Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 05:17:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler/Sorum - Sorum/Adler - Who's in, who's not, why etc.?  (Read 29347 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 08:27:01 AM »

This has got to be the first reunion ever where people don't know who is exactly reuniting. Guns just do things their way  rofl

Haha! Brilliant!

Any other band would really capitalize on the 'reunion' aspect- press photos, press conference, pictures altogether etc. Only GNR leave us all as baffled as we ever were, scratching around social media posts to try and work out who is even playing!

Which is what makes them infinitely more interesting than most other bands!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 09:02:53 AM »

copy from my other post:

whats with all the posts about matt /axl tensions?
He gave few interviews where he said he wouldnt mind performing with then "Nu GNR"... and he also ran into Axl at some bar in 06 where they were cool
http://metalsludge.tv/classic/?p=31324
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-says-he-would-have-no-problems-with-playing-with-current-version-of-guns-n-roses/

do not invent feuds where there are none.
Yes! i was also asking a week ago where these Axl hates Matt comments come from.
I have never heard Matt badmouthing Axl or GNR, Unlike Adler who for the last few years has made some pretty nasty comments about GNR (its a fraud, nobody knows Frank ect.)

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2016, 10:05:25 AM »

He was coming back to LA to say goodbye to a friend.  Lemmy.

This.  I think he spoke at the funeral.  I doubt he has anything to do with Coachella.

Maybe later on down the road....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »

Did you see what happened between him and Weiland in VR?

I doubt Axl would refer to him this way if he was the nicest guy ever to be in GN'R: For me Matt doesn't figure into the equation and for as much as I was a friend to him he was incapable of reciprocating and life is much better without such an obvious albatross. Axl, August 2002

So yeah, I doubt the posts about tensions between them are just made up.
But I don't know what it's like today.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »

I doubt Axl would refer to him this way if he was the nicest guy ever to be in GN'R: For me Matt doesn't figure into the equation and for as much as I was a friend to him he was incapable of reciprocating and life is much better without such an obvious albatross. Axl, August 2002

/jarmo

At least he wasn't a cancer that lived in his ass...  So he has that leg up on Slash Wink
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2016, 12:02:54 PM »

One would think that it's just that the drummer spot was already filled...

If he can mend fences with Slash... then... being mad at Matt for being a "slash guy" doesn't make much sense...

Frank is the drummer... he didn't quit...so Axl isn't going to kick him in the curb.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2016, 12:30:54 PM »

At least he wasn't a cancer that lived in his ass...  So he has that leg up on Slash Wink
well, he was just a "former employee" Wink

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2016, 02:11:50 PM »

Never been a huge fan of Matt, so not eager to see him involved.   That said, if he is, then so be it.

I really like Frank, and think he is probably the best choice.   It takes away the Steven vs. Matt thing.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2016, 04:32:34 PM »

I don't know if Matt vs Frank is much of a difference as far as selling tickets. I do believe Steven is for sure a difference. Remember 95-99% of the fans have never heard of Frank or seen him play. It's just the hard core like us.  If they're really going for stadiums in the U.S. they'd want to go for as many of the Appetite and/or Illusions lineup on stage as possible.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2016, 05:17:41 PM »

I liked Sorum a lot on the monster 91-92-93 TOUR!

Ill love to see him again.

peace

axlvai
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2016, 05:38:44 PM »

I think Frank as the main drummer, and a section of the show with Adler, and a encore with both would make a lot of people happy.   beer
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2016, 07:27:46 PM »

Mark my words, Frank and Adler will switch places during the Coachella shows..,.Adler doing around 3 songs.  Same for Izzy.
Then the tour will come and Adler will say goodbye.

Matt's out.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2016, 07:32:55 PM »

I think Axl has never cared about drums and drummers in general. He's always been the piano/orchestra guy, so he doesn't give a fuck about it. Looks like everybody can play drums in gnr.

Frank is a good drummer as many others. Matt was like a drum machine. Brain was the greatest one (even if in gnr didn't do a good job imho) but i think he was more a "trojan horse" to get buckethead in.  Adler was for sure one of a kind and imho the best choice for a "classic gnr sound" but really too weak to play something heavier and for a long time.

That being said, probably frank is the best choice cause in Axl's mind he's just the bum bum cha guy and he doesn't need /want to have any additional problem
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2016, 07:51:20 PM »

I think Axl has never cared about drums and drummers in general. He's always been the piano/orchestra guy, so he doesn't give a fuck about it. Looks like everybody can play drums in gnr.

Frank is a good drummer as many others. Matt was like a drum machine. Brain was the greatest one (even if in gnr didn't do a good job imho) but i think he was more a "trojan horse" to get buckethead in.  Adler was for sure one of a kind and imho the best choice for a "classic gnr sound" but really too weak to play something heavier and for a long time.

That being said, probably frank is the best choice cause in Axl's mind he's just the bum bum cha guy and he doesn't need /want to have any additional problem

You're probably right... Frank is the only one who does not have space for a solo. Back in UYI Matt had. I find drum solos quite unnecessary by the way...

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2016, 07:52:13 PM »

Josh Freese is criminally forgotten in the GNR world.
He is one of if not best modern rock drummer of the world. The hardest GNR song to play on drums is Oh My God, imo.

I mean you have to be pretty hardcore when Sting wants you to be his drummer.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2016, 09:39:29 PM »

He is one of if not best modern rock drummer of the world. The hardest GNR song to play on drums is Oh My God, imo.

I mean you have to be pretty hardcore when Sting wants you to be his drummer.

Totally agree
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2016, 10:16:41 PM »

I think it's pretty cool. He also did Riad and TWAT's drum arrangement - both really, really cool drums.

zombux
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2016, 02:53:30 AM »

I don't think Axl ever considered Josh Freese a real band member, he was probably more like a studio recording musician - of course, an extremely skillful one.

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2016, 03:45:07 AM »

/jarmo

but matt was the last one to leave GNR. He basically suggested Finck to Axl in the first place.
And there's that 2006 encounter where they were cool to each other. And 0 negative comments from Matt since then, including him saying that he wouldnt mind sharing a stage with Axl.

btw... I dont know how many of you people have read Ayn Rands "Atlas Shrugged"... but if Axl took the book as nearly as serious as I did... would explain a lot about his stance to life and people in particular.

his rethorics are often similar to that of Rand.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:46:50 AM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
zombux
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2016, 03:50:59 AM »

nope, actually Sorum rage-quit in 1997 and Duff later, probably amicably, in 1998. just sayin'.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: