Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Setlist predictions / dreams / wishes for 2016
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist predictions / dreams / wishes for 2016  (Read 28830 times)
budmaster
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 02:25:32 AM »

If Axl is reading, I am the guy that kept posting on your Twitter that I would let you snort cocaine out of my 19 year old girlfriend's asshole if you get the original line up back together.

So, I guess I owe you.

Please contact me to put me on guest list and I'll have her and some of the finest peruvian flake ready to be snorted at Coachella.

Thanks.  beer beer beer beer

that the funniest thing I've read for a while! Good luck m8 Wink
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 09:05:47 AM »

It would be cool if they did a couple of the VR songs. I've always wondered what they would have sounded like with Axl doing the vocals.
Giantrobott
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 09:36:28 AM »

lol @ Shackler's Revenge.

rofl
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 11:09:31 AM »

i seriously doubt there will be anything from CD. i bet it's appetite heavy mixed with the hits from uyi( November rain, dont cry, estranged,knockin maybe civil war. you gotta remember its a festival not a full gnr show as well
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 11:46:13 AM »

01- Chinese Democracy
(lights out, 3 minutes in the dark, absolute silence)
02- Coma
03- It's So Easy
04- Mr. Brownstone
05- Better
06- Sorry
07- Shackler's Revenge
08- Godfather's Theme / Sweet Child O' Mine
09- It's Alright / November Rain
10- This I Love
11- There Was A Time
12- Double Talkin' Jive
13- Riad N' The Bedouins
14- You Got No Right
15- Been There Lately
16- Blacklight Jesus From Transylvania / Silkworms
17- Welcome To The Jungle
18- Madagascar
19- Estranged
20- Paradise City

way too many non gnr songs... (old gnr)

Too many CD songs on that set. I'd be somewhat bummed out if that is anything close to what they play.

24 songs is the ballpark I think for songs. 8 Appetite, 10 UYI, 2 covers and 4 cd songs
agreed with Thorned. My wish setlist would be: 8 Appetite, 10 UYI, 2-4 Lies & maybe 2 CD songs

awesome man. makes me feel like I"m not the only one who thinks these morons wanting like 6-8 CD songs are crazy

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2016, 12:08:04 PM »

awesome man. makes me feel like I"m not the only one who thinks these morons wanting like 6-8 CD songs are crazy

Either you stop with the insults or you don't post here. Your choice.
Getting tired of the people who suddenly showed up, insulting other fans because they prefer different songs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2016, 01:05:59 PM »

01- Chinese Democracy
(lights out, 3 minutes in the dark, absolute silence)
02- Coma
03- It's So Easy
04- Mr. Brownstone
05- Better
06- Sorry
07- Shackler's Revenge
10- This I Love
11- There Was A Time
12- Double Talkin' Jive
13- Riad N' The Bedouins
14- You Got No Right
15- Been There Lately
16- Blacklight Jesus From Transylvania / Silkworms
17- Welcome To The Jungle
18- Madagascar
19- Estranged
20- Paradise City

Good to know im not the only one who always imagined Axl singing this song! For me its pure old school GNR and could easily fit AFD!!!

I'm with you!!!! 100%!! most people lack fantasy. a lot might also stem from the fact that Axl reportedly refused Snakepit 95 songs and Slash quit the band. from there on Slash couldn't write anymore...

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2016, 01:25:31 PM »

01- Nightrain
02- Chinese Democracy
03- It's So Easy
04- Mr. Brownstone
05- My Michelle
06- Attitude
07- Band Intro
10- Roquet Queen
11- This I Love
12- Live And Let Die
13- Double Talkin' Jive
14- You Could Be Mine
15- Sorry
16- So Fine
17- Civil War
18- Fall To Pieces
19- Knockin' On Heaven's Door
20- Welcome To The Jungle
21- Madagascar
22- Estranged
23- You're Crazy
24- Going Down
25- Patience
26- Yesterdays
27- Paradise City
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:18:56 AM by Slashrose » Logged
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2016, 01:27:36 PM »

If they did a tribute to Scott, I would hope that they would do

Memories of Candles and Incense.

It is a beautiful masterpiece. Even though it isn't a VR / GNR song.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2016, 01:47:49 PM »

Either you stop with the insults or you don't post here. Your choice.
Getting tired of the people who suddenly showed up, insulting other fans because they prefer different songs.

/jarmo

Jarmo it was used in light humor. I don't really think anyone is a moron or anything. Sorry dude.

This is a reunion tour, and a lot of people are wanting a good amount of CD songs. Which makes little sense to me. I didn't intend to insult anyone. Sorry. And I've been a member here for 12 years. Just came out of the woodwork with the great recent news.

But don't damn me
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2016, 02:18:12 PM »

This getting ridiculous....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2016, 03:42:22 PM »

Jarmo it was used in light humor. I don't really think anyone is a moron or anything. Sorry dude.

Allrighty then.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2016, 04:15:26 PM »

This is a reunion tour, and a lot of people are wanting a good amount of CD songs. Which makes little sense to me. I didn't intend to insult anyone. Sorry. And I've been a member here for 12 years. Just came out of the woodwork with the great recent news.

And you are not alone.  Way more people here lately than have been here the past few years.

You just have to read the room.  There a higher contingent of GNR fans than anywhere else that has real fear that people will just try and pretend the past 15 years never happened.  And they are going to push back on that - HARD.

I happen to agree with you, but you just have to watch how your phrase it as to not ruffle feathers. 

Take it from me.  I am basically an expert on coloring within the lines around here.  Ask anyone.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2016, 04:29:07 PM »

And you are not alone.  Way more people here lately than have been here the past few years.

You just have to read the room.  There a higher contingent of GNR fans than anywhere else that has real fear that people will just try and pretend the past 15 years never happened.  And they are going to push back on that - HARD.

I happen to agree with you, but you just have to watch how your phrase it as to not ruffle feathers. 

Take it from me.  I am basically an expert on coloring within the lines around here.  Ask anyone.

I think it is possible that there will be 2 or songs from CD. I w?uldn?t bet on it but I wouldn?t be surprised if that happens. I don?t think people want more from CD. They just hope for it. The reality is that in the last couple of years we only have very few songs. And that was the new band performing. Now that there is some kind of reunion is even less likely.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2016, 04:40:32 PM »

I think it is possible that there will be 2 or songs from CD. I w?uldn?t bet on it but I wouldn?t be surprised if that happens. I don?t think people want more from CD. They just hope for it. The reality is that in the last couple of years we only have very few songs. And that was the new band performing. Now that there is some kind of reunion is even less likely.

I see 2 problems.

I think people that truly invested in the new band will be disappointed.

But I think that disappointment turns to anger when they see people outright cheering their exclusion.

I don't think it happens, I don't think its needed...but I'm not outright opposed.  And I'm sure not going to dance on graves if it, in fact, does not come to be.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2016, 05:13:12 PM »

I see 2 problems.

I think people that truly invested in the new band will be disappointed.

But I think that disappointment turns to anger when they see people outright cheering their exclusion.

I don't think it happens, I don't think its needed...but I'm not outright opposed.  And I'm sure not going to dance on graves if it, in fact, does not come to be.

It will depend on the line up. If we see Richard, Frank and Pitman then chances are they will play a couple of CD songs. If on the other hand we see Izzy, Sorum or Adler then most likely they won?t.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2016, 05:16:07 PM »

Coachella is a festival. I wouldn't expect a lot of "deep cuts".

I don't even know how long the sets are supposed to be. They cut the power in the past when artists were playing too long.

Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, This I Love, Attitude, Raw Power, Estranged, Sweet Child Of Mine, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Civil War, Street Of Dreams, Nightrain, Yesterdays, Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Encore: My Michelle, Don't Cry, Patience, Paradise City

/jarmo

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2016, 06:19:59 PM »

I would be disappointed if I went to this show and they played anything under 22 songs or something.

They have to go 8 deep on AFD, and AT LEAST 8 on UYI. I do want to hear 2-4 CD songs, and maybe 1 or 2 covers.

They should stay off TSI unless its Down on a Farm or Ain't It Fun

But don't damn me
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2016, 01:21:00 PM »

i know last year acdc did 20 songs
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »

History says they get about 2 to 2.5 hours for their set at Coachella (AC/DC was scheduled for 2.5 last year, drake was about 2 hours and 45 min).  Coachella won't let them go very long past 12:45 AM...too expensive to blow the hard line 1 AM curfew by that much. 20k for the first 5 min past...then a grand a minute after that.

http://www.ocweekly.com/music/coachella-curfew-pushed-back-an-hour-small-comfort-for-robert-smith-6597328

Figure that's going to be right around 20 songs.

Once they're on their own tour, that'll probably change, and the setlist will expand a bit.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: