Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:30:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] April 19, 2016 ? Foro Sol, Mexico City
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] April 19, 2016 ? Foro Sol, Mexico City  (Read 82122 times)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #320 on: April 20, 2016, 02:38:34 PM »

Amazing how some people think that we need or want thousands and thousands of smartphones in the crowd to get a couple of decent videos to watch no

If you see other people filming just put yours away. If everyone but 10 people did that the shows would be a 100 times better experience for everyone.

I wonder if a fight could break out because someone asks someone to put their phone away as it's annoying.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #321 on: April 20, 2016, 02:38:40 PM »

Yeah, that pic is awesome.

I like her back-up vocals too.

Unlike Pitman, you could really hear both her vocals and keys in the venue at Vegas.  Standouts for her were Better, Coma & November Rain.  I dig her, and she's pretty easy on the eyes too.  yes
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #322 on: April 20, 2016, 02:44:23 PM »

Yeah, that pic is awesome.

I like her back-up vocals too.

Unlike Pitman, you could really hear both her vocals and keys in the venue at Vegas.  Standouts for her were Better, Coma & November Rain.  I dig her, and she's pretty easy on the eyes too.  yes

Really noticed her last night listening to 'November Rain' from the second Vegas show.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #323 on: April 20, 2016, 02:45:04 PM »

Amazing how some people think that we need or want thousands and thousands of smartphones in the crowd to get a couple of decent videos to watch no

If you see other people filming just put yours away. If everyone but 10 people did that the shows would be a 100 times better experience for everyone.

I wonder if a fight could break out because someone asks someone to put their phone away as it's annoying.

Toothpaste is long out of that tube, I'm afraid.

That is the world we live in.  Learn it, live it, love it. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Chivi
Headliner

Chinese Democracy 'Cover Z'

« Reply #324 on: April 20, 2016, 02:48:15 PM »

What a Great show last Night! My signal was terrible so I couldn ?periscope?not even one song.  Also, I'm an old school fan, so...the idea of watching the show through a cellphone is not for me. However I took some great pictures and videotape a couple of song to share with the ones that couldn't be there.  ok

The crowd was great, gets a little painful during a couple of songs...but nothing that I fan from Argentina can't stand. Cool

Here's a video (Godfather and Sweet child intro) that I uploaded on my facebook account. Hope you can all see it.
https://www.facebook.com/chivi.diaz.77/videos/10208923314665193/

Aprieto los dientes, miro a los dementes ...y d?nde est?s vos??
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #325 on: April 20, 2016, 02:53:08 PM »

As much as the person asking for the phone to be put down would be 'in the right'... A highly non scientific study I have done tells my that more often than not, the person asking to put down the phone and not the person refusing to put down the phone tends to get the worst of it...

Again, that is my own non scientific study, but that is usually how I see similar situations play out.

Honestly though, we haven't seen them yet outside of North America... it may be a different experience in South America and Europe. I can remember the last time I saw a US crowd 'bounce' non stop for 3 hours like you see outside of this country... and honestly I'm glad, I'm 37 going on 38, I am there to watch a concert not take part in the 50K person Zubma class.
bombom
Headliner

« Reply #326 on: April 20, 2016, 03:06:01 PM »

I assume that they are not playing There Was A Time because the band is still working on it. In other words: They don't perform it until it's perfect.

I know it was a phone cam recording of a soundcheck but after listening to TWAT during the Vegas soundcheck, its clear that Axl isnt ready for it yet.  In all honesty, I don't recall him ever sounding like the Album recording when its been sung live ever since its debut in the Hammerstein gigs back in 2006.

The Devil Hates a Loser!

25/7/2006 - Birmingham
9/6/2006 - Dublin
ice road trucker
VIP

« Reply #327 on: April 20, 2016, 03:23:58 PM »

this i love  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlJKXaYk3yM
ice road trucker
VIP

« Reply #328 on: April 20, 2016, 03:52:03 PM »

godfather  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vCmiXTtpWQ
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #329 on: April 20, 2016, 04:41:55 PM »

Slash is perfecting the solo as the shows go by!! This sounds way better than the first concerts dont you think?? At first sounded strange to me but now i'm starting to dig it a lot!!!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #330 on: April 20, 2016, 05:01:52 PM »

Nightrain

http://youtu.be/cDu4IzAq1lw

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #331 on: April 20, 2016, 05:21:34 PM »

Slash is perfecting the solo as the shows go by!! This sounds way better than the first concerts dont you think?? At first sounded strange to me but now i'm starting to dig it a lot!!!

That's exactly what I thought. As a non-musician it's hard to put a finger on it but it somehow sounds clearer and more to the point. The first version was weird and, I don't know, overly complicated.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2016, 06:21:58 PM »

Sorry, can?t agree with this. Like I said, I LOVE this motherfucker, but do it right. This I Love solo is perfect. If Ashba and Ron always did try to do the solos like we used to love, Slash is not diferent. AND I?M NOT SAYING THAT THIS RUINED THE SONG LIVE, I just think if he try to do the way it is, we would love even more this solo.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2016, 06:26:41 PM »

oh my god  drool

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #334 on: April 20, 2016, 06:50:32 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQkdp7yrQAM

Coma peace

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #335 on: April 20, 2016, 07:05:25 PM »

Basically i do a deal with myself, i just get a couple of photos at the start of the night (first song or 2).. and that does me. I got some very good pics of Slash at one of his gigs last year, same with Axl when guns came to my town... all done within the first song or 2. And then the cellphone didnt come back out.

It is highly annoying watching people record full fucking shows standing right in front of you on their cell phone. As someone else said.. thats the world we live in these days. I honestly think things like gigs and going to the movies is the perfect opportunity to escape the world, why anyone would want to be watching a concert through their shitty cell phone when they are actually AT the concert is beyond me.. but again... thats the world we live in. Pretty fucked up really.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #336 on: April 20, 2016, 07:07:49 PM »

damn, that solo is really coming along nicely!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #337 on: April 20, 2016, 07:39:19 PM »

great pic!

just wondering...but what is the purpose/added value of a second keyboard player? Is it to add some sound effects during the show or so? I really have no idea. Is it a "fulltime show job" or only few moments during the show she needs to do something? (same question was valid for Pitman in fact)

I was asking the same thing a few days ago and was flamed for it...

good luck

Really? It seems a legit question imo? Nobody questions this?

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #338 on: April 20, 2016, 08:03:36 PM »

I love him at the end, "that's a mouthful"

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
ice road trucker
VIP

« Reply #339 on: April 20, 2016, 08:13:17 PM »

better  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QCYfjMh_rM
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: