Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:40:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 477777 times)
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #2240 on: May 25, 2017, 10:29:25 AM »

I thought that with the return of Slash and Duff maybe we would have something new being released by the band. But I was wrong one more time.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2241 on: May 25, 2017, 10:34:32 AM »

Anybody have any luck getting GA pit tickets for any shows?

I'm trying to get one GA ticket for the MSG show on the 11th.

I have had no luck, its not even showing any floor tickets at all.

For Boston...but I wanted seats. Smiley

Ended up 3rd row, by the stage, first level (not floor). Woot!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2242 on: May 25, 2017, 10:40:04 AM »

Looks like openers for the first US leg are listed as well. Bands like ZZ Top, Royal Blood, Live and Sturgill Simpson, etc.

Whos opening in Toronto?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #2243 on: May 25, 2017, 11:30:29 AM »

Anybody have any luck getting GA pit tickets for any shows?

I'm trying to get one GA ticket for the MSG show on the 11th.

I have had no luck, its not even showing any floor tickets at all.

Negative.  Don't know of anyone who has gotten GA tix for MSG yet.  I'm trying too.  Anyone had luck? 
bensonr2
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2244 on: May 25, 2017, 11:45:01 AM »

Very disappointing. I feel like for MSG they were not available at all. On the presale for the other venues there was a specific option to search for GA. For the two MSG shows the only option was for "floor".

I'll check a few more times today but its GA or bust. I already got pit tickets for the Giants stadium show so its hard to not be at the front. I have been in the front row for every show I have had tickets for since they did the surprise hammerstein show way back.
Jacksonsbro
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2245 on: May 25, 2017, 11:46:21 AM »

Did ANYONE get GA for MSG??? I got nice seats in B but not what I was looking for....... crying
bensonr2
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2246 on: May 25, 2017, 12:09:43 PM »

I would tell everyone who wants pit tickets to be patient. Once the tickets start to flood stubhub I wouldn't be surprised if GA tickets are available for at or even slightly below face value by the end of the summer.

Although I'm sure there is still demand and this will ultimately be a sell out I imagine this won't have as much interest as the stadium tour especially at the high face values for the tickets.

I couldn't get a GA ticket for the Giants Stadium show and wound up getting one on Stub Hub for only a bit more then face value with all the fees. Now that ticket turned out to be fraud at the last minute but as long as you stick to your guns Stub Hub will make good on your purchase no matter what.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2247 on: May 25, 2017, 12:27:44 PM »

I've struck out the last couple hours tying to get pit at the Garden, anyone else have any luck?  Is it possible they didn't release them yet in this presale?   It's not listed in the drop down menu.  Been trying both nights.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2248 on: May 25, 2017, 12:30:37 PM »

I would tell everyone who wants pit tickets to be patient. Once the tickets start to flood stubhub I wouldn't be surprised if GA tickets are available for at or even slightly below face value by the end of the summer.

Although I'm sure there is still demand and this will ultimately be a sell out I imagine this won't have as much interest as the stadium tour especially at the high face values for the tickets.

I couldn't get a GA ticket for the Giants Stadium show and wound up getting one on Stub Hub for only a bit more then face value with all the fees. Now that ticket turned out to be fraud at the last minute but as long as you stick to your guns Stub Hub will make good on your purchase no matter what.

I didn't think the prices were THAT bad, especially in comparison to other "hot" touring acts, though $250 on the top line always makes my 19 year old past self cringe...when I used to get seats like that for free, or for $100 or so.

But Katy Perry (yes, I know) is charging 300+ for similar seats, in similar venues.  And her "top/back of the house" tickets are going for close to $150 a pop.  Other big acts are charging prices MUCH closer to her, than to GnR.

Concert ticket prices have skyrocketed. Sad

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2249 on: May 25, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »

I've struck out the last couple hours tying to get pit at the Garden, anyone else have any luck?  Is it possible they didn't release them yet in this presale?   It's not listed in the drop down menu.  Been trying both nights.

Given reports, I'd say definitely possible they didn't release them!

Together again,
bensonr2
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2250 on: May 25, 2017, 12:40:50 PM »

I didn't think the prices were THAT bad, especially in comparison to other "hot" touring acts, though $250 on the top line always makes my 19 year old past self cringe...when I used to get seats like that for free, or for $100 or so.

But Katy Perry (yes, I know) is charging 300+ for similar seats, in similar venues.  And her "top/back of the house" tickets are going for close to $150 a pop.  Other big acts are charging prices MUCH closer to her, than to GnR.

Concert ticket prices have skyrocketed. Sad

I think their prices are on the high side. It's hard to do a comparison with a pop act. You have to account for whether she is doing as many shows and also its a completely different market.

The best comparison is probably Metallica's current tour. Their prices were about 30-50 bucks less for comparable seats and when I looked on ticket resellers it seemed they were only going for about face value to slightly below. I think that tells you where the market is. To be fair though their equivalent to GA is truly only available to fans via lottery which is maybe what GNR should consider doing.

NYC area is a tough market for all but the biggest hard rock bands these days. I saw Megadeth last fall in the front row for free (I had stub hub credit cause of their debacle with my GNR ticket).

Now I know Megadeth is nowhere near the same hot ticket as GNR semi reunion. But it shows you they needed the semi reunion to reach this level of interest in certain markets like NYC.
Jacksonsbro
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2251 on: May 25, 2017, 01:00:37 PM »

How do we find out when those are released? How do we not have a mole inside Ticketmaster yet??

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2252 on: May 25, 2017, 01:01:49 PM »

How do we find out when those are released? How do we not have a mole inside Ticketmaster yet??

I would ASSUME (and you know what they say about assuming) they will go on sale with the public onsale.  It's POSSIBLE they go out before then, but I have no idea how we would know that, without a heads up from "someone".

Together again,
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #2253 on: May 25, 2017, 01:15:01 PM »

It is physically impossible to go from Houston to Tulsa without going through Dallas. So why no show in Dallas? Maybe the venue (AA Center) is already booked? It can be the only explanation unless Jerry did something to piss Axl off and now we are boycotted ( rofl )

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2254 on: May 25, 2017, 01:25:07 PM »

I would ASSUME (and you know what they say about assuming) they will go on sale with the public onsale.  It's POSSIBLE they go out before then, but I have no idea how we would know that, without a heads up from "someone".

Yeah that's what it is looking like.  I do think it's a little odd considering you would think the pit tickets would go to fan club members first.  You would think they would want fan club members down in the pit, stoked out of their minds but it could also just be Ticketmaster being whacky as usual and they will just appear at some point between now and the onsale. Considering the pit option is still not in the drop down menu that's what I'm going with.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #2255 on: May 25, 2017, 02:05:23 PM »

I just took 2 for MSG sec 106
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #2256 on: May 25, 2017, 02:35:31 PM »

I don't know how more dates is considered huge news.   Awesome none the less .   Hopefully  we get a new a new set list, Slither instead of The Seeker
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:44:03 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2257 on: May 25, 2017, 03:24:08 PM »

Yeah that's what it is looking like.  I do think it's a little odd considering you would think the pit tickets would go to fan club members first.  You would think they would want fan club members down in the pit, stoked out of their minds but it could also just be Ticketmaster being whacky as usual and they will just appear at some point between now and the onsale. Considering the pit option is still not in the drop down menu that's what I'm going with.

IDK what happened with other venues. I know Boston popped 2 GA pit tickets for me when I first searched. I had to change the parameters since I wanted seats (too old for the pit, man).

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2258 on: May 25, 2017, 03:26:36 PM »

I don't know how more dates is considered huge news.   Awesome none the less .   Hopefully  we get a new a new set list, Slither instead of The Seeker

I expect that it's the same show.  Each little break has not lead to any real deviation.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2259 on: May 25, 2017, 03:29:10 PM »

It is physically impossible to go from Houston to Tulsa without going through Dallas. So why no show in Dallas? Maybe the venue (AA Center) is already booked? It can be the only explanation unless Jerry did something to piss Axl off and now we are boycotted ( rofl )
I think being unable to get an open date that week is the most likely scenario. We're a month into the NHL and NBA season at that point and who knows what other stuff is already booked there that week.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: