Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point  (Read 56925 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2016, 05:31:34 PM »

Ya know its funny Axl is referred to as the howard hughes of rock n roll when in fact i think its izzy who would be more of that description. Does axl stay out of the limelight yes but atleast he has done interviews in the last 10 years. Izzy never does interviews who knows if  he has a mailing address. He could very well be the most under the radar musician in rock history for someone who has contributed to something as big as AFD & UYI and to really know nothing about the guy its really quite fascinating.

I also believe everything he has ever done has been on his own accord keeping low he didn't want the spotlight when it was bright he left gnr. We need to stop with all the assumptions that he is unhappy or mad at anyone because izzy is izzy
Agree.

Supposedly the quote to Rolling Stone was that the initial Izzy999 tweet was to clarify FOR THE FANS that the speculation in the media about the status of his current involvement with GNR is false.  Since Izzy has never in the past publicly clarified his position on any rumors, a lot of us in the fan base, including me, questioned the validity that the tweet was actually made by the real Izzy and all this subsequent conjecture resulted from that doubt.

Which leads to the real question here: Does Izzy understand the perception the fans have of him?  (Examples: Izzy doesn't tweet so it can't be Izzy.  Izzy will be involved with the GNR shows only whenever he feels like it because that's what Izzy does.)

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2016, 05:32:36 PM »

It might be a case of Izzy not being contacted yet. Could be an assumption on the band's part, Izzy isn't interested in big tours.

Hence, "at this point in time". Maybe he's waiting for an invitation to join them for some guest spots, not even wanting the full tour commitment.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2016, 06:43:29 PM »

Why do you think, if Izzy is resentful towards Axl/Slash/Duff for not being included in the rejoining, that he would choose to express that resentment by opening a twitter account and being vague about his agenda for doing so?

Not sure why he'd go that route, though it would seem that Twitter is a good medium for him --- total control of output and maximum of 140 characters fits his concise form of expressing himself (which reflects in his music as well... pretty obvious that the long, epic GNR songs (NR, Estranged, Coma, Locomotive) are the ones he had least to do with).  The vagueness, ambiguity also seem pretty consistent with his character.  Ha, we wouldn't be speculating here if he was entirely clear about how he felt about all this.  Rolling Stone offered him an interview for a chance to set the record straight, guarantee he won't take them up on it.   
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2016, 06:48:59 PM »

However .. gun to my head.. I don't think the three of them who all are close with him would go ahead with this without asking him first what and if he would like to take part in this.

Without knowing all the details, it's all a bunch of assumptions. But anyway, let's go ahead and assume....
These guys know Izzy better than any of us here (that's an assumption too). What we do know is the fact that Izzy hasn't done a real tour in over a decade.

He has done various guest spots on tours over the years.
So, is it possible those guys know that and therefore might've gone ahead and decided to regroup without checking with him first? I think it's possible.

I do understand what you're saying though. You don't think the other two would commit to rejoining GN'R without checking what Izzy's up to and whether or not he'd be part of it.
I guess my opinion is more in line with "let's get together and then see if Izzy wants to be part of it" rather than "before we get together with Axl again, let's see if Izzy is interested"......

And I solely base my assumption on the fact that Izzy hasn't been an active touring artist for some time.... But who knows, maybe he's changed his mind. Smiley

/jarmo

That's a fair assumption, given his history, but even so, from Izzy's standpoint, it's plausible that he may have felt disrespected to not have been involved in the initial discussions.  It reminds me of a friend I had that would turn me down almost every time I'd ask him to join a group of us for a night out.  The one time I didn't he got all offended.  I tell him, why would I bother asking him, he always says no, and he replies, "I at least deserve the opportunity to turn you down." 
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2016, 12:02:47 AM »

Given that there was a rumoured breakdown of %ages a little while back, I'd say that he possibly was asked , if nothing more than to nail down who gets what....  Wink
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2016, 03:57:03 AM »

It must burn Izzy that the media and general public equates 'Axl and Slash reunion' with 'Guns N' Roses reunion'.  He co-founded the band and was a primary songwriter on some of the most iconic songs of the biggest rock band of its generation, yet he hardly registers in the public consciousness.  That's a shame. 

Very true but nobody is more responsible for Izzy's lack of recognition than the man himself. He walked away. He refused to walk back in any kind of permanent role. He let Axl and Slash be the faces of that era. What can we assume other than he wants it that way?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2016, 07:03:57 AM »

That's a fair assumption, given his history, but even so, from Izzy's standpoint, it's plausible that he may have felt disrespected to not have been involved in the initial discussions.  It reminds me of a friend I had that would turn me down almost every time I'd ask him to join a group of us for a night out.  The one time I didn't he got all offended.  I tell him, why would I bother asking him, he always says no, and he replies, "I at least deserve the opportunity to turn you down." 

Sure, that's a fair point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2016, 08:25:55 AM »

The rumors about the release of Chinese Democracy circulated for something like 17 years.  They were all obviously false until they were true, too.  hihi

The "Greatest Hits album is really the Chinese Democracy album" rumor still remains my favorite Chinese Democracy rumor.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #248 on: March 04, 2016, 01:28:01 PM »

Has he posted the full version of his new cover on Youtube  yet? Said he do it today. *waiting* drool

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #249 on: March 04, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »

Has he posted the full version of his new cover on Youtube  yet? Said he do it today. *waiting* drool

https://youtu.be/PdZZTUxC7dY
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2016, 01:45:40 PM »

I Believe... Izzy In Some Shows

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2016, 02:13:21 PM »

smoking

Izzy is THA MAN! No disrespect to Pitmans, Bumbles, Buckets and Hughes and whatever. There was a sign in the Dont't Cry video, everbody remember? Here he IS(Z) Cool as ever! beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
santiago-gnr
Rocker

Bucher

« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2016, 02:36:45 PM »

Hear Izzy Stradlin's voicemail to us denying involvement in the Guns N' Roses reunion

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-izzy-stradlin-deny-involvement-in-guns-n-roses-reunion-20160304
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2016, 02:45:29 PM »

Every day I open this thread...it stings little bit more and more that for whatever reason he might not do this !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: March 04, 2016, 03:00:15 PM »

Hear Izzy Stradlin's voicemail to us denying involvement in the Guns N' Roses reunion

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-izzy-stradlin-deny-involvement-in-guns-n-roses-reunion-20160304

The animation is really cool!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2016, 03:47:41 PM »

Pretty cool they did that!

I see some comments on the RS page saying they shouldn't have released the audio because it's private... I disagree, Izzy is only making a statement, no different than what he wrote on twitter.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2016, 04:18:28 PM »

Every day I open this thread...it stings little bit more and more that for whatever reason he might not do this !

Imagine how bad it will feel in a week.... Wink

I don't know, his update didn't seem like the final answer. More like "it's not like what you've been reading". Managing expectations.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2016, 02:51:40 PM »

One can only speculate on the reasons behind Izzy's apparent non-participance in April.

I see Del James are now following Izzy on twitter. That could speak to the fact there isn't any bad blood between Izzy and the GN'R camp.

Sweetness is a virtue
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2016, 04:32:35 PM »

Ill play Devil's advocate on this one...

It's not like Izzy hasnt played with the band since 91. It's not like hes been totally unsighted when it comes to GNR since his departure.... as opposed to Slash and if you want to push that further.. then you could include Steven too....

I love Izzy, i love what hes contributed to this band, but this thing with Izzy has really grown more legs then what i thought it would. I am not sure of whether its a case of Izzy being that important to GNR in 2016 or whether its just in the minds of certains fans that he is.

I think its probably option B.

FWIW... anyone who was expecting Izzy to be back fulltime after that first promo vid came out needs their head read. And anyway... theres probably a good chance he will play a show here or there at some point, just like he has in the past...

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2016, 05:00:41 PM »

smoking

Izzy is THA MAN! No disrespect to Pitmans, Bumbles, Buckets and Hughes and whatever. There was a sign in the Dont't Cry video, everbody remember? Here he IS(Z) Cool as ever! beer

IZZY Come Back 1993, 2006 (USA/EUROPE), 2012

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: