Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:50:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Donald Trump: Axl Rose - Donald Trump of rock and roll
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump: Axl Rose - Donald Trump of rock and roll  (Read 8564 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« on: January 21, 2016, 06:26:14 AM »

http://www.alternativenation.net/donald-trump-axl-rose-donald-trump-of-rock-and-roll/    confused

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Princess Leia
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 07:27:07 AM »

Oh that... Yeah kinda old news now. The interview got posted at Mygnr like a week or so ago.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 08:59:45 AM »

What was interesting in terms of getting an overview of the time line of the reunion was the comment Doug made about when he last spoke to Axl.

He said that Axl reached out to him after the Mitch Lafon interview (he said last April, not sure if that's accurate, haven't checked) and asked him not to do more interviews because he was in the process of repairing past relationships.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Princess Leia
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 09:34:08 AM »

What was interesting in terms of getting an overview of the time line of the reunion was the comment Doug made about when he last spoke to Axl.

He said that Axl reached out to him after the Mitch Lafon interview (he said last April, not sure if that's accurate, haven't checked) and asked him not to do more interviews because he was in the process of repairing past relationships.

That?s correct, both the interview and the Axl call took place in April last year. So we know that by April Axl and Slash were working on repairing their relationship. What we don?t know yet is when the whole process started
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 02:41:36 PM »

I thought that Doug got fired in 2002 in Belgium.

Here he says that he left GNR in 2004.

Does anyone know what happened?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 02:45:37 PM »

I thought that Doug got fired in 2002 in Belgium.

Here he says that he left GNR in 2004.

Does anyone know what happened?

I think there was a rivalry between Doug and Merck.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 03:51:36 PM »

Yeah, Merck pushed Doug out was the story as I always heard it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 04:12:33 PM »

I think he made a great job managing GNR for some 15 years. Id imagine he played a big part on GNR being super huge in the Illusions era.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 04:54:22 PM »

I think he made a great job managing GNR for some 15 years. Id imagine he played a big part on GNR being super huge in the Illusions era.

Pretty amazing for a guy that got a battlefield promotion right before the tour.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 05:18:33 PM »

Not at all, if you haven?t read the Slash and Duff books I suggest you read them. There were many things that Goldstein didn?t handle the right way.

Even in that interview posted here, he said Axl was late at the shows because he needed 4 hours to get ready. Ok, fine, if you are the manager make sure the guy doesn?t wait until the last minute to get ready for show.

After the 2001 RIR show, Goldstein organized an European tour that got cancelled because he did it behind Axl?s back. Axl himself said he found out he had a tour on the internet.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 07:20:14 PM »

Not at all, if you haven?t read the Slash and Duff books I suggest you read them. There were many things that Goldstein didn?t handle the right way.

Even in that interview posted here, he said Axl was late at the shows because he needed 4 hours to get ready. Ok, fine, if you are the manager make sure the guy doesn?t wait until the last minute to get ready for show.

After the 2001 RIR show, Goldstein organized an European tour that got cancelled because he did it behind Axl?s back. Axl himself said he found out he had a tour on the internet.
I have read them.

I think that even if you have the greatest band ever, you cant get to the top, (popularity wise) with a shitty manager.

that show lateness part is exactly where i think he made a good job. He was protecting the bands vision by not forcing Axl to perform a medicore show, sometimes thats not what is financially the best thing to do. but it might be the best thing for the band.

After all his job was to help the band, not to change it.

That 2001 tour was a mess, i agree. Who knows what really went down...

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Princess Leia
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 06:37:19 AM »

I have read them.

I think that even if you have the greatest band ever, you cant get to the top, (popularity wise) with a shitty manager.

that show lateness part is exactly where i think he made a good job. He was protecting the bands vision by not forcing Axl to perform a medicore show, sometimes thats not what is financially the best thing to do. but it might be the best thing for the band.

After all his job was to help the band, not to change it.

That 2001 tour was a mess, i agree. Who knows what really went down...

The one person who always helped them the most was Tom Zutaut.

It?s not about forcing Axl to perform anything. It?s about common sense. If the show starts at 9 p.m. then Axl need to beging to get ready around 5 or 6 p.m. So by 9 or 9:30 he is ready. The manager needs to work the issue with the person in question. Goldstein allowed many things to get out of control. What change? They didn?t have lateness problems during the AFD tour. There was only one time there was an issue and it was when they opened for Alice Cooper.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 12:22:08 PM »

I wouldn't say that... I mean he did do an alright job considering the UYI druge craziness... but he catered to Axl way way too much.

Axl says... they jump, and Dougie was first.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: