Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:51:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Should Axl say something for the "NUGNR" fans...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should Axl say something for the "NUGNR" fans...  (Read 32502 times)
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2016, 09:35:32 PM »

... that followed him (and all the members post UYI era), supported him with Chinese Democracy for the past 20 years?? A lot of fans were born at that time and only came to see this GNR incarnation with Tommy, Finck, Fortus, Buckethead, Ron, DJ Ashba beeing in the band more than the "originals" ?

Huh

OK, I totally don't have time for this non-sense but I've seen it on Facebook and now here too. What is this thing about AXL having to say anything about the new members? Why on earth would he have to explain anything to anyone? Or the other thing I "like" is the thread someone started about being extremely sad because of Tommy is not in the band anymore??? Or another one from FB, one of DJ Ashba's female fans who is saying, quote [So my thoughts on this GNR ?reunion??
I never wanted one. I don?t like Slash.] end of the quote. Really, you don't like Slash, rather prefer another guitar player filling in while we could have the original member? And no disrespect, I actually like DJ Ashba, I think he does a good job with SIXX AM. Or comments from all over the internet like "Oh...if IZZY and Adler is not there than is not a reunion just a cash grab"!!

WTF people? Please don't get suicidal because of a band lineup changes!!! It's just fuckin' rock n roll!! Lineups change!! And there is no band in history that split and people didn't want it to be reunited and see the members who composed those songs play together again! That is normal, the only abnormal thing is that didn't happened fucking sooner!! And every new GNR member should have known that there is a possibility for reunion when they started to play in this band!

And this whole cash grab thing? Would seriously anyone think that any musician should get up there on stage and play for fucking free? So it won't be a cash grab? No one does that, except for starting bands!

And did anyone really think that maybe, just maybe IZZY is not down for a full touring gig? Or that maybe Stevie just can't keep it together for a full tour, no matter how much he wants it? But these details haven't even been announced yet...so who knows, might be guest appearances!

Ok, I could go on and on, but really I need to get back to work, because I don't work for free, I'm a successful business professional who works for money...which probably makes me just a cash grab...because I accept only consulting gigs that meet my hourly fee.

Let's not be drama rocket queens shall we?? Just sit back and enjoy that some of the guys that are responsible for composing the most recognizable anthems in rock history will play together again!

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2016, 09:37:22 PM »

Funny thing, I own 21 GNR T-shirts, collected over the years- not a single one of them says NU-GNR- they ALL say Guns N' Roses! Cheesy

21?  Wow, then I guess you win. Congrats.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2016, 09:42:59 PM »

Funny thing, I own 21 GNR T-shirts, collected over the years- not a single one of them says NU-GNR- they ALL say Guns N' Roses! Cheesy

Some are tattered, some are in frames- some are replacements for the ones I lost or got stolen-  I lost 3 one time when the airline lost my suitcase.

Looking forward to increasing my collection this year  peace

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2016, 09:47:35 PM »

Some are tattered, some are in frames- some are replacements for the ones I lost or got stolen-  I lost 3 one time when the airline lost my suitcase.

It's not a concert shirt, but I had the old GNRONLINE.COM shirt walk off after a party one night at my apartment. That was a cool niche little piece of GnR history from the very dark late 90's.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2016, 09:57:37 PM »

I don?t think that was "natural" at all. Axl called Slash a cancer and wished he had never had him on the band (he was angry? maybe). But what I?m saying is: maybe there?s a lot of fans that prefer the CD era than the old line ups? Axl with the old guys spent 10 years together, with the "nugnr" line ups, 20 years.

I love all lineups of GNR, and grew quite fond of the last incarnation due to their live shows..Out of selfish reasons, I.e. Expected high demand for tickets, O was/am not 100% thrilled with a reunion...Am I excited? Yes, Am I planning on attending as many area shows? Yes! Would I have continued to support the CD lineup? Ab-so-f'ng-lutley!!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2016, 10:03:06 PM »

It's not a concert shirt, but I had the old GNRONLINE.COM shirt walk off after a party one night at my apartment. That was a cool niche little piece of GnR history from the very dark late 90's.

I stopped letting people borrow my concert Ts- It's so aggravating when they don't return them.  rant

"Shut the fuck up."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2016, 10:47:55 PM »

I don?t think that was "natural" at all. Axl called Slash a cancer and wished he had never had him on the band (he was angry? maybe). But what I?m saying is: maybe there?s a lot of fans that prefer the CD era than the old line ups? Axl with the old guys spent 10 years together, with the "nugnr" line ups, 20 years.
Get on board or fuck off! Move on. Get over the past. Nobody owes you not one goddamn thing.

You know....that whole song and dance.  hihi

There is only GunsnRoses.  NuGNR was a somewhat derogatory term created by disgruntled fans who wanted Slash back.  Slash is back so let that term go. Axl himself said he was appreciative to all the line ups when he accepted his lifetime achievement award at the Golden Gods. He does not  need to say anything else.
Axl himself referred to them as that.  Fans got bitched at for saying it for years yet when Axl called them that he wasn't bitched at for some reason.

It was just a way to differentiate between the two eras in discussions. I've used the term many times on forums but never saw the reason to in real life. For example, someone asks what your favorite band is, certainly wouldn't say new Guns N Roses.

For the last 15 years all I heard from 'Axl fans' was that it's his band and he doesn't owe you (me) anything... not a show, song, album, setlist, or an explanation... well the same goes now, he doesn't owe CD Era (NuGNR) fans an explanation... 'it is what it is'
EXCELLENT point.  hihi

It isn't rocket medicine  Roll Eyes

It's rocket science or brain surgery or NuGNR.
Even Axl never called it rocket medicine.  hihi
In all fairness I think its a play on David Lee Roth's "It aint rocket surgery.." line.

matty29
Headliner

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2016, 11:01:29 PM »

I love all lineups of GNR, and grew quite fond of the last incarnation due to their live shows..Out of selfish reasons, I.e. Expected high demand for tickets, O was/am not 100% thrilled with a reunion...Am I excited? Yes, Am I planning on attending as many area shows? Yes! Would I have continued to support the CD lineup? Ab-so-f'ng-lutley!!

That's exactly it.  Afd gnr was the biggest band in the world.  CD gnr wasn't selling out clubs at the end.  So you may love the CD lineup but in reality you are one of the few.   I loved it too but it was a niche act.
bjd2944
Headliner

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2016, 12:12:56 AM »

He kinda already did - "nobody owes you, not one God damn thing..."

I don't understand the sense of entitlement. If you're unhappy with the direction a band is going, you have options - don't see their shows, don't buy their records and merchandise.

Whatever the reasons may be - financial, personal, Axl is entitled to form his band however he sees fit.

Aside from "thank you for supporting Guns N' Roses over the years," what do fans want? Some long, drawn out explanation of the who, what, where, when and how this all happened? Axl doesn't ow that, or anything to anyone.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2016, 01:03:01 AM »

Get on board or fuck off! Move on. Get over the past. Nobody owes you not one goddamn thing.

You know....that whole song and dance.  hihi

There is only GunsnRoses.  NuGNR was a somewhat derogatory term created by disgruntled fans who wanted Slash back.  Slash is back so let that term go. Axl himself said he was appreciative to all the line ups when he accepted his lifetime achievement award at the Golden Gods. He does not  need to say anything else.
Axl himself referred to them as that.  Fans got bitched at for saying it for years yet when Axl called them that he wasn't bitched at for some reason.

It was just a way to differentiate between the two eras in discussions. I've used the term many times on forums but never saw the reason to in real life. For example, someone asks what your favorite band is, certainly wouldn't say new Guns N Roses.

For the last 15 years all I heard from 'Axl fans' was that it's his band and he doesn't owe you (me) anything... not a show, song, album, setlist, or an explanation... well the same goes now, he doesn't owe CD Era (NuGNR) fans an explanation... 'it is what it is'
EXCELLENT point.  hihi

It isn't rocket medicine  Roll Eyes

It's rocket science or brain surgery or NuGNR.
Even Axl never called it rocket medicine.  hihi
In all fairness I think its a play on David Lee Roth's "It aint rocket surgery.." line.

It was, I couldn't remember who said it right offhand- but I intentionally botched the line and went off script.

Here's what Axl said in the 2008 chats about "NuGuns"-

Axl:In regard to nuGuns, I get that sometimes it helps to be able to clarify. Personally I call this Guns and the Illusions or previous lineups old Guns.

"Shut the fuck up."
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2016, 01:39:26 AM »

Doesn't matter what he should say... he shoudn't have to say anything.

Any NUGn'R fan more than likely was a OLD Gn'R fan at some point first. So it doesn't matter.

At the end of the day, Guns N' Roses will be 86-95. The 00-15 Gn'R was good, but it isn't what any of us really wanted.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2016, 02:11:12 AM »

Doesn't matter what he should say... he shoudn't have to say anything.

Any NUGn'R fan more than likely was a OLD Gn'R fan at some point first. So it doesn't matter.

At the end of the day, Guns N' Roses will be 86-95. The 00-15 Gn'R was good, but it isn't what any of us really wanted.

You don't speak for everyone, I have enjoyed every lineup of GNR, and I will enjoy seeing the lineup that shows up at coachella- so you can't say "it's not what any of us wanted".
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 02:13:14 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2016, 02:30:25 AM »

Afd gnr was the biggest band in the world.  CD gnr wasn't selling out clubs at the end.  So you may love the CD lineup but in reality you are one of the few. I loved it too but it was a niche act.
That's how it is. GNR always tried to be as big as possible, bringing Slash and Duff back is the smartest move done by Axl in two decades.

GNR forever !!
Princess Leia
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2016, 04:34:19 AM »

Yeah he will. Axl is gonna dedicate Double Talkin Jive to all the people who are crying and moaning about DJ Ashba, Robin, CDII etc 

Careful what you wish for, you may have it   smoking
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2016, 06:08:36 AM »

Sounds like many of you followed Axl's vision and peerless integrity like I did and now this feels like selling out a bit. Perhaps you ask yourself why he would choose to prostitute himself to live with fortune and shame. Wink

In all honesty though, for whatever reason it wasn't working was it. We weren't getting albums, tours were growing stale and most crucially Axl Rose, one of the greatest performers of all time, was starting to look like he didn't care anymore.

If these are the people he needs around to be The Axl Rose at this point, I'm glad they're there. Active Axl versus no Axl is a no brainer.

Some clarification on what's happening to the existing unreleased material would be nice along with a 'thanks to the members and supporters of recent lineups' buy it's not going to make or break my day either way. It's certainly not like we were right on the cusp of getting CD2 and 3 and then Slash came along and ruined that. There was no sign of an album. Something was wrong.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2016, 06:20:34 AM »

I don't think Axl should say something "for the NUGNR fans", but if Eddie Trunk is to be believed, he - and the other members - will hold a press conference at some point. I also believe that the Kimmel interview would be the place to explain some stuff, and it may still happen sometime in the future.

So there you go.

kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2016, 06:27:30 AM »

... that followed him (and all the members post UYI era), supported him with Chinese Democracy for the past 20 years?? A lot of fans were born at that time and only came to see this GNR incarnation with Tommy, Finck, Fortus, Buckethead, Ron, DJ Ashba beeing in the band more than the "originals" ?

Huh
Why on earth would he have to explain anything to anyone?

Well, it would be nice to know are we ever gonna hear unreleased material from CD -era. Like what happened to the remix album? what happened to the so called part 2 of the Chinese Democracy? Lot of fans supported the "NU-GNR" and have been waiting the new material for ages.

I totally understand that fans like to know about the band that they LOVE, so why most of you are such of assholes for RnT asking nicely stuff like that.

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2016, 07:29:35 AM »

I know you'll wield the ''he doesn't owe you anything, he doesn't have to explain anything'' but I also know that you would like to know (if you already know it, i'm pretty sure you were feeling like me and lots of others before knowing it) how can a person go from ''There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty" / ''not in this lifetime'' / ''Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided" to announcing 2 dates in a collosal rock festival including that ''cancer'' dude without any fucking scales.

How is that particularly aimed at these so called "NUGNR fans"?
I'm sure the average rock fan would also be interested in hearing how it all happened. Hell, maybe even Debbie Downer who says nobody cares that they will play together again!

My question stands. What exactly is he now supposed to say to those particular singled out fans?
Many of us are Guns N' Roses fans and we don't really divide ourselves into smaller categories all the time. "I'm a fan of this GN'R, that GN'R, but not that one". No, I'm a fan of GN'R, period.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2016, 08:51:48 AM »

The only real difference in the lineups is that Slash and Duff have more star power than some of the other talented musicians who were part of GNR over the years.  Things evolve and change.  Exciting times ahead for GNR fans.  No apologies or explanations needed.  Cool
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2016, 08:55:11 AM »

I know you'll wield the ''he doesn't owe you anything, he doesn't have to explain anything'' but I also know that you would like to know (if you already know it, i'm pretty sure you were feeling like me and lots of others before knowing it) how can a person go from ''There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty" / ''not in this lifetime'' / ''Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided" to announcing 2 dates in a collosal rock festival including that ''cancer'' dude without any fucking scales.

How is that particularly aimed at these so called "NUGNR fans"?
I'm sure the average rock fan would also be interested in hearing how it all happened. Hell, maybe even Debbie Downer who says nobody cares that they will play together again!

My question stands. What exactly is he now supposed to say to those particular singled out fans?
Many of us are Guns N' Roses fans and we don't really divide ourselves into smaller categories all the time. "I'm a fan of this GN'R, that GN'R, but not that one". No, I'm a fan of GN'R, period.

/jarmo

While I certainly don' t agree with Esteban or any of his views or which version is more talented... he like many of us sees the eras of GNR as drastically different versions... not just one overall entity.

I don't think having that viewpoint deserves a lecture... I never have.

These recent developments really is the best of both worlds... it puts GNR at the fore front again... it will bring so many eye balls to everything they do, and should make it easier for a new GNR release that should feature music that has contributions from all the players over the years that people are so fond of around here.

Plus they didn't swap the CD era players out for Slash and Duff... they quit... a long time ago...

and then their replacements quit!

So the CD era of the band was finished anyway....

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:58:59 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: