Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 11:30:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Slash reportedly recording for Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Slash reportedly recording for Guns N' Roses  (Read 35856 times)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2016, 11:57:39 AM »

Fans predicting setlists haven't guessed the same songs though. It's all over the place.

Are they predictions or wishes? There's quite a difference.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2016, 12:00:36 PM »

Fans predicting setlists haven't guessed the same songs though. It's all over the place.

Are they predictions or wishes? There's quite a difference.

Well, both.

But, it's not like the fans' predictions have consistently been CD and Madagascar.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2016, 12:24:39 PM »

Hasnt Axl said before he still has lots of recordings from before Slash quit in 96 of stuff he wrote for Guns ? Even some stuff with Zakk Wylde ? Maybe some brand new ones and some stuff from back then they have reworked on !!
I still hope I get to hear The General , Seven , Soul Monster etc one day tho
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2016, 12:35:24 PM »

I really really hope they don't play more than 2 or 3 songs from CD. I want this to be like a UYI era tour setlist basically. There's so many good songs on UYI that don't get played live much. Locomotive anyone?

Pretty Tied Up?

Just give me a UYI era setlist with 2 or 3 CD songs and 2 new songs, and I'd be in heaven. 24ish total

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2016, 12:49:05 PM »

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6889329/guns-n-roses-new-music-album-2016-reunion-tour-slash-axl-rose

Nothing new, but let's see if they get a response to this:

Billboard has reached out to a representative for Slash for further comment.

Sweetness is a virtue
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2016, 01:36:00 PM »

Time for CD-lineup to release Chinese Democracy = 15 years
Time for classic lineup to release new album = 15 weeks  rofl

False

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2016, 02:15:36 PM »

To be honest I really dont care about new music at all at this point, just do a tour and see how it goes

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2016, 03:46:41 PM »

Didn't the same guy say that Izzy had been recording tracks with the band too? Now we know from Izzy that's not true.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2016, 05:16:24 PM »

Didn't the same guy say that Izzy had been recording tracks with the band too? Now we know from Izzy that's not true.

It was a fake account, he is now tweeting peruvian reality shows with fake Axl Rose on it! LOL
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2016, 07:15:04 AM »

It was a fake account, he is now tweeting peruvian reality shows with fake Axl Rose on it! LOL

How do you know it's fake? We haven't really heard anything from the Man himself. The chances are he's in Peru peace
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2016, 08:35:28 AM »

New music anytime soon from Axl, Slash, and company seems really far-fetched right now to me. I guess it's my pessimist side that's showing. I think it could be a more realistic possibility in 2017. I'd love to hear new music released by the 1980's/1990's core members. I'd love to be blown away by GN'R music again like I was 1980's/1990's. They haven't been a group for a very long time and we all know the amount of time albums were released between The Spaghetti Incident? and Chinese Democracy. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2016, 08:43:36 AM »

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/features/2016-02-24/guns-n-roses-star-in-the-new-issue-of-classic-rock

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2016, 01:02:39 PM »

Been seeing some opposition, mostly on other boards, to the prospect if Slash laying down guitar over some of the unreleased Chi Dem era tracks.  To me this is baffling, mostly because of the fact that these same posters were pretty much mums to word when DJ Ashba & Bumblefoot spoke of doing the exact same thing.  That is, recording on the tracks that Axl had "in the can".

Wouldn't it make sense for the guy who defined GNR's guitar sound to kick these tracks up a proverbial notch?  I mean, to me this is 10x more preferable to the likes of Bumblefoot or DJ adding guitars and finishing them up with their creative input. 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2016, 01:23:31 PM »

Been seeing some opposition, mostly on other boards, to the prospect if Slash laying down guitar over some of the unreleased Chi Dem era tracks.  To me this is baffling, mostly because of the fact that these same posters were pretty much mums to word when DJ Ashba & Bumblefoot spoke of doing the exact same thing.  That is, recording on the tracks that Axl had "in the can".

Wouldn't it make sense for the guy who defined GNR's guitar sound to kick these tracks up a proverbial notch?  I mean, to me this is 10x more preferable to the likes of Bumblefoot or DJ adding guitars and finishing them up with their creative input. 

I wouldn't mind it, as long as there's new music. It's the most important thing to me.

However, there is a difference between adding fills and solos, and creating a riff that is the basis of a song.

It would be cool to hear something that can be described as a Slash and Axl song.

To give an example: I wouldn't call any Chinese Democracy songs Bumblefoot songs although he plays on all of them. There are Robin songs and Buckethead songs though.

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2016, 01:37:03 PM »

I wouldn't mind it, as long as there's new music. It's the most important thing to me.

However, there is a difference between adding fills and solos, and creating a riff that is the basis of a song.

It would be cool to hear something that can be described as a Slash and Axl song.

To give an example: I wouldn't call any Chinese Democracy songs Bumblefoot songs although he plays on all of them. There are Robin songs and Buckethead songs though.

I see what you mean.  Personally, my thoughts go to songs like Estranged, Breakdown, November Rain, Prostitute, This I Love etc.  Songs that are primarily Axl compositions, that, when turned over to the right guitarists, turn out to be masterpieces. 

Let's say (for shits and giggles) The General exists with guitars already, which I'm sure is the case.  Let's say Axl removes whatever lead guitars are on it as it stands, and hands it over to Slash.  I don't see any reason(s) why he wouldn't be able to knock it the f*ck out of the park.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2016, 01:37:58 PM »

I think that some fans are just so stuck on the idea that GNR is, was and will always be ONLY material created by members of the band prior to 1996 that they are blinded to any and all reality.

I believe it's fact (but maybe not officially confirmed?) that some CD songs and some 'future' material were written prior to Slash's 1996 departure.  Yet some fans refuse to acknowledge this very well may be the case.  They refuse to entertain the possibility that Slash has, is and will be involved with anything created in the CD-era or with any CD-era members.

Another fact is and confirmed by both DJ and Bumblefoot that neither added anything 'new' to any 'future' tracks for GNR so that's just a non-topic.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2016, 01:42:49 PM »

I think that some fans are just so stuck on the idea that GNR is, was and will always be ONLY material created by members of the band prior to 1996 that they are blinded to any and all reality.

I believe it's fact (but maybe not officially confirmed?) that some CD songs and some 'future' material were written prior to Slash's 1996 departure.  Yet some fans refuse to acknowledge this very well may be the case.  They refuse to entertain the possibility that Slash has, is and will be involved with anything created in the CD-era or with any CD-era members.

Another fact is and confirmed by both DJ and Bumblefoot that neither added anything 'new' to any 'future' tracks for GNR so that's just a non-topic.

Yup.  Like I said in my post above, I highly doubt Slash's additions would or will be like what Ron did on Chinese; like extra noodling and fills here and there and maybe some extra rhythms.  I think Slash would ultimately replace whatever leads are there completely. 
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2016, 01:47:40 PM »

I think Slash would ultimately replace whatever leads are there completely. 
But hopefully not Brian May's tracks.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2016, 01:48:34 PM »

I think Slash would ultimately replace whatever leads are there completely. 
But hopefully not Brian May's tracks.  hihi

Haha, some things just can't be taken off the alter.  Wink
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2016, 01:51:51 PM »

Yup.  Like I said in my post above, I highly doubt Slash's additions would or will be like what Ron did on Chinese; like extra noodling and fills here and there and maybe some extra rhythms.  I think Slash would ultimately replace whatever leads are there completely. 

Yeah, that is a bit different.

Not quite like Coma, but more like Estranged.  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: