Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:06:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point  (Read 57051 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2016, 09:16:23 AM »

Where else but here would we be debating the semantics of whether it's a reunion?  "Reunion" is commonly defined as "an instance of two or more people coming together again after a period of separation" (at least, that's what my 3 second research on Google tells me).

This is a reunion...it may not be a full reunion or complete reunion, or the reunion that you want...but it's a fucking reunion.

In 2015 the most annoying word here was "hiatus"...it's now been replaced with "regrouping".   hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2016, 09:19:16 AM »

Where else but here would we be debating the semantics of whether it's a reunion? 

Seriously.   

Look, Axl has been running this "band" like a sports team for 15 years.  People come, people go.  Contracts are signed and then not renewed.

Well, now he's gone out and signed some free agents, so his team can make a legit championship run.  He's putting a better line-up on the floor.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2016, 09:20:48 AM »

Where else but here would we be debating the semantics of whether it's a reunion?  "Reunion" is commonly defined as "an instance of two or more people coming together again after a period of separation" (at least, that's what my 3 second research on Google tells me).

This is a reunion...it may not be a full reunion or complete reunion, or the reunion that you want...but it's a fucking reunion.

In 2015 the most annoying word here was "hiatus"...it's now been replaced with "regrouping".   hihi

I always get a very big kick out of the GNR community dictionary!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2016, 09:26:29 AM »

Awesome!! I was hoping that since the beginning! Fortus is a far more technical guitar player than him. 
People need to stop putting Izzy in an altar or something...the guy has zero commitments with GNR and doesnt give a f... for the the fans, He doesn't deserve all this mourning for his abcense imo. Some guest appearances and some songwriting would be enough!

At least Izzy HAS fans that want him in the band...

Who cares if Fortus is a far more technical player, his contribution to GNR is exactly zero.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2016, 09:34:54 AM »

Awesome!! I was hoping that since the beginning! Fortus is a far more technical guitar player than him. 
People need to stop putting Izzy in an altar or something...the guy has zero commitments with GNR and doesnt give a f... for the the fans, He doesn't deserve all this mourning for his abcense imo. Some guest appearances and some songwriting would be enough!

Who cares if Fortus is a far more technical player, his contribution to GNR is exactly zero.

But I think I have to agree with Bazfreak.

If Izzy can't be bothered, how long are supposed to hold this candle light vigil?  Sure, I wish he was a part of this in some way.  But its his call, and he can't be bothered.

How is it that the man himself is more at peace with this than his fans from 25 years ago?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2016, 09:44:47 AM »

If Izzy can't be bothered, how long are supposed to hold this candle light vigil?  Sure, I wish he was a part of this in some way.  But its his call, and he can't be bothered.

How is it that the man himself is more at peace with this than his fans from 25 years ago?

If Izzy doesn't want to be there, so be it.  He's a grown man, he can do whatever he wants.  I am entitled to my dissapointment about that, but that's where it ends.

What I can't stand however is how certain people dismiss genuine GNR members in favour of one or more of Axl's hired helps...

If it wasn't for Izzy, we wouldn't be discussing this band 25 years after he left ...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2016, 10:01:45 AM »

What I can't stand however is how certain people dismiss genuine GNR members in favour of one or more of Axl's hired helps...

I see that argument.

I'm just not sure I've seen anyone passionately argue for their inclusion that didn't already have a chip on their shoulder about this tour potentially trying to erase the past 15 years like they never happened.  Tend to the same people that try and argue that like, 5 or 6 'Chinese' songs need to be played.

I think its a small minority that is wrapped up in that.  A small minority of the fanbase overall, but certainly a higher concentration of them at this particular site.

The majority is more take them or leave them, from what I see.  Maybe that's just me though.

Princess Leia
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2016, 10:04:37 AM »

If Izzy doesn't want to join GN'R he doesn't have any obligation to do it. However I wouldn't call that "awesome". I don't think it is awesome news for a lot  of people going to Vegas or Coachella.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2016, 10:06:39 AM »

If Izzy doesn't want to join GN'R he doesn't have any obligation to do it. However I wouldn't call that "awesome". I don't think it is awesome news for a lot  of people going to Vegas or Coachella.

At best, Izzy was going to be an added bonus though, right?

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2016, 10:10:27 AM »

It's not all about the guitar playing though.

You have songs like 14 Years and Dust N' Bones which they probably won't play without him.

That said, Fortus is probably the best replacement there is, rather him than Gilby in my book.

Yeah this sucks. I really love 14 Years and Dust N Bones. Hell Dust n Bones is one of my favorite songs. Damn. I mean Fortus is good, and honestly that is who I expected to be in the lineup with Izzy doing a couple things here and there. Still I'm bummed out. He is an important part of UYI and AFD.

Fortus is really good, but I'd still rather have Gilby.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2016, 10:10:34 AM »

if it was the case he would be already involved, right?

and if the twitter account is legit, is it a popularity test to get at the negotiating table?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2016, 10:14:50 AM »

Where else but here would we be debating the semantics of whether it's a reunion? 

Seriously.   

Look, Axl has been running this "band" like a sports team for 15 years.  People come, people go.  Contracts are signed and then not renewed.

Well, now he's gone out and signed some free agents, so his team can make a legit championship run.  He's putting a better line-up on the floor.

Ummm nope.

I agree its been like a sports team, but he's getting the original team back together. In technical terms I guess he's signed 2 killer UFAs in Duff and Slash, but in reality... in the real world where I live. They are not just hired guns. The real band is back.

Putting a better lineup on the floor? He's better the reigning, defending... never out of retirement lineup back on the floor. Getting Slash and Duff back in the mix isn't the same as ANY other guitarist and bassist.

Stop being so liberal in your thinking. It gets washed quickly.

But don't damn me
Princess Leia
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2016, 10:15:02 AM »

He is saying he won`t be involed "at this time" in the shows in April. It sounds to me he might be a guest at some point during the U.S. Tour.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2016, 10:16:09 AM »

Maybe it's the fact that I'm not a native English speaker, but to me "at this point" means right now. As of right now, at this moment in time.

Meaning, things could change between now and then. Or not!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2016, 10:16:14 AM »

He is saying he won`t be involed "at this time" in the shows in April. It sounds to me he might be a guest at some point during the U.S. Tour.

Seems most likely. This isn't a big bomb shell he dropped. Nobody was expecting him to be a big part of this anyway, and his little announcement doesn't mean he won't hop on stage at some point.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2016, 10:18:02 AM »

Ummm nope.

I agree its been like a sports team, but he's getting the original team back together. In technical terms I guess he's signed 2 killer UFAs in Duff and Slash, but in reality... in the real world where I live. They are not just hired guns. The real band is back.

Putting a better lineup on the floor? He's better the reigning, defending... never out of retirement lineup back on the floor. Getting Slash and Duff back in the mix isn't the same as ANY other guitarist and bassist.

Stop being so liberal in your thinking. It gets washed quickly.

So, should...I just stomp my feet, hem and haw, all because I'm not getting what I like and deem necessary?  Is that productive?

I have yet to hear an argument that 2016 will not be the best year to be a GNR fan in forever.  What's to be gained by sitting in the corner, rocking and back and forth, and muttering "this just isn't right, man...this just isn't right, man"?

What's that get me?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2016, 10:21:01 AM »

Maybe it's the fact that I'm not a native English speaker, but to me "at this point" means right now. As of right now, at this moment in time.

Meaning, things could change between now and then. Or not!

Perhaps.

But he said he was not going to be involved in the April 2016 shows.  He was specific on that front.  So no Vegas, no Coachella.

Would they be the more logical and likely times he'd turn up?

I guess, if a tour actually gets announced, he could wander onstage one night it Atlanta or something.  But it would be the very definition of random.

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2016, 10:21:16 AM »

No man, but your terms were spot on, until you acted like Slash and Duff were just another lineup or "team".

I just hate that people are discounting Slash and Duff. Yeah Axl owns the fucking name, so whoever is in Guns N' Roses until he dies is just a "hired gun" we get it man. That still doesn't take away the reality of the situation.

He's putting the All Star team together here. Gn'R never defended their title, the other guys just kinda retired in a way and then like 8 years went by and he resigned a bunch of ufa clowns.

lol just kidding about clowns. This is different. Anyways. I'm thrilled but sad that Izzy is out for now it looks.

But don't damn me
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2016, 10:26:09 AM »

But it would be the very definition of random.

Izzy *is* the definition of random.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2016, 10:26:37 AM »

But it would be the very definition of random.

Izzy *is* the definition of random.

Hahahaha, true.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: