Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:02:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Should Axl say something for the "NUGNR" fans...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should Axl say something for the "NUGNR" fans...  (Read 32408 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 08:44:01 PM »

I dont think I can be qualified as a hater:

You're not a Nuhater, you're an Oldhater.

Saying Stuff like Going from Bucket to Slash is a downgrade, kind of does make you a hater of the current lineup.

What you need to do is do what some of us did when Axl came with a bunch of different dudes: Accept it or say goodbye !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2016, 08:44:38 PM »

There is only GunsnRoses.  NuGNR was a somewhat derogatory term created by disgruntled fans who wanted Slash back.  Slash is back so let that term go.

Me and Axl use the term NuGNR all the time and we're both fans of all the line-ups.  Roll Eyes

LOL-  Been a fan since the late 80's, it has ALL been GNR- no NU, no "hired hands", or any of the rest of that terminology.

When I want to refer to a particular lineup, I simply refer to the year- such as GNR 01' or GNR 91.

It isn't rocket medicine  Roll Eyes

Soooo Excited to be attending Coachella!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:47:16 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 08:46:49 PM »

I think we are living in more tolerant times.

Pitman, Fortus, and Frank are apparently on board still.

and Hooray for that!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2016, 08:47:41 PM »

There is only GunsnRoses.  NuGNR was a somewhat derogatory term created by disgruntled fans who wanted Slash back.  Slash is back so let that term go.

Me and Axl use the term NuGNR all the time and we're both fans of all the line-ups.  Roll Eyes

LOL-  Been a fan since the late 80's, it has ALL been GNR- no NU, no "hired hands", or any of the rest of that terminology.

When I want to refer to a particular lineup, I simply refer to the year- such as GNR 01' or GNR 91.

it does make more sense and that's the way I see it too,  however you do piss on Ashba just like Esteban is pissing on Slash.  So you fall in the hater category just as well.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 08:48:12 PM »

It's rocket science or brain surgery or NuGNR.
Even Axl never called it rocket medicine.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2016, 08:51:14 PM »

I dont think I can be qualified as a hater:

What you need to do is do what some of us did when Axl came with a bunch of different dudes: Accept it or say goodbye !

I know my options, thank you. And I also know my choice: accepting it like a grown up and a racional being. Im not going to invent a derogatory term to call this band like a fucking 4 years old whiny kid, Im not going to deny the band's identity as ''Guns N' Roses'', and I will be attending the shows and buying whatever they put in the market as I always did. As long as Axl is there, you can count me in.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2016, 08:52:31 PM »

It's rocket science or brain surgery or NuGNR.
Even Axl never called it rocket medicine.  hihi

Duh! It's a joke phrase- I'm well aware of the original phrasing  Kiss It has ALL been GNR to me- no other terms needed.

Can't wait until April! This is going to be great! So glad I was able to get tickets and attend!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:55:05 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2016, 08:58:57 PM »

I prefer 'Classic Era' and 'CD Era', but I haven't thought of what to call this.

Saying Stuff like Going from Bucket to Slash is a downgrade, kind of does make you a hater of the current lineup.

What I don't get is the people who are drawing the line at Bucket or Robin vs. Slash... Axl didn't make that decision... they left on there own and Bucket was over a decade ago. He hasn't stepped foot on a GnR stage since 2002, and really wasn't around much after that in any capacity. Axl didn't choose to take a step back... Bucket, Robin, and Brain all left, and as long as we are sharing opinions, the better drummer stayed in Frank. Brain was borderline terrible on songs like You Could Be Mine... I am not a CD Era purist but Frank could be the best drummer the band has ever had.

Edit: Woody I was quoting your response, but more responding to who you were responding too.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:02:22 PM by C0ma » Logged
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 09:03:01 PM »

I prefer 'Classic Era' and 'CD Era', but I haven't thought of what to call this.

Now we can call this 'Hybrid Era'  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2016, 09:05:50 PM »

I am not a CD Era purist but Frank could be the best drummer the band has ever had.

Edit: Woody I was quoting your response, but more responding to who you were responding too.

I agree about Frank, first time I heard the band play with Frank I felt he made a definite impact. The overall sound of the band improved.
At least live, he might be the best.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 09:05:57 PM »

Now we can call this 'Hybrid Era'  Grin

That definitely rolls off the tongue better than '3rd Times a Charm Era'
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 09:07:09 PM »

What I don't get is the people who are drawing the line at Bucket or Robin vs. Slash... Axl didn't make that decision... they left on there own and Bucket was over a decade ago. He hasn't stepped foot on a GnR stage since 2002, and really wasn't around much after that in any capacity. Axl didn't choose to take a step back... Bucket, Robin, and Brain all left, and as long as we are sharing opinions, the better drummer stayed in Frank. Brain was borderline terrible on songs like You Could Be Mine... I am not a CD Era purist but Frank could be the best drummer the band has ever had.

Frank is a great Drummer, I dropped by his Mule Kick going away party  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 09:11:11 PM »

Didn't '3rd Times a Charm Era' start when BH left?  I think we're up to at least 'Come on 7!!! Era'

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2016, 09:14:31 PM »

Didn't '3rd Times a Charm Era' start when BH left?  I think we're up to at least 'Come on 7!!! Era'

I was looking at it as the period that they toured on CD...which BTW have we spoken to the Guinness people to see if 2002-2014 is a record for touring on 1 album?

But I think the craps reference should have covered the Vegas Residency... This Era naming thing is hard.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 09:15:58 PM »

Brain was borderline terrible on songs like You Could Be Mine...

That's a matter of tastes, and you should have noticed that the 2001-2006 lineup had three guys who were definitely not trying to ''imitate'' anyone but to translate their own styles to the songs. Check Robin playing the SCOM solo (you cant find 2 similar solos in 5 years), giving the impression he was just doing what his heart was dictating at that moment. Or the middle NR solo, criticized a lot at the moment by the ''purists'', or Buckethead doing his own thing on Nightrain, well, the same was for Brain. Do you REALLY think BRAIN (who is simply one of the most skilled drummers of our times, with an immense technique in many very complexes genres), cant ''copy bit-a-bit'' YCBM's intro? The intro for YCBM is one thing you learn to do in your third drum class... and this is exactly why I think DJ's addition to the band was the first step to make the band more ''old style'' maybe to sell more tickets... basically because he just copied everything (except for the TIL solo)

Jarmo will send me to the Dead Horse in a matter of seconds, I know... just cant believe how some fans underestimate the skills of musicians of the size of Bucket/Brain/Robin...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 09:22:12 PM »

Slash & Duff are back and still some people are not satisfied..... Welcome to GnR land.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 09:22:52 PM »

I was looking at it as the period that they toured on CD...which BTW have we spoken to the Guinness people to see if 2002-2014 is a record for touring on 1 album?

But I think the craps reference should have covered the Vegas Residency... This Era naming thing is hard.

That's why I refer by years- it's not foolproof but it's fairly specific enough to designate which lineup I'm discussing.

"Shut the fuck up."
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2016, 09:26:52 PM »

There have always been too many AFD songs played on all the tours for any one GNR album to get that record.  But I'm sure every Era loves to drink Guinness!!!

By-the-By:  I consider myself more of a NuGNR Era fan.  And I'm obviously fine with that term.
I am also fine with most of the NuGNR members who are no longer in the band being gone.
I hope Tommy makes a few appearances in the Hybrid Era.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »

There have always been too many AFD songs played on all the tours for any one GNR album to get that record.  But I'm sure every Era loves to drink Guinness!!!

By-the-By:  I consider myself more of a NuGNR Era fan.  And I'm obviously fine with that term.
I am also fine with most of the NuGNR members who are no longer in the band being gone.
I hope Tommy makes a few appearances in the Hybrid Era.

Funny thing, I own 21 GNR T-shirts, collected over the years- not a single one of them says NU-GNR- they ALL say Guns N' Roses! Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2016, 09:33:54 PM »

Brain was borderline terrible on songs like You Could Be Mine...

That's a matter of tastes, and you should have noticed that the 2001-2006 lineup had three guys who were definitely not trying to ''imitate'' anyone but to translate their own styles to the songs. Check Robin playing the SCOM solo (you cant find 2 similar solos in 5 years), giving the impression he was just doing what his heart was dictating at that moment. Or the middle NR solo, criticized a lot at the moment by the ''purists'', or Buckethead doing his own thing on Nightrain, well, the same was for Brain. Do you REALLY think BRAIN (who is simply one of the most skilled drummers of our times, with an immense technique in many very complexes genres), cant ''copy bit-a-bit'' YCBM's intro? The intro for YCBM is one thing you learn to do in your third drum class... and this is exactly why I think DJ's addition to the band was the first step to make the band more ''old style'' maybe to sell more tickets... basically because he just copied everything (except for the TIL solo)

Jarmo will send me to the Dead Horse in a matter of seconds, I know... just cant believe how some fans underestimate the skills of musicians of the size of Bucket/Brain/Robin...

It is absolutely a matter of tastes. I understand the love for Bucket because he is one of the most technically proficient guitar players out there, I don't 'dig' his style' but he is amazing. What I do not in anyway understand is the thought that not only is Robin in the same ballpark as Slash, but that people believe he is better (see what I did there)... Guitar God vs. guy that is a touring guitarist with a few writing credits on one major album and some other stuff that like 45 people have heard (and only because they visit these boards). I know I'm not going to change your mind because it is super subjective, I am onboard with you liking Robin more, but I don't see how anyone can say Robin is a better guitar player than Slash.

As far as Brain goes, he is great, I gave one example... and overall I think Frank is better for this band and it's material, Brain though did bring a lot to the engineering side when recording CD. With my YCBM example, it wasn't a beat for beat issue, it was that he 'pussyfooted' though that song... there was never any balls to it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: