Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:22:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash & Fortus
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Fortus  (Read 36094 times)
DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2016, 08:34:08 PM »

Here's why I think there will be some Chinese Democracy stuff in there:

1. Slash and Duff are back in Guns N' Roses. Regardless of how you feel, Axl owns GNR. They are joining his band. What that means is that they are playing Guns N' Roses songs. If they flat out refuse because "it's not GNR", that means they don't respect what Axl went through putting it out.

2. Axl not only fought way more than any of us could ever imagine to put out Chinese. Think he's just gonna say: "screw it, let's just play the old hits." Not gonna happen. I don't see that being possible.

Oh and to chime in, can't see Slash doing the solos of CD or Shackler's, etc. Not even close to his style. So maybe Fortus takes it. Now I know people don't consider Fortus a "virtuoso" but the man can fucking play.

Lol at comment 1. C'mon man. Really?! Give me a freaking break. You guys have to stop this crap. Axl, Slash, and Duff most likely have an equal partnership.  Why can't some of just just realize that and move on? We have better things to talk about.

Better things like what? What I said is true. Axl owns 100% of GN'R. You think he's just gonna split it now? You should laught at that. Move on? Like the last 16 years didn't happen?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2016, 09:25:06 PM »

How does it affect anyone's enjoyment of the music - no matter what the legal agreement among them is?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2016, 09:43:20 PM »

maybe, but GNR still lacks a solo guitar virtuoso, so we can possibly say goodbye to ChiDem songs in their full shape.

Slash could easily play all those solos.

rofl

Shacklers?  That is NOT his style.

and don't get me wrong.....I love Slash, but different player play different things

Whos gives a damn? I DON'T want to hear Shackler's Revenge on this tour/Coachella

omg who gives a fuck

I do give, and you can find lot's of other GNR fans that do give too.

You need to understand that ChiDem is a GNR album just as AFD is. And that it's as good as any other GNR album. Time to act like a grown up and accept it.
Well to play Shacklers solo you need a fretless guitar, i dont know if anyone in the band can play fretless guitar.

Mb he could play the original solos that buckethead wrote for the song.   The song that he actually wrote. Then Ron got a chance to play a solo

He Ron.   Here's this great song that Simone else wrote.  Put a solo on it k.   We will pull the other one.   

I am sure slash will do just fine
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2016, 09:48:29 PM »

Who's Simone? hihi

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2016, 10:00:47 PM »

1. Slash and Duff are back in Guns N' Roses. Regardless of how you feel, Axl owns GNR. They are joining his band. What that means is that they are playing Guns N' Roses songs. If they flat out refuse because "it's not GNR", that means they don't respect what Axl went through putting it out.

2. Axl not only fought way more than any of us could ever imagine to put out Chinese. Think he's just gonna say: "screw it, let's just play the old hits." Not gonna happen. I don't see that being possible.

Oh and to chime in, can't see Slash doing the solos of CD or Shackler's, etc. Not even close to his style. So maybe Fortus takes it. Now I know people don't consider Fortus a "virtuoso" but the man can fucking play.

Lol at comment 1. C'mon man. Really?! Give me a freaking break. You guys have to stop this crap. Axl, Slash, and Duff most likely have an equal partnership.  Why can't some of just just realize that and move on? We have better things to talk about.

You think after all these years, Slash and Duff are just going to walk back in and have EQUAL partnership?  What drug are you on?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2016, 10:11:17 PM »

Who's Simone? hihi

Your mom
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2016, 10:13:37 PM »

Calm down, it was just a joke. No need for acting like an prick.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2016, 10:18:59 PM »

Haha as was mine.   

No harm meant to your real mom

I am sure her name is Simone else
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2016, 10:19:18 PM »

[ Put a solo on it k.   

Potassium?  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2016, 12:50:12 AM »

Haha as was mine.   

No harm meant to your real mom

I am sure her name is Simone else

Baconman strikes again!  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Lotgrinder
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2016, 01:14:38 AM »

Izzy's in man.

At least for all of AFD and Patience.

He's not going to sit home on his couch jacking his pud while the other four play.

That being said I'm more excited for Izzy playing Izzy's parts and Fortus standing on the sideline beating his own meat.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2016, 09:00:02 AM »

You think after all these years, Slash and Duff are just going to walk back in and have EQUAL partnership?  What drug are you on?

I wonder about what you are on as well. If you think that Slash and Duff would have come back under AXl then you are not facing reality. Most likely, this is under the old partnership that Axl left. So I would say give it up already. There is much better things to talk about than rehashing who owns the band.  That's  all I'm saying.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2016, 09:32:21 AM »

umm... maybe a stupid idea, but - what if this thing will get bigger and more ex-members will make a guest appearance? maybe Robin Finck, Izzy, DJ Ashba or even Adler?

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2016, 10:07:45 AM »

umm... maybe a stupid idea, but - what if this thing will get bigger and more ex-members will make a guest appearance? maybe Robin Finck, Izzy, DJ Ashba or even Adler?

Because it wouldnt be bigger in the eyes of the public.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2016, 10:14:05 AM »

I wonder about what you are on as well. If you think that Slash and Duff would have come back under AXl then you are not facing reality. Most likely, this is under the old partnership that Axl left. So I would say give it up already. There is much better things to talk about than rehashing who owns the band.  That's  all I'm saying.

I would think things are the same as they have been... the three of them have been business partners all along no? With Axl owning the name Guns n Roses... I imagine that remains. Plus didn't they re do the merchandising making the three of them partners in that as well?

Does anybody really think Axl is getting all of the money for this and paying Slash and Duff a salary for each show? I find that hard to believe...

but like somebody said WHO CARES! I am just happy that we are going to see it ... probably.  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2016, 12:55:17 PM »

maybe, but GNR still lacks a solo guitar virtuoso, so we can possibly say goodbye to ChiDem songs in their full shape.

rofl

and don't get me wrong.....I love Slash, but different player play different things

Whos gives a damn? I DON'T want to hear Shackler's Revenge on this tour/Coachella

omg who gives a fuck

You need to understand that ChiDem is a GNR album just as AFD is. And that it's as good as any other GNR album. Time to act like a grown up and accept it.

I really like CD... so who are you trying to kid? I just don't want to hear Shackley's Revenge man. Who gives a fuck about that?

I'm cool with like 4 CD songs. Lets be honest here though... Gn'R is 85-95 in reality. It always will be.

Ouch.  Wink

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2016, 01:36:19 PM »

rofl

omg who gives a fuck

I really like CD... so who are you trying to kid? I just don't want to hear Shackley's Revenge man. Who gives a fuck about that?

I'm cool with like 4 CD songs. Lets be honest here though... Gn'R is 85-95 in reality. It always will be.

Ouch.  Wink

Wrong.

You may not like other lineups but that does not mean the band only existed in the years you mentioned.

"Shut the fuck up."
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2016, 02:15:03 PM »

The problem with not doing CD is that it becomes a nostalgia act, and the end of the road and to a lot of fans it will be meh! There's no coming back from that. To become the progressive act I believe they want to be, they need to embrace CD and produce new material.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2016, 02:55:18 PM »

Gn'R is 85-95 in reality. It always will be.

as a popband yeah

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
bjd2944
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2016, 02:57:34 PM »

If - and it's a big if, the Chinese Democracy songs are played, they might even sound better stripped down and re-orchestrated a bit - I'm of the opinion a bunch of them were too busy, and had too much going on. It's yet to be seen who's in the band, let alone what will be played.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: