Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Wonder if Slash finally realizes......
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wonder if Slash finally realizes......  (Read 16819 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: January 19, 2016, 03:52:52 PM »

What Axl had to deal with all those years of he being strung out and drunk? Same
as Duff..... Slash playing with Scott *RIP * AND hearing Slash speak about how difficult it was working with him, surely has made a light bulb go off in his head and made him realize that Axl had to deal with the EXACT SAME thing for years dealing with and working with them.

You'd think any way
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:54:51 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lotgrinder
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 03:55:42 PM »

I just wish I could have blew a few lines with them all.  peace

Lotgrinder
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 04:01:19 PM »

yeah, it is really weird to think about how awesome it would have been to snort a fat line of blow with the band then watch them perform at the ritz in the late 80's hoss.

yeah, real weird.

do you think wanting to have sex with your girlfriend is weird to..Huh

Lotgrinder
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 04:01:56 PM »

well, at least the guy who tried to call me weird for wanting to blow some rails with the original five deleted his post.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 12:25:14 PM »

What Axl had to deal with all those years of he being strung out and drunk? Same
as Duff..... Slash playing with Scott *RIP * AND hearing Slash speak about how difficult it was working with him, surely has made a light bulb go off in his head and made him realize that Axl had to deal with the EXACT SAME thing for years dealing with and working with them.

You'd think any way

D I love ya man. You're my TN guy... and ya never message me anymore... but!

I don't think Slash regrets anything. It is pretty clear that from the 1989 Rolling Stones gigs when he called out Slash and the band that things turned for the worse. I know the band was pretty screwed up aside from Izzy, who got clean soon after, but Slash and Duff had to deal with a lot of crap from Axl too.

I just don't see him regretting much honestly. I think Axl's personality and controlling demeanor added to some of the substance abuse.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 03:14:46 PM »

I don't think Slash regrets anything. It is pretty clear that from the 1989 Rolling Stones gigs when he called out Slash and the band that things turned for the worse. I know the band was pretty screwed up aside from Izzy, who got clean soon after, but Slash and Duff had to deal with a lot of crap from Axl too.

I just don't see him regretting much honestly. I think Axl's personality and controlling demeanor added to some of the substance abuse.

I concur.  Not to condone Slash's rampant drug/alcohol abuse, but the GNR atmosphere at that time -- including the obviously psychological effects of constantly dealing with Axl's behavior -- wasn't exactly conducive towards getting clean either.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 09:24:11 AM »

I'm sure Slash and company had to deal with a lot of things from Axl, as well.  I think maybe they just all grew up, changed, and managed to put the past behind them with the realization that what they had together was pretty special.  Let's hope they can move forward successfully!   
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 05:42:35 PM »

I think everyone here is making sense.

Things got bad and fucked up in several different directions at the end of that UYI tour.  Time apart was inevitable.

But then, after awhile you just think, "what...am I just going to be mad for the rest of my life?"

Now, I thought Axl would be.  It's awesome that they worked it out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 05:49:54 PM »

I think everyone here is making sense.

Things got bad and fucked up in several different directions at the end of that UYI tour.  Time apart was inevitable.

But then, after awhile you just think, "what...am I just going to be mad for the rest of my life?"

Now, I thought Axl would be.  It's awesome that they worked it out.

FYI:  You could have just *clicked* the Modify button to correct 'made' to 'mad' so you didn't have to type the entire thing over again.  Smiley

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 05:56:37 PM »

Not a fan of that "edited by" deal.

Could just be a corrected spelling mistake.   Could be you said something and are now backtracking and manipulating the situation.  The reader never knows.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 06:07:16 PM »

oh okay.  just trying to help.

On topic:  Don't think Slash is thinking that at all.  They were all in a similar boat at the time.  Steven took it to the extreme even by everyone else's (low) standards so he got fired by everyone.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 07:37:36 PM »

You'd think any way

D I love ya man. You're my TN guy... and ya never message me anymore... but!

"I just don't see him regretting much honestly. I think Axl's personality and controlling demeanor added to some of the substance abuse."

Calling BS on this statement, you can't justify junkie behavior or using by demonizing someone's supposed behavior.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 01:28:18 PM »

I remember an old interview with Beta,where she mentioned that Axl could not trust Slash,he wasn't reliable being high all the time.
That changed of course over the years,sobriety kicked in, Weiland's issues factored in and here we are !  beer

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 02:09:43 PM »

"I just don't see him regretting much honestly. I think Axl's personality and controlling demeanor added to some of the substance abuse."

Calling BS on this statement, you can't justify junkie behavior or using by demonizing someone's supposed behavior.

"supposed"?

You talk like its some urban legend.

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 05:03:05 PM »

Yeah... he clearly had some serious issues. The Chicago trip/botched thing was one of the many examples...

Hey lets all go to Chicago.. since its close to Lafayette... and we'll record and make some head way...

4 weeks later..

ya coming?

lmao

get a grip Emily... stop trolling things I say

But don't damn me
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 01:24:07 PM »

Yeah... he clearly had some serious issues. The Chicago trip/botched thing was one of the many examples...

Hey lets all go to Chicago.. since its close to Lafayette... and we'll record and make some head way...

4 weeks later..

ya coming?

lmao

get a grip Emily... stop trolling things I say

I can assure you, I'm not the one trolling- nor continually taking things to a personal insult level- which isn't needed to debate/discuss.

Unless you were actually there or privvy to some of the details your little imaginary scenario and dialogue is just that- fantasy and fan fiction.

Not surprised.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 07:15:44 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 01:26:22 PM »

"supposed"?

You talk like its some urban legend.

So - say- if someone exhibits a certain behavior, that justifies a junkie to go imbibe in a substance ? Right-

This is called enabling an addiction, I don't buy into that.

If you have ever actually been around an addict or tried to work with someone addicted/high all the time you could appreciate how difficult it actually is-  the addiction leads to other behaviors as well, such as lying and making excuses to get high/drunk/stoned etc.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 01:30:18 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 01:51:50 PM »

So - say- if someone exhibits a certain behavior, that justifies a junkie to go imbibe in a substance ? Right-

If you have ever actually been around an addict or tried to work with someone addicted/high all the time you could appreciate how difficult it actually is-  the addiction leads to other behaviors as well, such as lying and making excuses to get high/drunk/stoned etc.

All of which I agree with 100%.  A junkie needs no excuse or reason to get high.

But, unless I am mistaken, you seemed to also take issue with the concept that Axl is extremely tough to deal with and can be very controlling.  I would hope very much you weren't going to try and argue that has not been the case, because that is not a serious position.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 03:36:13 PM »

All of which I agree with 100%.  A junkie needs no excuse or reason to get high.

But, unless I am mistaken, you seemed to also take issue with the concept that Axl is extremely tough to deal with and can be very controlling.  I would hope very much you weren't going to try and argue that has not been the case, because that is not a serious position.

I was merely stating that regardless of what behavior/attitude was supposedly exhibited or displayed it is no reason or justification to use that as an excuse to get high/drink/use.

An addict can always find or invent a reason to maintain his addiction.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 11:19:29 PM »

I was merely stating that regardless of what behavior/attitude was supposedly exhibited or displayed it is no reason or justification to use that as an excuse to get high/drink/use.

An addict can always find or invent a reason to maintain his addiction.

Very much agreed.

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 12:26:28 PM »

Slash clearly was a addict. No one is saying he wasn't.

Axl's behavior during the 1990 onward time frame definitely didn't help him though. It probably caused him to use more and drink more. You can't say that his consumption is 100% his fault.

Him doing drugs is obviously but the enviroment in which he was in and the frustration and struggles is not. Reading books and different accounts and history tells us for sure... that Axl made things difficult. That was kinda what was so cool about old gn'r all of the crazy stuff.

No one is perfect and I'll always believe the drama in Gn'R was more Axl than anyone else, but Slash wasn't in a situation where stopping would of been "easy" or anything.

But don't damn me
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 12:30:15 PM »

I think all of that is fair.

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 12:40:54 PM »

I almost feel like I need cookies and milk because you agreed with me.

Just kidding. The history of Gn'R is incredibly interesting though.

But don't damn me
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 01:02:07 PM »

Axl's behavior during the 1990 onward time frame definitely didn't help him though. It probably caused him to use more and drink more. You can't say that his consumption is 100% his fault.

Pretty simplistic view of things I think.

For example. 2001, alcohol poisoning and cancellation of tour dates. That was after GN'R.

Glad he's doing better nowadays.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 01:57:25 PM »

Pretty simplistic view of things I think.

For example. 2001, alcohol poisoning and cancellation of tour dates. That was after GN'R.

Glad he's doing better nowadays.  ok

/jarmo

Isn't the heart device needed because of excessive alcohol abuse?

Also glad he is doing better  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 02:57:32 PM »

Didn't Axl go on stage in 1989 and call out the band members at those Rolling Stones gigs?

I mean Axl has had his fair share of fuck ups.. and a lot more than Slash for sure. He never really abused substances no... but he had other mental issues.

Slash yeah he got crazy way after Gn'R broke up so there's not really an excuse for that. The road to get their wasn't completely his fault in the enviroment that he's in with Guns. Yeah it was years past all of that, and anything he did after 1996 to himself is clearly his fault, but it isn't like all the late shows and the forced contract name rights and all of that didn't help anything.

That heart defillibrator or whatever it is called was due to years of excess use of alchohol. Not just him binging for 2-3 years after he left Axl and Guns. Lets not kid outselves. I love Axl and Slash man. I just recognize what actually happened from multiple sources and common sense.

What about Axl not showing up to multiple recording sessions in 1995 and 1996?

I think Jerry Heller and the "Ain't Life Grand" stuff really got to him too.

At the end of the day... no matter what people think or what they say...

Slash albums released....

1995, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014

Axl/Guns N' Roses albums release

That's it people. It is very clear that Axl was very difficult in those end years of Gn'R and contributed to great frustration of other band members. Why was no one else around after 1997? That explains it pretty well.

But don't damn me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 02:58:10 PM »

I'm also glad he's doing better and has released more than 1 album in 20 years

ok

But don't damn me
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2016, 07:55:45 PM »

Didn't Axl go on stage in 1989 and call out the band members at those Rolling Stones gigs?

I mean Axl has had his fair share of fuck ups.. and a lot more than Slash for sure. He never really abused substances no... but he had other mental issues.

Slash yeah he got crazy way after Gn'R broke up so there's not really an excuse for that. The road to get their wasn't completely his fault in the enviroment that he's in with Guns. Yeah it was years past all of that, and anything he did after 1996 to himself is clearly his fault, but it isn't like all the late shows and the forced contract name rights and all of that didn't help anything.

That heart defillibrator or whatever it is called was due to years of excess use of alchohol. Not just him binging for 2-3 years after he left Axl and Guns. Lets not kid outselves. I love Axl and Slash man. I just recognize what actually happened from multiple sources and common sense.

That's it people. It is very clear that Axl was very difficult in those end years of Gn'R and contributed to great frustration of other band members. Why was no one else around after 1997? That explains it pretty well.

No.  no

The implosion was due to several contributing factors and circumstances surrounding the band both internal and external-  no one person was to blame.

Nobody "causes" an addict to use/abuse-  that is their choice.

Also, you are leaving out the CD/DVD/Blu-ray live recording Appetite For Democracy- which sold very well.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2016, 07:57:48 PM »

I'm also glad he's doing better and has released more than 1 album in 20 years

ok

Somebody described that sentence as a troll battle cry- I agree.  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 11:15:34 AM »

No.  no

The implosion was due to several contributing factors and circumstances surrounding the band both internal and external-  no one person was to blame.

Also, you are leaving out the CD/DVD/Blu-ray live recording Appetite For Democracy- which sold very well.

Nah... cause I didn't included Slash's Roxy album, his LIve is Stone and his live in manchester one.

That would of really really made it even MORE embarassing for you and your illogical cry child ways lol.

But don't damn me
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2016, 03:20:57 PM »

No.  no

Nah... cause I didn't included Slash's Roxy album, his LIve is Stone and his live in manchester one.

That would of really really made it even MORE embarassing for you and your illogical cry child ways lol.

Here's a little hint- personal insults don't strengthen your arguments and aren't really allowed here.

I'm not "embarrassed" about a single thing regarding GNR and I don't regret a single show I attended, looking forward to April and seeing some shows.

GNR have been infinitely more successful than the people that exist to find fault with them on message boards. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2016, 04:00:32 PM »

Bickering and being difficult with "no stance" arguments from you really isn't allowed either is it?

Or it shouldn't be at least. You just complain and argue for no reason. I'll post something with facts lined to it and give my opinion based on those facts and you'll act like I'm crazy or making it up lol.

You're truly a character.

And like I said. Live recordings don't count, and it would of made your Pro NU GN'R stance look even worse.

We all love the same band(s) man. Why are you so annoying. I'm going to just skip your posts an tune you out from now on.

But don't damn me
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »

To be fair.
You post some facts and ignore others.

Things aren't always that simple.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2016, 04:39:51 PM »

I try to be level headed about things jarmo.

the fun thing that is so great is the gnr history

its complicated... controversial and deep. I try to keep facts out in front. Objectivity is key when stating what you think sometimes.

But don't damn me
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: