Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 05:06:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?  (Read 29346 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2016, 02:49:23 PM »

Shows announced: Wishing more shows makes more sense than to wish for something that isn't related to shows.
It's all about shows. It makes sense in a way.

It's like you're invited to a barbecue, and you expect soup. You don't necessarily think soup will be served because it's a barbecue!  hihi

What I meant was that if they had announced that this regrouping is for studio work only, then I'd say the same thing.

/jarmo

Uhm, I think that depends on the person you ask. New music isnt related to new shows in your opinion. For me it makes perfect sense.

Also in latinamerica, A barbecue very often has tortillas and bean dip and tomato salad. Maybe a GNR fan in Kathmandu like their Yak barbecue with a soup !
 hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2016, 02:50:21 PM »

Also, the Black Sabbath "reunion" had a new album 13 along with reunion concerts.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2016, 03:29:00 PM »

The guessing game to me is part of the fun. They keep me on my toes. I like that.  rofl

My guess... Steven is not part of it. Why? Loose cannon. No way he will keep sober. Not gonna happen.

He says: I've been sober 20 months or whatever. That's not fucking sober. That's step 1. Duff's been sober over 20 years. That's fucking sober. You can't count on a junkie. This reunion basically needs to go off without a hitch. The piranhas are chomping and just waiting.

Oh yeah and cash grab? Of course it's a cash grab. Just like anything it's a BUSINESS. They aren't giving away tickets and albums. It's not volunteer work.

Whatever the reason is, it's their choice to make. I don't think it's important to know what the reason is. I don't think the band is going to have sleepovers and talk about video games or play with GI Joes. They grown men with responsibilities. Do you have a favorite TV Show/sitcom? I guarantee the majority of the actors and producers hate each other or hate certain cast members. Who the hell cares if it's a cash grab.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:35:47 PM by DexterWRose » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2016, 03:33:15 PM »

Yeah, I do love a good "what if" scenario.  I'll tell ya, if GNR drops a new album with Slash and Duff on it AND tours, how is this not the best year for GNR fans since 1991?  It'd almost be too much...Almost.  hihi

Yeah, that's all they are.  Just theories and "what if" scenarios.  Throwing out possibilities and possible pros and cons.

And yeah, if that were to somehow happen, its absolutely the best time to be a GNR fan since 1991/92.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2016, 03:34:33 PM »

Its sad to see people say Steven would screw it all up.  He would put the tour in jeopardy!  Gasp!

It's so safe these days.  Damn. Remember when this used to be the most dangerous band in rock n roll?
That's half the fun!  Sure Steven could mess up.  So could Axl and Slash.  They could piss each other off.  
There are always other drummers.  Steven wouldnt be alone anyways.  Will he pop up?  Will Izzy?

Let's have a little fun!  
DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2016, 03:37:49 PM »

Its sad to see people say Steven would screw it all up.  He would put the tour in jeopardy!  Gasp!

It's so safe these days.  Damn. Remember when this used to be the most dangerous band in rock n roll?
That's half the fun!  Sure Steven could mess up.  So could Axl and Slash.  They could piss each other off.  
There are always other drummers.  Steven wouldnt be alone anyways.  Will he pop up?  Will Izzy?

Let's have a little fun!  

Those days are gone. It was fun before they started selling GNR christmas sweaters and video game likenesses of themselves. Not judging, but they are also not 20 anymore. They are in their 50s and are in the R&R Hall of Fame. Just saying they're not the street urchins living in a one bedroom apartment anymore.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2016, 03:41:17 PM »

But a number of us do express puzzlement over your apparent fear and distrust over simple conversation.  You are always in such a hurry to shut shit down, tell people that certain conversations should not be had.  It's odd.

If that's the case, seems like a number of you aren't exactly experts on what I think.
Ironic that you'd object. I'm just pointing out what's reality versus fantasy (as it is at this moment).

Besides, haven't you managed to fill the time between June 2014 and last week quite well.... Without shows to look forward to.
I assumed with shows to look forward to, some things might've changed. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2016, 03:56:04 PM »

Let's have a little fun!  

At this level, music is a business.  A band like this, is big business.

And this particular tour is probably a hell of a lot more about dollars and cents than any tour before it.

Approached from a business angle, Steven is simply a bad bet.  That's also on Steven.  His baggage is not some urban legend.  It's real world.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2016, 04:07:39 PM »

If that's the case, seems like a number of you aren't exactly experts on what I think.

It might not be how you think, but its how your actions come across.  That's all.

Totally get you wanting to control certain content.  Like keeping out "fat Axl" memes or a bunch of threads about how the past 15 years were "fake GNR".

But have you ever really contemplated what percentage of your posts are of the "tsk, tsk" variety?  (SPOILER ALERT : I have...it's high)

What's it really getting you?

Annie
« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2016, 04:40:14 PM »

Let's have a little fun!  
Steven WILL screw things up. It's not a matter of being dangerous.  He has always been a selfish person who craves attention and has never seriously taken any accountability for any of his actions.  He will not let go of his glory days.  He is nowhere near Axl in terms of star power or charisma.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2016, 04:41:08 PM »

But a number of us do express puzzlement over your apparent fear and distrust over simple conversation.  You are always in such a hurry to shut shit down, tell people that certain conversations should not be had.  It's odd.

Ironic that you'd object. I'm just pointing out what's reality versus fantasy (as it is at this moment).

Besides, haven't you managed to fill the time between June 2014 and last week quite well.... Without shows to look forward to.
I assumed with shows to look forward to, some things might've changed. Smiley

/jarmo

For me personally it's not an expectation, it's a nice to have. All things considered when GnR started playing shows in 2001 I don't think anyone 'expected' to get the volume of new songs that we got from the outset.  So while I'm not holding my breath, it would be interesting to see if the studio and rehearsal time leads to a new track that gets debuted... after all 7 years went by after the introduction of CD, SOD, Maddy, and Riad before were heard them on an official release... and Silkworms still hasn't seen the light of day. so they were pretty raw and sort of worked out in front of us.

At the end of the day I am just happy to see (hopefully in person) Axl, Slash, and Duff together on stage. They could play 4 songs from Lies and walk off and I'd be grinning from ear to ear for a week... Whatever we get is great, and any surprises are just gravy.
budmaster
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2016, 04:53:31 PM »

just get the original lineup together, give em a load of coke & heroin & let em PARTY! Thats how GnR started, & continued for many years & thats what I wanna see now.

I dont wanna see a bunch of studio/session musicians who play perfectly & kiss Axl's arse. Punk spirit is what GnR was built on....BRING IT BACK! Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2016, 04:59:16 PM »

Totally get you wanting to control certain content. 

Not really about control.
If it was about control, I could always just remove the posts. ok

At the end of the day, people will always want something else. Not meany as an insult or anything, just an observation. You say you want an album, the album comes out, so you want a tour, tour starts, so you want a new album.... And now we got shows to look forward to, and we're talking about songs/an album. I know, we were talking about the album before there were shows.... Smiley

But have you ever really contemplated what percentage of your posts are of the "tsk, tsk" variety?  (SPOILER ALERT : I have...it's high)

But have you ever really contemplated what percentage of your posts are about me?  (SPOILER ALERT : It's high)

just get the original lineup together, give em a load of coke & heroin & let em PARTY! Thats how GnR started, & continued for many years & thats what I wanna see now.

I dont wanna see a bunch of studio/session musicians who play perfectly & kiss Axl's arse. Punk spirit is what GnR was built on....BRING IT BACK! Wink

Let me ask you this, how old are you?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 06:29:34 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2016, 05:03:57 PM »

At the end of the day, people will always want something else. Not meany as an insult or anything, just an observation. You say you want an album, the album comes out, so you want a tour, tour starts, so you want a new album.... And now we got shows to look forward to, and we're talking about songs/an album. I know, we were talking about the album before there were shows.... Smiley

/jarmo

Good to see this is on topic  Wink Not a  fan of Steven then.... Kiss
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2016, 05:18:43 PM »

Not a  fan of Steven then.... Kiss

Great drumming on the first two GN'R albums.  ok

/jarmo

Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2016, 05:21:12 PM »

Most dangerous band in the world, eh?  It's all fun and games until somebody loses a pancreas.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
budmaster
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2016, 05:25:10 PM »

Let me ask you this, how old are you?

/jarmo

Old enough Jarmo!  ok

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2016, 05:35:20 PM »

Obviously suggesting drugs as some kind of sick joke to people who've almost killed themselves due to addiction problems doesn't seem like the smartest thing to post.

Especially when it's been a little over a month since a few of those people lost a former band mate.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2016, 05:48:45 PM »

What a fucking idiotic thing to say. It's not often I get annoyed with forum posts- but this goon (if he isn't trolling) deserves it. You WANT to see people taking coke and heroin?! I assume you've not read duff or slash's books,  (I assume you've probably never read a book actually) because if you had you might realise how stupid that comment is.
I also assume you've never had contact with anyone in the real world who has let their life slide into hell through contact with these things- if you did you wouldn't be posting such things on a forum.
I'm sure you'll hide behind a computer screen and anonymity, making ignorant comments like this. Do us all a favour and grow up, get some experience of the real world, and keep your ignorance to yourself.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2016, 05:54:54 PM »

Obviously suggesting drugs as some kind of sick joke to people who've almost killed themselves due to addiction problems doesn't seem like the smartest thing to post.

Especially when it's been a little over a month since a few of those people lost a former band mate.

/jarmo

Yeah I agree. We are actually pretty lucky that Steven/Duff/Slash are still alive as they all had some pretty serious close calls with death.

Drugs in this band isn't something of the current. It's long ago.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: