Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:45:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227810 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 477326 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 09:29:57 AM »

The second leg of the European tour in 2010 started at reading in August and went on until October.

I'm not convinced "Reading" is a good idea after 2010 BUT GN'R & Chilli Peppers is a pretty great line up.

Their track record improved greatly from 2010 to 2014 in terms of lateness.

It's a reputation that's stuck with Axl unfortunately.

Personally, I think Reading/Leeds won't turn them down now if there's interest.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 09:31:28 AM »

If the European summer festival dates are true then I guess the USA tour is not going to be over the "Summer".

If Billboard is right I reckon USA tour then hit Europe around August for Reading/Leeds. I really hope they hit arenas for multiple nights rather then stadiums!

The Wembley show was muted for 2017 as was headlining Download. My hunch is the classic  5 will do Appetite in its entirety on some big venues in 2017.

That last part is a possibility. Cover-to-cover shows are all the rage these days, and it would get all the casual fans and original line-up diehards in the door. That's key to big venues. Plus all those songs are very doable live, they play most of the album in their live set anyway. Looking at setlist.fm Anything Goes is the least played song from the album, but it was still played live 40+ times.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 09:35:26 AM »

I can see Download getting an "appetite" show. They negotiated for Metallica to do the black album in its entirety.

Who knows. I just hope they are going to announce a bulk of dates soon.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 09:35:56 AM »

If they did these gigs stateside in the spring, and then some festival/stadium things in Europe...if things went well, it could allay any fears anyone might have.

Then, you could do a fall winter arena tour here in the U.S. and make a fortune playing 2 nights in most cities.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 09:41:07 AM »

If they did these gigs stateside in the spring, and then some festival/stadium things in Europe...if things went well, it could allay any fears anyone might have.

Then, you could do a fall winter arena tour here in the U.S. and make a fortune playing 2 nights in most cities.

Billboard have been spot on so far. Did they not think the tour was being planned for the US in the summer?

If they've designed a stage for Las Vegas you'd think the plan would be to use it.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 09:44:36 AM »

Billboard have been spot on so far. Did they not think the tour was being planned for the US in the summer?

If they've designed a stage for Las Vegas you'd think the plan would be to use it.

An arena stage in Las Vegas won't work in stadiums.  Be too small.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 09:46:42 AM »

Yeah Billboard has gotten it all right so far... So I expect them to tour the US this summer...

Plus... the US is where having Slash and Duff in really sells extra tickets at a much higher price... Axl can tour SA and Europe without them and sell plenty of tickets.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 09:50:09 AM »

I expect the ticket prices to be higher in Europe as well.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 09:57:20 AM »

Just pitching a scenario.

If they go straight on tour after Coachella, they could be doing North America in late April till middle/late June.

Then a month off and start Europe in middle/late July.

It's possible.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 10:00:02 AM »

Just pitching a scenario.

If they go straight on tour after Coachella, they could be doing North America in late April till middle/late June.

Then a month off and start Europe in middle/late July.

It's possible.

That would be cool... Hopefully all parts of the world get to see this.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 10:22:15 AM »

An arena stage in Las Vegas won't work in stadiums.  Be too small.

They could have multiple stage configs. Some bands will have add-on pieces for larger venues and can shrink it down for smaller ones. If I recall, Guns in the past has also toured with two stages in tow (they were doing that in South America at one point I believe).
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 10:24:37 AM »

I think it is realistic that they are doing a arena/stadium combo on tour.

Billboard saying "25 stadiums" might have been just a rough estimate and could also include some arenas.

Sweetness is a virtue
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 10:47:52 AM »

They could have multiple stage configs. Some bands will have add-on pieces for larger venues and can shrink it down for smaller ones. If I recall, Guns in the past has also toured with two stages in tow (they were doing that in South America at one point I believe).

They've also adapted the stage in some cases - for instance in Moncton in 2010 the arena ceiling was incredibly low.. made things interesting!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 10:50:46 AM »

They've also adapted the stage in some cases - for instance in Moncton in 2010 the arena ceiling was incredibly low.. made things interesting!

Is that something they found out once they got there, or is the layout of the venue given in great detail ahead of time?

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2016, 11:18:55 AM »

Is that something they found out once they got there, or is the layout of the venue given in great detail ahead of time?

I would say the tours know in advance how big the venue is.
Some venues even have blueprints on their websites.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2016, 11:30:32 AM »

Plus... the US is where having Slash and Duff in really sells extra tickets at a much higher price... Axl can tour SA and Europe without them and sell plenty of tickets.

I think Slash/Duff have a huge effect in SA and Europe as well, I just think the scale is different.  In the US, a GNR concert goes from a good draw to an enormous event.  In SA and Europe, especially SA, it goes from enormous event to pure hysteria. 
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2016, 11:37:41 AM »

Everybody had to duck? Wink
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2016, 01:47:51 PM »

If it's to be the Isle of Wight it will be the Saturday 11th, Steriophonics and Faithless are co headlining the Friday, and Queen are closing the festival on the Sunday, would be totally surprised if they open the festival on the Thursday, at traditionally its a B lister that does that slot, last year Billy Idol, the year before that Joan Jett... Done to keep the campers happy.
FootSoldier
Headliner

Crawls Through Your Veins Like Millions of Spiders

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 04:22:04 PM »

I imagine that if GNR does tour from here that some Australia & Japan dates would not be too far behind. They seem to always hit those two pretty early.

---GNR---
Melbourne, Australia - 15 & 16 June  2007
Adelaide, Australia - 07 December  2010
Las Vegas, USA -  09 & 10 November  2012
Melbourne, Australia - 16 & 17 March 2013
T-Bone
Opening Act

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2016, 04:34:49 PM »

Whatever the config, hopefully they ditch the out-of-sync pyros.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: