Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:46:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Should Axl say something for the "NUGNR" fans...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should Axl say something for the "NUGNR" fans...  (Read 32504 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: January 06, 2016, 07:05:06 PM »

... that followed him (and all the members post UYI era), supported him with Chinese Democracy for the past 20 years?? A lot of fans were born at that time and only came to see this GNR incarnation with Tommy, Finck, Fortus, Buckethead, Ron, DJ Ashba beeing in the band more than the "originals" ?

Huh

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 07:10:08 PM »

Like what?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 07:12:12 PM »

Say what?  We already know that Bucket, Robin, Bumble, Dj and possibly Tommy, aren't in the band anymore by their own choice.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 07:17:24 PM »

I dont think Axl fired anyone...they maybe gor sick of all the pressure and push backs for filling someone else's shoes...and since Duff was closer to Axl these past years, it was natural that Axl and Slash would at least have some conversations to dispel any remaining negativity. It was something natural I think...

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »

well we dont even really know whats going on yet. he hasnt really definitively ditched the cd fans or anything, who knows what he has up his sleeve.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 07:23:49 PM »

I don?t think that was "natural" at all. Axl called Slash a cancer and wished he had never had him on the band (he was angry? maybe). But what I?m saying is: maybe there?s a lot of fans that prefer the CD era than the old line ups? Axl with the old guys spent 10 years together, with the "nugnr" line ups, 20 years.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 07:30:41 PM »

Five of the CD Era gunners aren't in the band anymore!!!  There's nothing more to say about it unless he's going to address the material they worked on that didn't get onto CD.  And we all know he's not going to address that so, again, there's nothing for him to say!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 07:34:25 PM »

I've been a fan of Guns n' Roses ("olde" & "nu") since 1987. As an "old" GnR fan from way back (& I wasn't like 5 in '87, I was 20, so I was rockin' out to AFD while chugging Mad Dog and doing lines), I didn't feel like Axl should have to say anything to fans like me when he returned with a new lineup, and then another lineup... I was just excited for any GnFnR Axl was serving up, and if some new music came with it, all the better. So for the "NU" fans who are disappointed... The Nu GNR was your original lineup, and now the lineup has changed once again... Going backwards in time now. While still moving forward. It's like a season of "Lost". I recommend strapping yourself in and enjoy whatever the future brings. Welcome to Axlworld.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Annie
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 07:34:57 PM »

There is only GunsnRoses.  NuGNR was a somewhat derogatory term created by disgruntled fans who wanted Slash back.  Slash is back so let that term go. Axl himself said he was appreciative to all the line ups when he accepted his lifetime achievement award at the Golden Gods. He does not  need to say anything else.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 07:38:00 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 07:38:13 PM »

There is only GunsnRoses.  NuGNR was a somewhat derogatory term created by disgruntled fans who wanted Slash back.  Slash is back so let that term go.

Me and Axl use the term NuGNR all the time and we're both fans of all the line-ups.  Roll Eyes

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 08:00:53 PM »

I get why you're asking - but it ain't happening

He owns a product and welcomes all who want to come along for the ride. Like it or not, the "era" of the NuGnr as it's referred to, produced one whole album in all of that time and a lot of the ideas for it were born well before the latest version of the Gn'r lineup was even formed.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 08:09:25 PM »

I've been a fan of Guns n' Roses ("olde" & "nu") since 1987. As an "old" GnR fan from way back (& I wasn't like 5 in '87, I was 20, so I was rockin' out to AFD while chugging Mad Dog and doing lines), I didn't feel like Axl should have to say anything to fans like me when he returned with a new lineup, and then another lineup... I was just excited for any GnFnR Axl was serving up, and if some new music came with it, all the better. So for the "NU" fans who are disappointed... The Nu GNR was your original lineup, and now the lineup has changed once again... Going backwards in time now. While still moving forward. It's like a season of "Lost". I recommend strapping yourself in and enjoy whatever the future brings. Welcome to Axlworld.

+1

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 08:20:45 PM »

I don?t think that was "natural" at all. Axl called Slash a cancer and wished he had never had him on the band (he was angry? maybe). But what I?m saying is: maybe there?s a lot of fans that prefer the CD era than the old line ups? Axl with the old guys spent 10 years together, with the "nugnr" line ups, 20 years.
I think it's perfectly logical

I think the piece that you are overlooking is the introduction of a sober Duff back into Axl's life. When everything went down in the 90's Duff was loaded with booze and coke, Slash was strung out, and Axl's life was in shambles personally between Erin, Stephanie, and dealing with everyone practically killing themselves in his band.

Fast forward to 2010, London happens and the lines of communication are open between a healthy Duff and Axl. Duff can now start giving Axl a run down on where a healthy Slash is at personally then at some point Duff had to have put them in touch. I think Slash's divorce probably even played a part...

The Slash that Axl was bashing was an active heroine addict... even though I'm sure he's heard reports of his recovery... that level of distrust is had to fix, I think that is where Duff came in. Duff can personally say that he has more than a decade of time spent working off and on with Slash and can vouch for the fact that he has changed. At that point maybe Axl gives Slash a quick meeting and it turns into hours of reminiscing and talking what they both love... Themselves (just kidding)... Music.

Not too bash one line up over another but I think we need to stop quoting time frames, what does that have to do with anything? 1985-1993 yielded much more music. Starting in 1985 you got (in order) Live Like a Suicide, Appetite, Lies, Use Your Illusion 1 and 2, The Spaghetti Incident. They were winning major industry awards, releasing singles (I'll leave out videos, but new acts do release videos and see significant play on things like Vevo). Since then, even if you remove 1994-1997, we are looking at 17 years with one album and a single for a movie (OMG)... I won't count the Live Album and Greatest Hits covering the 85-93 period... The impact of the 2 people that came back is far greater than the 7 that have left from the CD Era.

What I won't do is question your opinion, or your feeling for members. That means to you what it means to you and no there is no reason to argue it with you, if you think Tommy is better than Duff or Robin is better than Slash all the power to you. With that said I love the people who want to tell Axl how he should feel about Slash,... That is up to him, he can forgive or hate anyone for what ever reason, and as quickly forgive... My quote above is just my guess of how things could have been smoothed out, but I don't know and neither do you, so how can how judge him negatively for it.

For the last 15 years all I heard from 'Axl fans' was that it's his band and he doesn't owe you (me) anything... not a show, song, album, setlist, or an explanation... well the same goes now, he doesn't owe CD Era (NuGNR) fans an explanation... 'it is what it is'
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:22:30 PM by C0ma » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 08:22:08 PM »

Great post.

I was born in 1995 and i discovered GNR when i was probably five. So yes i grew up with 2000-15 era GNR.

I sure hope that like you said we will get a new season of Lost, instead of re-runs of Seasons 1 and 2. (great show by the way)

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 08:29:53 PM »

There are (supposedly) going to be more NuGunners (3) than OldGunners (2) onstage at Coachella with Axl and Dizzy.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 08:31:30 PM »

Like what?

/jarmo

oh come on Jarmo.

I know you'll wield the ''he doesn't owe you anything, he doesn't have to explain anything'' but I also know that you would like to know (if you already know it, i'm pretty sure you were feeling like me and lots of others before knowing it) how can a person go from ''There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty" / ''not in this lifetime'' / ''Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided" to announcing 2 dates in a collosal rock festival including that ''cancer'' dude without any fucking scales.

I can understand 99.9% of the fans in the world, maybe 99.9% of the people who bought tickets to Coachella to see they reunited may not need any explanation. But as for me, and many other fans (0,1% is still a pretty good ammount of people in such a gigantic fanbase), it's very difficult to understand and diggest. Musically-wise it's just impossible to understand IMO: going from Brain/Bucket/Finck to Slash and who knows what other rhythm guitarist and drummer is a massive downgrade to my eyes. And probably a death sentence to the chances of seeing the unreleased stuff from ChiDem era to see the light of the day some day. It's absolutely sad.

I dont think I can be qualified as a hater: i've traveled to seven different countries to see this band 16 times in 4 years, and because i've spent 12 fucking years defending the new incarnation of the band against all odds and the majority of the members of this message board who are now merciless bashing the past and celebrating the ''reunion''. Geez, some people here think ChiDem should be now ERASED from GNR's history!

In response to RnT, I think YES: Axl should say something.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 08:37:21 PM »

Axl will say something to the NUGNR fans.  When he does the band introductions, he's going to say:  "on keys: Chris MotherGoose Pitman; on drums: Frank Thunderchucker Ferrer; and on guitar:  Mr. Richard Fortus!!!

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 08:39:36 PM »

^ good point! i think their presences are a good sign for cd era fans. i dont think all the cd2 material will be ditched completely.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 08:40:35 PM »

What Im seeing is that the NUfans are just as intolerant as the Oldfans  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 08:41:22 PM »

Like what?

/jarmo

oh come on Jarmo.

I know you'll wield the ''he doesn't owe you anything, he doesn't have to explain anything'' but I also know that you would like to know (if you already know it, i'm pretty sure you were feeling like me and lots of others before knowing it) how can a person go from ''There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty" / ''not in this lifetime'' / ''Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided" to announcing 2 dates in a collosal rock festival including that ''cancer'' dude without any fucking scales.

I can understand 99.9% of the fans in the world, maybe 99.9% of the people who bought tickets to Coachella to see they reunited may not need any explanation. But as for me, and many other fans (0,1% is still a pretty good ammount of people in such a gigantic fanbase), it's very difficult to understand and diggest. Musically-wise it's just impossible to understand IMO: going from Brain/Bucket/Finck to Slash and who knows what other rhythm guitarist and drummer is a massive downgrade to my eyes. And probably a death sentence to the chances of seeing the unreleased stuff from ChiDem era to see the light of the day some day. It's absolutely sad.

I dont think I can be qualified as a hater: i've traveled to seven different countries to see this band 16 times in 4 years, and because i've spent 12 fucking years defending the new incarnation of the band against all odds and the majority of the members of this message board who are now merciless bashing the past and celebrating the ''reunion''. Geez, some people here think ChiDem should be now ERASED from GNR's history!

So, like, are you going to be the resident Debbie Downer who shits on everything from here on out...because you're pissed Bumblefoot isn't around anymore?  I don't know what sort of "explanation" you're looking for from Axl.  Frankly, you sound high.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: