this happening doesn't know how to add and ignore the many who don't follow trends but keep packing stadiums for great rock shows and this is the One. But hey if USA market is so picky, don't bother and just bring it speadly cross the Atlantic drool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: