Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:32:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227772 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR Keyboardist CHRIS PITMAN Apologizes For Calling Reunion 'Nostalgia Tour'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Keyboardist CHRIS PITMAN Apologizes For Calling Reunion 'Nostalgia Tour'  (Read 39147 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« on: March 04, 2016, 08:53:31 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES Keyboardist CHRIS PITMAN Apologizes For Calling Reunion 'Nostalgia Tour'

The reunited GUNS N' ROSES ? featuring Axl Rose alongside guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan ? has six shows scheduled so far, all in April: two at the Coachella Music And Arts Festival, two in Las Vegas and two in Mexico City. The rest of the band's lineup for the shows ? and a potential tour later in the year ? remains unclear, although keyboardist Dizzy Reed, guitarist Richard Fortus, and drummer Frank Ferrer are all believed to be involved.

In recent a social media post that's since been deleted (but captured on Reddit), Pitman wrote:

"This is a nostalgia tour, please don't mention those who are there the last 20 fkg years [sic] oh god no! ...(a money grab) FU."

Now Pitman has taken to Twitter to say sorry to his bandmates, explaining:

"I sincerely apologize to GNR,especially the band and crew,for stupid comments about upcoming tour, ..remember kids, dont drink n text!"

The multi-instrumentalist joined GUNS N' ROSES in 1998, performing keyboard, bass, percussion and backing vocals. He featured on every song on the band's sixth album, "Chinese Democracy", and is one of the longest serving members of the group's most recent lineup.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-keyboardist-chris-pitman-apologizes-for-calling-reunion-nostalgia-tour/

love PITMAN  love

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:30:47 AM »

"This is a nostalgia tour, please don't mention those who are there the last 20 fkg years [sic] oh god no! ...(a money grab) FU."

"oh god no! ...(a money grab) FU"

I don't understand most of this?

can someone explain a bit?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 09:37:29 AM »

He is commenting that none of the other guys from recent line-ups are getting any love here, and he resents it.

The money grab part, I'm not as sure about.  I guess he is saying this tour is all about money. 

But I'm not sure that, #1, that makes it any different than any of their last few tours which were not in support of anything new, nor offered even the pretense of moving forward.  And, #2, as we've said many times, all tours are "money grabs".  That's why bands tour.  To make money.  That is the job.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 09:42:18 AM »

He is commenting that none of the other guys from recent line-ups are getting any love here, and he resents it.

The money grab part, I'm not as sure about.  I guess he is saying this tour is all about money. 

But I'm not sure that, #1, that makes it any different than any of their last few tours which were not in support of anything new, nor offered even the pretense of moving forward.  And, #2, as we've said many times, all tours are "money grabs".  That's why bands tour.  To make money.  That is the job.

The more I read it I almost wonder if that is a shot at the people (fans) complaining about the sudden lack of love for the last 20 years, and complaining that it's a money grab... not sure, it is definitely written like a classic drunk text so it is hard to follow (especially the money grab part and how that is written).
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 09:48:51 AM »

The more I read it I almost wonder if that is a shot at the people (fans) complaining about the sudden lack of love for the last 20 years

Could be.

Let's put yourself in his shoes.  You see post after post and comment after comment along the lines of "so long as its Axl, Slash, and Duff, I don't even care who else is up there."

That probably doesn't make you feel awesome.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »

Sarcasm, Ironic, Drink, Vodka, Beers, Whisky's, etc.

hihi

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 09:54:01 AM »

The more I read it I almost wonder if that is a shot at the people (fans) complaining about the sudden lack of love for the last 20 years

Could be.

Let's put yourself in his shoes.  You see post after post and comment after comment along the lines of "so long as its Axl, Slash, and Duff, I don't even care who else is up there."

Totally get it, it just reads so weird.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 10:42:20 AM »

Could be.

He could also be graceful about the whole thing, and resign.

That would be awesome.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 10:48:51 AM »

Chris cry baby Pitman... if it wasnt for the "original" GNR legacy he would be playing Garth Brooks cover songs in pubs. What a jerk...he should be grateful for having the chance of being part of history instead of dissing in social media. Thats why I respect Frank and Fortus...these guys are truly professionals!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 10:53:10 AM »

Know what's funny?

This is the EXACT type of shit we've been talking about with Adler these past few weeks.  Something dumb like this he would have to walk back the next day.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 10:57:01 AM »

Know what's funny?

This is the EXACT type of shit we've been talking about with Adler these past few weeks.  Something dumb like this he would have to walk back the next day.

The chances of that happening is pretty big.

He's a loose cannon for sure.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 11:03:08 AM »

I think, in all fairness, anyone truly hard on Steven just on the chance he might do something like this needs to come down pretty hard on Chris here. 

This isn't theoretical, but real.  Can't just dismiss this "oh, that wacky Mother Goose, LOLZ".

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 11:11:03 AM »

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 11:19:18 AM »

I think, in all fairness, anyone truly hard on Steven just on the chance he might do something like this needs to come down pretty hard on Chris here. 

This isn't theoretical, but real.  Can't just dismiss this "oh, that wacky Mother Goose, LOLZ".

Although nothing has been said about Steven's involvement, he has already made comments of the same nature just a few months back.

"Duff doesn't think I'm cool", "Slash doesn't believe in me", "Matt was never in, he was a hired hand" etc. etc. etc.

So I think it goes both ways. People going soft on Steven's comments and really wants him back in the band, shouldn't strike down hard on Pitman for making comments similar to Steven's.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 11:42:28 AM »

Says the guy who's been in a band that released one album in a hundred years and has been playing mostly other people's songs live - songs from the moneygrabbers!

Give me a break! I have some dishes in my sink if he has nothing else to do.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 11:50:00 AM »

Says the guy who's been in a band that released one album in a hundred years and has been playing mostly other people's songs live - songs from the moneygrabbers!

Give me a break! I have some dishes in my sink if he has nothing else to do.

Have A Nice Day

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 12:11:47 PM »

I always loved that pic. It's like

Chris: Hey Duffster, havin the time of your life, hu? My band is a fun place to be, right?
Duff: Yeah, right...

Mr Pitmans comment can mean anything...
1) Fuck the fans
2) Fuck, I'm out
3) Fuckin Clusterfuck, why are the coming gigs only promoted with the two new guys and Axl
4) Fuck yeah, I'm drunk
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:15:29 PM by Ringoturtle » Logged

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 12:38:35 PM »

Chris will be fine.  He's got all that Beatrazr money to fall back on...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 01:02:27 PM »

What was he expecting, headlines to read "Slash & Duff Rejoin Chris Pitman's Guns N' Roses"?  hihi

But seriously, I'm stunned he was surprised by any of the marketing. Slash & Axl back together is literally the biggest news in rock of this decade.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 02:27:57 PM »

Quote from: Chris

With the appropriate punctuation and a few words added here n' there, this quote could actually be read as Chris' defending Axl/Slash/Duff's decision to the rejoining to GNR.  (which is exactly what I thought he meant when I first read it...... him criticizing the media coverage.)

"This is a nostalgia tour??
please don't mention those who are there the last 20 fkg years [sic] that Slash n' Duff are also joining up with! oh god no!
...(a money grab) FU! They put their differences aside for the fans!!!"

But even if left as explained as a drunk text, it's not even close to things that have been said by/about each other of the three that most likely were apologized for and forgiven to get us all to this very exciting point in time.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: