Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 472267 times)
mpkline07
Opening Act

« Reply #2340 on: August 01, 2017, 08:42:28 AM »

Do you think they'll burn out? With a world tour that has about 130 dates played or scheduled, 86 down, 44 To go yet. So basically 1/3rd of this 20 month tour is gonna occur in the next 4 months....will that strain Axls voice? Will it put pressure on they're relationship?

I was at Minneapolis show on Sunday....the band was on fire, the set was amazing, and Axl looked so happy, playful with the audience and his band mates....I hope the rest of the country gets to see what I saw...the last great TRUE RnR band!!!

If this is it....well they're bringing it!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:45:14 AM by mpkline07 » Logged
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2341 on: August 01, 2017, 09:03:02 AM »

Burn out is always a danger with these extensive tours. But that's the way GN'R do things... it might take them a while to get out on the road, but when they are out there, they're committed for a long run. We just gotta make sure we enjoy whatever's happening while it's happening, because anything can happen tomorrow.

Seen them three times this year, and I gotta say, I don't think I've seen anyone on that stage look as happy to be there as I had on those three occasions, so if burn out does happen, they're not showing any signs of it so far.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2342 on: August 01, 2017, 11:55:03 AM »

Isn't the Boston show a conflict with a Patriots game?

Or am I thinking of last year?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2343 on: August 01, 2017, 01:30:36 PM »

Yes. vs the Falcons, of all teams. And it's the Sunday Night game.  Smiley

BUT, Foxboro is nowhere near, really, Boston.  You're not going to have traffic issues.

Will there be draw issues? I don't know.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2344 on: August 01, 2017, 08:16:52 PM »

BUT, Foxboro is nowhere near, really, Boston.  You're not going to have traffic issues.

There would be draw issues if Eli Manning was in the building since Pat fans know what would happen. Ha hihi I couldn't pass up on this comment.  Grin
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #2345 on: August 01, 2017, 09:26:22 PM »

The good thing is they moved up the start time of the Boston Show and the Pats game is a nationally televised game with a metric shit ton of commercials so I'm expecting to walk out of the concert and catch the end of the game.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2346 on: August 02, 2017, 10:13:14 AM »

I would think you'd be competing for eyeballs vs a SB rematch.

Thing is, these tickets were long sold, right?  And sold at the later time.  So you had to already make your peace with missing the game if you bought.

I mean, it works out good for the local fans who should still see the second half of the game now.  But that seems more like a lucky turn of events than any planning on GNR's part.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2347 on: August 02, 2017, 10:26:23 AM »

Who else is going to the Denver show?

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2348 on: August 02, 2017, 11:37:35 AM »

I would think you'd be competing for eyeballs vs a SB rematch.

Thing is, these tickets were long sold, right?  And sold at the later time.  So you had to already make your peace with missing the game if you bought.

I mean, it works out good for the local fans who should still see the second half of the game now.  But that seems more like a lucky turn of events than any planning on GNR's part.

Also true of the tickets to the Pats game, so it's not a "live vs live" competition, where you're choosing which live event to attend.

And they're not BOTH on TV, competing for ratings.

IDK, for me, a live show vs a game on TV? Live show wins every day of the week and twice on Sunday (literally, I guess, in this case). And that includes the Giants, Yankees (even a playoff game), etc, for me. If I had a choice to ATTEND, in person, both those events..it's a tougher call. But......not really an option, here.  I can DVR any game on TV, and watch at my leisure. Not true of the live show....

I'm just not sure there's that much "competition", here.   Some, yes. Enough to effect ticket sales, given the size of the venue? Likely not. Its not the first show, nor the last, that's happened during a Pats game.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:39:51 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2349 on: August 02, 2017, 02:46:18 PM »

Really all comes down to how much you love that particular sport.

I am a diehard NFL fan.  But my show in October falls on a Sunday.  I will have to forgo watching half of the games that week.  Don't love it, but GNR means more to me.

Conversely, I'm an even bigger diehard tennis fan.  If that same GNR concert was a month earlier, the same day as the US Open Men's Final...sorry, Axl.  Catch you on the flip-flop.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2350 on: August 02, 2017, 04:44:11 PM »

Really all comes down to how much you love that particular sport.

I am a diehard NFL fan.  But my show in October falls on a Sunday.  I will have to forgo watching half of the games that week.  Don't love it, but GNR means more to me.

Conversely, I'm an even bigger diehard tennis fan.  If that same GNR concert was a month earlier, the same day as the US Open Men's Final...sorry, Axl.  Catch you on the flip-flop.

I am considering a trip to Phili for that show... I think the Eagles play the Cardinals that day... so the area will be insane... what's the name of that big bar in the parking lot? I think it'll be a fun time to hang there during the day to watch the games and then hop in to the arena for the GNR show.

Just trying to convince somebody to go with me.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #2351 on: August 02, 2017, 05:04:11 PM »

I used to watch the NFL a lot but since they play in the early hours (in some parts of the planet at least) I'm getting too old for that. And watching recorded sports even without knowing the scores. No. Just no.

But tell me the starting times? How do you enjoy the full show and still get a glimpse of the football (NOT soccer).

Surely, you have a few time zones but still, what is happening and what are we even discussing here.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2352 on: August 02, 2017, 05:20:58 PM »

Leave the Falcons alone! Julio lost a 150,000 dollar earring the other day. 2 tough losses for the best receiver in football!  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2353 on: August 04, 2017, 02:13:14 PM »

Should anyone have a pit ticket for LA November 29th going spare- I'm after one!

Seems being in the fanclub and accessing five presales isn't enough to get one- plenty in the touts hands though. What a system! Anyway, if anyone by some miracle, did get one and has a spare, please let me know. Was going to fly over for this, but looks like those plans are out of the window!

Oh, Ticketmaster! FUCK YOU.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2354 on: August 06, 2017, 01:57:36 PM »

North Carolina next Friday got my tickets for Nashville Nov 13th as well!!!! 4th show  on tour

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
saz
Opening Act

« Reply #2355 on: August 18, 2017, 08:08:52 PM »

Hi all, does anyone have a general idea what time the vendors will be outside the stadium selling merch? I'll be at the Winnipeg show, it 'starts ' at 7 and I neeeeed to get the GnR shirt made specifically for winnipeg. I'm curious to what it will be related to🤔
GingerGringo92
Headliner

« Reply #2356 on: August 18, 2017, 08:25:34 PM »

Us Canadians finally get a second show tomorrow! The first since Toronto last year. I was originally supposed to go to the show tomorrow in Montreal, but instead I'm going to the show October 29th in Toronto!

Que lo mejor de mi pasado sea lo peor de tu futuro
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2357 on: August 19, 2017, 07:50:17 AM »

Hi all, does anyone have a general idea what time the vendors will be outside the stadium selling merch? I'll be at the Winnipeg show, it 'starts ' at 7 and I neeeeed to get the GnR shirt made specifically for winnipeg. I'm curious to what it will be related to🤔

The merchandise truck was open at 4pm when we got to the Winston Salem show. Don't know how early it opened, but we were able to get the show specific shirt. The litho was sold out, but got one in side the venue early.
saz
Opening Act

« Reply #2358 on: August 19, 2017, 08:29:27 PM »

The merchandise truck was open at 4pm when we got to the Winston Salem show. Don't know how early it opened, but we were able to get the show specific shirt. The litho was sold out, but got one in side the venue early.

Thank you!!!
mpkline07
Opening Act

« Reply #2359 on: September 29, 2017, 02:06:59 PM »

I think it'd be really cool to see Slash stand on the piano during the final solo during November rain...he did a few time in the 90's...and I'm sorry, but it looks cool as fuck!!
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: